Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 09-17-2008, 01:17 AM   #1
ophiuchus
Avalon Senior Member

Default fed reserve loans aig 85 bil for 80% ownership

just announced: fed will loan aig 85 billion in return for 80% ownership. if it fails taxpayers will be on hook. nice deal ! i wish i could buy a company and if things didn't workout you would pick up the tab.(gcn internet radio "what really happened") why should we have to loan a company $ and get nothing out of it. while someone else gets to own it. what's wrong with this picture? i say let the chips fall ! we should be up in arms about this deal.

Last edited by ophiuchus; 09-17-2008 at 01:22 AM.
ophiuchus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:20 AM   #2
visual co-creator
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: fed reserve loans aig 85 bil for 80% ownership

Last edited by visual co-creator; 10-03-2008 at 03:48 PM.
visual co-creator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:46 AM   #3
ophiuchus
Avalon Senior Member

aig has 1 trillion in assets. this story is what's catastrophic! now they own the most powerful insurance company in the world,and they stole it. they didn't put out a penny and the american taxpayer guarantees it. this scenario is absurdly mind boggling. i'm afraid to ask,what's next. anytime i promise my money,i own it,period. why aren't "we the people" owners. it's our money.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:50 AM   #4
visual co-creator
Avalon Senior Member

Last edited by visual co-creator; 10-03-2008 at 03:47 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:50 AM   #5
Zarathustra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophiuchus View Post
aig has 1 trillion in assets. this story is what's catastrophic! now they own the most powerful insurance company in the world,and they stole it. they didn't put out a penny and the american taxpayer guarantees it. this scenario is absurdly mind boggling. i'm afraid to ask,what's next. anytime i promise my money,i own it,period. why aren't "we the people" owners. it's our money.

Apt comment O,

I would add a few more adjectives to "absurdly mind boggling". Criminal, traitorous, and treasonous come to mind.
Zarathustra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:57 AM   #6
ophiuchus
Avalon Senior Member

if it wasn't the fed no one could buy aig for 85bil. this inside deal is a scam. free market says they should be allowed to go extinct. aig could have gotten a better deal on e-bay.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:14 AM   #7
QUESTINY
Avalon Senior Member

It is important that AIG stay solvent because they are one of the very very few who will insure large company transactions for international trade. We may see the shipping industry hit hard if AIG goes under. Also Consumer goods sent from China and elsewhere. These transactions are insured through AIG for guaranteed deliveries. This company handles all the big businesses. We may not get our TV's next year or our Toyota's if it failed.

This is making things worse. We are approaching the speed of light on this and the $85B just bought AIG time only. Confidence is the only thing holding the markets and the economy together. It is debt not credit! It's funny how the talking heads on TV say the problem is they having trouble valuing the debt. Since when did debt have value!
QUESTINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:19 AM   #8
Northboy
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
That would be a commonwealth system, and some didn't want that.
Northboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:24 AM   #9
visual co-creator
Avalon Senior Member

Last edited by visual co-creator; 10-03-2008 at 03:47 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:53 AM   #10
QUESTINY
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by visual co-creator View Post
IF?

How about say, FRIDAY?
Friday after the markets close just like all the rest.
QUESTINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:03 AM   #11
Zarathustra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUESTINY View Post
It is important that AIG stay solvent because they are one of the very very few who will insure large company transactions for international trade. We may see the shipping industry hit hard if AIG goes under. Also Consumer goods sent from China and elsewhere. These transactions are insured through AIG for guaranteed deliveries. This company handles all the big businesses. We may not get our TV's next year or our Toyota's if it failed.

This is making things worse. We are approaching the speed of light on this and the $85B just bought AIG time only. Confidence is the only thing holding the markets and the economy together. It is debt not credit! It's funny how the talking heads on TV say the problem is they having trouble valuing the debt. Since when did debt have value!
I agree. As I have said before in this forum, there is a fundamental fact that all the "talking heads", and "bernanke's", and "Paulson's", et alia don't, or won't, say to the public - if a business needs money to stay afloat, it is ALREADY insolvent. Thus Q's phrase "just bought AIG time only". The words "just bought time only" can be applied to every move the Bush/Cheney/Rockefeller/Rothschild/Wall Street cabal have made vis a vi Fannie, Freddie, Bear, AIG, et alia, have made - it only buys time. It is the equivilant of "curing" a broken foot by giving the patient morphine so he/she can walk without feeling pain. It is ludicrous to believe that a problem born from a corrupt, manipulated, and directed system can be corrected by "floating" a company money to live "another day".
Old 09-17-2008, 03:08 AM   #12
Nik
Avalon Senior Member

