Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 10-15-2008, 07:47 PM   #151
2infinityandbeyond
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Indigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny View Post

In my opinion you are having trouble with who you are.
On the contrare i am trying to help show others who they really are. I know who i am, i know where i come from and i know where im going.
2infinityandbeyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:52 PM   #152
Jenny
Project Avalon Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2infinityandbeyond View Post
On the contrare i am trying to help show others who they really are. I know who i am, i know where i come from and i know where im going.

Projection..is a weird thing.

helping others is a very good therapy for one's own probems.

I do not condem that ..........MARK MY WORDS! NB.

In my experience and opinion the one seeing a problem, feeling a problem and wanting to help others with likewise problems...MAY be helping him/herself in the first place and in the meantime help others.

It is a two way therapy.

Jenny

Jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:00 PM   #153
2infinityandbeyond
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Projection..is a weird thing.

helping others is a very good therapy for one's own probems.

I do not condem that ..........MARK MY WORDS! NB.

In my experience and opinion the one seeing a problem, feeling a problem and wanting to help others with likewise problems...MAY be helping him/herself in the first place and in the meantime help others.

It is a two way therapy.

Jenny
I choose to help people because i know the value of being helped myself.

Of course, i have my own problems. Lots of them. But their not spiritual problems, just physical ailments.

But when i help someone else i do it for them. I do it so that when my time comes to depart this world i can look back on my life with pride that i made a difference from someones life. And i just LOVE to make people smile, its like a drug to me and i cannot explain it to someone who is not wired this way. Feels like trying to explain color to a blind man.

When i was a young child before i had lost my innocence and the spiritual essence i carried into this world i often went into the chemist with my mum. Every time i would go in the chemist would always offer me a lollypop. I would tell him "only if you give me on for my brother too" .. It wasnt long before i found out my brother done this also, except he kept the extra lollypop for himself. Yet, even though i knew this i would always keep getting him one regardless.
Why? I dont know, i get pleasure from seeing people smile.

And just because i have confidence and see myself for who i really am does not mean i am elitist. I dont feel superior to anyone. I do however feel that everyone would benifit from feeling this way, which is why i do what i do.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:07 PM   #154
Jenny
Project Avalon Member

Looking back on your life with Pride is an ego thing .

Jenny

Jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:12 PM   #155
2infinityandbeyond
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

Jenny
No its not.

I do not understand this logic, could you elaborate please.

Ahh so now ego is the enemy, some aspects of so called "ego" are not bad. For a person to feel pride in helping others is not egotistical. It is self respect and shows a profound respect for others.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:24 PM   #156
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

I have to butt in here, I'm sorry Jenny but you are wrong about this ego thing, and 2IAB is right. And Jenny you're reading way to much into the label thing. If all the road signs were the same shape and size then how would you know what to do unless you label them.If you had soup cans with no labels how would you know what was in them. Labling is a way to differentiate things, not make something better or worse.And how is talking about your youth an ego problem? There is a differense between pride and ego.

Last edited by Dantheman62; 10-15-2008 at 09:45 PM.
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:46 PM   #157
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Ahh so now ego is the enemy, some aspects of so called "ego" are not bad. For a person to feel pride in helping others is not egotistical. It is self respect and shows a profound respect for others.
I get a sense of joy for helping others, I feel no sense of pride whatsoever.
And sorry but the latter is the ego.
Your lack of knowledge about the inner and outer workings of the mind is
causing much harm, even though it's not your intention. I think this is the third
time I brought it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
I have to butt in here, I'm sorry Jenny but you are wrong about this ego thing, and 2IAB is right.
Can you maybe elaborate a little more then that... lol?
Quote:
And Jenny you're reading way to much into the label thing. If all the road signs were the same shape and size then how would you know what to do unless you label them.If you had soup cans with no labels how would you know what was in them. Labling is a way to differentiate things, not make something better or worse.
Sorry but you are not looking into it deep enough.
And your examples are pointless as you are comparing man made physical objects to us. I already pointed out the danger of the labeling in this thread beforehand so I won't say it again.

