Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Preparations / Advice

Notices

Old 10-28-2008, 02:00 PM   #51
Baron Cross
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: How to shield your electronics.

How about old ovens, refrigerator or freezer would this work with emp?
Baron Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:17 PM   #52
Bleep!

Smile Re: How to shield your electronics.

Ovens, refrig, etc.?? Yes they would work.. especially if you replace the seals with copper braid or similar.

Where did Henry Deacon state the 2009 thing????
Surely he never said anything of the sort.

He may have hinted that a CME could happen.. but that is not a prediction. It was more like an example of another EMP source, wouldn't one think?

There really isn't anything else to say in this thread. We have experts and then we have experts.

Last edited by Bleep!; 10-28-2008 at 11:23 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:26 AM   #53
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven View Post
Why don't you just delete the thread if it's speculative. I work in this field and yes, antennas does concentrate EMP just like radio wave. Read the first post I made, the reason I brought the topic was about a future EMW of great strength coming from the sun according to Henry Deacon's somewhere in 2009.

Since, I work for a large Electric power company and already have lived this kind of problems, I put some simple advices, not expensive, to protect one electronic devices.

Now, if you don't agree it's ok. But I'm not being speculative, plus I provided some useful links since I can't begin to write a book about the topic on this thread.

And yes, EMW constantly comes from the sun.

Namaste, Steven

Sorry.

I hope this misunderstanding is down to language barriers. First, it wasn't not a "moderator" comment. Secondly, it was not aimed at you though I happen not to agree with the way you have described the function of an antenna in this context. It might not be that you are wrong in your understanding, but the way I have understood your explanation.

I agree that RF prorogation is a complex subject so this is bound to happen. I cant write a book either - or even reference one at this stage. We cannot possibly get this right on the forum without expending huge amounts of time and words.

So please understand that I appreciate your work in this thread. I know (because you told me once before) that English is your third language and it is clearly obvious that this is a lot of work that you have done.

Speculation or not, this thread has managed to get an important message on the record.

On the technology, IMHO Bleep clarified the matter perfectly I have nothing to add either.

Namaste <-- first use on this forum from me, and meant it.

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:15 AM   #54
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post

Sorry.

I hope this misunderstanding is down to language barriers. First, it wasn't not a "moderator" comment. Secondly, it was not aimed at you though I happen not to agree with the way you have described the function of an antenna in this context. It might not be that you are wrong in your understanding, but the way I have understood your explanation.

I agree that RF prorogation is a complex subject so this is bound to happen. I cant write a book either - or even reference one at this stage. We cannot possibly get this right on the forum without expending huge amounts of time and words.

So please understand that I appreciate your work in this thread. I know (because you told me once before) that English is your third language and it is clearly obvious that this is a lot of work that you have done.

Speculation or not, this thread has managed to get an important message on the record.

On the technology, IMHO Bleep clarified the matter perfectly I have nothing to add either.

Namaste <-- first use on this forum from me, and meant it.

A..
Hi Anchor. No worry. I understand your statement and admit I should have put "antenna" between quote. I was not referring to an emitting antenna, but rather a simple an inexpensive mean to catch and reflect EMP.

I will clarify it. When an EMP hits solid material, one part is absorb and another is reflected. All depending on the angle of the wave, 90 degree reflect the most, and the conductivity of the material. So, in installing antennas to the roof will not absorb and reflect all the wave, but will certainly diminish it's overall effect if it's grounded. I understand one can see it as not important in normal case, but as I said in the OP, it is not about normal condition. Because the ultimate shielding of one's house would be to cover the roof with grounded unpainted metal sheet. But, I didn't want to put it that way, because of the cost and complexity of this.

Lastly, the purpose of the post is to give simple, not costly advice to protect your electronic devices in case of strong EMP coming from the sun.

Here is something well written and totally conform to my experience: http://standeyo.com/News_Files/NBC/EMP.protection.html

To you Bleep! I appreciate your presence here. I am in no way pretending to be expert. And I do not question your statements, they are true and perfectly welcome. About Henry Deacon. I remember it was mention in one interview with Bill and Kerry. I can't remember which one, I have seen them all, but it was Bill who mentioned it to the person interviewed. Maybe someone here may remember which interview it was.

Namaste, Steven

Last edited by Steven; 10-30-2008 at 01:36 AM.
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote