Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 10-19-2008, 07:40 AM   #1
droid56
Avalon Senior Member

Default Should I turn off my computer, too?

I have almost said good-bye to what my tv has to offer. I'm addicted to what my tv tells me, but I know it is a type of drug. I have stopped watching all forms of drama and comedy on my tv, but I am still viewing some sports, and some news and documentaries.

The sports are only a diversion, and the news and documentaries are clearly biased. I believe that a portion of the news and documentaries is worth watching, but the rest is a waste of time.

I'm almost ready to pull the plug on my remaining tv content.

The question I am asking is whether I should cancel my internet?

I've learned a lot by exploring the internet "truth" sites, but it's kind of depressing dwelling on the negative scenarios described on these sites.

By reading these sites, I have come to the conclusion that evil, powerful people are cooperating with selfish ETs in a plan that doesn't feature the liberation of the human species.

I'm definitely alert to these evil plans, but should I continue to visit internet sites that speculate about the latest moves of the evil ones?

I think I have discerned the array of possible threats. Continuing to hear people express what is about to go wrong places me in an anxious mood.

Should I turn off my computer, too?
droid56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 08:06 AM   #2
100thmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Should I turn off my computer, too?

Quote:
I think I have discerned the array of possible threats.
"A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of thinking."

I'd say no, but I'm not in your situation.
If it's giving you stress then maybe. I just see it as one of the greatest blessings in history.

You don't have to visit the negative sites...

...and you also don't need to believe everything you read either.
You could see it all as just 'possibility', and just about anything is a possibility. After all look at what came of the 'certainty' surrounding the whole Oct. 14th thing...
even the Oct. 7th thing, or the Y2K thing.

Who knows, 2012 could be the same...

Last edited by 100thmonkey; 10-19-2008 at 08:09 AM.
100thmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 08:23 AM   #3
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

When i see a negative post ( sometimes for the sake of negativity) I don't read it. I used to read them but somehow, quite naturally ,I'm not drawn to such commentaries any more. I concentrate on positive because this is what I'm like.
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 08:41 AM   #4
Circlewerk
Avalon Senior Member

I've had that thought as well, then I had my clarity.
This is an opportunity for me to detach emotionally from all the writers, and all that I read, and instead, be the energy behind my own eyes, taking it in as nothing more than information that may or may not prove beneficial in my next moment.
I take none of this personally.
And I end up grateful for the information that does in fact confirm my next logical step, whether the topic is survival supplies or propaganda, meditation or differing perceptions.
I do not attach emotionally to the content of a thread, or the potential result.
It is an opportunity to stop believing, and instead, go within.
By employing critical thinking, I am able to catch myself getting stuck on someones view point, and I can also observe my ego & conditioned soul reacting enough to cause a physical reaction in my body.
Remaining centered is my responsibility, and coming here can act as an opportunity to remain in unconditional observation.

The only person who knows the answer to your question is you.
And only you can decipher if the answer you get is recycled or authentic.

Sweet Peace~
CW
Circlewerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:18 AM   #5
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgundia View Post
When i see a negative post ( sometimes for the sake of negativity) I don't read it. I used to read them but somehow, quite naturally ,I'm not drawn to such commentaries any more. I concentrate on positive because this is what I'm like.
Exactly. I am trying to avoid sites with nothing but negative stuff (a good example is your local Craigslist rant and rave) and it works 50-50. I'm still drawn to certain threads due to a need to correct others, which I need to work on.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:44 AM   #6
Steve_G

I know what you mean as I've thought the same thing a few times, especially over the last month. I've let myself get dragged into pointless arguments and ego conflicts and it's annoyed the hell out of me.

But that's about me, not what I'm reading. It's shown me areas I need to work on in myself, so on the whole it's a good thing. Live and learn.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:13 AM   #7
JohnWdoe
Avalon Senior Member

It is going to take time for us to all work and walk together if we stick to it anything can become possible.

What is our goal? is it to spread truth? yes it is but it is also to create a brighter future for our children and some.

