Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Ufology

Notices

Old 06-10-2009, 05:31 PM   #1
sno dome
Avalon Senior Member

Default what could this be?

on monday i saw some great looking clouds and took some pictures. after i got the pictures on my pc i see something from one of them that i cannot identify. i am looking for some opinions if anyone has a good eye for this or works with imaging programs. maybe you will be able to see something i am missing to easily ID this thing.

this is where to look

full size image here (3648x2736 2.04MB)
sno dome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:05 PM   #2
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Default Re: what could this be?

Looks like a plane to me???
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:20 PM   #3
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

I clicked on the full size image link and it looks like a plane, because you can kind of see wings, but I can't make out a tail section.
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:23 PM   #4
sno dome
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
Looks like a plane to me???
i thought so too and still think you could be right.

it is just my camera usually resolves a jet as a jet. jets reveal jet-like features if i work the contrast and sharpen the image a bit. i just do not see that happening here. when i zoom right in i just see a rod. maybe a dragonfly chasing a beetle? cause i also see something black slightly in front of the thing in question.

edit: jet? maybe...

Last edited by sno dome; 06-10-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:48 PM   #5
sunflower
Avalon Senior Member

I'm guessing it's some kind of surveillance drone. Reminds me a bit of the ones seen on earthfiles.com site.
sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:29 PM   #6
Lorien
Avalon Senior Member

That's definitely a plane. It's increasing altitude, and your looking at it from the side. You can see the wings on either side, it's just not prominent due to the angle you viewing the plane from.
Lorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:03 PM   #7
sno dome
Avalon Senior Member

Default july 10, 2008

here are some more pictures from july 10, 2008. if you would not mind lending opinion on these also. these are some select images from a series of 85 others. i was shooting "an ordinary circumhorizon arc fragment produced by hexagonal ice crystals in high cirrus cloud" with what i considered a good deal of "other" atmospheric activity. when i got the pictures on my monitor some forms showed up in certain pictures that caught my interest. most can only be described as black specks. they show up in different areas, appear to actually BE in the sky and are completely absent from some of the photos. i did not see them when i took the pictures.

this is the whole scene:

these are the images showing the most detail of these black forms

P7105886
- crop - full
P7105888 - crop - full
P7105889 - crop - full

in the images it looks very much like the form of a jet. however given the scale it seems like this would be a very small jet. and all black also? this is why i grew curious. i am eager what you think.

i am hosting the whole series for the curious P7105815-P7105899. in that gallery they have all been batch processed from raw datafiles. brightness down contrast up and a bit of sharpening.

others images which show these spots are:

P7105851, P7105856, P7105861, P7105861, P7105862, P7105863, P7105867, P7105872, P7105873, P7105877, P7105878, P7105880, P7105881, P7105882, P7105884, P7105891, P7105894, P7105899, P7105900
Old 06-10-2009, 08:48 PM   #8
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

it is a drone plane / that spys on people

you can see some pictures/and, stories of them here

http://www.france24.com/en/20090603-...nkorea-general
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:02 PM   #9
no caste

Quote:
Originally Posted by sno dome View Post
i thought so too and still think you could be right.

it is just my camera usually resolves a jet as a jet. jets reveal jet-like features if i work the contrast and sharpen the image a bit. i just do not see that happening here. when i zoom right in i just see a rod. maybe a dragonfly chasing a beetle? cause i also see something black slightly in front of the thing in question.

edit: jet? maybe...

This looks like a communications satellite to me.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:55 PM   #10
sno dome
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by no caste View Post
i am fairly certain that is what we are seeing.

the black dot near it on the other hand, no clue.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:21 PM   #11
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sno dome View Post
i am fairly certain that is what we are seeing.

the black dot near it on the other hand, no clue.
A jet plane would have a contrail, but that is not evident, so I don't know if its possible to see a satellite in daylight? Does anyone know what altitude a satellite is in orbit at?

As for the black spot, don't know, maybe a black UFO
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:33 AM   #12
sleepingnomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by no caste View Post

A satellite was my first impression too!
Old 06-11-2009, 12:44 AM   #13
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitinginthewings View Post
A jet plane would have a contrail, but that is not evident, so I don't know if its possible to see a satellite in daylight? Does anyone know what altitude a satellite is in orbit at?

As for the black spot, don't know, maybe a black UFO
Satellite altitudes start at around 100 miles and go up from there, so I think that object is way below 100 miles.
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 06:14 AM   #14
no caste

My bet is on Airbus A330 (that's far away re sat/aircraft size differentiation), not a drone which is now typically used in combat situations -

There are A LOT of satellites orbiting earth - with commercial sats launched by the hundreds now, Japan, EU, Russia, China, ... E.g. Even Heineken is in the business -

Do you know where your beer is? Dutch beer maker Heineken wants to make sure - so it has put together a team that includes IBM and the University of Amsterdam to track beer by satellite.
http://www.space.com/businesstechnol...er_061107.html

Check this out

Fact sheet (PDF, 2pp)

Space surveillance (United States Space Command): http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/awcgate/usspc-fs/space.htm
Monitors satellites & space debris

Altitudes info...

http://www.esa.int/esaMI/Launchers_H...QOI4HNC_0.html
Old 06-12-2009, 11:27 PM   #15
sno dome
Avalon Senior Member

i was looking through some other pictures from the same day as the original post.

well i am now a bit paranoid. this is definitely not a jet. i did not see it when i took the pictures and it does not have the form of a jet. plus these black spots.

i am a little confused at the perpetuation of the idea as ufo's being distinctly saucer shaped. that is so old school. these things are ethereal.

where to look:

full size image here (2.09MB)
Old 06-13-2009, 06:07 AM   #16
sno dome
Avalon Senior Member

please bare with me.

after i made the post above i got some more shots of this thing. i was on my way to dinner when i saw a streak in the sky nearly miss what i thought was a jet. it went from left to right into clouds and looked like a meteorite. i discussed it with my girlfriend, mentioned that the pilot and maybe the passengers had to see it, and continued watching. as i watched the one "jet" move away from the cloud another one appeared, on the same path. i start to suspect this is the object that streaked in front of the other "jet."

a third one then appeared from the same spot in the clouds and continued on the same path as the previous two. i slowly start to realize these are not jets at all. i am certain civilian flights do not fly this close and they do not streak through the sky like shooting stars. then from out of nowhere a white spot materialized near the third object and followed it through the sky. i scrambled to take pictures and got three (while almost crashing).

P6128822 (1.96MB) - P6128824 (1.91MB) - P6128825 (1.95MB)

in the end i come here to get firm opinions on what i am seeing. i guess video would have been better. i certainly thought it was unusual and it spurred some interesting discussion with my girlfriend (she could not see any of the objects and only saw them on the lcd after). i urge people to look up as constantly as humanly possible (if you have good eyesight) and take pictures to examine. although pretty soon you might not need to examine minutiae. i would assume intelligence knows how to keep itself out of view. i think people take what they see in the sky for granted.

with all do respect i hope the story at least was entertaining.

Last edited by sno dome; 06-13-2009 at 06:13 AM.