Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 05-15-2009, 06:54 PM   #1
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Default "The Cook Plan"

A bailout for the people...

Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 12:44 AM   #2
unlimited mind
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: "The Cook Plan"

a possible solution! thanks for passing this on.

here is his website http://www.richardccook.com/
unlimited mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:25 AM   #3
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: "The Cook Plan"

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashore View Post
:

Product Description
In the wake of this U.S. economic meltdown, the mainstream population faces four possible futures: 1. Adjust and accept diminished prosperity, in a life that includes two or three part time jobs, a perpetual job search in a declining economy, and the need to share housing with extended family or even strangers. And by the way, plan to join the underground economy. 2. Jump on the bandwagon of a new international war! Hey, World War II got us out of the post1929 depression, why not try that strategy again? 3. Prepare for chaos in the streets and a rightwing response of martial law and the suspension of our core doctrine the Bill of Rights. or 4. Join a real and positive revolution to reform a broken monetary system, rebuild our public infrastructure, and develop an income assurance strategy that gives everyone a chance at a future that provides for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs. Thomas Jefferson, writing to the Secretary of the Treasury in 1802

About the Author
Richard C. Cook is a government analyst who, after thirty-two years in government service, retired from the U.S. Treasury Department in January 2007. While at the Carter White House, Cook began his study of monetary reform. During his twenty-one years with Treasury, he continued his study of U.S. monetary history, analyzed Treasury financial and administrative programs, and developed and taught training programs on public finance. In February 2007 he wrote the first of a series of essays that predicted the brutal economic landscape of Summer 2008.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:49 PM   #4
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

I see something to look forward to on his blog today:

June 29: New Book Planned

Having returned to Maryland from a vacation trip to the Blue Ridge Mountains of Southwest Virginia I have started work on a new book. The subject is meditation and spiritual development. I will not be leaving my interests in public policy and monetary reform behind. These topics will be incorporated into The Salem Project which is described elsewhere on the website. But it’s now time for me to focus on my deep and longstanding interest in the spiritual side of the human condition. In my writings I have tried to make the point that the way we conduct ourselves in the world of economics and business should reflect spiritual values such as the Golden Rule. To discover and live by those values therefore must become our primary task. Please stay in touch as I embark on the next phase of my journey. Things could get interesting!
Old 11-28-2009, 11:39 PM   #5
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Richard C Cook has posted an article on his blog dated November 23, 2009 about "The Cook Plan" entitled "The Economic Crisis and What Must Be Done."

It gives the history of how we got to where we are today, and then explains what we need to do to achieve monetary reform.

Here is the portion of the article about what we need to do:

Rather the key is monetary reform, whether at the local or national levels. People have lost control of their ability to earn a living. But change could be accomplished through sovereign control by people and nations of the monetary means of exchange.

This control has been stolen. It is time to take it back. One way would be for the federal government to make a relief payment to each adult of $1,000 a month until the crisis lifted. This money could be earmarked for goods and services produced within the U.S. and used to capitalize a new series of community development banks. I have called this the “Cook Plan.”

The plan could be funded through direct payment from a Treasury relief account without new taxes or government borrowing. The payments would be balanced on the credit side by GDP growth or be used by individuals to pay off debt. It would be direct government spending as was done with Greenbacks before and after the Civil War without significant inflation.

Another method increasingly being used within the U.S. today is local and regional credit clearing exchanges and the use of local currencies or “scrip.” Use of such currencies could be enhanced by legislation at the state and federal levels allowing these currencies to be used for payment of taxes and government fees as well as payment of mortgages and other forms of bank debt. The credit clearing exchanges could be organized as private non-profit regional currency co-operatives similar to credit unions.

These would be immediate emergency measures. In the longer run, sovereign control of money and credit must be returned to the public commons and treated as public utilities. This does not mean exclusive government control to replace bank control. As stated previously, it would be done in partnership between government and private trade exchanges. Nor does it mean government takeover of business, industry, or the banking system, though all should be regulated for the common good and fairly taxed.

This program would lead to a new monetary paradigm where money and credit would be available by, as, when, and where needed, to facilitate trade between and among legitimate producers of goods and services. In this way trade and commerce will come to serve human freedom, not diminish it as is done with today’s dysfunctional partnership between big government trillions of dollars in debt and big finance with the entire world in hock.

Such a change would be a true populist revolution.

Old 11-28-2009, 11:52 PM   #6
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seashore View Post
Richard C Cook has posted an article on his blog dated November 23, 2009 about "The Cook Plan" entitled "The Economic Crisis and What Must Be Done."
At the conclusion of this article it states:

"Richard C. Cook is a former federal analyst who writes on public policy issues. He is an advisor to the American Monetary Institute on its model monetary reform legislation soon to be introduced in Congress."

There is another thread about this monetary reform legislation entitled "Urgency of the American Monetary Act."

Does anyone know who might be planning to introduce this legislation in Congress?
Old 12-05-2009, 07:24 PM   #7
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Here is the accompanying blurb for a YouTube video entitled "The Cook Plan - Richard C. Cook on Economics 101":

A veteran economic analyst and former Project Manager at the U.S. Treasury, Richard C. Cook joins us to discuss his "Cook Plan" to resuscitate the economy. We also discuss monetary reform and his new book We Hold These Truths: The Hope of Monetary Reform. For more information please visit his website:

http://www.richardccook.com/

Here's the video:

Old 12-07-2009, 04:02 PM   #8
Kundaflower
Avalon Senior Member

Dear Seashore,

I am so happy to found Cooks ideas here !
If you are hardcore in this i may recommend works by Ellen Brown, C.H.Douglas and Michael Rowbotham which are quite similar as Cooks but with some modifications..

Personally i think that creating money and controling it by same powers
are really the biggest issue we should face as humanity.

We need urgently change our worldwide monetary system and there has been
really good alternatives to present day mumbojumbo economy in history, unfortunately they all have been pressed down by no others than our banking
familys and their a..lickers..

With their power to create money and deside who will get it has twisted
our society in a unpeasent way.

About economic democracy...

Idea is take money creating power away from privite banksters
and do it by sovereign coverments it self.
This money would be intrest free and lessens to need for taxing people
so much.
Banks could continue lending money but only for against real savings
in bank.

Money that coverment creates would be used its infrastructure running and paying citizens monthly dividend as money or as vouchers according Cook.
Idea is secure peoples buying power regardless will they work or not.
This is really big issue for some to swallow...

So there are many really great things we can do to better our society
for people to be more free to express their creative human nature...

I know that many countries people are awakening in economic matters
as part of general awakening and awareness that run in our planet.
We have here in Finland started Economic Democracy movement (as in many other contries have ) and the idea is increace general knowledge how economy really works and by doing so start to make difference....

Love and peace
Kunda
Kundaflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 04:31 PM   #9
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kundaflower View Post
Dear Seashore,

I am so happy to found Cooks ideas here !
If you are hardcore in this i may recommend works by Ellen Brown, C.H.Douglas and Michael Rowbotham which are quite similar as Cooks but with some modifications..
I'm familiar with Ellen Brown. C.H. Douglas and Michael Rowbotham are new names for me. I will look them up.

Quote:
Personally i think that creating money and controling it by same powers
are really the biggest issue we should face as humanity.
I think you're absolutely right! It isn't for the love of money at all. It's the fact that it's needed for survival and the people, not private bankers, need to be in control of it.

Quote:
We have here in Finland started Economic Democracy movement (as in many other contries have ) and the idea is increace general knowledge how economy really works and by doing so start to make difference....

Love and peace
Kunda
I would be interested in hearing more about your Economic Democracy movement in Finland.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:03 PM   #10
Kundaflower
Avalon Senior Member

Dear seashore,

Well, we are a group of people who started Finlands economic democracy movement out of public need that was here. Some years ago a Finnish economist Lars Österman started to keep a noise about the need of economic
reform in our monetary system and enough people get intrested.

So 10.10.2009 we registered Economic Democracy movement here in Finland and ever since we have kept growing noise here.
Example this saturday we have in Helsinki (Finlands capital) a program which is meant for people intrested and so on...

Since there is a need of education we have also started web.page
and are collecting material there as well as our youtube channel.
You could say that as a movement we have just started......

