Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > What Does It Mean ?

Notices

What Does It Mean ? What does this all mean for the Ground Crew ?

Old 01-15-2010, 10:40 AM   #1
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Default The TV Series "24"

I'm trying to verify something.

I have heard Alex Jones talking about the character Jack Bauer on the TV series 24.

The subject is being discussed within the context of the government's COINTELPRO against alternative journalism and patriot movements.

He said that the character Jack Bauer is presented as being cool in relation to torturing kids in front of their parents to get answers.

He said that the Department of Homeland Security admitted that the series was their own propaganda promotion.

Are members familiar with this TV series?

Does anyone have a comment about this?
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:54 PM   #2
Harper
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The TV Series "24"

Hi

I thought it was relatively clear that that is clear propaganda. I think of it as a little preparation material for what is going to happen.

The sneeky cowardly president being replaced by the black president, whose wife is the un-doing of him (watch that space hehehe) The previous incarnations of a black president were always in comedies, never in a serious film until 24.

The last seasons have a woman president, so I just laugh with my husband, a true non-believer in 'my madness' as its affectionately call at home, and even he is willing to see the clear parallels. I'm not saying that all of 24 comes true by any stretch but I was certain the the big O would win the election because we had been prepared by 24.

So with that logic, our O buddy is in for some sort of bad end which leads to a woman being pres. And then her daughter is the undoing of her. Seriously it was so boring the last few seasons, its hard to remember what happened, because every hour of that danmed 24 hour period is a filled with kidnappings, explosions, tortures and you name it. What a day !!
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:06 PM   #3
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper View Post

I thought it was relatively clear that that is clear propaganda. I think of it as a little preparation material for what is going to happen.

...every hour of that danmed 24 hour period is a filled with kidnappings, explosions, tortures and you name it. What a day !!
Do you think that normally reasonable people are justifying the use of torture in their own minds after being influenced by this show?
Old 01-15-2010, 01:30 PM   #4
Harper
Avalon Senior Member

A journalist told me that the US army intervened, they asked the producers of the show to stop showing torture to the extent that was shown in the first series. Jack Bauer literally cut a mans head off practically on camera, in his office. It was said that it was attracting the wrong sort of recruit.

I can't verify the information only the source is a trusted person.

I don't think there is any denying that the use of such storylines makes the case for torture under the 'right' circumstances more acceptable to the general public. Its is linked in their minds to the character they know. For instance, I make this up.

So everyone knows the characters now after like 10 seasons, so people think now, well I would do that if someone was kidnapping my daughter whilst trying to blow-up the world... if the situation calls for bravery, better kill 1 than thousands. In fact the sacrifice of the few for the good of the many is a constant theme. And if you are going to kill them anyway why not some info out of them. It is at this poin that they have ceased to become human and are therefore a 'resource' and of could you know what you do with a resource-- you use it.

There is no doubt that its a softening tool. The real pictures of Abu Graib were literally too obhorrent to look at for more than 1 second. But we don't get those, we get our favourite guy who saves the day, to torture, at once appealing to the emotion of connectedness and the emotion given over to a character or actor we like. Its like your brain gets a moral dilema in terms of emotion and instead of turning in to the solution, we turn off completely and have thus entered the sponge state where anything is suggestable, because to think is way too head-ache inducing.....and anyway its just a bit of fun -- a programme to relax to ..

No doubt in my mind at all. What exactly are your concerns? Because someone else this morning was talking of a similar theme, but I can only currently see post made in the last hour.

What are your thoughts?
Old 01-15-2010, 02:42 PM   #5
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

Have to check to be sure...

But its interesting how the series 24 came out only a short while after 9/11.

A few years later, propaganda duly fulfiiled, and now the U.S has a black president.

Somebody's been playing with these scripts behind the scenes. If you wanna get to the truth of whose playing the game, one need only look at the list of executives and producers.
Majorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:54 PM   #6
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

I did read that 'the CIA' and other agencies watch 24 - or communicate to each other - about 'techniques'. I'd have to dig it up re Guantanamo. I guess 24 presents issues, like how far would xyz go to prevent abc.

