Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Preparations / Advice

Notices

Old 09-17-2008, 01:12 AM   #1
Soul Sequence
Avalon Senior Member

Default Trade skills - Not money

IMO, and as the old saying goes, "Money is the root of all evil"....and as we can see in past and present, truth be told. When, setting up communities in the aftertime, I believe that all form of currency currently used or recreated with the same fundamentals be completely kept out of your "safe place" and people.
Each one of us has a skill of some sort that can be most beneficial in any place and whereas, in the aftertime, schools should be set up where skills are taught and improved upon to better the community. We do not need to buy and sell things in our groups, IMO, if we recreate that, we'l be starting the cycle all over again. Use common group areas to bring your skills to use, share with the entire group and together, your groups will flourish. Teach your skills to others and grow together.
Would love to hear other's opinions or alternate thoughts and methods.
Regards and Blessings
Soul Sequence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:36 AM   #2
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Trade skills - Not money

Hey Soul, I agree with what you say but I don't think we'll fall into that trap again, one reason is with a higher knowledge of what to do and how to do it we should be o.k. I think things won't have any monetary value anymore so the old barter system will be in effect to such a great extent that actual needs and wants will outway monies.
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:30 AM   #3
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

@Soul Sequence

You missed a bit

--
Timothy 6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
--

There is nothing wrong with money, its just a form of solidified energy

I agree with what you say but with a libertarian slant. I think if the markets were truly free (and I mean rigorously and absolutely free) from intervention by "people in charge" then everything would sort itself out.

In a planet populated by "service to others" oriented people, everything would be ok.

This is what I want to see and hope for everyday: A planet full of loving reponsible people living in harmony with eachother and the planet - with that done, money would be a convenience worth having and not at all dangerous.

It can happen, and we can make it happen. I beleive that is what we are here for - to make manifest a new paradigm.

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:37 AM   #4
Soul Sequence
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you for that Anchor, I welcome that, and you are correct, its not the money itself that is "evil", it is within the hands that hold it.
Soul Sequence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:13 AM   #5
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
@Soul Sequence

You missed a bit

--
Timothy 6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
--

There is nothing wrong with money, its just a form of solidified energy

I agree with what you say but with a libertarian slant. I think if the markets were truly free (and I mean rigorously and absolutely free) from intervention by "people in charge" then everything would sort itself out.

In a planet populated by "service to others" oriented people, everything would be ok.

This is what I want to see and hope for everyday: A planet full of loving reponsible people living in harmony with eachother and the planet - with that done, money would be a convenience worth having and not at all dangerous.

It can happen, and we can make it happen. I beleive that is what we are here for - to make manifest a new paradigm.

A..
Like I said, with increased knowledge comes increased awareness and responsability.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:33 AM   #6
Norval
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
Hey Soul, I agree with what you say but I don't think we'll fall into that trap again, one reason is with a higher knowledge of what to do and how to do it we should be o.k. I think things won't have any monetary value anymore so the old barter system will be in effect to such a great extent that actual needs and wants will outway monies.
You did?
Norval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:38 AM   #7
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norval View Post
You did?
I did what? sorry I don't understand
Old 09-17-2008, 03:43 AM   #8
Norval
Banned

Quote:
I did what? sorry I don't understand
Like I said, with increased knowledge comes increased awareness and responsability.

You didnt say that
Old 09-17-2008, 03:48 AM   #9
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

You didnt say that
Yeah I said that! it's right above your first post.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:49 AM   #10
Norval
Banned

Quote:
Yeah I said that! it's right above your first post.
what ever

luv yer seagul
Old 09-17-2008, 03:57 AM   #11
angelite
Avalon Senior Member

AS the communities connect we will be able to share between them so each community will not have to have everything.
I teach medicinal herbs and edible plants. I can also share healing salve.
angelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 04:02 AM   #12
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
what ever

luv yer seagul
Thanks, about the seagull, gotta have a sense of humor! wish I was on a boat in Tacoma!
Old 09-17-2008, 04:07 AM   #13
HUMANCARGO
Avalon Senior Member

with the insanity of not knowing but understanding our evolution we have to come to grips with the idea of what brothers like the andromedans say....u dont need money all u need is each other, to advance and help other advance, in teh andromedan world at least by the words of alex collier, they go to school for about 75 years or longer they dont need what they call paper with pictures on it, if u need something after u graduate from schooling u r provided with everything u may need for that specific task or job, the only thing u have to do is work on your dreams and further this progression they have a phrase for it "the law of consistency", progression by infusing in your kids the iddea of being better than their parents and acting on it. at least in concept is worderful, for them we have the greatest potential and yet in our ironic life and history we have only perpetuated ideas of control and war, we can do better than that folks and now is the time.
HUMANCARGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 04:14 AM   #14
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMANCARGO View Post
with the insanity of not knowing but understanding our evolution we have to come to grips with the idea of what brothers like the andromedans say....u dont need money all u need is each other, to advance and help other advance, in teh andromedan world at least by the words of alex collier, they go to school for about 75 years or longer they dont need what they call paper with pictures on it, if u need something after u graduate from schooling u r provided with everything u may need for that specific task or job, the only thing u have to do is work on your dreams and further this progression they have a phrase for it "the law of consistency", progression by infusing in your kids the iddea of being better than their parents and acting on it. at least in concept is worderful, for them we have the greatest potential and yet in our ironic life and history we have only perpetuated ideas of control and war, we can do better than that folks and now is the time.
Like I said, with increased knowledge comes increased responsibility! I think things will be bartered not have a price put on it.