Our present day monetary system and people behind it are really
like the Wizards of Oz since they are never in headlights and news
only their patchys are.

Monetary system is not so difficult to understand as "experts" and "authoritys" try to make us belive.
Fact that how money is created and thus controled is not teached in schools
and universitys except for small minoraty of people who take the precent day practice as a natural law of nature. There is nothing wrong here they say !

But there is...

Ups and downs in economy are not natural phenomen like summer and winter,
They are orchestrated by monetary wizards to buy something valuable with
penny and move real wealth to their pocet.

Anyway, so much to say but i like to keep it simple..

Here is our link page...you found C.H.Douglas page there and so on...
(this page is temporay... and mainly Finnish..)

http://talousdemokratia.webs.com/apps/links/

Love and peace
Kunda
Kundaflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:13 PM   #11
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: "The Cook Plan"

Quote:
Dear seashore,

Well, we are a group of people who started Finlands economic democracy movement out of public need that was here. Some years ago a Finnish economist Lars Österman started to keep a noise about the need of economic
reform in our monetary system and enough people get intrested.

So 10.10.2009 we registered Economic Democracy movement here in Finland and ever since we have kept growing noise here.
Example this saturday we have in Helsinki (Finlands capital) a program which is meant for people intrested and so on...

Since there is a need of education we have also started web.page
and are collecting material there as well as our youtube channel.
You could say that as a movement we have just started......

Our present day monetary system and people behind it are really
like the Wizards of Oz since they are never in headlights and news
only their patchys are.

Monetary system is not so difficult to understand as "experts" and "authoritys" try to make us belive.
Fact that how money is created and thus controled is not teached in schools
and universitys except for small minoraty of people who take the precent day practice as a natural law of nature. There is nothing wrong here they say !

But there is...

Ups and downs in economy are not natural phenomen like summer and winter,
They are orchestrated by monetary wizards to buy something valuable with
penny and move real wealth to their pocet.

Anyway, so much to say but i like to keep it simple..

Here is our link page...you found C.H.Douglas page there and so on...
(this page is temporay... and mainly Finnish..)

http://talousdemokratia.webs.com/apps/links/

Love and peace
Kunda
This is absolutely fantastic!!

I have a suggestion for you.

Under the "Global Ground Crew Networking" sub-forum, start a thread for "Finland" and tell the world all about this! Maybe people in other other countries will follow your lead!
Old 01-20-2010, 04:51 AM   #12
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlimited mind View Post

here is his website http://www.richardccook.com/
His website has posted this:

"Check out the new website for the local currency system in Roanoke, Virginia at www.OurNokies.org"

In my opinion, the concept of local currency is very exciting!
Old 01-20-2010, 01:29 PM   #13
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

"How Can Localities Cope if the Dollar Crashes?"

"This entry was posted on Wednesday, January 20th, 2010
at 6:58 am and is filed under Richard Cook Blog."

Richard Cook

Read the Article
Old 01-20-2010, 06:26 PM   #14
5thElement
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Seashore - thank you for this information. I have added Mr. Cook's website to my list of favorites.

I have been reading The Coming China Wars by Peter Navarro - written in 2006 but pretty spot on.
http://www.totalpicture.com/shows/bi...r-navarro.html

Mr. Cook and Mr. Navarro both stress the importance of local production and local buying. Where I live it has become increasingly difficult to purchase locally made products (except for food). The only local manufacturing we have is cabinet making - sad how things have changed so much in the past 20 or so years.

I am making it my New's Year's resolution to try and rectify this and spread the awareness.

El
5thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:40 PM   #15
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thElement View Post
Hi Seashore - thank you for this information.
You're welcome.

Quote:
I have added Mr. Cook's website to my list of favorites.
Yeah I love the fact that he's focusing on solutions!

Quote:
Mr. Cook and Mr. Navarro both stress the importance of local production and local buying.
I'm really glad they're speaking out about this. It seems that this is what it means to be autonomous - in control of our own destiny.

Quote:
except for food
It's good that you have this one; it's the most important one.

Quote:
I am making it my New's Year's resolution to try and rectify this and spread the awareness.