Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 09-14-2008, 12:26 AM   #26
vesta
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Fuel/Gasoline Prices In Your Area

Hi all,

after addling my brain a little on usd & metric to imperial conversion rates the avg price of unleaded fuel here in NSW, Aust is between $8.50 - $11.00USD a Gallon. Diesel is more expensive.........

So a lot fewer rd trips for all of us! Way better for Gaia tho'!!

Vesta.
vesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 02:10 AM   #27
Kris Riley
Avalon Senior Member

It's 4.19 here in northern Michigan. It's weird. Gee let's kick em when they're down type of scenario. They don't care. It's just business.
Kris Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 06:12 AM   #28
MMe M
Avalon Senior Member

Old DOOD,

It was Jackson that had ridiculous gouging but the arab owners dont really care about the state laws and they always plead ignorance. It was always pointed out to me that ignorance of the law is no excuse.

As to the petrol prices abroad, I was told that it is actually the all taxes that inflate your prices far beyond ours. Is this correct? We have tax on ours but not as much I was told. Plus, there is the fact that much of America is incredibly rural with no access to mass transit, more so even than I thought till I went west two months ago with my husband while he was looking for work. We are 35 miles from Lansing but thats where my husband works when there is work. Its No excuse for raping people through their wallets, I know. I guess nobody really cares anymore. The world is full of "I got mine, you get yours" types.

100 years is along time in the USA, 100 miles is a long ways in the UK.
MMe M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 05:15 AM   #29
pilot
Avalon Senior Member

on wed the price was 3.39/gal. here in OK, in a refinery town...(not that it makes a diff) by thursay night it went up .41 to 3.70 , today 3.77, tomorrow, higher still I'll wager. Not as bad as some of you have it.
pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 04:50 PM   #30
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

They are talking about the next Generation Prius coming out as a plug in - the battery will allow for straight electric mode for up to 80 miles.

Once its out I have a Generating system I'm planning on adding that will take away the need to ever plug it in...

shhhhh wait till the Gas mongers are out of office and I'll tell you more...

They are still keeping it hushed, but here are some spy photos of the next generation...

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080730....for-first-time

The best part of it all, the 4 Billion Dollar plant they built in Texas to crank out Gas guzzling trucks is being retooled to build the new Prius, they are moving trucks out to a smaller plant out east...

Gotta Love Toyota...

and the article says the 2010 will be the new redesign which means they will be available for sale in January 2009, they always roll the new models early to give themselves time to ramp up on production...

Last edited by Rocky_Shorz; 09-15-2008 at 05:08 PM.
Rocky_Shorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:46 PM   #31
DoctorWho
Avalon Senior Member

This is all fine and dandy provided that the US Dollar doesn't take a crap. Toyota might end up jumping ship if it does.
Bill "the Doctor"
DoctorWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:09 PM   #32
colesmommy1117
Avalon Senior Member

Gas here in the middle tennessee area had some interesting spikes. On Thursday, gas was an average of 3.35/gal. around 10 p.m. Thursday evening, some stations had increased to an average of 3.89/gal. Today, gas is about 4.30/gal. a lot of stations in rural areas spiked it up to over 5.00/gal. some have closed the pumps. there are a few who have remained below 4.00/gal, but for how long remains to be seen...
colesmommy1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 04:50 PM   #33
Stephen

Well, we are beginning a new week.
I personally have not been out in a few days so I do not know the prices as of today.
I guess I could check online and find out...
(Ok...Online I am seeing anywhere from $3.68/gallon to $4.29/gallon in the Lansing area)

I am curious as we lead up to this election and of course right afterward what the pricing will be.