Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 09-19-2008, 03:12 PM   #1
RubyTuesday
Avalon Senior Member

Default Protecting yourself

I thought it would be nice to have a thread discussing the different ways people protect themselves as they go about their spiritual pursuits. I've seen several people asking in different threads.

Here is something I have been doing lately and it seems to be working very well!

I first envision myself in a golden bubble. This bubble radiates bands of golden light- right to the walls in my room. Then I think about my house, all the wiring in the house. I envision that the wires aren't carrying electric current, but this golden light. I can see my own light connecting and running rampant all over the house. I can it spreading through each room as my mind wanders from room to room. I see my children sleeping and in their bubbles with the light radiating all around them as well. It almost looks like the room is protected with lasers. I give each child a protective kiss on his/her forehead as I move through the house. I do the same for my husband. When I'm done w/this exercise I can see my entire house "glowing".

I then reach out to all of my guides, nature spirits and loving beings who have the highest intentions which are in alignment with my own and ask that they help protect our home and everyone in it from any being or energy that does not have the highest intentions and aren't supportive of our souls' purposes.

So that's my favorite. There are others I use from time to time but I had to share that one because I just started envisioning the electrical wires as golden light conductors and it has really helped I think. I just thought of it randomly (or maybe my guides helped with that one) last week. It seems to give the entire house a wonderful, peaceful energy- especially at night.

RubyTuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 05:50 PM   #2
Myrddin
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Protecting yourself

Hi Ruby

Over the past 40 years I have tried many different things, back in the late 80's while researching symbols I found a photo of two symbols found on a home in New England from the 1600's, I copied them down and have carried them me every since, On e means "Who so bearth this sign about him let him fear no fo but fear God" the other "Who so bearth this sign about him, all spirits do him homage." It was from the early home of the Morman "Smith" family.

I have carried them along with one of my many Ankh's for about 20 years now and for me they have done better than the rest.

Myrddin
Myrddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:17 AM   #3
conjuredUp
Avalon Senior Member

There is a bubble about my family and I.
It bounces anything less than love back out into the universe.
Only before it goes out I manifest it TURNING into love.
Even if it is fear, or ugly or ad attack... I only send love out because that's all I ever want back.

LOVELOVELOVE,
C
conjuredUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 02:53 AM   #4
OceanWinds

why do you feel you have to protect yourself?
Old 09-24-2008, 03:21 AM   #5
quetzalcoatl11
Avalon Senior Member

I believe it can be very important to protect oneself at times on their journey because in every realm there are energies or entities that, rather than assist an entity, would seek to retard the development of a person's quest towards greater illumination. I get the sense that many people often unknowingly and naively 'announce' themselves to these other realms, often without possessing a general understanding or level of respect (such as those who 'trip' recreationally without proper observance or spiritual direction), what they believe to be a temporarily unique experience can attract undesirable elements. The most important aspect which you cannot forget is that what you are composed of, and what you are in essence, is nothing but pure light and love- you cannot be anything else. When you feel a sense of being imposed upon or threatened in an undesirable manner, simply revert back to that brilliant light which is your true essence and know that nothing in the world, in this universe can penetrate or dissolve it's luminousity or pureness. Archangel Michael is also tremendous energy to call upon as well. These may be saints, angels, or nonsense to many, but the power they wield as avatars of righteousness is undeniable, thoughts upon such figures release the collective and archetypal energy associated and can have amazing results.

Last edited by quetzalcoatl11; 09-24-2008 at 03:24 AM.
quetzalcoatl11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 04:21 AM   #6
OceanWinds

