Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > What Does It Mean ?

Notices

What Does It Mean ? What does this all mean for the Ground Crew ?

Old 05-21-2009, 06:41 AM   #1
no caste

Default Sensitive hard drive MASSIVE DATA missing- National Archives

Also, Bill Clinton was just named as U.N. Envoy to Haiti a of couple days ago.
http://washingtonindependent.com/434...envoy-to-haiti

What the $^%&*^ is happening??!! It looks like a lot of tracks are being covered up, or is it just me? -

There's a lot weird lately. This hard drive gone. Obama being Cheney-esque. A new deal with Israel. Witness mysteriously dead re "Al Qaeda" in Iraq. Senate delayed Guantanamo closure (not sure where to put the prisoners, even though prisons were offered, e.g. Montana). The circle of CIA interrogation - soldiers, agents, operatives, leaders, soldiers, agents, and the blame goes around - until everyone's dizzy with national security, troop morale, the protecting the integrity of any good work that's done. Public release of interrogation photos denied now.

Condoleeza Rice is on a public policy speaking tour now too (like George Bush), ... it's like nothing happened.

Sensitive data missing from National Archives
Associated Press Writer Larry Margasak – Tue May 19, 7:36 pm ET
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090519/...ecurity_breach

WASHINGTON – The National Archives lost a computer hard drive containing massive amounts of sensitive data from the Clinton administration, including Social Security numbers, addresses, and Secret Service and White House operating procedures, congressional officials said Tuesday.

One of former Vice President Al Gore's three daughters is among those whose Social Security numbers were on the drive, but it was not clear which of them was victimized. Other information includes logs of events, social gatherings and political records.

The FBI is conducting a criminal investigation of the matter, according to Rep. Edolphus Towns, D-N.Y., chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee. Towns and the committee's senior Republican, Rep. Darrell Issa of California, said they would continue to seek more information about the breach.

The lawmakers said they learned of the loss from the inspector general of the National Archives and Records Administration. The drive is missing from the Archives facility in College Park, Md., a Washington suburb. The drive was lost between October 2008 and March 2009 and contained 1 terabyte of data — enough material to fill millions of books.

A Republican committee aide who was at a briefing held by the inspector general said the Archives had been converting the Clinton administration information to a digital records system when the hard drive went missing.

The aide, who was not authorized to be quoted by name, said the hard drive was left on a shelf and unused for an uncertain period of time. When the employee tried to resume work, the hard drive was missing.

Committee staff members were told there is a copy of the massive amount of information, but Archives officials have only just begun to learn what was on the drive.

Towns said he would have the FBI and inspector general brief committee members so they can "begin to understand the magnitude of the security breach and all of the steps being taken to recover the lost information.

"The committee will do everything possible to prevent compromising the integrity of the FBI's criminal investigation while we fulfill our constitutional duty to investigate the compromised security protocols," he said.

Issa called for the Archives acting director, Adrienne Thomas, to appear before a committee panel Thursday to "explain how such an outrageous breach of security happened."

"This egregious breach raises significant questions regarding the effectiveness of the security protocols that are in place at the National Archives and Records Administration," he said.

Issa said the hard drive was moved from a "secure" storage area to a workspace while it was in use. The inspector general explained that at least 100 badge-holders had access to the area where the hard drive was left unsecured.

Besides those with official access to sensitive material, the inspector general said janitors, visitors, interns and others passed through the area, according to Issa. Further, the workspace is in an area that Archives workers pass through on their way to the bathroom and the door often is left open for ventilation.

"The IG is investigating the situation as a crime with the assistance of the Department of Justice and the Secret Service but they have not yet determined if the loss was the result of theft or accidental loss," Issa said.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:44 AM   #2
no caste

Default Re: Sensitive hard drive MASSIVE DATA missing- National Archives

Oh! I forgot the H1N1 diversion.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:19 AM   #3
no caste

And then there's Sandy Berger, Clinton's National Security Adviser... who stole documents from the National Archives - put 'em in his underwear and socks! - and seems to have eluded real prosecution. (I think he recently advised Hillary Clinton in her presidential run.)

