Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 09-13-2008, 03:51 PM   #26
FrostyMcunicron
Avalon Senior Member

Location: a box in the inner city w. a slight chance of suburbia New Jersey
Default Re: Spirituality or Knowledge

Balanced.
FrostyMcunicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 05:11 PM   #27
OceanWinds

Part of the problem is the english language... and definitions of each. Spirit and Knowledge both overlap parts of each other. In other parts they do not, and confusion emerges. Finding the separation between the two is not possible IMO.

Knowledge is an understanding of the world we exist within.

Spirituality is an umbrella term of knowledge, wisdom, feeling, and being with the specific intent of experiencing Spirit.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:00 AM   #28
Norval
Banned

Now I think that is a good choice of words OceanWinds, even if it was in english.
Norval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 04:56 PM   #29
Norval
Banned

Going out on a "spiritual" limb here, I'll try to give my two cents worth.
Most of what I will post about is based on "knowledge", or study of ancient writings, and primarily the bible, also from my experiences in 57 years of life. No, I am not the least bit "religious", or "spiritual" as many use the term. Those that know me consider me as a knowledgeable and practical man. Of course others may vary with that opinion.

Sky Otter asks,
"do you have to act on anything to be spiritual?"
and,
"and is knowledge just a collection of things?"

Well, if you get a gut feeling about something, check it out, but be very careful about your actions, or acting on it. The world is paved with good intentions.

IMO, knowledge is a collection of experiences that you can trust as truths to give you a solid foundation for possibilities and probabilities that may also be true.
Seek and you will find.

TranceAm asks and comments,

"And true it is, but then again, What can really happen to us?"
Well, I have to trust my two eyes that tell me that person is no longer alive.
But it would be good to see my old friends again. Maybe technologies will soon advance to where people can be cloned and their conciseness be reinstalled. Kinda like restoring a computer, only a bit more complex.

People often get so distracted by "mind games" they fail to see the physical realities unfolding right in front of them. Why has so much sprung up about "spirituality" when it is all based on a word from the bible that is not even translated into english? (Speaking of english again.) Spirit is a transposed word, it means wind, breath, an invisible but physical force of some kind.
The so called Holy Spirit is a force to be reckoned with and has a definite attitude.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:26 PM   #30
TranceAm
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norval View Post
TranceAm asks and comments,

"And true it is, but then again, What can really happen to us?"

Well, I have to trust my two eyes that tell me that person is no longer alive.
But it would be good to see my old friends again. Maybe technologies will soon advance to where people can be cloned and their conciseness be reinstalled. Kinda like restoring a computer, only a bit more complex.
Thank you for honoring me with an answer from your point of view.
And your response does raise a couple of questions upto the ultimate question.

Let me see if I can point you to them and it, by asking the related questions:

Did you want to stay around in kinder garden?
Would you still want to be in first grade?
Why would you continue life here, if the path your existence follows over the dimensional lines goes somewhere else?

I think that growing up, is more then just picking the best part of existence you have knowledge of upto now, and then repeat it.

I respect your point of view... I have been there.

It indicates a fight... A fight to accept what is... A fight you can't win.
Even in the best scenario of human genious (And you point to it.), and we find a way to replicate and duplicate our spirit in a fresh body, we still face a dead and cold universe in times to come when all the suns go dark... So even if one would live a Trillion years, the point of having to accept the inevidable will come.
Not even mentioning of "What happens to that original spirit in the original body, that will continue over the dimensional lines while your "new" copy evades the natural way (For the time being.)?

Your thoughts please?
TranceAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 05:38 PM   #31
Balancer
Avalon Senior Member

hello everybody,

first things first...we all seek for both so we clearly can say knowledge AND spirituality are necessary.
in my opinion we can not seperate them, when we really want an inner and outer harmony. I call it the exotheric and esotheric way. Only exotheric may lead to conspiracy theories and when you follow only this path too long you can get scared of the world and fear is rising (first part os distortion). When you follow only the esotheric path everything is love and light you feel like flying in the sky and nothing can go wrong. Sounds good in the beginning but i believe you really can fly away, you are not grounded anymore, forgetting your roots are deep in mother earth, forgetting that you have a physical body, you are in material world and you have to face it. This state of conciousness may leads to the point where everything is equal...good bad lazy...pahhh its only here in illusionary world...dont care. you can get too comfortable (second part of distortion).
I pay attention to love, this is my direction, there is a choice today so the attraction follows your attention.

i think the knowledge seeking part of me interact with the outer world, which from my perspectiv seems to be seperate from me.(5 senses, mind...) informations are his obsession. the spirituality-part is my interaction with my inner world and can lead to a deeper understanding of me and my innerworld.(5 higher senses, subconciousness, feeling the oneness )
And because the outer world is a reflection of my inner world you get a deeper understanding of th eouter world which routes to new attention, questions, informations and the CIRCLE is closed!

i do not write so much about the spiritual equivalent of this circle written from knowledge seeking mind because i think i can rely on the comments from shortyz504!
thank you...exactly my feelings of this line we are climbing upwards.
very uplifting and deeply resonant to my self.

love & light

Balancer
Balancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 05:43 PM   #32
Norval
Banned

Quote:
Even in the best scenario of human genious (And you point to it.), and we find a way to replicate and duplicate our spirit in a fresh body, we still face a dead and cold universe in times to come when all the suns go dark... So even if one would live a Trillion years, the point of having to accept the inevidable will come.
Not a problem, that is plenty long enough for me. I'm not greedy.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:03 AM   #33
Norval
Banned

Spirituality seems to be philosophy.

Knowledge seems to be experiance to gain wisdom.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:32 AM   #34
doodlebug
Avalon Senior Member

Hmmm.... appears you are correct.
doodlebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 06:28 PM   #35
omshanti2
Avalon Senior Member

I feel I am both, I am spirit, becoming knowledgabe as my consciousness/awareness exspands according to experiences mental/physical/spiritual etc.
omshanti2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:38 PM   #36
EpiphaMe

Etymology is useful as words take on new meaning. Harnessed back, spirit is ineffably "breath" "wind"... I like to say "that which animates". Knowledge is taken back to the word "can", as in "is able". To me knowledge implies a body, so does spirit. Indicates to me that knowledge animates, else it's merely information.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:56 PM   #37
Stephen

Interesting question...

Hmmmm.....

We are all Spiritual Beings. Multi-Dimensional Beings is a better term I would think.

To become aware of our Spiritual Selves is to gain knowledge.
Applying that knowledge then can become wisdom.

Now someone here said: Balanced! I like that.
In fact that is how I 'see' Norval. He is a balanced person.
Or as much as one can be from my point of view.
Or maybe as he is striving to be.

I have known many 'Knowledgeable People' but, in my opinion if they to not recognize their Spiritual Self then what do they really know?
Old 09-21-2008, 02:12 PM   #38
Frank Samuel
Project Avalon Moderator

Talking Re: Spirituality or Knowledge

If you close your eyes and meditate on the voices of the minds of everybody,
scientist, writters , poets, you hear these voices. Babara Streisand said she would hear music all the time playing in her mind. This is how scientist sometimes gain inspirations for ideas. Often in your sleep. The origin of knowledge is spiritual. Knowledge is a highway you Journey on in order to connect to your spiritual self. It is there that you become awaken, it is an incredible rush of energy which connects to everything. Knowledge for the sake of intellectual achievements have a temporal value but is not very fufilling. My spirit is constantly searching to connect , I cannot turn it off.
To embrace, have compassion, forgive, to be humble, are knowledge which can be describe as wisdom, ah now that is deep. Wisdom is gain through
your spiritual connection to all. That includes the good and the bad...
Love and peace to all...
Frank Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 02:37 PM   #39
Frank Samuel
Project Avalon Moderator

Haiti has been hit the hardest by the effects of these weather wars.
Knowledge is something not easy to swallow, if you could visualize, see and feel the suffering of so many people. Such is life !!!
Old 09-21-2008, 02:47 PM   #40
Jenny
Project Avalon Member

Hi Norval,

http://www.kenwilber.com/writings/index?category=Essays

Are you familiar with Ken Wilber?