Quote:
Originally Posted by quetzalcoatl11 View Post
I believe it can be very important to protect oneself at times on their journey because in every realm there are energies or entities that, rather than assist an entity, would seek to retard the development of a person's quest towards greater illumination. I get the sense that many people often unknowingly and naively 'announce' themselves to these other realms, often without possessing a general understanding or level of respect (such as those who 'trip' recreationally without proper observance or spiritual direction), what they believe to be a temporarily unique experience can attract undesirable elements. The most important aspect which you cannot forget is that what you are composed of, and what you are in essence, is nothing but pure light and love- you cannot be anything else. When you feel a sense of being imposed upon or threatened in an undesirable manner, simply revert back to that brilliant light which is your true essence and know that nothing in the world, in this universe can penetrate or dissolve it's luminousity or pureness. Archangel Michael is also tremendous energy to call upon as well. These may be saints, angels, or nonsense to many, but the power they wield as avatars of righteousness is undeniable, thoughts upon such figures release the collective and archetypal energy associated and can have amazing results.
So naivety can lead a person to fall. "Beware the wolf in sheeps clothing", or "by their fruits we shall know them". And I agree asking for help from higher powers like arch angles can be very helpful.

To my experience/knowledge imagining a sphere of protection because a person sees themselves as vulnerable, is fear based. Anything done out of fear attracts more fear, and will just not work. But if a person imagines a sphere of protection... because they are aware of these manipulative entities with dark intentions... and they want to stick to the high road and not have any interference from them, this is different. And by doing so, source complies...

This is a very fascinating subject!
Old 09-24-2008, 06:12 AM   #7
RubyTuesday
Avalon Senior Member

Excellent points, OW. I think it's so important if you're visualizing protection that you do it from a place of love and expansion. I try to access my higher self, my source and love is the energy I use. Like you said, I don't fear but really am too busy with my pursuits and learning. I'd rather avoid any distractions if possible. I can't imagine successfully protecting yourself if you're doing so out of fear- it would be counterproductive. I'm glad you brought that up.

As to why I would want to protect myself it's directly because of my experience in the Dark Entities thread. I was too open, I know that and again thank you all for your tips. And I probably was not well grounded at times. And really, the process of protecting yourself- if you aren't doing it out of fear- is a nice spiritual experience in itself. I really enjoy it!
Old 09-25-2008, 12:46 AM   #8
OceanWinds

good to hear Ruby!

I will have to try it out... let you know how I feel. I get the feeling it could be a very powerful course with spirit.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:04 AM   #9
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

A method I have used for over 10 years is to envoke the following, this can be done out loud or as a prayer.

"Angelic Forces, please take all earthbound spirits and disincarnate entities off of me and take them to where they are supposed to be"

also

"Angelic forces, if any earthbound spirits or disincarnate entities attempt to approach me please take them to where they are supposed to be"

Discalimer: This does not work on full fledged demons. For those you need the help of an experienced shaman. The demons are rare and most of you will not encounter one of them.
tone3jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:50 AM   #10
Steve_G

I use various methods. If I'm out and about I fill my aura with golden light and see it spinning around me like a bubble. This prevents any unwanted energies / entities from getting close enough to cause a problem.

If I'm protecting an area (such as a house) I smudge using sage in a circle around me, and at each of the cardinal directions I say "In the name of the Great Spirit and the Divine Law I ask all darkness and negativity to leave." When the circle is complete I stand in the centre and pull golden light in through my base chakra and crown chakra and gather it in my heart chakra. Then I expand it outwards in a bubble, visualising it growing beyond the room until it encompasses the entire house.

On a few occasions, mainly earlier on in my journey, I was visited by very dark and powerful entities at night. Without really thinking about it I called out for the Archangel Michael to assist me, then did the same as above. As I was doing so I could feel wings wrapped around me, and the entity retreated immediately. It was a lovely feeling.

I don't work with angels as a rule but that doesn't seem to matter. If you feel you need help, all you have to do is ask.

Blessings all
Old 09-27-2008, 06:34 AM   #11
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Owing to various posts here, I have been delighted to discover and read many of the matthew's messages. ( http://www.matthewbooks.com/mattsmessage.htm ).

While reading the one for Feb 18th 2006, I noted the following - very relevant to this thread.

--

13. So that you can distinguish between the dark souls and those through whom dark entities are working and thereby deal most effectively with all, I asked my mother to gather information that will assist in your identification and protection processes. And now, Mother, please add that and also the guidance for connecting telepathically with light beings and assuring that sources you reach are who they claim to be. Some readers may know this innately or may have learned it, those to whom this is new can benefit a great deal from it, and all who wish can make this guidance available to receptive people.

