Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 04-02-2009, 05:28 PM   #1
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Default New signs emerge that recession may be near bottom.

WASHINGTON – New signs that the recession could be nearing a bottom emerged Thursday, as factory orders were far better than expected and the Dow industrials surged over 8,000 for the first time in two months.

The monthly unemployment report due out Friday likely will be dismal, and new jobless claims were worse than expected, but economists said the jobs market usually doesn't pick up until after an economic recovery has started.

The Labor Department said Thursday that initial claims for unemployment insurance rose to a seasonally adjusted 669,000 from the previous week's revised figure of 657,000. That total was above analysts' expectations and the highest in more than 26 years, though the work force has grown by about half since then.

On a more positive note, the Commerce Department said orders for manufactured goods rose 1.8 percent in February, much higher than analysts expected and reversing six straight monthly declines.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090402/..._ec_fi/economy

Or is it just more confusing signs, LOL..........

Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:34 PM   #2
Argante
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: New signs emerge that recession may be near bottom.

Just hang in there for awhile longer. Things are beginning to turn around. I can not explain this feeling of hope that I have... but I feel like we (the world) has just dodged a bullet, and we made it through or past the point where we were supposed to fail.

If we could all come together in love and compassion, and start to work on getting this dump (world) picked up and healthy again... I think we are on the threshold of a Glorious Age!!

I really feel this strongly. It is time to stand up against Tyranny, Oppression, Prejudice and Incompetence. We still have a fight on our hands... but if we just start to stand up and fight back against the darkness... we have them on the ropes... and those who wallow in bad karma are all failing. They are running out of the money they need to promote their gloom and doom. They might actually have to work for a living instead of living off of other peoples "fear" donations. I say good riddance to them and their ilk. And WELCOME to a bright new future.

Let's keep up our meditations and prayers. I feel the NEXUS meditations are working far better than we had even hoped for. I feel that Avalon is making a very real difference in the harmony of the Earth.

Let's just hang in there awhile longer, and keep our hopes and spirits up. Something very good is coming or happening to our world right now. Can you feel it too?

Brightest of Blessings to all....
Argante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:44 PM   #3
piers2210
Avalon Senior Member

No doubt about it, Argante. Even Dan Burisch agrees! Lets hope we've heard the last from all those doom and gloom websites.....
piers2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:44 PM   #4
Argante
Avalon Senior Member

Dan Burisch is cool... I can not understand most of what they post over there... lol But if the message is positive (and his message was very positive)... then I am all for it.

David Wilcock is very positive about our future also.

And Camelot/Avalon is a wonderful showcase of both Dan and Daves' message and talent.

Last edited by Argante; 04-02-2009 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Double Post
Argante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:44 PM   #5
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argante View Post
Dan Burisch is cool... I can not understand most of what they post over there... lol But if the message is positive (and his message was very positive)... then I am all for it.

David Wilcock is very positive about our future also.

And Camelot/Avalon is a wonderful showcase of both Dan and Daves' message and talent.
Indeed it is.

Though the doom-and-gloom stuff will always be there for those who are attracted to it like a magnet.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:03 PM   #6
Egg
Banned

Europe got its hands on Iceland, the USA broke the backs of the tax haven nations including the swiss, the UK 'stasi elite' broke the backs of the Channel islands and the isle of Man...

So yes, their manufactured scare tactic got them what they want, and now with the super wealthy Russians having their fortunes decimated by the billions their task is complete.

They broke our backs to gain their desires, and now herr Brown announces the emergence of the New World Order.

If it wasn't so tragic, it would be funny. Planned? to the absolute letter.
Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:27 PM   #7
Egg
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by piers2210 View Post
No doubt about it, Argante. Even Dan Burisch agrees! Lets hope we've heard the last from all those doom and gloom websites.....
LOL. The doom is just beggining as Russia fights the new American wealth (printing presses at full productions) by trying to go back to gold standard.

Wonder where this is headed?
Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:19 PM   #8
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

How can something that is receeding,be (nearing) a bottom? Man these guys are clever.

Kryptonite

Last edited by 777 The Great Work; 04-02-2009 at 11:51 PM.
777 The Great Work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:23 PM   #9
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argante View Post
Just hang in there for awhile longer. Things are beginning to turn around. I can not explain this feeling of hope that I have... but I feel like we (the world) has just dodged a bullet, and we made it through or past the point where we were supposed to fail.

If we could all come together in love and compassion, and start to work on getting this dump (world) picked up and healthy again... I think we are on the threshold of a Glorious Age!!

I really feel this strongly. It is time to stand up against Tyranny, Oppression, Prejudice and Incompetence. We still have a fight on our hands... but if we just start to stand up and fight back against the darkness... we have them on the ropes... and those who wallow in bad karma are all failing. They are running out of the money they need to promote their gloom and doom. They might actually have to work for a living instead of living off of other peoples "fear" donations. I say good riddance to them and their ilk. And WELCOME to a bright new future.

Let's keep up our meditations and prayers. I feel the NEXUS meditations are working far better than we had even hoped for. I feel that Avalon is making a very real difference in the harmony of the Earth.

Let's just hang in there awhile longer, and keep our hopes and spirits up. Something very good is coming or happening to our world right now. Can you feel it too?

Brightest of Blessings to all....
Hope your right Argante, your positive words have lifted me.
We could sure do with some good news after all this.
During the g20 summit New World Order was mentioned yet again!
We must all keep positive i know that but sometimes it's hard!
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:48 PM   #10
alyscat
Avalon Senior Member

Talk to me again about this in November.
alys
alyscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:14 AM   #11
piers2210
Avalon Senior Member

Stay positive!!

I opened my first tin of organic beans i had stored...everything is going to be fine!! And the jazz gig i just got back from was great!!

