Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 03-16-2009, 02:39 PM   #26
Dr MAG
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Who were you in your previous life??

My first impressions of who I was in a past life began from an early age.

It was not a pleasant experience because I was filled with the unnerving sense of being a very big person in a very little girl's body (a bit like Alice in the Hatter's house). The next distinct impression was of the dismally thin fabric or veil between this so-called objective reality, and the other reality on the other side of the veil. The transparency was gossamer-like and why the situation was dismal was because there was nothing in the world of my parents and all the world of people inhabiting our lives who had any idea of what it felt like to live like that, and how could you tell them?

I became of aware of past lives because they presented themselves to me with force. My dilemma, then, was the many presentations simultaneously arising, and for which I had no vocabulary of translation except by way of impressions and emotions.

The multiple, simultaneous presentations, were experienced as the "all-at-onceness", coming from outside of present time reference. Indeed, I felt there was no distinction, difference, or even distance between myself as a small child in her nightie gazing up from her bed and the arc of the Milky Way and beyond. As such the timeline of the normal world was experienced as a rubbery reality ready to be burst upon by other experiences.

It took many years and quite some grief to sort this all out.

There is generally good reason for the blinds to be down over who or what we may have been. The entire history of the human race has had its moments; yet, there remains for every person incarnated on this planet, a sacrifice, almost, to exist in this three-dimensional world with its multiple potentials for acts of free will against the "divine discretion". That, by the way, is just a fancy way of saying, what is good for ourselves, each other, the planet (including the mineral world, the waters, the vegetation), and the creatures (animals, birds, fish, cetaceans etc) on it.

So who was I in my previous life? I lived in the mountains of Northern Iran. My present partner was my father and he was a medicine man and alchemist (actually all physicians in that country combined natural medicine, earth energy, astronomy, prior to the twentieth century, so it's no big deal). My mother had died; we lived a nomadic life. I was happy; it was a quiet, studious, spiritual existence; it was also a hiatus, a breather for me; I never married and found the mountain life simple and exhilarating.

Good question.

Just a couple of things to two previous writers:
For the one who is fearful of always dreaming he is fighting Germans in the war.

There are zones or "lokas" (Indian Sanskrit term) where the fights still go on (or bardos). Most of the soldiers fighting them have not left a very low realm of existence. They are dead, most of them, and don't really know it. They go on as if the war were still happening. Compare it to the isolated Second World War Japanese soldier on a Pacific Island still thinking the war is going on, when it is all over.

Or, to make it more inocuous, think of the Enid Blyton books on "The Faraway Tree". You know, the kids would climb the tree and never know what strange, scary or magical land may have landed and parked up in the clouds above the faraway tree. Up the kids would climb to their big adventures with giants, monsters, fairies, wizards and dwarves.
So just think of your dreams, in your conscious mind, like that, that you are just visiting these places where war "happens", and that these soldiers are not really real, and it will soon be over. You might then find when you enter these zones that suddenly you will crest a hill, plunge through the mist, and find you are on the other side, and that all those spectral soldiers are on the other. Then you can get into perspective that even if you were in those wars years ago, it is over, like a relationship you once had, and now you have the choice to move on. Slowly you will emerge out of those realms; you will notice a slow shift from total embeddedness and fear in the war-zone to a loosening connection, a distancing, as you do.
Try not to play too many war games on computer, too, ok?

To the author who felt the palms of her hands burning when she is meditating. That is friction in your energetic system. You have to unblock yourself. Walk in the sea. Have salt baths. Light a candle and run your palms over the flame (without burning them), and as you do, commit your heat, anger and frustration to the fire to consume the fire in you. Allow the fire to draw the fire out. Cool your hands in icy, salt water. Embrace nature and throw the past behind you like an old smock. In fact, burn the smock, metaphorically. Time to move on.

Last edited by Dr MAG; 03-17-2009 at 11:09 AM.
Dr MAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 03:14 AM   #27
Luana
Avalon Senior Member

I'm going to share a strange experience I had recently. I'm sitting in my American Literature class and the Professor is talking about William Faulkner. As she is going on about his life I had the most incredible feelings flowing all over my body, I mean really intense, almost orgasmic.

It made me think perhaps I could be him. I always felt that I was a walkin from the age of 7. I have no idea why nor do I know if this is the truth.