S: Matthew, I’m just going to write my notes and not take time to put them in literary fashion because I know you want this to go out.

14. The eyes are a direct reflection of the soul’s frequency. To distinguish between light-filled souls and dark, look into the eyes. The eyes of a lighted soul shine with aliveness; dark souls’ eyes are dull-dead, devoid of warmth or light. A person with a lighted soul can hold a steady gaze when talking with you; a person with an “ordinary” dark soul or is heavily influenced by darkness keeps glancing around, unable to meet the light in your eyes.

15. Strategic touching. Dark entities know that the nape of the neck and lower back are especially vulnerable to their entry into a body’s energy system. Someone who grasps you in either or both places probably is NOT being playful or affectionate—the darkness in them is trying to infiltrate you. This doesn’t come from that person’s intellect or conscious awareness; it’s an automatic response to their influencing dark entity’s attempt to interrupt your energy flow so its streamer tentacles can enter.

16. Tone of voice, choice of words, topics of conversations. Indications of dark entities working through a person are gossip; sarcastic, hurtful or boastful remarks; unjustified criticism or blame; monopolizing a conversation; in a large group, insensitivity to others’ conversations by speaking out loudly; obsession with talking about fearful subjects. When you’re listening to someone and can’t tell whether the person is speaking from ego or soul, mentally ask your soul and pay attention to your immediate reaction—it is instinct, one way the soul communicates with the consciousness. ALWAYS listen to your soul voice—it never lies. Soul knows when lies come from other sources and alerts you via your instinct, intuitive thoughts and sensations—trust them.

17. Characteristics; change of behavior. Controlling or intentionally harming others, torturing animals, uncontrollable anger, greed, dishonesty, insistence that only their beliefs are right, and egotism are obvious reflections of dark souls and dark entities operating through unaware people. Infiltration by those entities is evident in people who formerly did not exhibit those traits or condone the actions and suddenly their behavior includes one or more; a slight tendency toward the traits or actions and/or cracks in the psyche “invite” this.

18. The aura, like eyes, is a dead giveaway. Ask your soul to let you see the person’s aura (energy emanating from the body) and look two inches above the head. You may see only a fleeting glimpse of color, a form or geometric symbol; depending on what you see, you know whether light or dark energy is flowing from the body. A cross or some other symbol you feel is sacred will identify a lighted soul; if you are light energy-sensitive, you may see gold, white, blue or rainbow prisms around the person. The auras of dark souls are dark, corresponding in degree to their energy emanations, and any symbols you see will be the opposite of what you think of as good, or light—e.g., a small viper, a tail (may be lashing out), an inverted cross or a broken star. Look down, about two inches in front of the person’s feet, for the same kinds of symbols that are in the aura.

19. Radiated energy. Energy-sensitive people can feel warmth radiating from lighted souls and cold from dark ones. With the pretense of seeing something on the floor, feel the energy by the feet; dark energy at that point is icy cold. Icy cold hands (unless holding an iced drink) or clammy hands is another indication of dark influence IF that's in conjunction with the primary signs that darkness is present.

20. Other physical reactions. The negativity of dark energy streamers is very heavy and creates a heaviness in your sensations when you’re in the presence of dark souls or people under the influence of dark entities. Also a lighted soul usually starts to feel repulsed, and some will begin to feel their skin itching. Dark energy is parasitic; it drains your energy and uses it to refuel itself. After such an encounter, your body may need lots of water, sea salt or even sugar to spontaneously regenerate itself. You may feel a sudden stiffness as the chakras work to protect themselves against dark energy streamers or feel throbbing in your temple or third eye area. Chakras always instinctively act and react to protect the root system and alert you to the dark energy through physical sensations.

