Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 10-31-2008, 04:58 PM   #26
ralok_j
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Heads Up! - Bank Of America next Bank to Fall ?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterman View Post
There are laws on the books that payroll checks have to be cashed when presented.

Safe deposit boxes can be compromised and not available if a bank goes down.

Once a check is written and presented to the bank it is written on it is not lawful to charge for cashing the cash because legally those funds are owned by the person on the check.

The main item of contention to get the funds is that they want finger prints.

hmmmm?
There is no such law. Obtaining the finger print is to deter fraud.
ralok_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 05:01 PM   #27
ralok_j
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Cross View Post
Hello guys

You think thats bad that they wont cash your check, I was trying to take money out of my account at wells fargo and they said they dont have that kind of cash on hand that I have to wait for 7-10 days to wait for them to order it. I said I thought you guys were a bank. I was trying to take out 20K but I have 175K in deposit. Its not like I was trying to take out all my money. Then I said how much can you give me then and they replied none because they know how much I was trying to take out that I have to order the whole thing if I want cash. I went to a different branch and they told me the same thing and I only ask for 10k. So I went to a another branch got 4k.
It's rather standard. Banks don't keep millions in the vault just in case someone wants to make a large withdrawal.

People, realize that there is a cost to the bank for cash. They buy the money from the Fed, who charges a fee.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:30 PM   #28
Baron Cross
Avalon Senior Member

I guess Im just spoiled then that I usually withdraw cash all the time usually 9,000 so I dont go over 10,000 because the (FBI,IRS) reporting which I dont care I just dont like all the questioning. It just makes me mad that the first branch I went to wont even give 1,000 dollars just because I ask for 20,000 and she was rude, I almost exploded but I kept it inside and I thought shes not worth it to make scene. I usually get 3,000 at drive throughs so Im use to get my money when I ask for it. Before all this crisis happened, five months ago I got 50,000 cash out no problem, so I felt they were holding my money hostage
Baron Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 07:07 PM   #29
ralok_j
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Cross View Post
I guess Im just spoiled then that I usually withdraw cash all the time usually 9,000 so I dont go over 10,000 because the (FBI,IRS) reporting which I dont care I just dont like all the questioning. It just makes me mad that the first branch I went to wont even give 1,000 dollars just because I ask for 20,000 and she was rude, I almost exploded but I kept it inside and I thought shes not worth it to make scene. I usually get 3,000 at drive throughs so Im use to get my money when I ask for it. Before all this crisis happened, five months ago I got 50,000 cash out no problem, so I felt they were holding my money hostage
You realize that even though you didn't withdrawal enough to require a large currency report, they could still file a suspicious activity report (SAR). And, they can not and will not inform you that they are filing this report.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:26 PM   #30
Myra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyV View Post
They probably have security guards there to deal with rude people like you who seem to be determined to make a scene and mistreat the people who just work in the bank. It's normal to hold checks if you don't have enough funds in your bank to cover a withdrawal of the amount of the check. I also live in Washington State and bank at both WAMU and B of A. I don't make a scene if they say they are going to hold a check. If I don't like it I take it to another bank without mistreating the people who work in the bank following their rules. Do you really think that people will admire you for telling a story about your abuse of other people just doing their job?
No it's not normal to hold a check. They have ways of determining if a check is good or not.
I cash checks at WAMU all the time without a hold and with basically no funds in my account.

You apparently don't know what it's like to live check to check.
Myra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 02:38 AM   #31
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisuru Chiku View Post
I have a question...I have BOA credit card, what happens to the credit card once when bank closes???

No idea but if you owe money, best to pay it off soon.

They came after me with their lawyers when I couldn't keep up on the minimum balance and I ended up borrowing money from my parents just to avoid going to court. No more credit cards for me since.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 03:11 AM   #32
RubyTuesday
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbowie361 View Post
I have a quesiton if anyone can answer it. If I have some metals in a safety desposit box in a certain bank, and if that bank fails, what will happen to that safety deposit box?

Well, during the Depression the govt confiscated gold and if you wanted to open your safety deposit box there had to be a govt agent present for you to do so.
RubyTuesday is offline   Reply With Quote