I continue to have those feelings when I think about it, not nearly as strong as the first time. I do feel there is something to this but I have no idea what.
Luana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 03:32 AM   #28
Carmen
Avalon Senior Member

Wow, Luana, great story. Now that's worth exploring further.

Love

Carmen
Carmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:10 AM   #29
Avalon Senior Member

I was Jesus in a past life.
246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:23 AM   #30
viking
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 246 View Post
I was Jesus in a past life.
Mmmm ok, and did you die on the cross??

viking
viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:35 AM   #31
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

777 The Great Work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:16 PM   #32
Dr MAG
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luana View Post
I'm going to share a strange experience I had recently. I'm sitting in my American Literature class and the Professor is talking about William Faulkner. As she is going on about his life I had the most incredible feelings flowing all over my body, I mean really intense, almost orgasmic.

It made me think perhaps I could be him. I always felt that I was a walkin from the age of 7. I have no idea why nor do I know if this is the truth.

I continue to have those feelings when I think about it, not nearly as strong as the first time. I do feel there is something to this but I have no idea what.
Hi Luana

Really interesting experience!
William Faulkner was an inspired writer.
On the day the experience happened, remember your college professor. Was he/she conveying the passion of Faulkner's work, the magic, the fluidity?
Look at the writer's themes for a bit: Faulkner was intense about the relationship of whites to blacks; Mississippi, the deep south, the music, the river, earth. You may be resonating to the spirit of the "place" and the "era" and also the truth Faulkner responded to and wanted to convey about life.

Faulkner wrote in "stream of consciousness style"— he had connection –body and being to the universal energy; what Reich might call the "orgone". In your class the ripples you felt through your body were resonance with the spirit of a great man and, behind that, with his energy, and the causes he followed, even though you may not know all of them yet. (Get to know his interests, intensities, you may find they are very important to you too.) Not only that, you will find there is an integrity to his essential spirit. Perhaps his kundalini was raised and you resonated with that!
Follow that!!

So, perhaps you weren't Faulkner, your being responded to the spirit of the man conveyed by another instrument (the teacher) and you connected to the pure vibration conveyed.
That is some measure of what we call pure genius, greatness.
You are on the right track.

Either way, you are fortunate to have a resonant being.
Please take care of it.
It is very precious.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:18 PM   #33
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking View Post
Mmmm ok, and did you die on the cross??

viking
Seriously, I dont remember my past lives. I've had strange dreams and daydreams. Like being a leader of a small village in Peru well before the Spanish came. I do strongly believe in reincarnation. I'm not afraid of death in any way. I think most people arent afraid of dying but they are afraid of going through the pain of dying. But I think it's just another cycle and we are the eternal spiral going up or down from one life to another.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:24 PM   #34
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr MAG View Post
Hi Luana

Really interesting experience!
William Faulkner was an inspired writer.
On the day the experience happened, remember your college professor. Was he/she conveying the passion of Faulkner's work, the magic, the fluidity?
Look at the writer's themes for a bit: Faulkner was intense about the relationship of whites to blacks; Mississippi, the deep south, the music, the river, earth. You may be resonating to the spirit of the "place" and the "era" and also the truth Faulkner responded to and wanted to convey about life.

Faulkner wrote in "stream of consciousness style"— he had connection –body and being to the universal energy; what Reich might call the "orgone". In your class the ripples you felt through your body were resonance with the spirit of a great man and, behind that, with his energy, and the causes he followed, even though you may not know all of them yet. (Get to know his interests, intensities, you may find they are very important to you too.) Not only that, you will find there is an integrity to his essential spirit. Perhaps his kundalini was raised and you resonated with that!
Follow that!!

So, perhaps you weren't Faulkner, your being responded to the spirit of the man conveyed by another instrument (the teacher) and you connected to the pure vibration conveyed.
That is some measure of what we call pure genius, greatness.
You are on the right track.