I missed last season - all about Royal Dutch Shell lol
no caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:48 PM   #7
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
A journalist told me that the US army intervened, they asked the producers of the show to stop showing torture to the extent that was shown in the first series. Jack Bauer literally cut a mans head off practically on camera, in his office. It was said that it was attracting the wrong sort of recruit.

I can't verify the information only the source is a trusted person.

I don't think there is any denying that the use of such storylines makes the case for torture under the 'right' circumstances more acceptable to the general public. Its is linked in their minds to the character they know. For instance, I make this up.

So everyone knows the characters now after like 10 seasons, so people think now, well I would do that if someone was kidnapping my daughter whilst trying to blow-up the world... if the situation calls for bravery, better kill 1 than thousands. In fact the sacrifice of the few for the good of the many is a constant theme. And if you are going to kill them anyway why not some info out of them. It is at this poin that they have ceased to become human and are therefore a 'resource' and of could you know what you do with a resource-- you use it.

There is no doubt that its a softening tool. The real pictures of Abu Graib were literally too obhorrent to look at for more than 1 second. But we don't get those, we get our favourite guy who saves the day, to torture, at once appealing to the emotion of connectedness and the emotion given over to a character or actor we like. Its like your brain gets a moral dilema in terms of emotion and instead of turning in to the solution, we turn off completely and have thus entered the sponge state where anything is suggestable, because to think is way too head-ache inducing.....and anyway its just a bit of fun -- a programme to relax to ..

No doubt in my mind at all. What exactly are your concerns? Because someone else this morning was talking of a similar theme, but I can only currently see post made in the last hour.

What are your thoughts?
Thank you very much for your input.

Right now I feel ready to cry.

My concerns are what can I do to try to counteract this evil?

This issue is massive.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:11 PM   #8
Harper
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Seashore,

Sad it trully is, but you know this is not new, and will ultimately be replaced by some other new show. I won't even tell you about the video games that children are playing. Don't worry too much, in a way its better to know, don't you think? Think now you are anyone you speak to about this will be informed and will no longer fall for the mind game junk. The chances are that no one will face these situations ever in their life. Part of the game is also allowing you to believe that this too may happen to you or someone you know. It is highly unlikely.

Poor comfort I know, but if you can see it, you have broken the bond it has over you.

Take comfort in knowing, if you wince in fear, they have succeeded in their aim.
Be bold and mighty forces will come to you aid !!

Could someone please expand on the "producers and executives" who make this show, their names are meaningless to me, being across the pond from you.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:35 PM   #9
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Hi Seashore,

Sad it trully is, but you know this is not new, and will ultimately be replaced by some other new show. I won't even tell you about the video games that children are playing. Don't worry too much, in a way its better to know, don't you think? Think now you are anyone you speak to about this will be informed and will no longer fall for the mind game junk. The chances are that no one will face these situations ever in their life. Part of the game is also allowing you to believe that this too may happen to you or someone you know. It is highly unlikely.

Poor comfort I know, but if you can see it, you have broken the bond it has over you.

Take comfort in knowing, if you wince in fear, they have succeeded in their aim.
Be bold and mighty forces will come to you aid !!

Could someone please expand on the "producers and executives" who make this show, their names are meaningless to me, being across the pond from you.
What worries me is the American public acquiescing to the use of torture by people in authority.

I have the feeling that my own sister secretly feels this way - that she is influenced by this show.

I already knew about violent video games, violence in TV, violence in movies, etc.

But having Alex Jones mention that the United States Department of Homeland Security has admitted that 24 is a propaganda tool of theirs is extraordinary.

Shout it from the rooftops. This is an important issue.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:56 PM   #10
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seashore View Post
What worries me is the American public acquiescing to the use of torture by people in authority.
I have the feeling that my own sister secretly feels this way - that she is influenced by this show.
I already knew about violent video games, violence in TV, violence in movies, etc.
But having Alex Jones mention that the United States Department of Homeland Security has admitted that 24 is a propaganda tool of theirs is extraordinary.
Shout it from the rooftops. This is an important issue.
Seashore... I've shouted for 9 years now.

Personally, I see this as the weather vane that points to the fact our country will fall. There is no moral compass. None whatsoever.

