Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Health / Alternative Medicine

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 09:42 PM   #1
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Default Thyroid issues

I had blood tests done on Monday because I am trying to get into a walking trial to get more active and lose weight.

I can't do the trial but they found that my thyroid level isn't normal. I've been more tired than usual and this has actually been around for a long time. I got 8 hours of sleep today and yesterday and I'm still feeling tired now. I'm always trying to be more active but it's difficult.

I will probably see a doctor about this. However, has anyone else here had this problem and what have you done about it? Have you increased your intake of iodine? Are you on thyroid medication?

I was very, very disappointed and it frustrates me that no matter how hard I try, I'm still struggling with weight. I've had to endure a pushy doctor telling me to lose weight every time I see him and I really don't want to go and see him again. I'm just trying to stay positive.

Moderator Note: All data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. ProjectAvalon.Net makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis.

Last edited by Karen; 06-05-2009 at 07:45 AM.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:57 PM   #2
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Thyroid issues

Im sure you have read on here about colloidal silver and peroxide.

The food we eat causes alot of us to put on extra weight and it doesn't matter how much exercise you do. its the food.......

I went up in my weight quite a bit and sense I laid off the sugar and the dairy products, I lost quite a bit. Im down 2 sizes in my pant size. Looking good again in a size 14 Still working on it over here but I feel great!

One thing that I continue to read about is that we all know NOT to drink the water but how many really think of "bathing" in it? Its just as bad , even worse if we use hot water. We are putting the crud right into our pores.

I use peroxide in my bath and when I shower I actually spray either silver or peroxide/water misture on my skin. I feel the difference. Our pores cause so much problems when they are blocked

I walked around for almost 5 years with sores all over my body. They started out like a burning sensation, like I got bit by something and then turn to a pimple like sore that itched liked crazy. I went through so many different types of creams and steroids to get rid of them only to see them come right back.

Since I started on the silver I have completely cured myself of that. I am without pain which was also there which slowed me down but I can now go all over the place.

losing weight was just a big plus

I will be naughty and every once in awhile have mcdonalds, burger king or something else just as bad. I even had about 5 pepsies this year. All of that and sugar, salt and any MSG caused me to blow up like a fish.

I hope you find some help in this.

Oh almost forgot Iodine is important too and you can get that almost anywhere if you need it for your thyroid
Old 06-04-2009, 10:29 PM   #3
sleepingnomore

You should check out today's Hometown News. There is a free lecture on the 24th of this month on managing thyroid conditions without medications using Chiropractic treatments. I'd also advise checking into accupunture treatments. If you would like the specifics please PM me as you need to make reservations for this space limited seminar.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:29 PM   #4
Unified Serenity
Avalon Senior Member

Lightbulb Re: Thyroid issues

I've been hypothyroid since having my first child in 1992. I have never felt "right" since then. I have taken sythroid and levothyroxin, and begged for armour thyroid as it has t3 and t4, but dr.'s just don't want to prescribe it!

I am without insurance atm and started taking dessicated bovine thyroid which helped me through this time. I'm back on levothyroxin, but as soon as I have coverage again, I'm going to an endocrinologist to get this straightened out! I have a very hard time sometimes as I just want to collapse and sleep. Your thyroid is extremely important, and I find it hard to believe they can't kick start it! I mean it's not putrifying in my throat, it's just not working at all. The longer you are on thyroid meds the my it tells your body NOT to produce thyroid hormone, but I almost burnt out my pituitary that was trying to get it to work back in 1992.

Good luck!
Old 06-05-2009, 01:08 AM   #5
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingnomore View Post
You should check out today's Hometown News. There is a free lecture on the 24th of this month on managing thyroid conditions without medications using Chiropractic treatments. I'd also advise checking into accupunture treatments. If you would like the specifics please PM me as you need to make reservations for this space limited seminar.
I don't want to go to lectures. I just want information.

I don't know about acupuncture and I'm sure it'll cost a fortune. If there's something I can do by myself that costs relatively little (other than eating better), then I need to check it out.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:34 AM   #6
alyscat
Avalon Senior Member

Hmmm. damn, I have just had 2 glasses of wine, so probably will not be completely coherent. there is a subclinical thyroid deficiency whch is usually treated with iodine. I think it is the Wilson thyroid treatment

try this

http://www.wilsonssyndrome.com/

alys
Old 06-05-2009, 02:11 AM   #7
Jonathon
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
I had blood tests done on Monday because I am trying to get into a walking trial to get more active and lose weight.

I can't do the trial but they found that my thyroid level isn't normal. I've been more tired than usual and this has actually been around for a long time. I got 8 hours of sleep today and yesterday and I'm still feeling tired now. I'm always trying to be more active but it's difficult.

I will probably see a doctor about this. However, has anyone else here had this problem and what have you done about it? Have you increased your intake of iodine? Are you on thyroid medication?

I was very, very disappointed and it frustrates me that no matter how hard I try, I'm still struggling with weight. I've had to endure a pushy doctor telling me to lose weight every time I see him and I really don't want to go and see him again. I'm just trying to stay positive.
Hey HJ - yes you need Iodine and lots of it. I don't remember who posted this Iodine research (powerpoint doc on benefits of Iodine) but it's pretty thorough. Will take you 4 to 6 weeks of Iodine loading to get where you need to be, then you can go on a maintenance dose.

LINKY
Old 06-05-2009, 03:17 AM   #8
Carrie1971
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathon View Post
Hey HJ - yes you need Iodine and lots of it. I don't remember who posted this Iodine research (powerpoint doc on benefits of Iodine) but it's pretty thorough. Will take you 4 to 6 weeks of Iodine loading to get where you need to be, then you can go on a maintenance dose.

LINKY
I can speak from a long time thing. I lived very close to "hanford" when I was a kid. At age 19 I was put on Thyroid Rx. Took it for YEARS.... Then I came in contact with a Natropath Dr. "yes a real doc on the natural way to heal". I was put on a product like is out lined 6 weeks of loading then I use it as needed. The product I use is from the store that sells Edgar Casey's formula's. This is a food grade product called. Atomidine Iodine Supplement sold by Heritage Products. A bottle of it now lasts me 2 years so it is not a huge bill for sure.

As a reimnder I have a poor liver when it comes to functions due to the ARMY making the shots that were suppose to prevent hepatitis "yellow fever" in the Veit Nam service members and when I was given that same "gamma golbulin" after being exposed to hepatitis I in fact developed Hepatitis C. ONLY "they" did not know what was wrong. The thyriod was the first thing that went south and it has been a life long battle to stay healthy. ( Not that anyone can call me that name. )... But when the Atomidine was suggested I was under the care of a ?Normal? Dr. of internal Med. Tests were run to make sure the iodine worked and still to this day it is still working right. So to answer your question a low function of thyroid can be helped with this product.

ON an ending note. IF anyone has liver function numbers showing you are having issues DO NOT use the C-Sliver. Please do not send me hate mail I or I will have to provide you a list of names of people who had Hepatitis C and "used that" with faith. Because all the people who are selling it will tell you it can kill HCV.. Oh by the way only one of those people are alive out of 5 only one stopped using the C-Sliver in time to save their own life.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:47 AM   #9
asteram
Avalon Senior Member

Not a problem I have had but I've been around thyroid problems a bit. I have known people to have negative reactions to Iodine supplements (nausea, vomiting), so be cautious when starting or trying anything like that. A little kelp powder is usually safe enough.

A few points:

Any vegetable that is a member of the cabbage family will mess up Iodine metabolism: cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, rutabaga, any of them when raw contain phytochemicals that block Iodine absorption. Cooked they are safe, or fermented like kim chee or sauerkraut.

Make sure you are not getting Fluoride in your water or toothpaste or anywhere else. Fluorine is in the same atomic family as Iodine and will displace it. Watch out for Chlorine too.

Another tack is to give your body the raw materials to make hormones from. Health food stores often have a body building section where you can find supplements of concentrated plant sterols. These can be very good for balancing body hormones as long as they are NOT from soy.

[This comment bleeped by moderator - Kerry Cassidy received a cease and desist order from M*n**tech a couple of days ago - any statements made here will have to be cleared by their compliance department.]

Last edited by Karen; 06-11-2009 at 10:44 PM. Reason: M*n**tech cease and desist order.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:06 AM   #10
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

A friend of mine has a thyroid issue, quite a serious one. Much of the chemicals in today's food attacks the thyroid gland, especially fluoride.

It seems one of the main causes of a disruptive thyroid is a lack of iodine in the body. My friend has been taking meds that the doc subscribes her for quite some time, I can't recall the name off hand, but she said it comes from pigs. The meds will never fix the problem, she was told that she will have to take them for the rest of her life.

I bought her some liquid iodine which she has been taking for the last 6 months, and has noticed big improvements. She no longer takes her meds and hasn't been for the last 2 months.

Interesting thing is... doctors are taught in their medical school that iodine is poison with a bad thyroid, the very thing the thyroid is lacking! To me that was proof it will work.