Either way, you are fortunate to have a resonant being.
Please take care of it.
It is very precious.
Another similar writer is James Joyce. Sometimes I feel that I think like he writes. Maybe I was Joyce in a past life. Or maybe that's just where I'm at now in this life.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:33 PM   #35
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Seriously, I dont remember my past lives. I've had strange dreams and daydreams. Like being a leader of a small village in Peru well before the Spanish came. I do strongly believe in reincarnation. I'm not afraid of death in any way. I think most people arent afraid of dying but they are afraid of going through the pain of dying. But I think it's just another cycle and we are the eternal spiral going up or down from one life to another.
Also, I think in my past life I was very spiritual and maybe a shaman. I used to have daydreams as a kid of being able to look at a stone or rock and thinking I could get any answer I wanted out of the rock just by meditating on the shapes, lines or cracks. This is well before I ever read anything about the 'rock shamans' of native north america who did this.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:22 AM   #36
Luana
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you Dr. Mag, that made alot of sense to me.

Today was the exam for literature, when I came to Faulkners writings I again got this chilling feeling, hard to explain.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:31 AM   #37
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

I have no idea who I was in a past life but if there's a way I can find out, I'd love to.

All I know is that I must have done some pretty messed up things to deserve a lot of the problems I've encountered in this life.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:38 AM   #38
Luana
Avalon Senior Member

That's funny HJ, I think alot of us feel the same way.

Life's been rough for many of us, but I manage to always put a smile on my face.

Lately it has been more genuine, I think alot of that has to be from finding all of you here at Avalon.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:57 AM   #39
giovonni
Avalon Senior Member

Question Re: Who were you in your previous life??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luana View Post
Thank you Dr. Mag, that made alot of sense to me.

Today was the exam for literature, when I came to Faulkners writings I again got this chilling feeling, hard to explain.
Hi Luana,
I to have memories associated with entering this plane as a walk in?
note;
When I think of William Faulkner> it brings the "Barton Fink"~ hollywood screenwriter/novelist writer's block thing too mind?

Do you have any past regression experiences?
Did you entered after the first incarnation left?
Did this child die or have a (nde) at the age of 7?

Chilling feeling's? Have you ever wondered, if you might of been one of Bill's Faulkner's former lover's in a another previous life? (gio)
giovonni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:30 AM   #40
Dr MAG
Avalon Senior Member

This is an edited email of a private discussion: the recipient graciously agreed for their questions to be passed over in case they are useful to you (and it is updated):

"What you said spoke very loudly to me. I've had those thoughts about reincarnation and responses, but not sure where to go with them. Tell me, what do you mean by resonate being? I guess what I'm wondering about is the way you speak of it."

This last hour I've looked at a couple of other threads and find that "resonant" is suddenly full-on in one of them and appears to be cropping up, suite suddenly, elsewhere. Never saw that before in my peregrinations round this forum. So maybe, the very idea is coming to fruit in the collective consciousness.

Having said that, it is not surprising what I said spoke "loud" to your personal consciousness [and unconscious]. That usually happens when something is the truth. You know it within. It just "is". Your conscious mind may play with ideas and your conditioning and cultural frameworks may put up various fights; and your cellular memory will even chip in and maybe revolt, while your eternal spirit (so to speak) will be trying to move you on.

So, where to go with these "thoughts"?

In the first instance, the old adage "follow your heart" is the start, always was and always will be.
(There are some caveats on that, but too long a story for now.)

You are wondering about "resonate being"....
Resonate, resonance follow in the same line.
To be honest, to use the term and believe in the idea of "resonance" does not always mean one is on the path of truth, not at all. Then again I am an incredible stickler for detail, so in line with the present conversation, bear with me.

Resonance is acoustic; there is a "ring" about resonance, i.e. what "rings true". So that feels on the right track, yes! Something speaking "loud" in you, and "resonance" each have acoustic reverberations.

This is the path inward, the spiral path.

With Faulkner's words, or take Herman Hesse, or Marija Gimbutas, for instance, resonating within you, you can feel like a bell struck, ringing, the echoes go on....

What does that mean. "Was I him or her in another life?
Did I live by the Mississippi or Hamburg? Was I even one of the blacks the writer befriended? Did I share a consoling glass of drink with him? Did he/she sleep with me?
Was it his/her eyes I remember? Was he me, or did I know him?
Or do I resonate with the "place", the actual locality, rather than the person? Is that it?

These is the kind of questions one may ask if they feel particularly attracted to a historical person and suddenly gets an idea they might have been him or her in another lifetime.

