Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 08-01-2009, 01:39 PM   #1
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Thumbs down Pigs, Swine, Pork...What's with this Euphemism or is it a Dysphemism?

More Pigs at the Trough: What Enron and WorldCom Can Teach Us About Goldman and AIG

Arianna Huffington
Posted: July 28, 2009 12:01 AM

America, it seems, can't wait to get back to business -- risky business -- as usual. No matter how atrocious business has been.

Newsweek's latest cover story declares that The Great Recession is over. A Merrill Lynch report concurs, saying, "The recession is over...We are bullish on global equities." Goldman Sachs is placing riskier bets on the market than it did before the financial meltdown (and setting aside huge amounts of money to pay its executives).

The problem is, this victory dance is being done on top of the same shaky financial system that nearly toppled over, sending us all plummeting into the economic abyss. And while the market is over 9,100 (with another 10 percent gain predicted by the end of the year) and Goldman, Citi, and Bank of America are reporting multi-billion dollar profits, unemployment is heading to 10 percent, foreclosures continue at a rate of 10,000 a day, credit card defaults are hitting record highs, and states all across the country are cutting vital services to the bone.

We've seen this headlong rush to move on before. And it should be making us very afraid.

Continues: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ariann..._b_245940.html

SOURCE: http://solari.com/blog/ Catherine Austin Fitts' blog

The End Of The End Of The Recession
Submitted by Tyler Durden on 07/26/2009 21:24 -0500

Zero Hedge, in collaboration with David Rosenberg, Chief Economist & Strategist, Gluskin Sheff + Associates, Inc., is pleased to release the attached analysis "The End Of The End Of The Recession." It is our hope that this piece will provide some badly-needed perspective on "the recession is over" debate, a topic that has become as one-sided as it is wrong-headed. Our purposes is to promote rational, informed discourse on the subject and to this end we enthusiastically solicit reader feedback. Our presentation is licensed "creative commons: attribution" and we hope that our readers will feel free to forward it on or excerpt from it freely, provided attribution is preserved.

The End of the End of the Recession http://www.scribd.com/doc/17712435/T...-the-Recession

Continues: http://www.zerohedge.com/article/end-end-recession

SOURCE: http://solari.com/blog/
peaceandlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 12:33 PM   #2
Tango
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Pigs, Swine, Pork...What's with this Euphemism or is it a Dysphemism?

The truth is America has been in a Depression since June...

I don't believe unemployment has really been below 14 percent
for quite sometime. Prices for food, personal care items are
steadily climbing. We are being lied to when they tell us it's 9.5.

I just pd the electric bill; forget-about-it. It was almost double
what it was last year. With the devaluation of the dollar [FR note]
And, even with the cooler tempetures this year. Looks like its
time to get off the grid...

Thanks for posting this PaL. And the congress wants to buy NEW
Gulfstream Jets with kitchens.

The people of America, have every right to be upset. This IS xactly
what they did in Germany in the mid 30's.

I just got a call this morning from another broadcast camera operator
that just got laid off from a local TV station. So I'll be taking them for
food and supplies... Paying it forward.

Banks are Not lending money for movie productions... IMF is really
putting the squeeze on... people need to start removing House and
Senate members that support corporations instead of citizens...

Trooly,

Tango

Last edited by Tango; 08-11-2009 at 02:15 PM.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 05:18 PM   #3
no caste

Default Re: Pigs, Swine, Pork...What's with this Euphemism or is it a Dysphemism?

I am glad that Enron and WorldCom are coming up again, because this is all part of the 'trough' show. If pigs are going to be used as a metaphor, it's OK with me. Remember, pigs are omnivores.

(There are also religious sanctions about eating them in Judaism and Islam, i.e. Old Testament. Given the climate of the day (heat) and pork bugs, it was a good idea IMO!)

A pig metaphor helps define who's at the trough, who puts money in it (citizen taxpayers, shareholders), and who the pigs are. They can be called 'fat cats' for all I care.

The coincidence of swine flu isn't lost on me. So, I think 'war pigs' for that, like the Black Sabbath song I posted.

Also, this forum has a lot of sensitive people on it, so even though a logical step may to search for 'sex pigs,' this forum may not allow it. For instance, Charles Manson and fighting Charlie in Vietnam; perhaps Manson wasn't random and there is evidence of the systemic, underground sex network of children, government leaders, military.

Back to Enron though, one does wonder.

The Enron-Cheney-Taliban Connection?
By Ron Callari, Albion Monitor. Posted February 28, 2002.
http://www.alternet.org/story/12525/

Could the Big Secret of the Enron scandal be that Cheney and the White House were working closely with the Taliban -- on Enron's behalf -- up to a few weeks before Sept. 11?

And then there was this too, posted on a CERN thread

Albert Pike, the Head of the Scottish Rite in the 19th Century, continued: "The [third] war must be conducted in such a way that Islam (the Moslem Arabic World) and political Zionism (the State of Israel) mutually destroy each other."

The B'nai B'rith is part of the Masonic Scottish Rite Order established in 1843. It's militant arm, the "Anti Defamation League" (ADL) was formed in 1913, the same year as the US Federal Reserve.
http://www.savethemales.ca/001211.html
Old 08-12-2009, 08:10 AM   #4
lucrum
Avalon Senior Member

Around here the crisis has been "over" since May'ish.

At least that's the headliners in the press. Expectations arose that the interest rate would go up sooner than expected, but suddenly this was fenced off as the inflation rate had gone down. This was supposedly caused by falling consumer prices, on clothing(?).

There was no mentioning of prices on food, electricity, cars and other living expenses. Housing prices are soaring and a handful of economists only see what they are describing as inflating another bubble, which I can agree to.

There is alot of BS going on in the mainstream media these days, with elections coming up in september.
For those of you that read the letter from a norwegian politician that was posted 1-2 years ago, Siv Jensen is closing in on the deal when it comes to being elected as prime minister. Kinda funny! ^^
lucrum is offline   Reply With Quote