Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Preparations / Advice

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 04:15 AM   #1
Greetings
Avalon Senior Member
 
Greetings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rocky Mountains, NA
Posts: 98
Default DO Something why dontcha!!

Sitting here as I usual do, my thought process often returns through the veils of imagination and "futuretalk" to one focal point that i find myself telling myself:

It is one thing to try, it is another to DO.

"Easier said than done," I interject quickly within my mind.


I am most definitely one for making a difference and putting myself out there for others to grow positively from. Be the Change you want to See. Taking a quick glimpse at my life I have always had some pretty remarkable talents when in comparison to others. From being an avid rock climber and yoga practicioner, to being an accomplished musician and able to "speak from the heart through sound", as i like to put it.

I just came back from a life altering journey. going to meditation centers up in the highlands and learning precious things about the sciences of agriculture, and understanding nature. Yet here i am, twenty three and at mom and dad's, just spending my time reading things in the day, practicing meditation and yoga. I feel that i am using my time rather wisely, but i feel that my parents depiction of what "you sir" should be doing at this age in this age, should be different. Furthermore, from what I am reading of what people talk of (not that it really even changes anything), I want to use my time as efficiently as i ever could.

"GO do something," They tell me every single evening.

"But I'm learning to develop myself," I reply.

*Arguing continues*



I like where i am in life, yet i do not. I want something, yet what is it? I want to make myself the best i can be at helping others, whether thats through learning medicine, or putting more music out for the ears of others.


I feel so out of place.

Even though i have all essentials at the folks, no money or nothing anymore, I still find myself getting edgy and wanting to just pack up the backpack and duck out for half a year.. What the Heck Is Going on?!!?!
Greetings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:36 AM   #2
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: heart central
Posts: 798
Default Re: DO Something why dontcha!!

hello greetings ...

i was going to write ... greetings greetings ...

you ask ... what the heck is going on ...
you are 23 and wondering ...
33 year olds ... 53 and 73 year olds are asking the same ...

if ... they are true to theirsleves and following their hearts ...
and you are doing such ... your heart will lead you to exactly where you need to be ...

to your parents ... what you are doing is not 'productive' ... not in the 'illusion' anyway ...
but it seems they have patience and everything will unfold as it is meant to ...

we don't have all the answers ... that is why we seek ... we're simply forerunners to where this world needs to be ... living from heart central ...

others ... their time will come ... perhaps not today ... but maybe tomorrow ... or the next day ... and they will come to understand ...

this doesn't mean you will always remain where you are ... the answers you seek will arrive and you will move forward to where it feels true and right and you will flourish there ...

do not feel out of place ...
you are not losing your mind ... but in the process ...of gaining your soul ...



futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:40 AM   #3
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,659
Default Re: DO Something why dontcha!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greetings View Post
Sitting here as I usual do, my thought process often returns through the veils of imagination and "futuretalk" to one focal point that i find myself telling myself:

It is one thing to try, it is another to DO.

"Easier said than done," I interject quickly within my mind.


I am most definitely one for making a difference and putting myself out there for others to grow positively from. Be the Change you want to See. Taking a quick glimpse at my life I have always had some pretty remarkable talents when in comparison to others. From being an avid rock climber and yoga practicioner, to being an accomplished musician and able to "speak from the heart through sound", as i like to put it.

I just came back from a life altering journey. going to meditation centers up in the highlands and learning precious things about the sciences of agriculture, and understanding nature. Yet here i am, twenty three and at mom and dad's, just spending my time reading things in the day, practicing meditation and yoga. I feel that i am using my time rather wisely, but i feel that my parents depiction of what "you sir" should be doing at this age in this age, should be different. Furthermore, from what I am reading of what people talk of (not that it really even changes anything), I want to use my time as efficiently as i ever could.

"GO do something," They tell me every single evening.

"But I'm learning to develop myself," I reply.

*Arguing continues*



I like where i am in life, yet i do not. I want something, yet what is it? I want to make myself the best i can be at helping others, whether thats through learning medicine, or putting more music out for the ears of others.


I feel so out of place.

Even though i have all essentials at the folks, no money or nothing anymore, I still find myself getting edgy and wanting to just pack up the backpack and duck out for half a year.. What the Heck Is Going on?!!?!

Don't forget to take out the trash on your way out the back door
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:48 AM   #4
lindabaker
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 504
Default Re: DO Something why dontcha!!

Maybe your parents want to be alone together after 23 years! Not that they don't love you...but, still...
lindabaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:57 AM   #5
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,659
Default Re: DO Something why dontcha!!