When it comes down to it everyone of us could get along in real life i guarantee that! If i could see all your faces it would cleanse alot of the ill vibes and over all bitching, i don't think id turn anyone of you away.

The real Avalon people -' non real ,bots,agents and god knows what, point being you guys all have something special, information is opening but you all took the step to be here in a new paradigm.
JohnWdoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 02:18 PM   #8
theserpent
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by droid56 View Post

I think I have discerned the array of possible threats. Continuing to hear people express what is about to go wrong places me in an anxious mood.

In some time we should all turn off the computer and come together, outside, inside, where ever in the world we are.
It's not because there is a bad diagnosis that we should ignore it, neither should we overlook its possible treatments, especially when those, instead of make you back to your old self, will make you and our brothers better and happier humans.

ALso, don't forget that looking into these secret things, we are actually taking a look into a boiling magma, a sphere of possibilities, there is not ONE WRITTEN PLAN that everybody agrees to and will follow blindly. For example, the recent shift in awareness is not taken into account within the plan.
And there are LOADS of things we dont know about either.

If you feel anxious, take time off and build a small pyramid to see how it works, or build a free energy magnetic engine, listen to Miriam Bluestar advise with the seeds, plant a garden or some flowers, create something anything positive and let the ideas flow.....
theserpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 02:36 PM   #9
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

I for one will not turn off the internet if alone just to be connected to amazon.com, ebay, craig's list, google, skype so I can call freely to all my friends around the world, instant reference through google so I can find out about gardening, the latest medical research, the world's earthchanges, what is going on in the financial world... the internet is the library to the rest of the world.

If you don't want to read depressing news go to Martha Steward's website... or pick out some areas of keen interest and fun and hang out there. As I see it, on the internet one can easily choose whatever they wish to view and have an interactive experience as compared to the passive experience of just watching TV.
Old 10-19-2008, 03:22 PM   #10
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theserpent View Post
If you feel anxious, take time off and build a small pyramid to see how it works, or build a free energy magnetic engine, listen to Miriam Bluestar advise with the seeds, plant a garden or some flowers, create something anything positive and let the ideas flow.....
This is great advice. There's no better remedy for negativity than doing something positive. I once had a very wise friend who said, "When life gets really rotten, go scrub someone's floor." What she meant was that when we act in service to others, we forget our own problems.

As for negative sites, I avoid negativity for its own sake, but I don't shy away from unpleasant information. I know my strengths, and it is from them that I make my approach.
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 03:38 PM   #11
CosmicFever

There must be good and evil to create balance. Too much of one creates stagnation and too much of the other creates destruction.

peace,
julie
Old 10-19-2008, 03:49 PM   #12
clydebuilt
Avalon Senior Member

I have got rid of my TV about 4 years ago and do not miss it one bit and we all now sit a talk more, the inernet is the only place I can find out the truth of what is happening by visiting the correct sites for that information...
clydebuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 04:17 PM   #13
giovonni
Avalon Senior Member

Greeting's to all,
From my perspective, the author's thread question, is answered by the qualifying posted responses. Communication is key to discernment. Stay pugged in for as long as you can. The pug most likely, will be pulled for all of us, sooner or later. My best to all giovonni

"When you let your attention waver, however, you may often fall into a state in which you momentarily perceive glimpes of another alternate present. The whole self, the soul knows of its reality in all such systems, and you, as part of it, are working towards the same state of self-awareness and development." seth
giovonni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 04:35 PM   #14
Kahunamahalo
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I have almost said good-bye to what my tv has to offer. I'm addicted to what my tv tells me, but I know it is a type of drug. I have stopped watching all forms of drama and comedy on my tv, but I am still viewing some sports, and some news and documentaries.

The sports are only a diversion, and the news and documentaries are clearly biased. I believe that a portion of the news and documentaries is worth watching, but the rest is a waste of time.

I'm almost ready to pull the plug on my remaining tv content.

The question I am asking is whether I should cancel my internet?

I've learned a lot by exploring the internet "truth" sites, but it's kind of depressing dwelling on the negative scenarios described on these sites.

By reading these sites, I have come to the conclusion that evil, powerful people are cooperating with selfish ETs in a plan that doesn't feature the liberation of the human species.

I'm definitely alert to these evil plans, but should I continue to visit internet sites that speculate about the latest moves of the evil ones?

Why not make your own decision?
Kahunamahalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 07:01 PM   #15
Draconis
Avalon Senior Member

While I've come to the realization I spend way too much time in front of a monitor, I'm not going to throw away the baby with the bathwater. The computer as well as the internet definately has its benefits. How else would we come together here on this forum, only to turn off the computer for good and close any possibility to find others or new and interesting things.

I guess it boils down to moderation in all things.
Draconis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 08:16 PM   #16
Baggywrinkle

One of the biggest reasons to go to college has nothing to do with the formal education you receive there. It is the
interaction with people and ideas that you never would
have encountered otherwise. Military service does the same thing in a different cultural context.

Television is like a guided tour at disneyland. You only see what they want you to see. The internet is more like
trekking alone off the beaten path. Yes, there be dragons
off the edge of the map. You are still watched, data mined, and spun. But the flip side of the coin is being so
provincial that you cannot see beyond your own fence.

The internet in it's present form is worth the risk. When internet two comes online like Direct TV; 500 channels and nothing on. Then I'll be gone. If I want drama I'll watch my chickens interact in the barnyard.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:27 PM   #17
abstractvisions
Avalon Senior Member

The thing in common that TV, radio and newspapers have is advetisement. After every 15 minutes of watching the television or listening to the radio you will be reminded how worthless you are unless you buy their product. In February, when everything goes to digital, 'THEY' will know exactly what you are watching and what you are listening to.

Three years ago I turned all of these off in my home. The first month was hell because of withdral, but I discovered how free I am. No one to lead me around by pushing violence and other negative things into my face.

Certainly every move you make on the Net is traced, but there is software that scrambles your internet location so that you are almost invisible.
abstractvisions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:54 AM   #18
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Time for a little levity?

To Maintain a Healthy Level of Insanity

1. At Lunch Time, Sit In Your Parked Car With Sunglasses on and point a Hair Dryer At Passing Cars. See If They Slow Down.

2. Page Yourself Over The Intercom. Don't Disguise Your Voice.

3. Every Time Someone Asks You To Do Something, Ask If They Want Fries with that.

4. Put Your Garbage Can On Your Desk And Label It 'In.'

5. Put Decaf In The Coffee Maker For 3 Weeks. Once Everyone has Gotten Over Their Caffeine Addictions, Switch to Espresso.

6. In The Memo Field Of All Your Checks, Write 'For Smuggling Diamonds'.

7. Finish All Your sentences with 'In Accordance With The Prophecy.'

8. Don t use any punctuation

9. As Often As Possible, Skip Rather Than Walk.

10 . Order a Diet Water whenever you go out to eat...use a serious face.

11. Specify That Your Drive-through Order Is 'To Go.'

12. Sing Along At The Opera.

13. Go To A Poetry Recital And Ask Why The Poems Don't Rhyme.

14. Put Mosquito Netting Around Your Work Area And Play tropical Sounds All Day.

15. Five Days In Advance , Tell Your Friends You Can't Attend Their Party Because You're Not In The Mood.

16. Have Your Coworkers Address You By Your Wrestling Name, Rock Bottom.

17. When The Money Comes Out of The ATM, Scream 'I Won!, I Won!

18. When Leaving The Zoo, Start Running Towards The Parking lot, Yelling, 'Run For Your Lives, They're Loose!!

19. Tell Your Children Over Dinner. 'Due To The Economy, We Are Going To Have To Let One Of You Go.'
Old 10-20-2008, 08:18 PM   #19
zorgon

Quote:
PULL THE PLUG...

Then join me back in Medieval days...

No more stress... and if the world goes to Hades..

Well we will be ready
Old 10-20-2008, 08:26 PM   #20
zorgon

Quote:
Originally Posted by End_Times012 View Post
. I'm still drawn to certain threads due to a need to correct others, which I need to work on.

