Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 04-02-2009, 08:30 PM   #1
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Question U.S. Could Face Second Recession Next Year

??????

U.S. Could Face Second Recession Next Year

Thu Apr 2, 2009 5:37am EDT

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Although the U.S. economy is expected to return to growth later this year, there is a danger of a second recession if monetary easing and a weak dollar leads to increased inflation expectations, a report said on Wednesday.

Massive stimulus spending and moves by the Federal Reserve to fuel economic activity is expected to jump-start the anemic U.S. economy in the last quarter of this year after it contracted 6.3 percent in fourth quarter of 2008.

But the Fed's moves to boost the economy by slashing interest rates and buying up billions in government debt could have undesired consequences, The Conference Board, a private research group, said in the report.

"If the United States experiences a too-rapid recovery, there may be a risk of another recession in 2010," said Bart van Ark, vice president and chief economist of The Conference Board.

"It may fuel expectations for a return to inflation, adding to the uncertainty concerning the pattern and path of economic recovery," he said.

The U.S. economy has the potential for a "double-dip" recession, Van Ark noted, similar to 1980 and 1982, as commodity prices rise on the back of a falling dollar and monetary easing.

He added, however, that the likelihood of this scenario taking place is small as deflation risks are great, while government stimulus spending should stem further economic decline and ease the flow of job losses.

The U.S. economy could contract by 2.6 percent in 2009, the largest annual decline since 1946, the Conference Board said.

Source: http://www.campaignforliberty.com/wire.php?view=3816

Please see comments below article at webpage above.

Here is one of them:

And here it is! See! All we need to do is change the rules around a little bit and Voila! Recovery in the bag. This is where the groundwork for the second recession is being laid. Don't be fooled by this snake oil, simple accounting tricks won't end this depression any more than 'stimulus' will.
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20090402/D97A9NC03.html Article starts below.

World markets surge as US data boost recovery hope

Apr 2, 7:04 AM (ET)

By JEREMIAH MARQUEZ

HONG KONG (AP) - World stock markets soared Thursday, with Hong Kong's benchmark vaulting more than 7 percent, as stronger-than-expected U.S. economic figures boosted confidence the world's largest economy is on the mend.

Huge gains in Asia and a strong open in Europe followed an overnight surge on Wall Street and extended last month's rebound in world equity markets amid tentative signs of stabilization in the hard-hit global economy and banking industry. It came as Group of 20 leaders met in London for a summit that aims to hammer out policies to combat the economic slump and reform the global financial system.
peaceandlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:15 PM   #2
alyscat
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: U.S. Could Face Second Recession Next Year

If you follow Elliot Wave theory, we're due for a big run up in the markets, back to the 10,000 level, and then another drop, which will take us down to 3k or even less. I knew absolutely nothing about economics until I started reading Urban Survival, and although I'm certainly not going to claim any sort of REAL knowledge, I can sure see the correlation in the charts.

Honey, this thang ain't over yet.

alys
alyscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:56 PM   #3
pyrangello
Avalon Senior Member

Ya I agree with YsCAT , urban survival, a high up guy at a huge investment house who is a friend, the markets gonna run hard til october , Due to the momentum change of the stimulas money, the IMF backing all the good stuff like going trick or treating during holloween here in the states, for the one night you run from house to house as a kid and collect as much candy as you can. Then in a few months the candy is gone and the sugar buzz is slowly going away, then reality sets in. Thats exactly where the market is heading.
This is just my opinion too, but the positive side of all of this is how much more resolve and spiritual we are becoming because of all of these tests.

And because we are being tested we are also going back to whats the most important thing we have here on earth , family, friends, and each other, helping one another. Just when you thinks its all bad , theres much good happening in all the right places at that point.

Don't fear the future , that is only a frame of mind that doesn't exist . Walk into the future with understanding that whatever is thrown at you will be dealt with and executed on your level , not those who choose to impose their will on us.
pyrangello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:37 PM   #4
chitty
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyscat View Post
If you follow Elliot Wave theory, we're due for a big run up in the markets, back to the 10,000 level, and then another drop, which will take us down to 3k or even less. I knew absolutely nothing about economics until I started reading Urban Survival, and although I'm certainly not going to claim any sort of REAL knowledge, I can sure see the correlation in the charts.

Honey, this thang ain't over yet.

alys
I follow Georges' daily as well. Good read.
chitty is offline   Reply With Quote