Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:52 PM   #1
Kamikaze
Avalon Senior Member

Default I'm dissapointed the moment I arrive here

I just joined the forum because of a sincere cry for "help" by a member about everyone ganging up on him and refusing to see anything what he tried to make you see.

I would have joined sooner or later but his thread made it a lot sooner than I had thought.

The thread and person in question is "Last Try (I suspect, in vein. Hope I am wrong.)..." by WarriorServant

I made 1 post in it and read a few more and then started my second post but was cut off by the the closing of the thread and banning off the person in question... Damn what I'm disappointed in the handling of this issue at these forums.

I was just on my way to try to post on how to calm this all down but seems I arrived to late to be off any useful help.
This was not the way I wanted to join. I'm disheartened by the happening.

Truly disappointed in moderators handling and the forums people participating in the thread. True mob mentality and for sure take the easy damn way out off it. Every participator was a Troll in that thread! I mean everyone! I hope someone will see something from this.

I will below post the second post I was about to post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth View Post
I agree completely Tango.

WarriorServant turn your post quantity into quality or you will have to leave.

This is not what the forum is all about - others maybe but not this one. If you don't like it go and post somewhere else because this community has clearly said it does not like your style - and I have to agree.

Take the hint - change or leave.

G
Sorry to distract more from topic! This should not be here!
But could not find PM... Where is it? First forum I could not find PM on?!

This threat is tackling the problem from all wrong view. You make it easy for yourself. Trying to get 1 person in line rather than ALL the others that so obviously are as much at fault themselves?!

Things have spiralled out of control now I see. No one wants to see what WarriorServant tries now to point out in his own way in this thread.

He tries everyone of you to see "keep to topic" but none of you do. Or you do but don't care as the thread is way out of line already. Or rather you have gotten such a "distaste" about anything concerning about him you are compulsive to "fire him up some more" whit things not concerning topic but rather just discuss the "accusations" and off topic things inserted around.

To WarriorServant. I have to say I see your point but you have to see into your actions as well. Responding to the others off topic things will only help to keep things off topic. You should have only posted shortly! "Off from topic" in every instance refusing to answer otherwise, or try to make em see the problem responding to other inquiries.
It's futile! You can't change others unless they want to change... and that doesn't happen within a short time span and in a discussion on a forum!
This approach you have chosen isn't "well liked or seen" for sure by anyone. Moderators or adminstators won't like to spam off useless posts this will create, they will accuse you. You will be seen as whatever they want to see you as. For sure it might seem the need for the thing to be addressed but it will be hard. People go for the easy way... "You are the problem"... Rather than trying to see the problem in themselves and the mob mentality that is so damn apparent here.

You are causing a storm off people to creak out their worst in themselves without them realizing what they actually are doing themselves. But you have overlooked your own part into it all.

It will be hard to go anywhere at this stage I reckon unless some get glimpses of genius to fix this mess right now.

I recommend to you WarriorServant you not post any more even whit "not on topic". Blatantly refuse anything to do whit off topic posts. This is the only solution I see at this moment. If you decide to start a new thread about you experiences I suggest you do this here as well. If people sidetrack look for how far it goes if it reaches more than 1 page of BS request a moderator... now if there is a reasonable moderator at all... There should be. To delete every single post in that thread except the first one to start over until people adhere that they must stay on topic even if it is this damn cursed topic about "the Bible and religion" when in first case it doesn't have anything there to be discussed to be on topic.
This topic or what the topic the people here at the forums thought you would be "preaching" about when it was not that at all is cursed these days beyond belief. It's a flame throwers battle for supremacy!

I read now people saying they are on topic... Wrong! You aren't following the topic in the first post! You are following the "consensus" topic of what everyone believes the topic was about. But it was sidetracked and out off topic instantly! It's non contestable!

------------------------------------------------------
The way people wanted him to act as just ignore the "out from topic" as I also suggest isn't the real solution in the end. It's the avoidance of the issue by stifling it out from existence by not talking about it.
Everyone would still have sidetracked his threads as I looked at the sheer onslaught of people contributing to the mess. It's a mob mentality issue. You didn't like him because he was different and didn't know how to handle him! You kicked him away...