Item #1: During the years 2001-2008 the number of "Freedom loving" Americans who approved of our govt. using torture was 55%.

Item #2: During our current "Era of Change" that number has changed Drastically! It is now 54%.

Search the Glenn Greenwald blog on Salon, and you will find the actual polls, and such.

Over 50% of the American people are under the impression that:
a) We are torturing people in the name of Freedom and Democracy, and it's ok.
b) That is ok because it will never include ourselves, since we are already free.
c) There is no disconnect in that.
... nor do they care.

When was the last time you heard our government raise some protest in the name of human rights, somewhere in the world?

The train left the tracks some 10 years ago. I haunted political forums, and such for the whole time, trying to point this out. For my trouble I was called something between a "delusional child", and a traitor.

Seems we have become Ben Franklin's nightmare as, when asking for a reason, it always came down to "feeling safe".

Go figure.

Fred

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat

Last edited by Fredkc; 01-15-2010 at 05:01 PM.
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:57 PM   #11
Harper
Avalon Senior Member

Nothing is hidden, everything is out there for everyone to see, you could write a newsletter and take out a full page ad and if people who have not eyes to see are not ready -- it won't make a danm bit of difference.

Your sister in law doesn't need to hear that she is wrong, she needs to hear that violence breeds violence.....that no one gets rehabilated in prison and that no useable information is gleaned during torture. Nobody wants to be wrong they want to know the opposite. They want to know whats right.

Capital punishment should be outlawed for a million reasons, but a reason no one can argue with is 'if there is a mistake you can't give someone back their life'. Its a simple as that, it is an unreversable act.

24 is not the issue, the issue is that government uses entertainment to sell you ideas, and it has done in the form of jesters and satirists and writers and actors or players since the dawn of time. That wall is too high to scale for me, what I can do is perhaps know that anything I see has been created for a reason and try to discern that reason, because plenty of films are designed to send you wonderful ideas and the reverse.

Write your own show or play or don't so influenced by what's out there, as they have succeeded in making you afraid, and if you were honest with yourself now you might admit they may have succeeded in making you look twice at your own family......

Don't fall for it, for the world is full of whirring beauty, doubling and tripling its self all the time, we live in an expanding universe filled to the brim by magnificience -- beauty like you. Don't let it be hijacked by anyone.

g
Old 01-15-2010, 05:33 PM   #12
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Fredkc,

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredkc View Post
Personally, I see this as the weather vane that points to the fact our country will fall. There is no moral compass. None whatsoever.
As a nation we have our day of reckoning that we need to face up to...
Old 01-15-2010, 05:46 PM   #13
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Your sister in law doesn't need to hear that she is wrong

(My sister - not my sister in law. My older sister. She doesn't really concern herself with what's going on in the world the way I do...)

Quote:
They want to know whats right.

Quote:
Capital punishment should be outlawed for a million reasons
I agree with this because I feel that if it's wrong for people to kill (with the exception of self-defense), it's wrong for the state to do it.

Quote:
government uses entertainment to sell you ideas
Yeah listening to Alan Watt has made me really understand this. He talks often about the controllers recruiting writers and giving them the subject matter to be included in their works which is then disseminated by publishers and producers to the public.

Quote:
what I can do is perhaps know that anything I see has been created for a reason and try to discern that reason, because plenty of films are designed to send you wonderful ideas and the reverse.

Quote:
the world is full of whirring beauty, doubling and tripling its self all the time, we live in an expanding universe filled to the brim by magnificience -- beauty like you. Don't let it be hijacked by anyone.

g

Thanks, g.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:17 PM   #14
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredkc View Post

Search the Glenn Greenwald blog on Salon, and you will find the actual polls, and such.

Over 50% of the American people are under the impression that:
a) We are torturing people in the name of Freedom and Democracy, and it's ok.
I am checking out the news on Infowars.com today, and this piece made me remember the discussion on this thread.

"Nearly 60% in UK Poll Say Torture is OK"

Infowars.com
February 11, 2010

Never mind that torture does not work and it is a violation of the Geneva Conventions.

From The Mail Online, February 11, 2010:

Shout it from the rooftops!

No, it's not okay.

Tags
cointelpro, propaganda, tyranny