Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 02-28-2009, 02:30 AM   #1
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Default ‘Monty Halls Great Escape’ to Beachcomber Cottage.

BBC 2, ‘Monty Halls Great Escape’ to Beachcomber Cottage – starts Sunday the 1st March.

Monty Halls, celebrity marine biologist and diver, turns his back on city life to become a 21st century beachcomber on the West Coast of Scotland. Fortunate to have filmed worldwide he believes the Scottish West Coast is more beautiful than anywhere else on the planet. Finally he’s got the chance to fulfill his dream, to live it and explore it!

In spring 2008, Monty and his dog Reuben move into a run-down cattle shed, Beachcomber Cottage over-looking an isolated coastline, their home for the summer and the start of their self sufficiency. It couldn’t begin any better as the west coast enjoys fabulous spring weather. Unbroken sunshine, blue skies and calm seas beckon him to explore the area looking for orca whales, basking sharks, dolphins, seals and of course otters which inhabit the crystal clear sea. But he can’t avoid the fact that exploring the islands, bays and inlets in search of some of the UK’s most spectacular wildlife, won’t keep him fed, so starts his endeavors to rear his own animals and grow some vegetables. Needing advice he heads to Orbost Farm, to meet Rachael and Keith, who become his animal rearing mentors.

So will the reality match up to the fantasy?

This fascinating series starts on Sunday the 1st of March at 9pm on BBC2 and for any lover of the great outdoors, wildlife and the islands it really is a must! Unforgettable locations, never-ending horizons, and an escape from reality.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 05:54 AM   #2
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: ‘Monty Halls Great Escape’ to Beachcomber Cottage.

Is this the same Monty Hall that used to host game shows?

Regardless, this is interesting.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:38 PM   #3
alyscat
Avalon Senior Member

I don't think so HJ. This one is a marine biologist and diver, the US Monty Hall is, like, 87 now and has been in TV in one way or another all his working life.

My first thought was Monty Python, took me a moment to get my head out of that place.

alys
alyscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:04 PM   #4
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Hey alyscat, I wasn't sure if Monty Hall was still alive, wow, I haven't heard that name for years! LOL! Yeah he's definitely not the one that's mentioned here.
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:18 PM   #5
golden lady
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks Antal,
Hopefully this will be one bit of telly well worth viewing.
Love and peace.
Golden
PS There is also a BBC program coming up called ' Grow your own drugs' sorry not sure when.
golden lady is offline   Reply With Quote