Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Contactees

Notices

Contactees Share your experiences - NO Spam please

Old 12-20-2009, 03:27 AM   #1
Mephane
Avalon Senior Member

Default Does this sound familiar?

I have been wondering for some time, whether anyone else ever heard a specific... word that's been in my head ever since a rather specific dream I had in my childhood.

In order to try to not influence any responses, I won't say what the dream was about, and what I think it might mean or describe. I'd just like to hear if it resonates with anyone, and if yes, what they think about it. Later then I can tell what I have experience and think about it.

I don't know how it should actually be written, as I only have the sound of it in my mind. Well, here is how I'd spell it, with each letter's pronounciating explained:

Quote:
Dijkartjem
The i sounds like something in between ee like in "glee" and a like in "day".
The first j sounds like the y in "year".
The a sounds like in "car".
The e sound the a in "ham".
The second j is rather complicated. It sounds like a mixture between the y in "yes" and a specific sound that doesn't exist in the English language and native-English-speaking people typically find hard to pronounce, like that high-pitch variant of the German ch sound, like "München" (the ch has three variants in the German language: spoken as a "k", as the high-pitch ch-sound and the low-pitch ch-sound, the latter variant is also known in Hebrew.).

Maybe it is actually two or three seperate words, I do not know, but I only recall them together. I'd appreciate any constructive input, as this word has been following me in my thoughts for years now...
Mephane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 04:37 PM   #2
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

Default Re: Does this sound familiar?

Hmm... have to think on it.

Meanwhile, here is the word/name, really that I have heard since childhood

Maryana

a bit like Marianna in sound, but the 2nd vowel sound is "quicker" than that. More like
Mar-yana

All I know is it's someone's name, and it seems to refer to a female. Other than that... no clue

Fred

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 04:41 PM   #3
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

you might try to,
when mediating,
put a pen / or pencil into your hand,
that you do NOT normally write with,
and, ask, your guardians to write it,
for you

you might be surprised,
what auto-matically,
writes for you !!!
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 05:06 PM   #4
Leunamros
Project Avalon Member

not familiar

Last edited by Leunamros; 12-25-2009 at 05:10 PM.
Leunamros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 07:37 PM   #5
lightblue
Avalon Senior Member

Hu Mephane

what languages do you speak?
what language were you born into?

dij sounds to me like accusative (as in latin) at he moment...and if you want to assume tthat the word is a ,composite..the ending sounds as !st person singular..bot in latin, sanskrit and in most european languages..whoever spoke it to you, spoke it so you can understand...i think..

other than that ..it sounds as someone is saying decartes (french philospher - enlightenment period - rationality)..to be able to really crack it one needs to know the context - like in anything else..the context is the most important..even the same word won't mean the same in different contexts..

best wishes
lightblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 09:41 AM   #6
Mephane
Avalon Senior Member

My native language is German. Obviously, I am speaking English, too.

I've learn Latin and a bit French at school, but I didn't see it as possibly Latin so far. And at the time when I "received" the word, I did not speak any foreign language at all, so... I don't know.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:51 AM   #7
Valkyr
Avalon Senior Member

I do know that the letter "j" being pronounced as a "y" is very Norse. It is the same with the letter "I". Such as the words Jormungandr (sounds like yourmungandar), Mjollnir (sounds like myollnir), Einherjar ( sounds like Einheryar), and Jotunheim (sounds like yotinheim). By the looks of it and how it sounds, it seems very Norse to me..... And it looks like I may be correct...... Look up Dijk artjem. The first is part of a name and the second part is a word. They are Germanic/Norse.
Valkyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:58 PM   #8
Mephane
Avalon Senior Member

Be advised that the spelling is of my own. I only received the word per the sound of it. Hence I do not know how it is supposed to be written, and I just tried to write down how it is pronounced.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:29 PM   #9
GenerationIke
Avalon Senior Member

This might sound a bit weird, but pick up a copy of Christopher Paolini's book Eragon and the sequels. This is very much like the language he put in his book.
GenerationIke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:37 AM   #10
jacody
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenerationIke View Post
This might sound a bit weird, but pick up a copy of Christopher Paolini's book Eragon and the sequels. This is very much like the language he put in his book.
I know what you mean.
jacody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:55 PM   #11
Kamikaze
Avalon Senior Member

I don't know what the word would mean or anything to the context but I will mention that I can and will speak in "random" tongue at times in my dreams.

I have no idea to the meaning or words that I utter or do understand them myself but they seemingly often are understood by the person or entity & animal/creature I might have decided to use these things toward.
Often lead for them to stop and then retreat shortly after.
There are cases when person I've talked to answers back in similar tongue which prompts me to say more. The words just flow out of me when I'm in the dreams and seem natural but when I try it in wake life they are kinda forced more and more as time has gone by and I've encountered more languages and so on.

In my younger years I would just let the words rumble and flow out in my wake state at times when I felt like speaking my mind but still not speak it. Though I require that I'm sure I'm alone and no one would see or hear me doing it. It's just weird and I don't feel like explaining it to anyone. I still do it just out of "feeling" like it at times but it's not as often as when I was younger.

I would suggest for you to try and figure out the meaning through your dreams as it was there were you heard it. It's possible someone there might explain it to you. How proficient are you in dream control and lucidity if at all and such? That's a good way to try and find a meaning to it if you now can summon someone or your higher self if you may to answer your questions.
Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:34 PM   #12
Mephane
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
I don't know what the word would mean or anything to the context but I will mention that I can and will speak in "random" tongue at times in my dreams.
Interesting... I actually can do this even when fully awake, and I am wondering whether this is supposed to be the same language, but I have absolutely no clue where it comes from or what it means.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:12 AM   #13
MichalPtacnik
Avalon Senior Member

Well, the last portion, -jem/-khem, is how Egyptians called their land, though I don't know if there can be possibly any connection.
MichalPtacnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 05:31 AM   #14
Lola
Project Avalon Member

It LOOKS central asian

But SOUNDS eastern european

You should speak with a linguist. i bet they'd have clearer answers for you.
Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:00 AM   #15
TraineeHuman
Avalon Senior Member

It sounds like Sanskrit to me. Are you sure it's not two or three words? Are you sure there aren't any vowels or consonants missing? The reason I ask is that I'm fluent in Lithuanian, which is the closest language to Sanskrit. I can often translate from Sanskrit into Lithuanian, because the words don't change much from one of these languages to the other.

It depends how many words this "word" of yours is split up into. If it's split in two, with the break at the a and with the a repeated as the beginning of the second word, it does make sense in Lithuanian, and means: "Thank you, or thanks to, to those who are near, or nearest (and dearest)."
TraineeHuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 02:31 AM   #16
Lola
Project Avalon Member

I played around on google: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...&aqi=&aql=&oq=

I didn't click the link but maybe someone knows what language that is?

Loose lips sink ships? What kind of ships? Space ships?

My Blog
Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:57 AM   #17
Mephane
Avalon Senior Member

I thank you all for your answers. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who is a linguist and wouldn't be able to afford paying for one, either. So I appreciate your help.

I will now tell you the story behind it. I didn't want to taint any answers in a specific direction, that's why I didn't tell much about it so far, but now I think it is safe to tell the story.

When I was a child - I don't know how old, maybe around 10 - I once had a very strong, strange dream. I still think it was a dream, maybe a distant memory, but I don't think what I experienced happened that night. I can only remember fragments of it, but generally speaking, it was this situation: A very close friend and me both were somewhat "stuck" here on Earth. In the dream, it wasn't being talked about, it was more like an obvious truth to us that we are, well stuck here. But then "they" came, afterwards I'd say these were aliens.

I don't remember what they looked like, maybe I didn't get to actually see them, only their ship from the outside. Anyway - it was decided that they could get only one of us off the planet, one of us had to stay - and in the end that was me. I do not know whether I volunteered to stay or whether it wasn't my choice, maybe it was just natural in the same way we both knew we were stuck. So they left the planet, with that friend of mine.

Despite their departure being at night, I still have a vivid image before my eyes of their ship, but in bright daylight. Generally speaking, typical "saucer shape", but I remember seeing a number of details especially around the edge. In this part of the dream, I suppose I saw them coming for a quick fly-by to see if I am ok, as it would have to be a bit later. And despite most of the dream being very unclear and vague, as dreams typically are (for me), at that time I thought I knew from where I saw the ship in daylight - a large hill not very far away from my home. So I want there, stood on top of it, looked into the sky, a boy of maybe 10 years, and then there was it.

"Dijkartjem"

I have been wondering about it for many years, and could never forget it, nor that dream. Which is interesting, as in all my life, there is only very few dreams I did not totally forget the same day.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:41 PM   #18
mystiq
Avalon Senior Member

De'ka'rzj'e'm
or D'Kar'je'm
two possible cosmic interpretations, the D' one is just added for one of my andromedan contacts is named L'Arna, male.

It could be a name. Their are combinations such as zh' jhz, they're hard to make written words out of.

Era is one of the starseeds music projects and their pre-latin is acutally a more ancient language that depicts cosmic words, as much of our language, or all is cosmic in origin. Sanskrit/phoneician, lakota sioux, and numerous others.

My two friends, one a ple'o'sha'n walk in , writes in the cosmic language and has awoken this skill in a few others, its one of the wakeup tools. And then my friend who is andromedan in source/soul, who has shared some of nighttime experiences, and who has shared the contact with L'Arna, aslo writes and translates this language. Sometime I can write the words, rarely does the translation come.

We have to develop and push our insight. That is meditation. Look within our soul and seek to see, inner sight, psi, the Force. Meditate in nature and practice telepathy, put an apple slice out and connect to the insects gathering, or trees, or the sun, quite a presence in our sun, and sungazing is one way to increase the pineal, and to be coded, with colors corelating to the chakras, and suprisingly different ones at different times of the day. Also, mother earth.

Push the insight.
mystiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:27 PM   #19
Jay
Avalon Senior Member

Swedish

Last edited by Jay; 03-16-2010 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Trying to delete this post??
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:28 PM   #20
Jay
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
I played around on google: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...&aqi=&aql=&oq=

I didn't click the link but maybe someone knows what language that is?
Swedish
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:39 AM   #21
Kermode Bear
Avalon Senior Member

Dijkartjem

It's a dutch name.

Artje Maria Dijk.

Dijk, lastname, then the firstname Artje.M,

Artje is in the Netherlands a naming from the prov: Friesland.

Greetings,
Kermode Bear is offline   Reply With Quote