I was interested on what he might have had to actually share about his experiences spiritually in conjunction whit the bible but EXCLUDING RELIGION! Everyone seems to be incapable to disjoin bible and religion it seems which caused this problem here in huge part. It's a flame bait as I've said a few times already bringing the worst out of people whitout realizing what they are seemingly doing.

It requires strict moderation and rule following... No bias!... there was bias from moderators I see.
Moderators should keep a objective, disjointed view but by contributing to the thread pulling it further from bad to hell isn't the way.

Well I let it be there. I won't answer any post on this topic. So if there is more flame etc. It's all your responsibility!
Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:57 PM   #2
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: I'm dissapointed the moment I arrive here

Moderators cannot delete posts because they are off-topic except in rare situations where the forum guidelines are being breached. There are too many exposures to censorship type accusations.

Anyone attempting to engage in debate on this forum should really try to understand the dynamics that operate here instead of crying foul and shouting at us to do thier job.

I do agree with you that it bought out some bad behaviour in people that I least expected it from

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:58 PM   #3
Lorien
Avalon Senior Member

I too had quite a response going, but didn't get it done in time. It's truly a shame, because I repeatedly quoted his original post showing how he constantly contradicts himself, threatens people, mocks them, and refuses to understand basic human interactions.

Seriously? You came running to his rescue without knowing the full scope of the situation, his past posts, or anything?

This even further shows his immaturity and lack of understanding of things.

Are you his mother? Are you him just using another name? I am curious.
Lorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:04 PM   #4
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorien View Post
I too had quite a response going, but didn't get it done in time. It's truly a shame, because I repeatedly quoted his original post showing how he constantly contradicts himself, threatens people, mocks them, and refuses to understand basic human interactions.

Seriously? You came running to his rescue without knowing the full scope of the situation, his past posts, or anything?

This even further shows his immaturity and lack of understanding of things.

Are you his mother? Are you him just using another name? I am curious.

Bingo.
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:04 PM   #5
joe2288
Avalon Senior Member

Arrow Re: I'm dissapointed the moment I arrive here

hmmm interesting you joined right after he got banned i wonder if that just a

coincidence
joe2288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:05 PM   #6
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

[QUOTE=joe2288;200847]hmmm interesting you joined right after he got banned i wonder if that just a

coincidence[/QUOTE]

nope....I don't think so
Old 12-15-2009, 10:06 PM   #7
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitinginthewings View Post
[/COLOR]

Bingo.
Sw hired a lawyer....
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:07 PM   #8
micjer
Avalon Senior Member

no such thing as coincidence.....

This whole bs is so draining. We must move past it folks. It is really dragging the forum down. Funny we knew this was going to happen and we are allowing it. Where is JT and his able to love thread ...going there now.

Last edited by micjer; 12-15-2009 at 10:10 PM.
micjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:08 PM   #9
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by micjer View Post
no such thing as coincidence.....
This is so true micjer
Old 12-15-2009, 10:12 PM   #10
arcora
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe2288 View Post
hmmm interesting you joined right after he got banned i wonder if that just a

coincidence
he arrived just before the guy was banned, and they were both posting simultaneously.

not taking sides in the debate. i have no opinion on that. just clarifying the facts.
arcora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:13 PM   #11
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

Kamikaze's username tells us the direction this person is planning on heading I would think.

Anyways I basically ignored the whole warrior servant threads. Alls I know is that Servants information would have been welcomed here for poeple to ponder. But I doubt Servant had any, the intention was quite clear if you got around all the insults and drama.
Phtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:19 PM   #12
Lorien
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phtha View Post
Kamikaze's username tells us the direction this person is planning on heading I would think.