Reading this thread I felt Ken Wilber's view on Knowledge and Spirituality is the most comprehensive you can find in this moment in time.
His Integral Institute is precisly doing what you are looking for. imho.

I hope you like it.

Zjenny

Jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 02:56 PM   #41
Suriel

Wink Re: Spirituality or Knowledge

Spirituality from your higher self integrates into your physical experiences as you gain more wisdom. Knowledge connected to the matters of the Heart = learning to be wiser therefore you collect more light energy or god consciousness.

People that have knowledge that do not recognize spirit become more Luciferian. Which was the whole point of that rebellion.

The goal is to have a balance between the two. Use knowledge with spirit to develop your journey closer to your destination and HOME which is ..........

You know the Answer.

Old 09-21-2008, 03:03 PM   #42
Animos
Avalon Senior Member

There is NO Spirituality without Knowledge. Remeber this!

cos

All Believes = False Knowledge = False Spirituality

ONLY

True Knowledge can open True Spirituality
Animos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 09:57 PM   #43
Norval
Banned

So, as I see it now being said, spiratuality is now called "action" based on knowledge.

Now that is an interesting development.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:54 AM   #44
TheInfamousOne

I would say I use to be more knowledgeable than spiritual. But due to my recent experiences I can not explain, I am not so sure any more.

I consider my self to slowly becoming spiritual but I belong to no religion. As David Icke recently said "God Save Me From Religion" That's where I stand.

So I like to say I could recently have a balance of both but if I were to measure this question with my life experiences. I would say "Knowledgable" but consider myself slowly becoming spiritual.

Guess I am on the fence with this one.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:02 PM   #45
Norval
Banned

I propose then the "Spirituality or Knowledge" question is about ones view point based
on ones experiences.

When I was the resident minister for our state capitol senior center it amazed me at how
many told me that I was the most "spiritual" person they had ever met. Thank you all for
your input thus far.

Norval L. Cunningham
Old 09-24-2008, 05:32 AM   #46
Argante
Avalon Senior Member

Because this thread was in the Project Camelot area, it was moved to a holding area where we are reviewing threads to make sure they are in the interest of Avalon.

Three Mods have decided that this thread should once again be part of the forum because of the importance of it's message.

We are working very hard to clear the holding area of Camelot threads.

We are very sorry for any confusion or hurt feelings this may have caused any of the Ground Crew.

Brightest of Blessings,
Mary Lou
Argante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 05:38 AM   #47
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norval View Post
So, are you more spiritual, or would you say of yourself that you are more
knowledgeable?

I would hate to have to choose. Without the one we are mere materialists; without the other we are superstitious. They are the two wings of a single bird.
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 06:28 AM   #48
Norval
Banned

Birds of a feather flock togeather?

This thread was NEVER in Camelot.

Spirituality was ALWAYS in Avalon, , , , , , , , hmmmmmm
Old 09-24-2008, 06:31 AM   #49
Frank Samuel
Project Avalon Moderator

Phycical Knowledge vs. Spiritual Knowledge are they one and the same ?Feelings, emotions,intuition, love, are things unseen not so clearly define by physical knowledge alone.
If I focus on my intellect without connectting it to my heart I fail then to connect to the truth unseen, truth so overwhelming which your heart cannot contain and your mind cannot truely comprehend. Physical knowledge alone
is limited and dangerous. To love and be love this experience is not define by knowledge alone, for this powerful emotion unseen connects us to the better
part of ourselves, our spiritualself. It is there that lays the hope for a better tomorrow for our children.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:26 AM   #50
Stephen

This thread and ANY Thread/Post of Norval's should be ALLOWED to be shown here on this forum.

He has a canny knack for seeing through the BS.

I have suggested that Norval become a Moderator here as well.
In fact I strongly suggested that...

EDIT: Oh...One more thing. Norval at least post more for me. hehe!
I want to learn more about this myself. Dood is ignorant. Dood needs more Info/Data...
Remember, I am Watching You. (Look at my Avatar...)

Last edited by Stephen; 09-24-2008 at 01:38 PM.