The thing is make sure not to take 'organically bound' iodine. This is the stuff in most health food stores and most drug stores, to heal cuts ect...

The stuff I bought is called Magnascent Iodine, I have been taking it myself as it has many other benefits besides thyroid.

Here is the site I ordered from:
http://www.magnascent.com/
And they also have a study one thyroid issues:
http://www.magnascent.com/Thyroid%20Gland.htm
Quote:
Twenty-five percent of all the body's iodine ions are in the thyroid gland.
There is also a ton of other articles online at various places that talk about the iodine thyroid link, just search google to find them.

gl!
Old 06-05-2009, 06:10 AM   #11
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Good resources, folks.

I'm a bit nervous about doing anything on my own as I want to see what the problem is. The hospital did not tell me if it was hyper or hypo in regards to known thyroid conditions. I suspect it's the latter.

Also, I'm not sure if it's ironic or not but I have had hair loss that's accelerated in the past 10 years and on and off bouts with depression. The depression is under control but the hair loss continues. I've read they can be linked to iodine deficiency.

Last edited by Humble Janitor; 06-05-2009 at 06:13 AM.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:39 AM   #12
DiVineEnvy
Avalon Senior Member

Brisk brushing of the hair two or three times a day with the type of hair brush that has tiny spherical knobs at the ends - this stimulates blood circulation into the scalp area and promotes hair folicle health. The trick is to brush with short brisk strokes, systematically covering all areas of the head so you don't inadvertently uproot strands of hair which would defeat the purpose. Pay special attention to stimulating the cranial sacral area at the base of the head and neck. A lot of stress accumlates in the musculature there, cutting off the circulation of chi to the head and scalp. I suspect this has something to do with the fact that as a culture, we spend so much time 'in our heads.' The head can no more be cut off from the heart than from the body without dire consequences. Brushing and yogic stretching (tensing and relaxation synchronized with breathing) can help relax the tightening of muscles in the neck and upper shoulders and restore proper pranic flow.

Last edited by DiVineEnvy; 06-05-2009 at 08:55 AM.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:43 AM   #13
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Please we have to be very careful about claims made for any product attached to any disease name or probably even symptoms. There was a big mess I had to spend a lot of time cleaning up.

Kerry asks such correspondence be by private mail, but of course you know it is illegal to say some things also in private - it gets the company in trouble. Clear any statements made about a product through the company first.

Last edited by Karen; 06-11-2009 at 10:42 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:20 AM   #14
lightbeing
Avalon Senior Member

Hi HJ,

Haven't read all the posts, but the symtomps you describe:
weight gain, hair loss, tiredness, need of sleep, I have to "guess"
that most probably you're suffering from thyroid hormone deficiency
(hypothyreoidism)
Before doing anything wait for the lab results first, then you will
know for sure.
In case of a hypo you will need thyroid hormones suppletion.
The thyroid is important in many bodily functions. Feeling sleepy
could be caused by an anemia, as the hormone is
also needed in the production of blood.
I am sorry but don't know any alternative therapy for treating
hypo or hyperthyreoidism.
Just curious, have you changed your diet into vegetarian?
Too much of tofu can induce hypothyreoidism.

Take care!

Blessings
lightbeing
Old 06-05-2009, 09:41 AM   #15
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

I'm no vegetarian but I do try to eat fruit and other good stuff every once in a while.

I do indeed plan on finding out more about the lab results. I'm hoping I can get a recommendation from the hospital instead of that pathetic doctor that I've seen in the past.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:04 PM   #16
Dakini
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
I'm no vegetarian but I do try to eat fruit and other good stuff every once in a while.

I do indeed plan on finding out more about the lab results. I'm hoping I can get a recommendation from the hospital instead of that pathetic doctor that I've seen in the past.
There is a connection between adrenal function and thyroid function. I just went online, and here is an informative article.
It often makes sense to have a panel of tests for other glands, but for you, it might be good to get your adrenals tested as many of the symptoms of compromised adrenals mimic thyroid problems.

There are natural ways to detox the adrenal glands - like Coleus and Licorice tinctures along with guggul or chlorella and triphala. Coleus is said to kick off toxins that are attached to the adrenal receptors. Like several have already said, iodine is said to detox the thyroid receptors. Simply adding kelp (from a shaker bottle) onto salads can give you that gentle detox without bombarding your gland if you have reservations about iodine.

If your doctor puts you on Synthroid - this is one generic prescription that Walmart offers for just $4 per month. Whatever our politics around Walmart may be, at least this is one benefit of its existence.