Soberly, though, do what I do, learn to "undulate" between their world (a shared world at that, to some degree) and your world. I have my own space that is inviolate and I balance between worlds of reality. I also help out around the house until I am satisfied that I am putting in my exchange with other members here. Fortunately, my in-laws like to stick with themselves and are only being helpful when they do come into my space.
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:57 AM   #6
Greetings
Avalon Senior Member
 
Greetings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rocky Mountains, NA
Posts: 98
Default Re: DO Something why dontcha!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by futureyes View Post
hello greetings ...

if ... they are true to theirsleves and following their hearts ...
and you are doing such ... your heart will lead you to exactly where you need to be ...

to your parents ... what you are doing is not 'productive' ... not in the 'illusion' anyway ...
but it seems they have patience and everything will unfold as it is meant to ...

we don't have all the answers ... that is why we seek ... we're simply forerunners to where this world needs to be ... living from heart central ...

others ... their time will come ... perhaps not today ... but maybe tomorrow ... or the next day ... and they will come to understand ...

this doesn't mean you will always remain where you are ... the answers you seek will arrive and you will move forward to where it feels true and right and you will flourish there ...

do not feel out of place ...
you are not losing your mind ... but in the process ...of gaining your soul ...



Thank you i totally needed this! Such a simple thing can be so simply forgotten it seems. You are right - i just gotta follow the path. Its like something that i heard in the past - "Minimize the reacting brain and strengthen the Cognizing brain".

there is no time like the present.





Quote:
Originally Posted by lindabaker View Post
Maybe your parents want to be alone together after 23 years! Not that they don't love you...but, still...

Ha haha. On the contrary I've been gone for 5 years! I won't go any further than say that my parents are interesting.
Greetings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:00 AM   #7
Greetings
Avalon Senior Member
 
Greetings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rocky Mountains, NA
Posts: 98
Default Re: DO Something why dontcha!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnosis5 View Post
Soberly, though, do what I do, learn to "undulate" between their world (a shared world at that, to some degree) and your world. I have my own space that is inviolate and I balance between worlds of reality. I also help out around the house until I am satisfied that I am putting in my exchange with other members here.

Crucial words thank you. Undulation will have a greater meaning now for me. I definitely need to practice that more of that
Greetings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:10 AM   #8
Christo888
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: OC, CA and next...
Posts: 1,289
Default Re: DO Something why dontcha!!

You're in an awesome position!!!!! Go work your ass off to raise money and then plan out a journey if you want but you have a home base to come back too!!!! Not many people can just take off without concern for holding onto their homebase.

Or come up with something fresh and exciting to start... something that invigorates your soul and sparks passion in others!

Whip it up man!!! There's a whole planet to play in!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlfKdbWwruY
Christo888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:39 AM   #9
Greetings
Avalon Senior Member
 
Greetings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rocky Mountains, NA
Posts: 98
Default Re: DO Something why dontcha!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christo888 View Post
You're in an awesome position!!!!! Go work your ass off to raise money and then plan out a journey if you want but you have a home base to come back too!!!! Not many people can just take off without concern for holding onto their homebase.

Or come up with something fresh and exciting to start... something that invigorates your soul and sparks passion in others!

Whip it up man!!! There's a whole planet to play in!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlfKdbWwruY
WHERE IS MATT!!!!


When i saw this video before my epic journey, i burst into tears of joy. Truly a video of "the world comin' together".

I think i have definitely narrowed my line of sight for what i intend to do/am doing in this life. Now the next part (possibly) is to pursue something with full drive. Life is amazing!
Greetings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:16 AM   #10
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: heart central
Posts: 798
Default Re: DO Something why dontcha!!

[QUOTE=Greetings;215695]WHERE IS MATT!!!!


When i saw this video before my epic journey, i burst into tears of joy. Truly a video of "the world comin' together".

I think i have definitely narrowed my line of sight for what i intend to do/am doing in this life. Now the next part (possibly) is to pursue something with full drive. Life is amazing![/QUOTE]


life IS amazing ...

squeeze all you can of it ...
do not waste your energy on the past ...
focus on your path to your future ...

seek your purpose ...
permit your inner passion to be your guide ...

be all you can be ...
assist those that are in need of your help ...
shine your light upon those who experience darkness ...

know your truth ... live it ...

raise the vibration within this world ...

how can THIS ... not be DOING anything ...









futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:33 AM   #11
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: On this Rock
Posts: 1,390
Default Re: DO Something why dontcha!!

Northern Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:41 AM   #12
G9211
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 61
Default Re: DO Something why dontcha!!

I am 40 and I feel the same way. I didn't "wake up" from my hypnotic sleep until I was 37!!! I feel like my life just began a few short years ago. My perspective has done a 180! I am a different person, totally different than I was in say, 2006. I am trying to figure out what I'm supposed to do.....but also letting life take me where I need to go....I'm still riding the current and trying to have as much fun on the way!
G9211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:09 PM   #13
Neo
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 97
Default Re: DO Something why dontcha!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greetings View Post
Sitting here as I usual do, my thought process often returns through the veils of imagination and "futuretalk" to one focal point that i find myself telling myself:

It is one thing to try, it is another to DO.

"Easier said than done," I interject quickly within my mind.


I am most definitely one for making a difference and putting myself out there for others to grow positively from. Be the Change you want to See. Taking a quick glimpse at my life I have always had some pretty remarkable talents when in comparison to others. From being an avid rock climber and yoga practicioner, to being an accomplished musician and able to "speak from the heart through sound", as i like to put it.

I just came back from a life altering journey. going to meditation centers up in the highlands and learning precious things about the sciences of agriculture, and understanding nature. Yet here i am, twenty three and at mom and dad's, just spending my time reading things in the day, practicing meditation and yoga. I feel that i am using my time rather wisely, but i feel that my parents depiction of what "you sir" should be doing at this age in this age, should be different. Furthermore, from what I am reading of what people talk of (not that it really even changes anything), I want to use my time as efficiently as i ever could.

"GO do something," They tell me every single evening.

"But I'm learning to develop myself," I reply.

*Arguing continues*



I like where i am in life, yet i do not. I want something, yet what is it? I want to make myself the best i can be at helping others, whether thats through learning medicine, or putting more music out for the ears of others.


I feel so out of place.

Even though i have all essentials at the folks, no money or nothing anymore, I still find myself getting edgy and wanting to just pack up the backpack and duck out for half a year.. What the Heck Is Going on?!!?!


You arent alone at all. I spent my earlier years on such things as music, spirituality and art. Alot of time spent trying to understand myself. These things do not seem important in our current money driven society and all you can really do is have some faith in that one day they will be important, so much so that you will be sought after for your knowledge.

I am 37 now and not much has changed in this regard except that I have moved out from my parents and have a family. Sadly this has been a constant battle the whole way but if you know yourself as well as I think you do you will know that you can be no other way, this is who you are.
Just try and understand that most other people cant see who you are, they just see something different, something they dont understand.
I know its hard now but I do believe that it wont be forever.
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:40 PM   #14
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Riverside, ca.
Posts: 898
Default Re: DO Something why dontcha!!

"I see myself, outside myself, looking at myself.
I smile, I smile, I smile."

The only things we later regret are the thing we didn't do!

For me, that's as true, at 58, as it was at 23.

"Life's an occasion. Rise to it." - Mr. Magorium
__________________
"Life IS mystical! It's just that we're used to it"

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:11 PM   #15
Paul.T.
Avalon Senior Member
 
Paul.T.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 41
Default Re: DO Something why dontcha!!

I can understand how you feel.

At 46 I have finally (and still) am awakening. I have given up trying to achieve the false american dream that society has dictated to us.

Now I have been left with an new found emptiness and a yearning question of "what is my purpose"

Tomorrow it all changes for me....
my camper is loaded on to the truck and my future lies out there somewhere. I am headed out for parts unknown and letting people, places and things put in my path to help guide me and direct me to where i must be and things I must learn.

I leave it up to the universe and spirit!!
Paul.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:34 PM   #16
Jnana
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 653
Default Re: DO Something why dontcha!!

Quote:
Even though i have all essentials at the folks, no money or nothing anymore, I still find myself getting edgy and wanting to just pack up the backpack and duck out for half a year.. What the Heck Is Going on?!!?!
That edgy feeling is your intuition trying to get through to your conscious mind. Don't ignore it!
Jnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:01 PM   #17
sunny D
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: near the sea......
Posts: 194
Default Re: DO Something why dontcha!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnosis5 View Post
Don't forget to take out the trash on your way out the back door
That was funny..........!
sunny D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:07 PM   #18
Peace of mind
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The uncharted consciousness
Posts: 311
Default Re: DO Something why dontcha!!

Health:
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants..
4. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy
5. Make time to pray.
6. Play more games
7. Read more books than you did in 2009 .
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day
9. Sleep for 7 hours..
10. Take a 10-30 minutes walk daily. And while you walk, smile.

Personality:
11. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
12. Don't have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
13. Don't over do. Keep your limits.
14. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
15. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need..
18. Forget issues of the past. Don't remind your partner with His/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don't hate others.
20. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh more.
24. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree...

Society:
25. Call your family often.
26. Each day give something good to others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything..
28. Spend time w/ people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30. What other people think of you is none of your business.
31. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.

Life:
32. Do the right thing!
33. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
34. GOD heals everything.
35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change..
36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
37. The best is yet to come..
38. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.
39. Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.


Peace
Peace of mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Project Avalon