Quote:
And how is talking about your youth an ego problem?
Doesn't that depend wholly on what is is that the person is saying?
Phtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:12 PM   #158
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

I don't need to elaborate more, she's wrong and he's right, simple. Labels are just simply a way to differentiate things, human or not. I would take pride in helping a little old lady across the street and feel the joy also. I don't think looking back on your life with pride is an ego thing. Don't get me wrong now, I'm really a cool person and don't mean anything personal by this at all, just my two cents, and now I'm out of money,LOL!

Last edited by Dantheman62; 10-15-2008 at 10:18 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:14 PM   #159
Circlewerk
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

Jenny
Accurate observation, Jenny.

I thought I'd add a page from A New Earth here, to better break down the "ego" from an objective, educated point of view.
And because I couldn't have said it better myself.

" Most people are so completely identified with the voice in the head-the incessant stream of involuntary and compulsive thinking and emotions that accompany it-that we may describe them as being possessed by their mind. As long as you are completely unaware of this, you take the thinker to be who you are. This is the egoic mind. We call it egoic because there is a sense of self, of I (ego), in every thought-memory, every interpretation, opinion, viewpoint, reaction, emotion.
This is unconsciousness, spiritually speaking. Your thinking, the content of your mind, is of course conditioned by the past: your upbringing, culture, family background, and so on. The central core of all your mind activity consists of certain repetitive and persistent thoughts, emotions, and reactive patterns that you identify with most strongly.This entity is the ego itself.
In most cases, when you say "I," it is the ego speaking, not you, as we have seen.
It consists of thought & emotions, of a bundle of memories you identify with as, " Me & my story," of habitual roles you play without knowing it, of collective identifications such as nationality, religion, race, social class, or political allegiance.
It also contains personal identifications, not only with possessions, but also with opinions, external appearance, long standing resentments, or concepts as yourself as better than, or not as good as others, as a success or failure.

The content of the ego varies from person to person, but in every ego, the same structure operates. In other words: Ego's only differ on the surface. Deep down, they are all the same. In what way are they the same? They live on identification & separation.
"
Circlewerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:16 PM   #160
2infinityandbeyond
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phtha View Post
I get a sense of joy for helping others, I feel no sense of pride whatsoever.
And sorry but the latter is the ego.
Your lack of knowledge about the inner and outer workings of the mind is
causing much harm, even though it's not your intention. I think this is the third
time I brought it up.

Pride can mean many things, it only takes a quick glance at the dictionary to realise this.
When i say pride im refering to this definition ;

pride :

2. Pleasure or satisfaction taken in an achievement, possession, or association:

-not- this ; 5. An excessively high opinion of oneself; conceit.

There are many different meanings to many of the words in the english dictionary. You cannot argue a point on one word unless you are aware of the definition that was intended.

And you will also notice that the words 'pride' and 'joy' are very much intertwined ;

Joy :

To take great pleasure; rejoice.

Notice the similarities?

Remember, before embarking on an argument you should first make an effort to understand what definition was intended when it was incorporated into a conversation.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:27 PM   #161
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Clap,clap,clap.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:27 PM   #162
2infinityandbeyond
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Sorry but you are not looking into it deep enough.
And your examples are pointless as you are comparing man made physical objects to us. I already pointed out the danger of the labeling in this thread beforehand so I won't say it again.
Ok, i can only make my point clear by using metaphors ;

Labeling cans is different from labeling people, this much goes without saying for labeling the latter has much broader consequences some of them negative but you must not forget that some of them are also positive.

We do not label someone who is black a .. you know what, i dont wish to say it.
And the reason we do not do this is because it shows a complete lack of respect towords the person you are labeling. And this indeed causes friction.

Now there are instances where labeling is acceptable. If we did not label people with skitzophrenia then we would not be in a conveniant position to treat these people.

Now, your telling me that the use of labels is dangerous. This is a massive generalisation. Its close to saying driving cars is dangerous and we should not do it. There are some instances where driving a car can be dangerous but not always. And the pro's of driving a car far outweigh the cons.