Yes that need... never fully understood that...

I see people on ATS with names like Savior of the Real and other such 'defenders of right'

So how do they know they are right?

But the need is there Its an addiction... gotta post save someone from falling pray to a cult... gotta post make sure they know the aliens are coming...

Yup works on both sides

I think most have forgotten how to interact socially outside THIS box.

Perhaps that is THEIR plan all along... the opiate of the masses...

You're looking for mind control? Your right in the middle of it... and you came here willingly...

Now then look into the flashing light....

Then stare into the wormhole

Now then what were you saying?

Old 10-20-2008, 08:27 PM   #21
Orion Morris
Avalon Senior Member

HAHAHAHA

Good work Carol...
I love laughing at my desk all alone and then having the class turn around and look at me like I am some sort of skitso.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
Time for a little levity?

To Maintain a Healthy Level of Insanity

1. At Lunch Time, Sit In Your Parked Car With Sunglasses on and point a Hair Dryer At Passing Cars. See If They Slow Down.

2. Page Yourself Over The Intercom. Don't Disguise Your Voice.

3. Every Time Someone Asks You To Do Something, Ask If They Want Fries with that.

4. Put Your Garbage Can On Your Desk And Label It 'In.'

5. Put Decaf In The Coffee Maker For 3 Weeks. Once Everyone has Gotten Over Their Caffeine Addictions, Switch to Espresso.

6. In The Memo Field Of All Your Checks, Write 'For Smuggling Diamonds'.

7. Finish All Your sentences with 'In Accordance With The Prophecy.'

8. Don t use any punctuation

9. As Often As Possible, Skip Rather Than Walk.

10 . Order a Diet Water whenever you go out to eat...use a serious face.

11. Specify That Your Drive-through Order Is 'To Go.'

12. Sing Along At The Opera.

13. Go To A Poetry Recital And Ask Why The Poems Don't Rhyme.

14. Put Mosquito Netting Around Your Work Area And Play tropical Sounds All Day.

15. Five Days In Advance , Tell Your Friends You Can't Attend Their Party Because You're Not In The Mood.

16. Have Your Coworkers Address You By Your Wrestling Name, Rock Bottom.

17. When The Money Comes Out of The ATM, Scream 'I Won!, I Won!

18. When Leaving The Zoo, Start Running Towards The Parking lot, Yelling, 'Run For Your Lives, They're Loose!!

19. Tell Your Children Over Dinner. 'Due To The Economy, We Are Going To Have To Let One Of You Go.'
Orion Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:20 PM   #22
steveyg
Avalon Senior Member

Yes, you worry too much and need to get out more.
steveyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 12:51 AM   #23
cantaloupe
Avalon Senior Member

Whatever kind of screen you're looking at, certain things happen. Some perceptual capacities are heightened, others are almost shut down, blood is pooling in your rear end etc. I don't think this way of tuning one's consciousness is particularly healthy. I got rid of my tv and don't miss it but spend more time here, though not nearly as much as watching the tube. Choose your content wisely. Just because it isn't being brought to you by an ad agency doesn't mean it's good content. The luxury that is the net requires something of you if you are to benefit from it. For those of us who grew up in front of the tv, me included, that can be a tall order. My advice, ditch the tv, you won't miss it after a while and rein in the computer. Good luck
cantaloupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:04 AM   #24
sunny D
Avalon Senior Member

take time off and build a small pyramid to see how it works, or build a free energy magnetic engine, listen to Miriam Bluestar advise with the seeds, plant a garden or some flowers, create something anything positive and let the ideas flow.....[/QUOTE] Thanx S...Thats how I see things too...! I try to have long walks with with my dog and look at the trees and water and let the wind blow my head clear.....Namaste
sunny D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 01:16 PM   #25
Swanny
I dont need a label !

I still watch the F1, I love that and will watch it till the end.
Fonejacker makes me laugh and Heroes is great, I wonder if that's someone's vision of the future when the DNA changes.

So as long as we have F1 I will keep my tele

It's not all bad, there are good things on as well as the ****, you just need to filter it.
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote