Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2008, 07:26 PM   #16
Heretic
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: User Chat Room for Project Avalon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John aka#404 View Post
Colin, please confirm my thoughts on this.

Everyone... as far as I know adding a new member chat area to the forum would cause a major slowdown of the forum.

This has been discussed since the onset of Avalon's creation and it is known that opening something like this up will do nothing but cause hosting server issues. If anybody has suggestions/experiences please provide to myself, Colin or Gareth.

Thank you Heretic for your IRC suggestion above.

Thanks

-John aka#404
well I cant take the IRC credit and praise, as that belongs to GaiaLove, but on behalf of GaiaLove I thank you

I think your right concerning the latency issues but it really depends on how much upstream the host here has

IMHO it would have to be another host or a better plan with Avalon's current provider to compensate

as far as it being another host, especially one that is designed for the loads chat rooms bring, a simple link on this site, and some proper decorations, you wouldn't even be able to tell you have left Avalon at all

I am sure there are people here more savvy than I am on this but if no one can enlighten us on this in a day or so I will do some research myself
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote