Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:28 PM   #1
Rareheart
Avalon Senior Member

Default Destruction is required.

Yes, that may be the most "negative" sounding thread title ever.
I wanted to catch your eye.

...however, it may contain 'truth'.

Given my lessons thus far, I can't help but arrive at that point...the point where I have to ask "why?"...why are we here?
Yes...I've asked before...and received many answers, all suitable at the time.

My most recent revelation is this:
Without destruction there can be no repair...without fear, there can be no comfort. We rely on these 'opposites'...and continue to insist on creating them.

Look at our history...we crave dichotomy...even "live" for it.
Physical existence requires judgment...a 'luxury' our spirit can not know...until it "lives".

To live in human form and experience true harmony requires both a choice and a judgment (which is which)...no?

Last edited by Rareheart; 03-16-2010 at 11:35 PM.
Rareheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:10 AM   #2
bushycat
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Destruction is required.

That is all beautifully said, Rareheart. Order out of chaos. Phoenix rising. Maybe the boat has a hole in it and is sinking. But still, another thought comes to my mind. If something dropped from the sky on Norte Dame, it would be good to repair it rather than pull it down. Maybe delusions of grandeur here, and also just a bit of letting go any attachments.Librans weigh everything.....

Love,
Bushycat
bushycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:14 AM   #3
tacodog
Avalon Senior Member

Until some things are fixed, the baggage from AV1 will be carried over to the New AV2 - no?
tacodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:16 AM   #4
bushycat
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacodog View Post
Until some things are fixed, the baggage from AV1 will be carried over to the New AV2 - no?
Maybe it depends on who's singing that same old song.....
Old 03-17-2010, 12:20 AM   #5
Nebula9D
Avalon Senior Member

Destruction is just another way of saying Change.
Nebula9D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:24 AM   #6
tacodog
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushycat View Post
Maybe it depends on who's singing that same old song.....
Exactly
tacodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:39 AM   #7
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rareheart View Post
To live in human form and experience true harmony requires both a choice and a judgment (which is which)...no?

What about outgrowing the human form ...stepping into one's Heart ..realizing one is Love and just consciously be . It seems that the moment you put a thought between you and what is choice and judgment automatically ensue...
The realization of self as being pure emptiness is imo where true harmony dwells.
One is then the observer and the mind a commodity one can use to orient oneself in the games one plays into .

"If you really want to know who I am, you will have to be absolutely empty as I am. Then two mirrors will be facing each other, and only emptiness will be mirrored.
Infinite emptiness will be mirrored: two mirrors facing each other. But if you have some idea, then you will see your own idea in me."

Osho about himself

Love Always
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:55 AM   #8
bushycat
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudra View Post
What about outgrowing the human form ...stepping into one's Heart ..realizing one is Love and just consciously be . It seems that the moment you put a thought between you and what is choice and judgment automatically ensue...
The realization of self as being pure emptiness is imo where true harmony dwells.
One is then the observer and the mind a commodity one can use to orient oneself in the games one plays into .

"If you really want to know who I am, you will have to be absolutely empty as I am. Then two mirrors will be facing each other, and only emptiness will be mirrored.
Infinite emptiness will be mirrored: two mirrors facing each other. But if you have some idea, then you will see your own idea in me."

Osho about himself

Love Always
mudra
Mudra,
To me what you've just said is at the very heart of this forum. But then there is the notion Tacodog brings up about what to do with the baggage here. A song just came into my head-"People get ready, there's a train a- coming. Don't need no baggage, you just get on board."
Still seem to be playing with my Libra scales today, weighing everything...

Love and Truth,
Bushy
Old 03-17-2010, 02:01 AM   #9
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

When natural systems reorganize, they always have chaos in the transition. I know that this is not a natural system. However, the consciousness of all of the forum members is.
tone3jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 04:21 AM   #10
Shikasta
Avalon Senior Member

I've been keeping 'quiet' for a while, having a variety of thoughts and emotions about what I'm seeing happen between people who I thought were mature adults. I think the title of this thread 'Destruction is required' is sadly apt.

As humans are we programmed to need something that will shock us into sanity? PA has become a seemingly endless stream of threads full of bruised egos, spite and petty squabbling. It's like watching a family I was learning to love break up, so many kindred spirits forgetting in blind moments of madness that we are all one, that what we do unto others we do to ourselves.

I KNOW we are ALL capable of MUCH higher energy sharing than this, for it was this that drew me to PA in the first place.

Perhaps TJ3 is right and this is all part of the process of creating order out of chaos.

This thread has been a breath of fresh air to read, people discussing like mature adults. I'm tired of the negative threads, maybe that is part of some Machiavellian plan? Who knows? Whatever!

I choose, as exemplified in the posts here, to strive to be the change I want to see. Thank you Mudra for your stability and sanity and humor. Thank you for popping back here to remind us of what we lose when we engage with this destructive spiral.

All things must pass (bless you George!) and we each have a role in how we choose to farewell what was a brave and noble experiment.

We can stand on the deck of the sinking ship and trade insults and punches and go down with the ship. Or we can help each other get into the life rafts to find a safe place to continue this experiment, using the lessons learned, in Avalon 2.

Blessings to all,

Graeme
Shikasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 06:22 AM   #11
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Yes!!!
Generation Order Dissolution ---- God.
Seems we need that cycle at least up until this time.

Eckart Tolle in "The Power of Now" speaks of increasing madness.
He also says that relationships are not there to make you happy at this time but to dissolve the ego. Much has been said about Transcending the Ego else where so I wont go into that here.
interaction-relationships
If you honestly look at what has been happening here on this forum you will see that there has been much over reaction between people. Only the ego can be hurt.

I believe that we are coming to a time when the ego will be redundant.
Let go before it is taken from you.
Human beings are an evolutionary animal.
We only use 10% of our brain, so, whats the rest for?
Look how far we have come, we are originally from the sea, look how much salt water is in our body.
All is well.
Just relax
Friction happens when you put on the brakes.
Consciousness know best just be the change we are looking for.

Chris
Namaste.
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 06:51 AM   #12
raulduke
Avalon Senior Member

I would agree that destruction can be beneficial in the long run, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it's required.

To me, if it's an option and not something natural, destruction should be a last ditch option. Sure, some good can come of it, but it wasn't necessarily required, there are other options (though with less immediate results) that we can employ to evolve, without having to start all over.

When destruction as a method becomes abused, some of the little things that seem unimportant to those who would abuse it, have a way of becoming a wrench (or cherry ) in the works so to speak.
raulduke is offline   Reply With Quote