Words from writers, philosophers, great minds, while they are the linear expression of acoustic chords, they also do have the ability, through the genius and mastery of an artist, to express multivalience (perhaps multidimensionally and hence multilinearly, therefore time-hopping) truth about life. This is why you can hear something now or read about it, say, the Epic of Gilgamesh from 5000 years ago, and suddenly you are there in ancient Mesopotamia and being spoken to directly. Does that mean you were there? Or you were Gilgamesh himself, or Inanna, the goddess? Or is the echo of expression, curling through the aurall shell of time and space, overcoming distance and simply marrying you to the family of similar beings?

You don't know, you may have been a fish in the Persian Gulf that caught sight of the flash of a sandal...

To 246, you may not have been James Joyce, but just to resonate on a similar frequency he was on when he was writing will give you congruence with him. This is not about reincarnation though.

All this doesn't mean you cannot find out who or what you were— because you have been around before.

Just to finish this post off I will recount a story of a famous individual, still alive in Australia who came there from Europe as a young man. He was groomed, trained and crafted from a young boy in the occult which included very precise past life readings for people. Years ago, because of my research interests, and while sharing time with him, I asked him many questions. One of the things he said was that many people came to him expecting to be told they were famous people in history. He said usually the reverse proved true.

With recollections and study, this is so. One example concerns a member of the Renaissance Medici family of Rome. Now not everybody would want to have been one of them in a past life! But let's say, you were. And it dawned upon you as something terrible, nothing to feel smart about. And then you met someone at a festival or space/place and in the course of a conversation they said to you, "Oh, I was that ***Medici person in a past life" with a smug sense of satisfaction. How would you feel? Now there is two of you!

Getting back to the past life reader— He said to me he had met at least a dozen Cleopatras. And you probably know of a few Ra's and Amenhotep's yourself? Or a couple of Crowleys, or a Hitler? Without opening the subject area up to too wide an ambit, and this gets back to my earlier discussion in this thread, a person may or may not have been someone that they "resonate" powerfully to, or are attracted to.

If it has to do with a past life situation, a person who imagines they were Cleopatra, for instance, in that day and age, may have been anyone of hundreds of thousands of young Egyptian/Near-Eastern girls and women, who were anything from handmaidens, hairdressers or servants, to a person watching the litter pass by of the queen, and wishing with all their being that they were her. There was only one, however. The rest are subsumed into the archetype.

When it comes to past lives, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, do you really want to know? It can be a rocky road.

Sometimes you may really need to know.
Don’t try and jump the gun, however.
Go within; stay humble, honest, and very close to your heart-resonance, beyond the illusions.

It will work out.

This mail has grown. Thanks to viking for starting this thread. So long for now.

Last edited by Dr MAG; 03-19-2009 at 09:32 AM.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:11 AM   #41
viking
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks Dr Mag

Very interesting information... It really does beg the question do we really want to know??? As you eloquently say here..

Quote:
With recollections and study, this is so. One example concerns a member of the Renaissance Medici family of Rome. Now not everybody would want to have been one of them in a past life! But let's say, you were. And it dawned upon you as something terrible, nothing to feel smart about. And then you met someone at a festival or space/place and in the course of a conversation they said to you, "Oh, I was that ***Medici person in a past life" with a smug sense of satisfaction. How would you feel? Now there is two of you!
Also as we are approaching the time of great happenings. And the Golden age and our conciousness expanding...Will we be able to remember all our past lives??? The mind really does boggle hey?? I'll join you for a cuppa!!

Thanks again Dr for your generous input.

viking
viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 05:45 PM   #42
micjer
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
I have no idea who I was in a past life but if there's a way I can find out, I'd love to.

All I know is that I must have done some pretty messed up things to deserve a lot of the problems I've encountered in this life.
Here is a link for you if you are serious in wanting to know.
Quote:
Your Mind and Open Your Heart with Dr. Brian L. Weiss. In this fascinating and experiential program Dr. Brian L. Weiss will open unexpected doors into the astonishing realm of past-life regression as he guides participants through the process, step by step. Participants will take part in group past life regressions, experience visualization exercises, and meditations, and will learn various techniques to retrieve memories from past lives.
I Can Do It! 2009-Toronto - Friday All Day

Date: April 3, 2009
Sponsored by: Hay House
Format: Lectures & Events

http://www.brianweiss.com/index.htm

Dr. Brian Weiss has some very interesting info and has some seminars planned. There is a contact link on the website.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvsMj...om=PL&index=52

