Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 05-26-2009, 07:23 PM   #1
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Default There are things that just don't add up...

Hi Everybody,

From time to time things happen that suprise us all. Today for me was no exception.

The sudden leap on the Dow Jones just made my eyebrows raise upwards, so far that they almost reached the back of my neck.

This morning I woke up to North Korea testing new missiles and the hangover of some General on Fox News yesterday threatening an all out war on the nation.

After two days slamming the oriental short stop, the media seems to have frgotten something, there has only been throughout the whole of history one nation to actually use a bomb so destructive, but that's another story.

So there I was having my breaky watching the mainstream economic experts saying that the futures on the Dow were in negative territory because of the fracas and other national economic problems.

So, the only conclusions I can reach are that the 'experts' haven't a clue and are just having a stab in the dark, or something else is behind the rally. What is it that made the 'investors' open their wallets and throw their money into the Dow with such force?

Ideas?

Best regards,

Steve
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 07:30 PM   #2
sleepingnomore

Default Re: There are things that just don't add up...

Didn't you get the memo? It's all rigged.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:35 PM   #3
Jnana
Avalon Senior Member

This is pure speculation: the stock markets don't just reflect investor mood, they are used to control the mood of the general population (with so many with 401Ks tied up in it now). Getting the mood elevated is important in order for the next big slam to have maximum effect. In short, we're being jerked around.
Jnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:04 PM   #4
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

I posted the following on Friday in another thread(Time to Be Afraid):

Just a thought...I looked at a chart...and the Nasdaq is getting close to the 200 day moving average...which is steeply descending. If the price rises above this 200 MA...it will form an extended double top pattern...at the end of an extended bear market rally. There could be a downward shove from this MA. One scenario could be a rally at the beginning of next week(after a small initial decline into the 50 MA)...followed by a plummet which tests the previous bottom...especially if it is precipitated by a major negative news event. BankUnited failed yesterday in Florida...and this was a major closely watched event. Could this be a tipping point? Will we see more failures in the coming weeks?

I just made this BS up. I'm broke and don't really know what I'm talking about...so do your own research. Listen to people like Jim Rogers. George Soros has been known to be right. He was right about the October plummet. Insider information can make a man look like a genius. I think that the stock market is incredibly corrupt...and we might be better off without it. I think that puts me on the lunatic fringe. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:22 PM   #5
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

i remember george green explaining that they can move the stockmarket up and down at will with only a small percentage playing the game..i forget which interview it was.. he was basically saying something about the plunge protection team and how they only need to trade a relatively small amount of specific stock to bounce the markets
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:26 PM   #6
Tango
Avalon Senior Member

Watch....... China's Action.... They have it over our head's...

Leverage..... USA did it to Europe; years ago...

NOW.... The same program is being run on America..... Now....

HOLD ON, Nelly, She's heading for the pea patch.... [bump, bump, bang..]

Tango
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:43 PM   #7
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

If you control the media...and own a couple of trading floors with billions of dollars to play with...you can move the market whichever way you choose...especially with contrived events timed to coincide with critical technical patterns.

Consider the following link as possible evidence of a corrupt financial system: http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13996

This sort of thread doesn't receive a lot of views or comments. I'm thinking that we may not ascend if we don't deal with the mess here on Earth. I like the idea of focusing on the positive and increasing one's vibratory frequency...but properly managing Earth may be the 'open sesame' to the vast universe beyond.

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 05-26-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:25 PM   #8
sleepingnomore

Alll it takes is a few movers and shakers to position their holdings and the market either soars or plummets. I stopped watching the daily influences after the Presidential election. Everytime Paulson or George Bush held a press conference, no matter what the news, it plummeted. I became convinced then that their timing was puposely planned for buying and selling of certain stocks.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:48 AM   #9
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

NEW YORK (AP) -- Consumers are getting more confident about the economy, and Wall Street is tagging along.

Stocks surged Tuesday, posting their first big win in a week after a research group said consumer sentiment rose in May to the highest level since September. Major stock indicators jumped more than 2 percent, including the Dow Jones industrial average, which added 196 points.

The day's gains nudged the Standard & Poor's 500 index back into the plus column for the year and leaves the Nasdaq composite index up 11 percent in 2009. The Dow is still down 3.5 percent.