I am saying that labeling people under certain circumstances can be benificial. Are you really saying that this is not true.

This subject is far more vast then to just throw a generalisation around it and call it dangerous. We are all adults here and are aware of the consequences of how we use our words and in what context.

Intent is the key word here.

- You may be a moderator here but that does not mean you are always right. Wether 18 or 80 we grow old as soon as we stop learning.

I would like to discuss this with you further, but i dont appreciate you stamping your opinion as if it is law. I am an adult and i will use labels and generalisations where i feel they are constructive. You telling me i cannot do this is a true sign of ego.

Last edited by 2infinityandbeyond; 10-15-2008 at 10:31 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:33 PM   #163
Circlewerk
Avalon Senior Member

Whatever you learn through psychoanalysis or self-observation is about you. It is content, not essence. Going beyond ego is stepping out of
content (Indigo).
Knowing yourself is being yourself, and being yourself is ceasing to identify with content.

With loving energy~
CW
Old 10-15-2008, 11:44 PM   #164
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Pride can mean many things, it only takes a quick glance at the dictionary to realise this.
When i say pride im refering to this definition ;

pride :

2. Pleasure or satisfaction taken in an achievement, possession, or association:

-not- this ; 5. An excessively high opinion of oneself; conceit.

There are many different meanings to many of the words in the english dictionary. You cannot argue a point on one word unless you are aware of the definition that was intended.

And you will also notice that the words 'pride' and 'joy' are very much intertwined ;

Joy :

To take great pleasure; rejoice.

Notice the similarities?

Remember, before embarking on an argument you should first make an effort to understand what definition was intended when it was incorporated into a conversation.
I'm not knocking the dictionary but it teaches the same stuff we learn in public de-education institutions, it only scratches the surface of things.
Its exoteric knowledge as opposed to esoteric.
Look those two words up if it pleases you,
because they pretty much explain the method of our manipulation to a tee.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:59 PM   #165
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circlewerk View Post
Whatever you learn through psychoanalysis or self-observation is about you. It is content, not essence. Going beyond ego is stepping out of
content (Indigo).
Knowing yourself is being yourself, and being yourself is ceasing to identify with content.

With loving energy~
CW
And the only way you can dissolve your ego is to walk the path of absolute Truth.
To get in tune with that voice that tells you what is wrong and what is right, in all aspects of your life.
Some call it Mother Nature, some call it The Divine, some call it Intuition.
Many names it has.

Some examples of more well known people who have dissolved their ego would be,
Ghandi, Mother Theresa, Bob Marley, and Jesus.
And many others who are not famous and whos names would be meaningless to you unless you met them.

Listen carefully now you will hear.
~Bob Marley

Last edited by Phtha; 10-16-2008 at 12:02 AM.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:06 AM   #166
2infinityandbeyond
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I'm not knocking the dictionary but it teaches the same stuff we learn in public de-education institutions, it only scratches the surface of things.
Its exoteric knowledge as opposed to esoteric.
Look those two words up if it pleases you,
because they pretty much explain the method of our manipulation to a tee.
My main point is this ; Human kind will not advance until they recognise that yes each one of us is different. It is not our differences that divide us, it is our lack of love and respect for one another that keeps us at war.
To say that we are all the same is to turn our backs to the truth. We are all different, but no person is in any way superior to another. They may be better, but that is something that should be recognised. I believe that if Jesus did walk this earth he was better then me, and i will strive to be like him.

But if i do not admit that he was a better person then me i would completely lack the incentive to work towords attaining his way of being.

To say that being positive and loving is not better then being negative and hatefull can be debated on many fronts.

Holding low vibrational emotions literally deteriorates the human body. This is how cancer and many other diseases are cultivated.

Love is a proven healer. We all know this, we know the bilogical and chemical changes we feel in our body when we feel love and acceptance. This is joy, and its an awesome feeling that makes us feel truly alive.

To say one is better then another is not to claim one is superior. If somone wishes to advance along with the flow of the universe then he must first recognise that which is better then him and take action in order to progress in this direction. Getting angry and defensive is only putting roadblocks in ones own path.

Each persons difference is an expansion unto ourselves and must be met with love and acceptance.

If there are indigos, and if they are more evolved spiritually then other people big deal. This should be recognised and they should be loved for their difference. And these people didnt come into this world to argue, they came to show everyone a better way of being.

But then again, history may not have changed much.

Anyone remember that guy named Jesus who tried to help everyone.. what happened him again..?

See my point. People dislike being told that they are responsible for not only their own lives but for everyone elses. We each influence at least 100 other people as we go through different stages of our lives. Its our responsibility to come to the awareness that we are not living up to our potential and only when we come to this realisation can we take the neccesary steps to change this so that we can become something better.

Labels are neccesary. Until we develop telepathic communication we must use labels. Every word that comes out of our mouth is a label. "His eyes are blue", i just used a label ('blue') to describe the frequency of light that reflects off 'his' eyes. Not only that but i used a label to describe the biological organ which is composed of millions of bacteria and mini organisms that gives him the ability to convert light energy into an image which in turn can be recognised by his brain.

Just because the eye can process light into images does not mean it is superior to the ear. It just means it is better at its job. And when both work together they become an effective form of navigation in this physical world.

Dont be arguing over indigos, aknowledge their existance and try too work with them.

Namaste
Old 10-16-2008, 12:19 AM   #167
Sherab
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
But when i help someone else i do it for them. I do it so that when my time comes to depart this world i can look back on my life with pride that i made a difference from someones life. And i just LOVE to make people smile, its like a drug to me and i cannot explain it to someone who is not wired this way.
It is really about you. If making others feel good didn't make you feel good, you wouldn't do it. So it is an ego thing. The second sentence in the quote is "I, my, I, I". It is a story you can latch onto about how great and wonderful you and your non-existent self are.

It is like a drug. The ego is always looking for the next fix, whether it's drugs, alcohol, or being "altruistic". They are all about "me" and making "me" feel better. This is why so many people burn out doing charity work. Eventually the "service" stops making them feel good, they stop getting their fix, and so the motivation to continue is lost.

And after having thoroughly reamed you, I would like to say that you are great and wonderful, but not because you make people smile. You are great and wonderful because you are god. There is nothing you can say or do that can make you less worthy of love and less deserving of all the wonderful things this existence has to offer.
Sherab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:44 AM   #168
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
- You may be a moderator here but that does not mean you are always right. Wether 18 or 80 we grow old as soon as we stop learning.

I would like to discuss this with you further, but i dont appreciate you stamping your opinion as if it is law. I am an adult and i will use labels and generalisations where i feel they are constructive. You telling me i cannot do this is a true sign of ego.
For the record I'm not a mod.
But this is precisely the problem with titles. People get judged differently because of them.
If it was my forum I would have no titles, everyone would be a user and that's it.
Because you are right, my word should
not hold anymore weight because of the title I bear. Unfortunately this more often
then not is not the case with people. This is the second time you brought up my title in
this thread which shows you fall into the category of the latter. Otherwise
it would be a non issue to you.

And pretty much all of what I said is not exactly my opinion, but rather
information gained from the study of the esoteric mysteries and alternative Histories.

I'm still learning like the rest of us.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:24 AM   #169
Circlewerk
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
And the only way you can dissolve your ego is to walk the path of absolute Truth.
To get in tune with that voice that tells you what is wrong and what is right, in all aspects of your life.
Some call it Mother Nature, some call it The Divine, some call it Intuition.
Many names it has.

Some examples of more well known people who have dissolved their ego would be,
Ghandi, Mother Theresa, Bob Marley, and Jesus.
And many others who are not famous and whos names would be meaningless to you unless you met them.

Listen carefully now you will hear.
~Bob Marley
I won't presume to know if those you mentioned were with, or without ego.
Or if they exercised their ego in their daily lives, as I was not there to observe their behavior consistently enough to know.
But I will say this..
When "Right and wrong" come into play, I am back in ego.
So instead of being attached to the thoughts & emotions that bring me to the conclusion that right & wrong have anything to do with anything, I am instead the awareness behind the thoughts & emotions.
Neutral, allowing, and free.

