Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 02-12-2009, 08:38 AM   #1
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Default The Coming Great Depression ~ Why Government Is Powerless

Martin Armstrong: The Coming Great Depression

Armstrong Economics
The Coming Great Depression
Why Government Is Powerless

It is frustrating to read so many comparisons of our current situation with 1929 while watching policy be set-in-motion to create spending on infrastructure. Everyone has their hand out looking for a bailout like a bunch of street burns pleading for money so they can get drunk or stay drunk. Almost nothing of what I have read is close to being accurate. The scary part is depressions are inevitably caused by politicians who may be paving the road with good intentions, but are relying upon analysis so biased, we do not stand a chance.

Article Continues Here: http://www.kenkleinproductions.net/F...rica_s/84.html

Excerpt:

Quote:
It looks like someone forgot to tell the US equity markets that they were supposed to be "stimulated" by passage of the $825 billion and rising "stimulus" plan approved by the Dems in Congress last evening. Then again perhaps investors looked at the plan and were not "stimulated" by its details since all those digital TV's that it gives away money for are not made in the US but overseas. I did want to let the readers know that I sent in an invoice to the feds in the amount of $25,000 requesting a direct payment to me personally so that I could purchase a really nifty 4 wheeler that comes with a built in cooler for hauling cold drinks on those outings in the great outdoors. I will let you know when I get the check so that you can also apply. I am not worried about the cost because when I am gone from this planet I will be leaving it to my kids since they, along with their grandkids, will end up being the ones that are paying for this anyway.
peaceandlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:56 AM   #2
Mercuriel
Avalon Senior Member

Thumbs up Re: The Coming Great Depression ~ Why Government Is Powerless

I'm with Ya Holmie...

Mercuriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:07 AM   #3
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The Coming Great Depression ~ Why Government Is Powerless

I'd rather fight this depression with optimism than doom and gloom.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:38 AM   #4
Dominic
Avalon Senior Member

I am not fighting it. I am enjoying every day seeing the old way crumble.

This must happen to expose the truths.

Peace
Dominic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:35 AM   #5
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
I am not fighting it. I am enjoying every day seeing the old way crumble.

This must happen to expose the truths.

Peace
I agree Dominic, the truth will set us free.

without experience, there is no knowledge
without knowledge, there is no wisdom
without wisdom, there is no peace
without peace, there is no love
without love, there is fear
where there is fear
ignorance rules

The following is from the website: http://peacelovekindness.org/ignorance.html

There's at least a couple of kinds of ignorance: the ignorance that we recognize and the ignorance that we don't recognize. Ignorance that we don't recognize is generally harmful and another cause of suffering; after all, when we believe that we know something, we can no longer learn more about it. Conversely, ignorance that we recognize is potentially beneficial.

First, let's specify the kind of ignorance we're talking about. The ignorance we're interested in here is not something like the ignorance we all have regarding most subjects. Most of us are completely ignorant of nuclear physics, for instance. Here instead, we're interested in our ignorance of our daily life. How do we behave, why do we believe what we do, that sort of thing.

Why is this ignorance important? Simply, if we are ignorant of our behavior and the foundation of our beliefs, we miss our chance to eliminate most of the causes of our suffering. If we are unhappy but persist in the same behavior, we are likely to remain unhappy. It is only through watching ourselves and finding the ultimate causes of our unhappiness that we can have a chance to reduce our suffering.

I liked the following excerpt from this website also:

http://www.hermes-press.com/ignorance.htm

It is only if we understand ignorance in this light that we can feel its deadly force. Ignorance is not some harmless lack of the opportunity to gain information. It is, as Plato says, a fundamental corruption in which "all evils are rooted." In today's world, as has happened throughout man's past, we have the misfortune to see our culture being steadily destroyed by persons who are not only ignorant but whose ignorance has steadily corrupted them to the point of evil.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men.”

Plato
peaceandlove is offline   Reply With Quote