Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 04-16-2009, 05:18 AM   #1
giovonni
Avalon Senior Member

Arrow China's foreign exchange reserves at $1.954 trillion

China foreign exchange reserves at $1.954 trillion.
Apr 11, 8:07 AM (ET)

BEIJING (AP) - China's central bank said Saturday that its foreign exchange reserves rose 16 percent year-on-year to $1.9537 trillion by the end of March.

China's reserves, already the world's largest, increased by $7.7 billion in the first quarter - $146.2 billion less than the same period last year, the People's Bank of China said in a notice on its Web site.

That rise was substantially less than the fourth quarter increase of almost $45 billion, according to China's official Xinhua News Agency, showing the impact of slowing exports due to the financial crisis.

In March, the reserves increased by $41.7 billion, it said, $6.7 billion more than the same period last year.

Analysts believe China holds up to 70 percent of its foreign reserves in U.S. dollar-denominated assets, including Treasury securities.

China's reserves have ballooned as the central bank buys up dollars generated from its huge trade and influx of foreign investment.

While China's economy has slowed due to a plunge in trade and a slump in the domestic real estate industry, recent data show the drop eased in March.

Beijing has taken steps to hold down the price of exports by cutting taxes on exporters and stopping the rise of China's tightly controlled currency, the yuan, against the U.S. dollar. Economists say both steps could strain relations with trading partners if China is seen to be competing unfairly.

Western leaders including British Prime Minister Gordon Brown are pressing for China to contribute to a global bailout fund from its reserves.

Exports fell 17 percent in March from a year earlier, the fifth straight monthly decline but less severe than February's 25.7 plunge, the sharpest in a decade, the customs agency reported Friday. It said trade "showed clear signs of improvement."

Imports fell by 25.7 percent, widening the Chinese trade surplus to $18.6 billion from February's $4.8 billion gap.

original article pulled here;
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20090411/D97G8G300.html
giovonni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:30 AM   #2
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Default Re: China's foreign exchange reserves at $1.954 trillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by giovonni View Post

Western leaders including British Prime Minister Gordon Brown are pressing for China to contribute to a global bailout fund from its reserves.
Ok we completely messed up our economy so can we have some of your money?
If I was China I would say "Feck off!!"
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:53 AM   #3
lemon69
Project Avalon Researcher

Default Re: China's foreign exchange reserves at $1.954 trillion

if i was china id say yea no worries,but i want land title for surity, then after 6 months and no repayments being made id take the 30 million single bored men i have sitting about causing problems and walk them into the usa to take the land we owned ,
lemon69 is offline   Reply With Quote