Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 10-04-2009, 08:22 AM   #1
Ammit
Avalon Senior Member

Default Swine flu

Hi all

I know there has been quite a lot of discussion about this but most of it goes over my head. We have quite a few reported cases now down here in Dorset, I have heard of many in Cornwall too.

I believe I had swine flue about a month and a half ago. High temp, runny nose, D+V, both ears blocked up, sore tonsils, stomach pains like you wouldnt believe and a total lack of concentration.

I did go to the doctors but was only told that I may need my ears syringed!!!

Twice a day I had 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper and tumeric in a beaker of warm water. By the next morning I felt good, sickness was gone as where the stomach pains. My ears cleared after 3 days and my tonsils decreased in soreness on what seemed an hourly basis.

I now have sore tonsils again, I did immediately start the cayenne and tumeric again and it all seems to be relieveing.

Does anyone else have any kitchen herb remedies they may have used for there ailments?

Ammit
Ammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 08:34 AM   #2
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Default Re: Swine flu

I believe it was Dr. Deagle who said 100,000 units of Vit D all at once for 3 days will knock it right out. That is a lot of D. And it's not a kitchen herbal, but the main thing I have stored in my brain other than colloidal silver.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 08:41 AM   #3
Ammit
Avalon Senior Member

100,000 units, whats a unit compared to a ug? A regular UK supliment here is 12.5ug dayly in tablet form.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:49 AM   #4
TheObserver
Avalon Senior Member

Hope this answers your conversion question:

International Units of Vitamin D

The vitamin-D content of a food is sometimes cited in micrograms of cholecalciferol, a form of the vitamin produced by the action of sunlight on skin. At other times, it is reported in International Units. There is an exact relationship between the two: one IU is equal to 0.025 micrograms of cholecalciferol. Hence:

· To convert IUs of vitamin D into micrograms: multiply the number of IUs by 0.025. The result is the number of micrograms in the food.

· To convert micrograms to IUs: multiply the number of micrograms by 40. The result is the number of IUs in the food.
TheObserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:24 AM   #5
Ammit
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks Observer, Jesus, that works out at 200 tablets per day for 3 days then...
Old 10-04-2009, 11:36 AM   #6
TheObserver
Avalon Senior Member

You're totally Man that's alot of pills, don't O'D' and get well soon!
TheObserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:40 PM   #7
lightbeing
Avalon Senior Member

Hello Ammit,

Here is a link to a thread regarding vitamin D3.
http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...hlight=vitamin

Please note it is vitamin D3 one needs to take not vitamin D.
For dosages please visit that thread!

Blessings
lightbeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen View Post
I believe it was Dr. Deagle who said 100,000 units of Vit D all at once for 3 days will knock it right out. That is a lot of D. And it's not a kitchen herbal, but the main thing I have stored in my brain other than colloidal silver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammit View Post
Thanks Observer, Jesus, that works out at 200 tablets per day for 3 days then...

Last edited by lightbeing; 10-04-2009 at 12:43 PM. Reason: adding quote
lightbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:29 PM   #8
scanner
Avalon Senior Member

We got it late August , we contacted NHS waste of time . So we Dr 'ed ourselves, we just took Lemsip did the job with no intervention from the quacks . We take multi vits anyway which has vit D in their so may be our immune system was well up there .

Last edited by scanner; 10-04-2009 at 02:16 PM.
scanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 04:56 AM   #9
Starlah
Avalon Senior Member

Post Re: Swine flu

Ammit if I was to use Vitamin D it would be better to keep it to 5,000Units......somehow I don't put a lot of faith in Dr. Deagle....maybe its that Clay&Iron show.
A herb that will probably help is Astralagus (great for frequent colds)! Garlic helps too......if you can find them both in a supplement all the better.

__________________________________________________ _
History is a lie commonly agreed upon............Voltaire
Starlah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 05:38 AM   #10
KathyT
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammit View Post
I believe I had swine flue about a month and a half ago. High temp, runny nose, D+V, both ears blocked up, sore tonsils, stomach pains like you wouldnt believe and a total lack of concentration.
Unless you were specifically tested, you don't know if you had the Swine Flu. It could be other Flu's or colds or other infections. Never assume.
KathyT is offline   Reply With Quote