Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 02-18-2009, 07:08 AM   #1
oldpaganfreak
Avalon Senior Member

Question how are canada's finances looking?

in light of all the recent news about many u.s. states going broke and the american governent in increasing debt, i was wondering how canada's finances stacked up. are our pensions secure? are our services affordable?
inquiring minds wish to know.
oldpaganfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:17 AM   #2
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: how are canada's finances looking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpaganfreak View Post
in light of all the recent news about many u.s. states going broke and the american governent in increasing debt, i was wondering how canada's finances stacked up. are our pensions secure? are our services affordable?
inquiring minds wish to know.
Darn, I was hoping you would have some answers on this...been wondering the same thing. Canadian government is very tight lipped on our economy, which is somewhat worriesome. We hear so much about the US and Britain, that it makes me wonder if we are sitting ducks here.
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:10 PM   #3
chitty
Avalon Senior Member

Almost like the govt. doesn't want us to know
chitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:21 PM   #4
NorthernSanctuary
Avalon Senior Member

I saw on the news recently that the export to China of fertilizers and raw material was increasing, believed to be due to the stimulus package in China. So at least some part of the economy is picking up.
NorthernSanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:24 PM   #5
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

We are beginning to see small things take place . In hospitals they are closeing wards here in Orangeville , Pediatrics and Phyiso are both slated to go In Owen sound some nurses aids were on strike and as soon as the contract was settled they let a bunch go . I expect things to go welfare, Unemployment Insurance , old age security, even our free health care will eventually be chopped and all the time Our politicians will refuse to cut any of their benefits or wages . The revolution won`t be pretty but it will happen. One of the benefits we currently enjoy is the fact we have a resource based economy . when the NAU comes into play I expect we will lose that advantage and end up like eastern Europe did where the Soviets raped those countries taking whatever they wanted

Last edited by Northern Boy; 02-18-2009 at 04:28 PM.
Northern Boy is offline   Reply With Quote