Peace,
CW
Old 10-16-2008, 02:54 AM   #170
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Wow you guys are really deep!,(phtha and Circlewerk ) can you say psych 101? I hope you're both making 6 figure incomes!, if not you missed the boat. I'm just messing with ya! Smile, it'll be o.k. Tell a joke, have some fun! I know the bluebird of happiness does occasionally poop on your head, hence my avatar. LOL!
Old 10-16-2008, 03:23 AM   #171
OceanWinds

Keep up the good work, its helping them. I notice that a couple are beginning to see...
Old 10-16-2008, 03:46 AM   #172
ForsakenFalcon
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

Jenny
yeh cause looking back on it with remorse and resentment is a WWEHHHHOOOLLLEEEEE lot better "cough"
ForsakenFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 05:38 AM   #173
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I won't presume to know if those you mentioned were with, or without ego.
Or if they exercised their ego in their daily lives, as I was not there to observe their behavior consistently enough to know.
You bring up a good point, it's possible to detect in others, once I learned what to look for. The people mentioned
would not have been able to accomplish what they did had they been in ego driven consciousness.
They would not have been able to speak with such conviction about their beliefs because they would be to busy worrying about what others are going
to think of them for 1 thing.
I would be surprised if their ego didn't play at least a small role in their personal lives though.

Their motivations, like any mystic masters, were certainly not ego driven.

Learning to identify the way people act under ego is also a perfect way to detect charltons or false prophets.

I can name many but don't want to open that can of worms.

Quote:
But I will say this..
When "Right and wrong" come into play, I am back in ego.
So instead of being attached to the thoughts & emotions that bring me to the conclusion that right & wrong have anything to do with anything, I am instead the awareness behind the thoughts & emotions.
Neutral, allowing, and free.

Peace,
CW
I agree, and from my experience a dishonest being can never hope to achieve
a relationship with that particular Awareness.

Quote:
Wow you guys are really deep!,(phtha and Circlewerk ) can you say psych 101? I hope you're both making 6 figure incomes!, if not you missed the boat. I'm just messing with ya! Smile, it'll be o.k. Tell a joke, have some fun! I know the bluebird of happiness does occasionally poop on your head, hence my avatar. LOL!
lol... hey... this is fun!
But your point is certainly true and well put.
Have fun and experience joy with everything you do.
Sometimes text won't come off that way.
I always loved these smilies because of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsakenFalcon View Post
yeh cause looking back on it with remorse and resentment is a WWEHHHHOOOLLLEEEEE lot better "cough"
And those were whose words?
Old 10-16-2008, 08:29 AM   #174
ForsakenFalcon
Avalon Senior Member

it may not be what she/he said directly but considering it's the complete opisite of there purposial statement I don't see many othere options on how to view ones self/experience/life

I much rather have pride over what I was mentioning thats for sure.
ForsakenFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:31 AM   #175
bowspearer
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
content (Indigo).

With loving energy~
CW

Part of that is being able to accept all parts of yourself positively, which last I checked, this thread was about- in particular, that the "freakboys" of this world are in fact different and positive ways and the fact that we are different is something to cherish, not to despair over.

See that's what all the "U R TEH YLIT SUK!" posters in here fail to grasp. Most of us who are indigos have known we were different from a very young age, not because of some smug sense of superiority, but because there were those in our lives who made damn sure we knew it clear as crystal in a way that we were made to feel 'less' because of it, to the point where many of us have no self esteem left by the time we've reached adulthood.

Let me ask you something, if fate handed the world a glut of special and gifted people whose reason for being here was to make the world a better place, would you want them helping others and showing others what really matters so that ideally everyone on the planet starts to finally get it right, or would you rather make them feel pathetic, worthless, useless and like they'd be doing the world a favour if they committed suicide?

Anyone who says that question is even slightly extreme is honestly completely and utterly ignorant of the situation, because it highlights the reality of things.

In short, are you going to be either a part of the problem or a part of the solution, because there is no middle ground!
bowspearer is offline   Reply With Quote