Investors started buying enthusiastically after the Conference Board's Consumer Confidence Index vaulted to 54.9 from 40.8, soaring past the 42.3 that economists surveyed by Thomson Reuters forecast.

Wall Street has been watching the index for signs of whether consumers might start shopping more or buy big-ticket items like cars and homes. Spending by consumers makes up more than two-thirds of U.S. economic activity, making their confidence critical for the nation to pull out of recession.

"The consumer confidence figure is one that no one really pinned a lot of hopes on as going higher," said Jim King, chief investment officer at National Penn Investors Trust Co. With unemployment still high and expected to go higher, many market watchers thought the mood on Main Street would remain gloomy.

Traders saw green on their screens on the first day back from a long weekend but the compressed week could still trip up the market. Data are due on home sales as well as the economy's overall output in the first three months of the year, and investors will be eyeing General Motors Corp. as its June 1 restructuring deadline approaches.

The Dow rose 196.17, or 2.4 percent, to 8,473.49. The S&P 500 index rose 23.33, or 2.6 percent, to 910.33, and the Nasdaq rose 58.42, or 3.5 percent, to 1,750.43.

Analysts said the day's gains reveal how jumpy the market still is and warned that it could show a similar quick reaction to bad news.

"What we see is lot of nervous money on the sidelines so it's sort of this game of chicken when people don't want to be left out of a more sustained rally," said Chris Cordaro, chief investment officer at RegentAtlantic Capital LLC.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Stocks...-15351505.html
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:38 AM   #10
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi Dantheman62,

This article doesn't cut it for me. It's too ambiguous. Who is the research group? How much higher went consumer confidence? Which part of the economy was stronger (housing, cars, electro-domestics etc.).

Do you remember the interview between Jon Stewart and Jim Cramer? The interview has been removed by Youtube, but can be seen at the following link: http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/in...ited-interview

Basically what Cramer said was that the market is rigged by the short sellers by creating rumours to try and manipulate the market, just as the article does.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
NEW YORK (AP) -- Consumers are getting more confident about the economy, and Wall Street is tagging along.

Stocks surged Tuesday, posting their first big win in a week after a research group said consumer sentiment rose in May to the highest level since September. Major stock indicators jumped more than 2 percent, including the Dow Jones industrial average, which added 196 points....

Last edited by Steve_A; 05-27-2009 at 10:44 AM.
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:27 PM   #11
pyrangello
Avalon Senior Member

Did you ever hear anyone say confusion is good, in business it can be a good thing where you can make tons of money from confusion, it can also go the other way where you can loose too.

Confusion also creates chaos sometimes, Such as the market, lets say everyone's hopes are getting higher now because of this rally, but just as the one guy said on the radio this morning, unemployment is still expected to rise into next year. Am I missing something.

Or when congress approves all this money , and then in the next breath after the money is approved our president comes out and says all this spending is unsustanable ?? WHAT??

Or this memorial day weekend, President Obama praised our vets current and past as the best of the best, then a few weeks ago Napalitano says that vet groups are dangerous??? Am I missing something.

How about the air force one photo in the sky, who made that decision, it created panic?? Mission accomplished on that one.

All I'm saying is our all these things designed to create chaos with people in their lives. I feel we are being tested, our will is being tested and our patience. If the market goes up and then crashes this fall how upset are many that are invested going to be, is that by design too.Did by this upswing of buying low and taking investors for another ride only to see it crash once again and wipe out another wave of money intentional. What are they saying now, 4 trillion worth worldwide. There does seem to be an emotional swing to the market but I don't put much stock in that. , just my 2 cents what do you think??
pyrangello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:55 PM   #12
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

It seems to me that the news media uses various news stories to move the market...and also to give a news reason for purely technical moves. I think that we would all be shocked if we could listen into the private Wall Street conversations. There have been documented conversations where analysts were privately trashing the stocks which they were publicly recommending to an unsuspecting general public. I love us all dearly...but we really are sheeple. Unfortunately...some of us are wolves.