Hopes this helps.
Dakini
Old 06-10-2009, 08:35 PM   #17
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

brown seaweed is good for that
and, also for cleaning up the body

you can get if off www.rgarden.net/workingwonders
at wholesale

love/susan
the eXchanger

ps; to lose weight

use this formula
for 3 days,
take your body weight in lbs,
and, drink that many oz's of water

(ie; if you are 100 lbs, drink 100 oz's of water each day)

for 3 days
and, then, cut back to

50 oz, for every 100 lbs of you

in a month-you will be amased at all the weight
that will start to fall off

also--find a walking buddy

and/or, just force yourself to go out for a walk alone

it is a good thing to do
Old 06-18-2009, 04:28 AM   #18
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

I'm going to follow my intution and see a doctor first.

As much as I'd love to explore the natural remedies, I need to know more before I do so.

But I felt so good yesterday after I finally got ahold of a doctor. I was able to get outside and enjoy the day since I spend most of my days inside, devoid of energy.

I just see it as a first step. I personally hate medication but I *must* take care of my body somehow and this is my "warning" that if I don't, I could be dead before I'm 50.

I'm starting to put the pieces together like a puzzle and my mother has the same condition. It has to be genetic. Combined with the depression and anxiety on my father's side, feels like a double whammy sometimes.

But let's see:

1. I have little if no hair on my arms or body in general. I can grow facial hair and hair everywhere but my head, legs and arms.

2. I have been steadily losing my hair since I turned 22. My grandfather on my dad's side started losing his at 22 but he was not overweight and did not have thyroid problems that I know of.

3. Weight issues started when I was 8. Before that, I had blond hair and normal weight. Been a steady roller-coaster since.

I will check out conventional medicine. I must go with my intuition and if that does not work, I will then consider the natural ways. I am hoping that combined with my attempt at eating more fruits and veggies, medicine could help me improve my life.

I cannot even keep a clean apartment and cannot do much during the week. The lack of energy is painful and it is a roadblock not only on my path to good health, but also good spiritual health. I've made strides though, against all odds.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:59 AM   #19
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Perhaps the following would be prudent:

1. Consult an M.D.
2. Consult an N.D.
3. Consult Dr. Google.
4. Consult Dr. Humble Janitor.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:29 AM   #20
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Spirulina contains iodine and is beneficial to our bodies in general. I've read that taking spirulina supplement provides you with adequate amount of iodine.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:29 AM   #21
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoxymoron View Post
Perhaps the following would be prudent:

1. Consult an M.D.
2. Consult an N.D.
3. Consult Dr. Google.
4. Consult Dr. Humble Janitor.
Sarcasm?
Old 06-19-2009, 04:46 AM   #22
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Does it not make sense to look at a problem from all angles? An allopathic physician may make observations and have insights which are entirely different than those of a naturopathic physician. Google is your friend. There are thousands of informational resources available for free on the internet. But YOU are the last word on you.

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 06-19-2009 at 05:07 AM.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:02 AM   #23
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

I started taking thyroid medication on Monday and even though I was told by a friend (who by the way, would probably fit in well with this community or is already here) that it takes 11 days to feel any effects. I think it's taken less than that as I feel more energetic already.

Will see how it goes. Always the possibility of trying an alternative down the road if standard meds don't work.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:47 AM   #24
elsinorelore
Avalon Senior Member

I agree with what what said above about the iodine, its definately worth checking out! Just google it and you will finds tons of info and vids, even how to make it yourself!!! Good luck and Good Health!
Old 07-09-2009, 04:23 PM   #25
Tango
Avalon Senior Member

I don't put chemicals [pharmaceuticals] in MY body... I just simply,

don't do it........ There, has to be another way... Then again, I'm
Not over weight... I could have been... The food always loooked sooooooo
good.... but, I saw some very large people while growing up... I remember
they were the one's that got sick... Were always going to the doctor, always
had a condition...

I do use a GB4000; rife machine... Run maintenance frequencies on the this
broken body... And, it works.... That's all that counts...

If I WERE YOU, I WOULD GO NATURAL.... At least read all the indications.
You know what I mean [May cause anal leakage; that's a SH ART]
on the package inserts. May cause headache [But, your taking it to get rid of
headache] and they still take it...

Would just crack me up... Some [stupid] individuals are still willing to take
it... I've read thousands of them [shaking head]... Did you know mil. pilots
are TOLD not to drink diet soda or soda in general... [Wink] Think they
want their airplanes back in one piece ?

Best of Luck; you've got some life changing " cisons " to make...

If I were You I would " Think " before doing.....

Trooly,

Tango

Last edited by Tango; 07-09-2009 at 04:36 PM.
Closed Thread