JUDICIAL WATCH FILES BAR COMPLAINT AGAINST SANDY BERGER FOR STEALING DOCUMENTS

Watchdog Group Calls on D.C. Bar to Promptly Investigate and Discipline Clinton National Security Advisor
http://www.judicialwatch.org/printer_5322.shtml

This story is in this book too. Here's an excerpt:
'The Commission: The Uncensored History of the 9/11 Investigation'

by Philip Shenon

"It was May 30, 2002, eight months after the terrorist attacks, and Berger walked unnoticed into a separate entrance on Pennsylvania Avenue that was used by the archives staff, who had continued to work in the building during the renovations. Berger had special permission to visit the archives that day, although he was hardly pleased to be there. The archives employees who encountered Berger that morning would remember that he made little effort to hide his annoyance with the assignment he had been given there by his old friend and boss Bill Clinton."

Sandy Berger fined $50,000 for taking documents
Must perform 100 hours of community service

Thursday, September 8, 2005; Posted: 5:16 p.m. EDT (21:16 GMT)
http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/09/...ger.sentenced/

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Former National Security Adviser Sandy Berger was sentenced Thursday to community service and probation and fined $50,000 for illegally removing highly classified documents from the National Archives and intentionally destroying some of them...
Old 05-21-2009, 03:39 PM   #4
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

The government is clamping down on us. Perhaps the government should clamp down on the government. We the people are not the problem. I couldn't resist...
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 04:15 PM   #5
no caste

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoxymoron View Post
The government is clamping down on us. Perhaps the government should clamp down on the government. We the people are not the problem. I couldn't resist...
Sometimes I think it's various levels of government clamping down on each other. Then, party politics clamp down on each other too. Finally, who even knows how a 'shadow' government fits in these power struggles.

I'm beginning to wonder if 'the people' are even much of a thought in the claw for preservation and perpetuation. Also, the electorate seems to tolerate their parties' peccadillos and abuses of power, as long as it's 'our team,' you know? I find myself asking your questions now, orthodoxymoron! - where are simple, strong (over-riding) principles to share!!??

Anyway, for a giggle, from The Onion:
http://www.theonion.com/content/news...rnment_getting

Shadow Government Getting Too Large To Meet In Marriott Conference Room B May 5, 2009 | Issue 45•19
COLUMBUS, OH—With its membership swelling in recent months, the mysterious organization that secretly pulls the levers of American power was forced to suspend its weekly meeting Monday, having grown too big to fit inside Marriott Conference Room B. "To successfully carry out our clandestine operations and continue maintaining the ignorance of the masses, we will now require the full amenities of Conference Room A," said an unidentified man, who is believed to have covertly orchestrated the economic collapse of Iceland last year. "We must postpone the Cataclysmic Event until such time as a more comfortable meeting space is available." According to confidential records, the hidden regime's enrollment has more than doubled since it gained free access to the Marriott's swimming pool and gym facilities.

peace
Old 05-21-2009, 11:33 PM   #6
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

I don't think the real shadow government meets at the Marriott. They probably meet in an underground base on the dark side of the Moon...and arrive in antigravity craft. That way they don't have to put up with that snooping Jim Tucker...or Alex Jones with his darn bullhorn. Does the real shadow government consist of Reptilians, Greys, Aryans, Nazis, and Renegade Pleiadians? How would you like to attend one of those meetings? They'd probably have us for lunch...

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 05-21-2009 at 11:39 PM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 09:52 AM   #7
no caste

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoxymoron View Post
I don't think the real shadow government meets at the Marriott. They probably meet in an underground base on the dark side of the Moon...and arrive in antigravity craft. That way they don't have to put up with that snooping Jim Tucker...or Alex Jones with his darn bullhorn. Does the real shadow government consist of Reptilians, Greys, Aryans, Nazis, and Renegade Pleiadians? How would you like to attend one of those meetings? They'd probably have us for lunch...
Or they arrive in the tunnels via electromagnetic rail trains. I wonder how AI fits into all this.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:41 AM   #8
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by no caste View Post
Also, Bill Clinton was just named as U.N. Envoy to Haiti a of couple days ago.
http://washingtonindependent.com/434...envoy-to-haiti

What the $^%&*^ is happening??!! It looks like a lot of tracks are being covered up, or is it just me? -
Could it have something to do with this?

From this thread, scary stuff: LOST and Found: Senate Moves Toward Ratification of U.N.'s 'Law of the Sea Treaty' http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12055

UN's Ban, Bill Clinton urge Haiti to seek recovery
03.09.09, 05:37 PM EST

By Patrick Worsnip

PORT-AU-PRINCE (Reuters) - U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and former U.S. President Bill Clinton visited Haiti Monday and urged the Caribbean state to use international backing to haul itself out of grinding poverty.

