Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 11-14-2008, 05:36 AM   #1
MAP
Avalon Senior Member

Location: click sing along with me =) ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn0bgdsCxXE
Arrow Dismiss RFID 'Mark of the Beast' Lawsuit

Bush Administration: Dismiss RFID 'Mark of the Beast' Lawsuit
http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/200...dministra.html
The Bush administration on Thursday urged a federal judge to dismiss a lawsuit brought by a group of Amish farmers in Michigan claiming RFID chips required on cattle "are a mark of the beast."

The Amish farmers claim (.pdf) Michigan regulations requiring them to use radio frequency identification devices on their cattle "constitutes some form of a 'mark of the beast' and/or represents an infringement of their 'dominion over cattle and all living things' in violation of their fundamental religious beliefs," according to the farmers' lawsuit filed in September in U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia.

In response to the charges, the United States Department of Agriculture wrote (.pdf) Thursday that its RFID tagging program is a voluntary measure to help agricultural officials track bovine and other livestock diseases. The USDA said the lawsuit should be directed at Michigan, which adopted RFID requirements last year.

The case should be dismissed, the administration wrote, "because plaintiffs cannot establish that any rule issued or action taken by the USDA either mandates the use of RFID tags on livestock located within Michigan, or, conversely, prevents the Michigan Department of Agriculture from granting appropriate religious exemptions imposed by that department."

The farmers, however, contend the program is a USDA mandate because the Michigan law was adapted last year as part of a multi-million dollar, federally backed grant program to help eradicate livestock disease.

As radio frequency identification devices become a daily part of the electronic age, RFID technology is increasingly coming under fire for allegedly being the mark of Satan. The technology is fast becoming a part of passports, payment cards, locking devices and is widely expected to replace bar-code labels on consumer goods.

The Virginia-based Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund, a 1,400-member group, brought the case. Some of its members so staunchly oppose the program that "they may have to quit farming," according to the lawsuit.
MAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:58 AM   #2
KassandraLoves
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Dismiss RFID 'Mark of the Beast' Lawsuit

I just

R.eally
F.ind
I.t
D.umb

that they think ANY of us want to be chipped or will just say "sure. chip away buddy. Do i get a wowwypop after your done??"

I hope they do try and chip us all actually. Maybe itll ignite the fire within and we will actually start to tell the gubment to eff off and die.

OH, and WAY TO GO AMISH for bein bada$$es. Way to stand up to the man. heh heh heh...
KassandraLoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:12 PM   #3
freekatz
Avalon Senior Member

Unfortunately I think the majority of people will accept chips being put in them all the while bleating "I've got nothing to hide"

When the big boys finally decide they are going to do this we will be bombarded with stories of child kidnappings and elderly people getting lost, along with heroic tales of lives being saved due to chips. Once the machine starts up there will be no stopping it with the majority of people either trusting their government or being too scared to stand up and say "NO". If all else fails they will make it mandatory in children and won't allow them in schools without them (just like vaccines), parents who refuse will then be harassed by social services as unfit parents.

On the other hand maybe enough people will have the gumption to actually stand up and refuse it - this is what I'm hoping

Quote:
Originally Posted by KassandraLoves View Post
I just

R.eally
F.ind
I.t
D.umb

that they think ANY of us want to be chipped or will just say "sure. chip away buddy. Do i get a wowwypop after your done??"

I hope they do try and chip us all actually. Maybe itll ignite the fire within and we will actually start to tell the gubment to eff off and die.

OH, and WAY TO GO AMISH for bein bada$$es. Way to stand up to the man. heh heh heh...
freekatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:41 PM   #4
Operator
Avalon Senior Member

Hi,

Did you know that ALL cattle in the Netherlands have big yellow earmarks in both ears already (incl. barcode) for years now ?
Maybe it's in whole Europe (I don't know).

In the Netherlands people like to number and ID everything ... even all lampposts have a unique number.

I know what it will lead up to .... so I left ...

They are fanatic in chipping as much as well: passports, public transportation, paid (toll) roads coming soon etc.

Cheers

Operator is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rfid bush lawsuit