21. Levels of darkness. Dark forces attack their equal in the strength of light-filled beings. Lesser-strength entities will move away from bright light; they can’t bear to look into it or stay near its energy. The more light in a person, the stronger the entity sent to invade it; “tests” for light beings become correspondingly harder because new, stronger entities come. Dark souls and people through whom the stronger entities work have NO power over souls who stay steadfast in the light and know its greater power; your “safety net” is WITHIN, not in any external source. ALL levels of darkness can be defeated by knowledgeable action on your part.

22. The innocence of young children and animals gives them heightened sensitivity to energy. Pay attention to the reactions and body language of children who seem suspicious or express fear for themselves or others and animals that keep a wary eye on their animal and/or human family—they try to avoid people whose energy is dark and feel a need to protect others from dark energy around them.

23. Protection. You must be aggressive against the dark forces. Write out and memorize the following words, which were given by God; these exact words are essential because the vibration they carry is your protection. After you have memorized this command and practiced enough so that the exact words easily come to mind, the command will come immediately and automatically as a sensation and verbalizing no longer is necessary. Practice quieting your mind, then saying aloud or mentally: “In the name of Jesus The Christ, I now command that if you are not of the highest, most evolved form of Jesus The Christ Consciousness, that you are to here and now disappear immediately and NEVER return.” Dark souls CANNOT disobey this command due to its vibrations.

24. The darkest souls are the most cunning, most determined; they seek a lighted person on one-to-one basis and engage in direct and steady eye contact, like a cobra, to mesmerize the person. To break the effects of their powerful gaze, think the word LIGHT with forcefulness. This command is essential in that situation; the dark soul can’t disobey its vibration, which is the light intensity equivalent of that soul's darkness. This command isn’t a substitute for the other one that's required for protection in other situations.
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 06:45 AM   #12
RubyTuesday
Avalon Senior Member

That's fascinating, Anchor. I get intensely itchy on my wrists sometimes around some people. I had not associated it with anything but had never figured out why. I don't have any skin conditions or anything that would cause it and nothing rubbing on my wrists to irritate them.

I love the info about the eyes. I know we inherently know this but it's a good reminder.

And the nape of the neck and small of the back. That's good to know. Lots of good nuggets in your post!
Old 09-27-2008, 02:09 PM   #13
macrostheblack
Avalon Senior Member

I like what ANCHOR put, some of it mirrors my situation. I have a stalker in my life or rather two - this sick women and her male friend.(dont know if they are in a close relationship of just related) She used to follow me everywhere with worrying loving effection(1997-1999) - only she chose to hide from me. She seemed totaly in love with me from the way she spoke about wanting me etc. It began to get on my nerves for she wouldnt leave me alone and yet refused to face me. In 2000 her male friend either disliked me or was jealous and began joining in by launching total hate and anger towards me - again keeping his identity hidden. As time passed he got more and more angered almost to the point of evil showing no concern for who heard him. She went along with this and swayed from concern for me to enjoyment in making me suffer. She then began going on about having a power or being psychic - knowing my thoughts, world etc. She craves public attention without regard to my welfare, he craves my downfall. They joined forces to feed off of my life and for around 2 years broke me down a little. My inner voice kept on telling me not to give in and fall apart and i built my life back up, got a new career, met new friends etc. It still happens today and although shes been quiet so far, no doubt she is outside somewhere nearby. At times she seems possessed in the way she can be so cruel in choice of words as does this guy who backs up her sick public statements. The police cannot help without names, identity and public support - no one will own up to knowing her/him. She strangely still as feeling for me - does that make sense. It is like anything i do is riddiculed by her and him - i can do nothing right in their words. It is a very wierd experience.

I have been brief here but one last thing is that when all this started my life was reaching a great time where i was kind of reaching my goals. Then she came into it and ruined everything for me. What has surprised me is the way that i have rebuilt my life back around all this hell simply by holding the firm belief that i am innocent. I have tried the bubble method and a shower method that cuts cords and bindings - but all are short lived.

Thanks for reading this.

Mark
macrostheblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 02:23 PM   #14
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Wow, you seem to have had it tough. Did you talk to them about this? Were you assertive? Thats me being curious, I am not suggesting you do that.