The world is a great place again.
piers2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:18 AM   #12
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Balance is the key.

Read the doom and gloom AND the positive stuff and realize that the truth will always lie somewhere in the middle.

This is why I have decided to stop criticizing the doom and gloom stuff.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:04 AM   #13
alyscat
Avalon Senior Member

Yes, HJ, and doom and gloom is a matter of perspective, I guess. If you're not frightened of it (whatever "it" is), then is it doom and gloom for you? Sometimes it's interpreted as opportunity coming.
alys
alyscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:01 AM   #14
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Is it just me that thinks we haven't seen the worst of it yet?????
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:21 AM   #15
Dominic
Avalon Senior Member

Is it over yet? I want to go back to sleep.
Dominic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:58 AM   #16
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

I also have a feeling that everything will be ok. That many people have been working on it, that our meditation and our high vibrations have helped.
I also have a feeling that they do not know what to do now.
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:35 PM   #17
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

its far from over , I wish it was but its not they have only just begun and have a few simple pc`s of the puzzle left to assemble. then it will be game over.
Northern Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:12 PM   #18
AussieG
Avalon Senior Member

In line with David Ike, it is over if you choose it to be and simply observe or it has just begun if you want to save the the existing structures.
AussieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:25 PM   #19
Zeddo
Avalon Senior Member

It can't be over because it hasn't started. There is a lot going on. A lot of good, a lot of bad. As mentioned by a few, (Aussie G) it depends on where you position yourself and where YOU are at in the whole thing.

For me, what can I say, I do not look at what is happening in the physical realm as hat is merely the show being broadcast to delude, scare and intimidate. All I can say is saty positive, keep thinking the new paradigm into existance and so it will be.

We will see who has the last laugh even if it takes another 20 years. (I know I know, 2012 is only just around the corner....)

As for me and mine, we are at peace within ourselves, we are safe and that's how we will remain. I trust my intuition, not reports, and not even Dan, as much as I enjoy his material.

Z
Zeddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:21 PM   #20
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

What did I do Zeddo?
Old 04-03-2009, 03:21 PM   #21
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
Is it just me that thinks we haven't seen the worst of it yet?????
Just kidding, I agree with Swanny and several others!
Old 04-03-2009, 03:54 PM   #22
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi Dantheman62,

Not wanting too much to sound like a doom and gloom merchant, but do you remember that song by Lindsey de Paul back in the 70s?

"One drop of rain on your window pane,
Doesn't mean to say there's a thunderstorm comin'
Rain may pour for an hour or more
But it doesn't matter
You know it doesn't matter"

In other words, if there are blips, it's because they're blips. There, at the moment, is no middle term news that is confirming the world economy is improving, just news about governments spending more money (G20).

That doesn't mean to say that the short term opportunities shouldn't be taken advantage of. The DOW over the last couple of days, for the hedge funds has been very lucrative, however, we cannot forget that over the last twelve months the picture has been very different.

But cutting your losses helps I suppose.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
WASHINGTON – New signs that the recession could be nearing a bottom emerged Thursday, as factory orders were far better than expected and the Dow industrials surged over 8,000 for the first time in two months.

The monthly unemployment report due out Friday likely will be dismal, and new jobless claims were worse than expected, but economists said the jobs market usually doesn't pick up until after an economic recovery has started.

The Labor Department said Thursday that initial claims for unemployment insurance rose to a seasonally adjusted 669,000 from the previous week's revised figure of 657,000. That total was above analysts' expectations and the highest in more than 26 years, though the work force has grown by about half since then.

On a more positive note, the Commerce Department said orders for manufactured goods rose 1.8 percent in February, much higher than analysts expected and reversing six straight monthly declines.
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:08 PM   #23
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Nope, I don't think I know that song,and I did grow up in the 70's, but then again if it's not rock n roll I probably wouldn't know it, LOL, I know the one that goes, "Rain drops keep falling on my head"
I really don't agree with the article, I just posted it to see what people think.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:34 PM   #24
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Or on the other hand...........

Jobless rate bolts to 8.5 percent, 663K jobs lost
Jobless rate jumps to 8.5 percent, highest since late 1983; payrolls drop 663,000

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The nation's unemployment rate jumped to 8.5 percent in March, the highest since late 1983, as a wide swath of employers eliminated 663,000 jobs. It's fresh evidence of the toll the recession has inflicted on America's workers, and economists say there's no relief in sight.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Jobles...-14843694.html

ISM: Service sector shrinks for 6th straight month
ISM: Service sector shrank for 6th straight month in March; pace of contraction accelerates

NEW YORK (AP) -- A private trade group's measure of the strength of the services sector shrank for the sixth straight month in March, and at a faster pace than expected, as job losses mount.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ISM-Se...-14843859.html

hmmmm
Old 04-03-2009, 06:06 PM   #25
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Here you go, some more news that really should go in that AIG thread but I didn't feel like looking for it........................

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Mortgage finance giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac plan to pay more than $210 million in bonuses through next year to give workers the incentive to stay in their jobs at the government-controlled companies.

The retention awards for more than 7,600 employees were disclosed in a letter from the companies' regulator released Friday by Sen. Charles Grassley of Iowa, the senior Republican on the Senate Finance Committee. The companies paid out nearly $51 million last year, are scheduled to make $146 million in payments this year and $13 million in 2010.

"It's hard to see any common sense in management decisions that award hundreds of millions in bonuses when their organizations lost more than $100 billion in a year," Grassley said in a statement. "It's an insult that the bonuses were made with an infusion of cash from taxpayers."

Fannie and Freddie declined to comment on Friday. Fannie had disclosed that it plans to pay four top executives at least $1 million each in retention payments that run through February. Freddie has yet to report on which executives are in line for the awards.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Fannie...-14845551.html