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 05-27-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:37 PM   #13
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_A View Post
Hi Dantheman62,

This article doesn't cut it for me. It's too ambiguous. Who is the research group? How much higher went consumer confidence? Which part of the economy was stronger (housing, cars, electro-domestics etc.).

Do you remember the interview between Jon Stewart and Jim Cramer? The interview has been removed by Youtube, but can be seen at the following link: http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/in...ited-interview

Basically what Cramer said was that the market is rigged by the short sellers by creating rumours to try and manipulate the market, just as the article does.

Best regards,

Steve
I agree Steve, and yes I remember the interview between Jon and Jim, which was great.
I basically posted it to show that it was BS, but the bottom two sentences kind of explain the volatility of the market.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:56 PM   #14
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrangello View Post
Did you ever hear anyone say confusion is good, in business it can be a good thing where you can make tons of money from confusion, it can also go the other way where you can loose too.

Confusion also creates chaos sometimes, Such as the market, lets say everyone's hopes are getting higher now because of this rally, but just as the one guy said on the radio this morning, unemployment is still expected to rise into next year. Am I missing something.

Or when congress approves all this money , and then in the next breath after the money is approved our president comes out and says all this spending is unsustanable ?? WHAT??

Or this memorial day weekend, President Obama praised our vets current and past as the best of the best, then a few weeks ago Napalitano says that vet groups are dangerous??? Am I missing something.

How about the air force one photo in the sky, who made that decision, it created panic?? Mission accomplished on that one.

All I'm saying is our all these things designed to create chaos with people in their lives. I feel we are being tested, our will is being tested and our patience. If the market goes up and then crashes this fall how upset are many that are invested going to be, is that by design too.Did by this upswing of buying low and taking investors for another ride only to see it crash once again and wipe out another wave of money intentional. What are they saying now, 4 trillion worth worldwide. There does seem to be an emotional swing to the market but I don't put much stock in that. , just my 2 cents what do you think??

what do i think pyrangello ... i think what you think ...

i am feeling more and more the energy of confusion intentionally created ...

the puppeteers i feel are toying with us and it feels much denser ... agendas of their own survival ...

hype us up ... dumb us down ... create economic and financial confusion ... watch us spin ... afterall ... aren't we just sheeple ...

perhaps though ... not the sheeple they bargained for ...

futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:11 PM   #15
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

So much for the gain yesterday, LOL, it's all just a game.

NEW YORK (AP) -- Wall Street's rally is going back on hold as investors worry about how much the government is borrowing.

Stocks turned lower Wednesday afternoon, sending major indexes down about 1 percent, after trading mixed earlier. Prices for the benchmark 10-year Treasury note slumped, driving its yield up to 3.66 percent from 3.55 percent late Tuesday.

The drop in bond prices came after a Treasury auction of $35 billion in five-year notes, part of the $101 billion in debt the government is issuing this week.

Traders said that while the auction itself was strong, investors are speculating that demand could weaken as the government issues massive amounts of debt to fund its financial and economic rescue programs.

In addition to raising borrowing costs for the government, rising yields on Treasury debt could hamper an economic recovery since they are used as benchmarks for certain consumer loans such as home mortgages. Higher rates on those kinds of loans could prolong a recovery in the battered housing market.

"Stocks are following bonds," said John Brady, senior vice president of global interest rate products at MF Global. "Will the economy grow and expand vigorously in the face of sustained higher interest rates?"

Stocks had been jittery after a big advance Tuesday. General Motors Corp. said not enough bondholders agreed to swap their debt for company stock, meaning the automaker is almost certainly headed for bankruptcy protection.

GM has until Monday to either finish restructuring outside of court or file for Chapter 11. The announcement dampened the mood of investors who had grown more optimistic about the economy after an upbeat snapshot of consumer confidence fanned the rally Tuesday.

"While consumer confidence looking forward is improving, the reality is the economy is still very weak," said Alan Gayle, senior investment strategist at RidgeWorth Capital Management.

In late afternoon trading, the Dow Jones industrial average fell 107.52, or 1.3 percent, to 8,365.97. The broader Standard & Poor's 500 index fell 9.83, or 1.1 percent, to 900.50, and the technology-laden Nasdaq composite index fell 9.56, or 0.6 percent, to 1,740.87.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Slumpi...-15360914.html