Ban and Clinton are on a mission to promote an anti-poverty action plan (LOL, yeah right???) for the poorest nation in the Western Hemisphere.

Speaking to students at an educational center, the U.N. chief said Haiti had a "window of opportunity" because of the presence of a U.N. peacekeeping mission on its soil and because of the country's tariff-free access to the U.S. market.

"This window of opportunity is not unlimited. It is very limited. You must seize this opportunity," (hmmmm) said Ban, who was due to meet later with President Rene Preval.

"That is why President Clinton and I are here personally to first of all demonstrate our solidarity and send a very strong message to the international community that we need Haiti to be able to emerge as a very stable, democratic and prosperous country in the region," he added.

Article continues: http://www.forbes.com/feeds/reuters/...-UPDATE-1.html

Last edited by peaceandlove; 09-29-2009 at 07:02 AM.
peaceandlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:15 PM   #9
happyhollergal

Why is it that Sandy Berger can waltz out of the archives with stuffed stolen documents, then destroy them, and only get a fine and some community service? I imagine that he was paid handsomely, much more than his fine, for doing the dirty deeds. Who runs our justice department? Had that been an ordinary American, they'd have been all over the news and those in government would have screamed for life inprisonment. The problem is, the documents that were stolen were originals, and whatever was contained in them was obviously of extreme importance to obliterate. I hear people all the time stating that Obama is continuing the Bush policies, but to me, he is continuing every administration's policies all the way back to Bush, Sr., including and especially the Clinton agendas.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:09 AM   #10
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhollergal View Post
Why is it that Sandy Berger can waltz out of the archives with stuffed stolen documents, then destroy them, and only get a fine and some community service? I imagine that he was paid handsomely, much more than his fine, for doing the dirty deeds. Who runs our justice department? Had that been an ordinary American, they'd have been all over the news and those in government would have screamed for life inprisonment. The problem is, the documents that were stolen were originals, and whatever was contained in them was obviously of extreme importance to obliterate. I hear people all the time stating that Obama is continuing the Bush policies, but to me, he is continuing every administration's policies all the way back to Bush, Sr., including and especially the Clinton agendas.
happyhollergal - Here you are talking about Sandy Berger. There I was talking about Kissinger - Honour Member of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) and obscene London Games 2012 logo - and boom, the accounts are gone, including spiralmind. At the time, I copied this off Wikipedia. Now it's gone.

Henry Kissinger on Wikipedia - last week

A press release issued by the 45th Munich Conference on Security Policy on February 8, 2009 declared "[H]is voice continues to bear weight and authority throughout the globe."[2] Also at the conference National Security Adviser James L. Jones stated "I take my daily orders from Dr. Kissinger, filtered down through General Brent Scowcroft and Sandy Berger, who is also here."[3] Kissinger also currently serves as the chairman of Kissinger Associates, an international consulting firm.[4]

Henry Kissinger on Wikipedia - this week

The surname Kissinger was first taken by his great-great-grandfather, Meyer Löb, in 1817 after the city of Bad Kissingen.[3] In 1938, fleeing Nazi persecution, his family moved to New York. Kissinger was naturalized a U.S. citizen on June 19, 1943, while in military training at Camp Croft in Spartanburg, South Carolina, aged 20.

He spent his high school years in the Washington Heights section of upper Manhattan, but never lost his pronounced German accent, perhaps due to childhood shyness which made him hesitant to speak.[4]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Kissinger

I agree with you. What kind of guy walks out of the National Archives, with the nation's historical records, and gets community service. It's retarded.
no caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 06:30 AM   #11
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceandlove View Post
Could it have something to do with this?

From this thread, scary stuff: LOST and Found: Senate Moves Toward Ratification of U.N.'s 'Law of the Sea Treaty' http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12055

UN's Ban, Bill Clinton urge Haiti to seek recovery
03.09.09, 05:37 PM EST By Patrick Worsnip

PORT-AU-PRINCE (Reuters) - U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and former U.S. President Bill Clinton visited Haiti Monday and urged the Caribbean state to use international backing to haul itself out of grinding poverty.
peaceandlove - The whole Law of Sea, Admiralty and Common Law on land (here in Canada) thang is all pretty mysterious to me. I've sat down a few times to figure it out and no success yet.

I'll read your link on my next attempt. It does seem weird that a country (USA) would lose river rights, e.g. Mississippi. (?)
no caste is offline   Reply With Quote