Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2010, 02:32 AM   #1
HORIZONS
Avalon Senior Member

Default The Most Important Thing

I was thinking... Contemplating really...
The Most Important Thing

We are at the zenith of an age in which information and disinformation walk hand-in-hand. If you surf the web much you will find just about anything you can think of and more. It is absolutely staggering at the amount of info that is available to the world populace as a whole– and everyone stating that they are presenting the TRUTH.

Babylon means confusion and this is just what the “search for truth” has become—a total and complete state of confusion. It seams that the more you read and study on an issue the more confused you can become on that issue, because of all the different opinions on that issue. Everyone has the right to their opinion, their concept, of truth and they/we are not shy in sharing those opinions/concepts. The truth is relative to the eye of the beholder. What I see and understand may not be what you see and understand, but that does not make me right and you wrong, nor does it make you right and me wrong; It just means we don’t agree—we don’t see eye-to-eye. We do not have to go to war over this, but in fact we can learn to understand one another’s viewpoints.

Our experiences have a profound impact upon what we believe to be the truth. If we do not have any experience in an area we are searching out we usually determine the truth to be what we personally understand, based upon our culture, education and conditioning. Most people when exposed to a thought they have never heard before will quickly dismiss it as nonsense, based solely on the fact that they have never heard this before. In reality this is what is non-sense: to not consider another opinion as a possibility. I have to wonder sometimes if any of us knows anything at all. We are all so sure of what we know; yet “we know nothing as yet we ought to know.” We can know the truth that sets us free, and tomorrow we can have a paradigm shift and realize that we know nothing. No matter what anyone else has to say, it all boils down to faith. You have faith in what you believe, no matter what you believe. Some people say they have no faith; well then their faith is in no-faith. If you cannot objectively prove without a shadow of a doubt in a particular point of view that you have then it is based on faith in the information you have on that subject. So our experiences in culture, education, religion and science determine what we believe—what we have faith in. We all have beliefs based on our physical and spiritual experiences, or lack of them. This is what we believe; this is what we have faith in.

I can understand many things from many different points of view. I may not agree with them, but I can understand where they are coming from. I have very little faith in someone else’s point of view, unless I have an experience of my own that I can identify with on that same subject. I cannot have faith in an “Unknown God” that someone else is telling me about, nor in any one of the myriads of philosophies, spiritual disciplines, religions, scientific discourses or any other subject for that matter, unless I have some sort of experience in that area. True faith is then born from that humble beginning. For the most part, I enjoy hearing what other people have to say, as long as they are not trying to cram it down my throat.

This being said, as I look back over my life and all the hours of study and searching I have done over the years; as I read through the unbelievable amount of information on the Internet, as I listen to all of the discourses of those that are sharing their truth, I feel—based on my experiences—that the most important thing in all of my life is to have a relationship the Creator of all life. An intimate relationship with the Most High is the greatest of all achievements this life has to offer. Now, I am not talking about believing in a male Zeus-like bearded god that sits on an Elizabethan throne in a far off kingdom of heaven somewhere. I am talking about each and every person going within him or herself—within the realm of consciousness—and finding that still small voice of God speaking to them in the garden that they are. We are the Garden of God, and we must return within ourselves, to the spiritual center, and fellowship with our Creator or we will remain lost in the external world of Babylon. When you have this kind of experience you have nothing to believe in, for you know what you know—you know as you are known—and you are now abiding in a true faith. I have faith the sun will rise in the morning. I do not have to try and believe in this, I know it is the truth—based on my experience of the sun rising every morning. This same simple faith can be true for us all in the knowledge of the One True God that resides within us all. But we must seek within and come out of the external Babylonian empire of the material world.

As Joel Goldsmith stated a half a century ago: “In the end the only relationship will be man’s relationship with his Creator”. This then is the most important thing.
HORIZONS is offline   Reply With Quote