I do have a suggestion though: love and forgiveness. Fill them with love and light (not your own, but directed from the universe through you). At the same time, check yourself on the inside and see if you can forgive her/them. If you do that, I think this could all stop pretty fast.

Remember, everything I say could be wrong - discerment required.

There are always two sides to the story: yours and the other one, we only get to hear yours.

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 02:27 PM   #15
OceanWinds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrunner View Post
I use various methods. If I'm out and about I fill my aura with golden light and see it spinning around me like a bubble. This prevents any unwanted energies / entities from getting close enough to cause a problem.

If I'm protecting an area (such as a house) I smudge using sage in a circle around me, and at each of the cardinal directions I say "In the name of the Great Spirit and the Divine Law I ask all darkness and negativity to leave." When the circle is complete I stand in the centre and pull golden light in through my base chakra and crown chakra and gather it in my heart chakra. Then I expand it outwards in a bubble, visualising it growing beyond the room until it encompasses the entire house.

On a few occasions, mainly earlier on in my journey, I was visited by very dark and powerful entities at night. Without really thinking about it I called out for the Archangel Michael to assist me, then did the same as above. As I was doing so I could feel wings wrapped around me, and the entity retreated immediately. It was a lovely feeling.

I don't work with angels as a rule but that doesn't seem to matter. If you feel you need help, all you have to do is ask.

Blessings all
Good Stuff!
Old 09-27-2008, 03:14 PM   #16
earthdeva
Avalon Senior Member

Thought I'd add my 2 cents here as well.
I have invoked the Violet Flame of St. Germain for years( Violet ray)this transforms and transmutes disharmony into balance, as well as St. Michael ( colbolt blue color )and his awesome sword and mighty legions
always coming from a place of being grounded and centered in love and light, I perfer golden white. I also ground/anchor into Mother Earth and utilize her transforming ablities. Recognize there are "thought forms/ or entities" who are attracted to like thoughts/energies,there are eons and generations of these, and eons and generations of patterning and programing as well,if you notice you seem to repeat certain "lessons" you're stuck in a karmic rut. that's one of the reasons it has taken so long for folks to wake up and be aware.

I have declared to be in perfect and pure alignment with Divine Source/Mother Father god infinite creator of all that is.

Often just visualizng my aura as crystal clear and strong and stable.
There are also grid spins you can sit up with the higher beings if you choose.

I have a "blessing" I use on many different occasions
Angels above,angels below,angels before and angels behind
angels to my left, and angels to my right, guiding and directing
guarding and protecting through the day and through the night
angels clear and illuminate my path at all times and in all ways
and so it is.
I posted the below in the spiritual room, thought I'd share it here as well.

There is allot going on in our world right now. Change is in the air big time. We may not always appear to be in control of what goes on around us, but we are always in control of ourselves and how we react/respond to any given situation. It is always best to avoid going to a place of fear when any change arrives. Fear has this tendency of basically sucking the life right out of you, and that is not a good thing.
Change is consent, change is a given, change is not a bad thing, it means growth, and movement forward. If there is no change, if there is no growth, we become stagnant, toxic, and die.
It is always prudent to be prepared for any change, it is always in our best interest to be aware, better yet to be awake. What does it mean to be aware?
awareness, conscious awareness requires that we are not on "auto pilot"! So often people just go though the day, not really being aware of their surrounding energies or the environment around them. They are not present in the moment, they have no clue, because they are rushing off to worry about some future event which has not occurred or
falling back into the past to try to fix or resolve an event that cannot be changed.
Being prepared for any event, and being strong in your personal power, by not going to a place of fear, is prudent. Coming from a place of a loving heart in any situation is the highest course of action. There will be change. That is a given, how we react to it will determine the outcome for us. When we have done our shadow work, when we come from a loving heart, when we can stand strong in our personal power and not give it away, not go to a place of fear.

Then we can look at any given situation and see it from a bigger picture and a larger/broader perspective, larger perception and see the pure potentiality in it with love, that is powerful. Suppose we were to do that as a group, imagine what we could create!!! Sometimes the path does not always seem so clear before us.. when that happens, stop, take a deep breath in through your heart center and listen to your heart, listen to your higher being... follow your heart. Follow love. When we come from love, it's the best path.

Warm Hugs of Love, Earthdeva © 2008

"I flow with the rhythm of life.'
"A voice for the trees"
journeyforward1111@msn.com
www.yourjourneyforward.com
earthdeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 03:37 PM   #17
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrostheblack View Post

I have been brief here but one last thing is that when all this started my life was reaching a great time where i was kind of reaching my goals. Then she came into it and ruined everything for me. What has surprised me is the way that i have rebuilt my life back around all this hell simply by holding the firm belief that i am innocent. I have tried the bubble method and a shower method that cuts cords and bindings - but all are short lived.

Thanks for reading this.

Mark
Colors are very important to a person's reality surrounding them, why did you choose Black for your nick?

for those of you who understand the levels I have reached, I'm sure you wonder what I have used for protection.

My method is far more basic than most of you think and can be grabbed in a moment.

before I channel or start exploring minds, I think a very simple Prayer...

In the name of the father, son and holy ghost protect me with your light...

I've been told by those who see auras that they watched my light intensify the moment I did it.

to believe in the power of the trinity you must understand who they are.

God gave us 7 churches, 7 Angels and 7 Spirits to teach us the truth of the trinity, for without belief in the 1 Father, 1 Son and 1 Holy Spirit...

= 666

The Riddle of the beast in Revelation, you are lost to evil...

My Spirit Guide is the Holy Ghost/Spirit, and "she" is wonderful...
Rocky_Shorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 03:51 PM   #18
Frank Samuel
Project Avalon Moderator

we all have a duality, wether we accepted or not, of good and evil.
Depending on the vibrations we resonate day to day that's what we will attract. Therefore the best defense is always keeping positive and happy.
In PR there's a saying in spanish "pa mal tiempo buena cara", what it means
is no matter what's happenning always have cheerful face.Imagine 7 billion people smiling and embracing one another. Yes i know the reality is not like that , the doubt , fear , divisions are created outside of you but as you reciprocate with that part of your duality then you give in to the negativity which already exist in all of us. Keeping a positive attitude of hope, love, compassion and humility are my tools of defense. Feel the legions of good entities assisting you day to day, be grateful for them and never surrender
yourself to the darkness, always keep the flame of your soul shinning bright come what may.

Last edited by Frank Samuel; 09-27-2008 at 04:44 PM.
Frank Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 04:10 PM   #19
macrostheblack
Avalon Senior Member

Macros the black is a good guy from the novel, Magician by Raymond E Feist

He is a servent to the god of magic and thus is the most powerful magician ever, travels through time and space to fix problems - a bit like a poorly clothed Dr Who that doesnt need that screw driver or tardis.

In the book he mentors one of the main characters by visiting his dreams.
Ultimately leads his pupil through a hard time resulting in....wont ruin it for anyone reading the book.

He is called by his full name by those who are superstitous, who have heard old wifes tales etc. They talk of him being a dark sorcerer which he is not.

He is also known by this name by those who know the real him and see him as their friend.

I get what you are saying and may shorten my username.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:14 PM   #20
macrostheblack
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Samuel View Post
we all have a duality, wether we accepted or not, of good and evil.
Depending on the vibrations we resonate day to day that's what we will attract. Therefore the best defense is always keeping positive and happy.
In PR there's a saying in spanish "pa mal tiempo buena cara", what it means
is no matter what's happenning always have cheerful face.Imagine 7 billion people smiling and embracing one another. Yes i know the reality is not like that , the doubt , fear , divisions are created outside of you but as you reciprocate with that part of your duality then you give in to the negativity which already exist in all of us. Keeping a positive attitude of hope, love, compassion and humility are my tools of defense. Feel the legions of good entities assisting you day to day, be grateful for then and never surrender
yourself to the darkness, always keep the flame of your soul shinning bright come what may.
Thank you Frank that is exactly how i see it too. It often seems that others - be they jealous or dislike your ways - will always try to make your light diminish so that there non existant light grows brighter.