Didn't see this thread, so pardon the repost in the News and Updates section of the forum.
Nik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:11 AM   #13
ophiuchus
Avalon Senior Member

not for nothing i guess it depends if you look at your glass half full or half empty. letting them fall would have created a lot of jobs in good ole u s of a.. a lot of goods/imports wouldn't have been able to make it here if they weren't insured. well pity that. i guess we would have had to do something like make them ourselves,and the importers would have to find another way to get insured and still get here cheaper than we could mak'em. this might have turned out to be some of the most positive dominoes you ever saw. oh yea, the fed and the nwo are globalists who control global concerns through global companies.most of the companies affected would have been very large ones. this could have left a lot of cracks of daylight for struggling smaller companies and american entrepreneurs to fill. 90% of all the corps in the usa do 1mil or less. i don't agree with bush sr. that soon 8 companies will own everything in the world.(or maybe i fear that happening). this would have been a big win for the little guy and a shot to the head of the corporate giant.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:24 AM   #14
Zarathustra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
not for nothing i guess it depends if you look at your glass half full or half empty. letting them fall would have created a lot of jobs in good ole u s of a.. a lot of goods/imports wouldn't have been able to make it here if they weren't insured. well pity that. i guess we would have had to do something like make them ourselves,and the importers would have to find another way to get insured and still get here cheaper than we could mak'em. this might have turned out to be some of the most positive dominoes you ever saw. oh yea, the fed and the nwo are globalists who control global concerns through global companies.most of the companies affected would have been very large ones. this could have left a lot of cracks of daylight for struggling smaller companies and american entrepreneurs to fill. 90% of all the corps in the usa do 1mil or less. i don't agree with bush sr. that soon 8 companies will own everything in the world.(or maybe i fear that happening). this would have been a big win for the little guy and a shot to the head of the corporate giant.
O,

If I read your post correctly,then I agree in principal. If not, then ignore my response.

This goes to the corrupt influences not only behind the disease, but the cure as well. If this were merely a story of a company that made bad decisions and got itself in trouble, in a properly operating free market economy, then we would all be shouting "they must go" unanimously, for many of the reasons I "believe" you outlined. The truth behind the machinations we have witnessed over the last couple of weeks is defined by "the left hand covering for the right". As I have said before in this forum, the problems in the economy, as well as the solutions posited, and accepted blindly, are treason upon treason, criminal action upon criminal action. The shame is that most of America nods their heads complacently as they watch cnn, et alia, and "thank their lucky stars" that the government (NWO, neocons, rothschilds, illuminists, whatever the **** you want to call them) are there to "take care of the situation" and "provide a backstop", etc...

Meanwhile, the poorest of the U.S. will "sacrifice" for this, while the former CEO's of Bear, Lehman, Fannie, Freddie, AIG, WAMU, etc... are deciding what SPF sunblock they will use while lying on the beach in the Virgin Islands.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:28 AM   #15
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUESTINY View Post
Friday after the markets close just like all the rest.
Won't flooding the market with all this fed. money just devalue the dollar so to say making it worth less and less?
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:34 AM   #16
dolphin
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
Won't flooding the market with all this fed. money just devalue the dollar so to say making it worth less and less?
yes, you're correct, they (elitists) have been planning this...they want everyone to lose faith in the dollar so they can introduce the AMERO...which by the way they had a secret closed session in congress recently discussing how the US economy and dollar downfall is imminent. that the AMERO would be the new standard. they even told members of congress where "safe houses" would be for them should the public get angry and take vengence on them.
dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 04:02 AM   #17
Bullfish
Avalon Senior Member

Wait a minute...the federal reserve is a not a US Government entity. "We" don't own AIG and "We" didn't bail AIG out...the FED did! The FED is not us...it is owned by international bankers.....Am I wrong? Whats really going on here? I'm a little confused.
Bullfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 04:05 AM   #18
Bullfish
Avalon Senior Member

The Federal Reserve is not "us". "We" did not bail out AIG. The international bankers just acquire another huge piece of the puzzle for "a song". I'm not sure what all this means, but it is not "ours".
Bullfish is offline   Reply With Quote