Anyways I basically ignored the whole warrior servant threads. Alls I know is that Servants information would have been welcomed here for poeple to ponder. But I doubt Servant had any, the intention was quite clear if you got around all the insults and drama.
Agreed 1000%
Lorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:20 PM   #13
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phtha View Post

If someone really wants people to ponder on the information he presents, he acts in a different way. the apparent information was a bait. the real deal was something else...
But I like the name Kamikaze, a self-fulfilling prophecy?
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:29 PM   #14
joe2288
Avalon Senior Member

hey after reading your posts kamikaze and comparing them to warrior

servants posts i see some similarities you both start most of you sentences with

I this and I that interesting.
joe2288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:30 PM   #15
beren
Avalon Senior Member

Off the record here, I think that guy warriorservant is one very frustrated person and he went his frustrations on others with screaming STICK TO THE TOPICS!!!

See I believe in God and Christ and Bible and I am Christian and I am not religious. Christianity is above religion.

But I did not understand at the beginning why he was freaking out so much there and eventually was banned.
But I sympathize with him , he is one soul just as we
all are.
It`s just he have a difficulty to have a normal conversation. He demands this and that but it`s ridiculous to ask people to be like programmed freaks and stick blindly to the very few sentences of the topic, otherwise the topic would end briefly since no one will have anything new to say.

When you say certain sentence ,you will attract reaction to it, then with further conversation you and your fellow speakers shape your thoughts.
But if you wish that everybody align themselves with your thinking or patterns ,then no matter how important your message is, you will not be listened.

I agree with the most of his points but it became unbearable to read his responses, it was like reading words of the whining child!
Cry baby if you wish.

I am sure if he changed his approach as many advised him and actually wrote something of his experiences, he`d be listened and further talks would emerge and we all would had a chance to learn bits and pieces .

But ...
beren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:31 PM   #16
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Hi
I think quite a few prople tried to pour oil on troubled water.

What I found amazing was that the posts attracted so much verbal attention.

if the originator of a threads style is personaly found to be offensive why on earth go there repeatedly vocalising.

The ego in full flood?????

My thoughts were--- Just let Warrior Servant post what he wanted in its entirety,, regularly view his thread without any comment and only when there was a clear story from him comment if the need was felt to do so in a positive way.

Anyway maybe I am being a tad judgmental.
I dont actually mind though.

It is as it is.

Regards Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:34 PM   #17
Ammit
Avalon Senior Member

Kamikaze dont be dissapointed, just take a step back and see the welcomes other new members get here, there are arguments and there is also a lot of good blessings but I have to say that most new members begin gently by getting to know the good souls here first.

A question within a topic is only a question when asked as one, it is not a question if it is given as a one sided debate.

Just my thoughts.

Welcome to Avalon, I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Ammit
Ammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:42 PM   #18
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Unecessary drama afoot.

I really don't care what Mr.Warrior has to say because he's shown that he can't say it in a constructive way without insulting other members.

Been down that road myself. You gotta change the way you react or you don't get to contribute.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:54 PM   #19
Derek
Avalon Senior Member

Ignore this guys. Don't feed the trolls.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:03 PM   #20
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

tone3jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:19 PM   #21
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

A Warrior Servant is basicly a 'Sir! Yes, sir!' soldier.
Oops! I'm off topic!
Do you realize what you're doing to me, Kamikaze?
Making me feel so (as in soooooo!!! ) dissapointed with myself, the moment I arrive here!

You know what?
I'm gonna be even more off topic!

What does O.M.G. () stands for?
Anybody?
And please, do not dissapoint me, or you will never hear from me again!!!
(I know what that means).
TRANCOSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:37 PM   #22
Aztar
Avalon Senior Member

Ok I'll bite

One Man Gang
Outlaw Motorcycle Gang
Aztar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:51 PM   #23
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

Are you making fun of me, Aztar? 'Cos in that case I'd be very dissapointed!

I just thought of one myself.

: O My God!

But seriously, folks, what is the meaning of
(And while you're at it, what is the meaning of life?)
TRANCOSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:03 AM   #24
Aztar
Avalon Senior Member

Naaaa

I'm having fun "with" you

The meaning of life is 42 taaa daaaa!!!!
Aztar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:03 AM   #25
PilotSimone
Avalon Senior Member

My favorite color is purple and my favorite Dum Dum sucker flavor is Cream Soda.

How about you?
PilotSimone is offline   Reply With Quote