Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Archived Threads - Read Only

Notices

Archived Threads - Read Only For threads not posted in for 30 days

Old 09-08-2008, 04:50 AM   #1
thedarke
Avalon Senior Member

Default Preserving Knowledge

Of all the websites and discussions I have been reading about this and that, has anyone ever stopped to think about how we can preserve all this information and knowledge for future generations to come. With our government in the works of internet 2, to keep 100% control over what is allowed to be posted and many of the internet providers going along with this s***. We need to consider downloading this data to a storage facility or back up of some type. Sort of like, downloading all of wikipedia and burning it onto dvds, but only on a larger scale. Knowledge has a way of being lost or destroyed over time, and then slowly being rediscovered, but I don't think it has to be like this for future generations, we need to preserve this knowledge by downloading it and saving it. Does anyone have any thoughts or input on this. I thought about downloading as much knowledge as possible and sending out discs on information to various people and resources to try to preserve what knowledge I could before everything becomes censored and controlled.
thedarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:58 AM   #2
Pithiny
Project Avalon Researcher

Default Re: Preserving Knowledge

Let's make a list of what needs to be preserved. Then we can figure out how to do it.
Pithiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:24 AM   #3
mikey
Avalon Senior Member

Hey... iv often wondered about this. Im sure all very important information has its means of working its way through any eventuality whether guided and protected by certain people or not. It may be a good idea to burn a few cd's/dvd's/documents of information that resonates with you and you find particularly important. Maybe make a few copies and store them in safe places and/or send them to friends loved ones at different places around the world to likewise look after.
Just an idea...

Peace

bananaman
mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 01:49 AM   #4
thedarke
Avalon Senior Member

It would be a shame to let history repeat itself with so much knowledge and information finally coming back to the forefronts after it has been hidden and destroyed through the ages, to have another burning of the "Library of Alexanders", but in this case the shut down of the internet under government control. We are still trying to piece together bits and pieces of information lost over time or destroyed. The egyptians and ancient cultures created tombs and hieroglpyhs that kept knowledge and information for ages that we are still trying to piece decypher.

The question is, what should be preserved and saved. So much, and possibly so little time. Let me know what you feel should be preserved. I'd like to hear others feedback.
thedarke is offline   Reply With Quote