Last edited by micjer; 03-21-2009 at 05:52 PM.
micjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 01:50 AM   #43
Rainchild
Avalon Senior Member

I have a feeling that in my previous life I was a prisoner. of what kind I can't say.
Rainchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:04 AM   #44
Avalon Senior Member

I'm currently reading two excellent books on past lifes and reincarnation by Michael Newton. "Journey of Souls" and the 2nd one "Destiny of Souls". Both talk about how he regressed his clients hypnotically not only back in time to past lives, but also to the in between time in the spirit world where we all learn, grow and decide on the next life for ourselves. I't a fascinating read. They are available for sale on nomorehoaxes.com book store. (George Green's site). He gives subjects that have had hundreds of lives on earth, sometimes going back 70000 years! Often we need to work out karma from past lives. Often we set up difficult lives for ourselves so that we can learn and grow spiritually. The common goal of all of us is to grow, lending support and teaching others to do the same as we go. Some souls are new, just babies with only a few lives under their belt, but we are still all equal, all coming from the one creating source, and heading back to that source when we are finished reincarnating, teaching and helping others.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:19 AM   #45
micjer
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I'm currently reading two excellent books on past lifes and reincarnation by Michael Newton. "Journey of Souls" and the 2nd one "Destiny of Souls". Both talk about how he regressed his clients hypnotically not only back in time to past lives, but also to the in between time in the spirit world where we all learn, grow and decide on the next life for ourselves. I't a fascinating read. They are available for sale on nomorehoaxes.com book store. (George Green's site). He gives subjects that have had hundreds of lives on earth, sometimes going back 70000 years! Often we need to work out karma from past lives. Often we set up difficult lives for ourselves so that we can learn and grow spiritually. The common goal of all of us is to grow, lending support and teaching others to do the same as we go. Some souls are new, just babies with only a few lives under their belt, but we are still all equal, all coming from the one creating source, and heading back to that source when we are finished reincarnating, teaching and helping others.
Interesting.

Is there anything in there in regards to why some people end up blind, deaf or other disabilities. Is this related to karma? Also people in 3rd world poverty situations? How is it that you and I have so much yet many have nothing?

Also is there any mention of people seeing themselves as anything other than human? i.e. et, animal,

Dolores Cannon talks about a lot of pretty far out things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwaDUFjga1k

micjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:36 AM   #46
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by micjer View Post
Interesting.

Is there anything in there in regards to why some people end up blind, deaf or other disabilities. Is this related to karma? Also people in 3rd world poverty situations? How is it that you and I have so much yet many have nothing?

Also is there any mention of people seeing themselves as anything other than human? i.e. et, animal,

Dolores Cannon talks about a lot of pretty far out things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwaDUFjga1k

Yes, in one case in the book, one woman wanted to feel what it was like to be disabled, so at one point in her life she had an accident that crushed her legs. She knew before the life started when she reviewed her life in the spirit world what would happen to her. In fact she asked her spirit guide to help choose a life so this would happen. She learned to endure pain, become more studious with book learning (since she had a lot of time to herself confined to a bed) amongst other things. She chose a set of parents who also wanted the experience of dealing with a child they could devote a lot of energy to and care for. As a child she didnt know what would happen, since we all have a state of past life amnesia when we are born so it is easier to learn lessons and not be hung up on past mistakes from past lives. Also about living in the third world. What we think of as 'nothing' might be something special to someone else. In my own case I have adequate physical needs met and am comfortable, buy I go through psychological hell on a daily basis that seems to cancel out the positives. There's a great song by The Black Eyed Peas where one of the singers talks about growing up in one of the poorest sections of The Phillipines. He talks about how they survive on what they can by farming, fishing, catching food and helping each other out whenever they can. A real sense of community that is essential to survival. Maybe they have that, when we, who seem to have so much materially feel so isolated and alone in comparison.
As for reincarnating as different animals, The guy Newton who wrote the books I'm reading had not a single case of people being animals in past lives. However in some myths, like one of the celtic myths of the spirit Finnigan, that spirit had once been a salmon, living hundreds of years, also as a raven, swan and other creatures. Celtic, as well as other traditions are rich with stories of past lives as animals.