Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 11-29-2008, 06:41 AM   #1
towhatend
Avalon Senior Member

Default Can the Spirituality thread be re-named Non-physicality??

My first post was transferred to Spirituality which is fine, but it got me thinking. It seems for some people when thay hear or see that word it is instantly linked with religion. If there is a new awareness coming surely it is time to part with the doctrine based paradigm and embrace a new way of looking at the situation. Non-physicality seems to me to express that rather succinctly. just a thought..... anyone else got a view on this??
towhatend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 07:38 PM   #2
milk and honey
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Can the Spirituality thread be re-named Non-physicality??

Non- anything is no description at all.

Spirit is real. It infuses the cup of matter. Before every religion you can think of there was spirit in the heart of everything. Peace, serenity and bliss... patiently awaiting our awakening as an open door for it's brilliant light to shine into this plane... shining upon the just and the unjust.

Is the sun a non-moon?

Is the day non- night?

Am i a non- aboriginal?

Complete the list towhatend. Let's create the longest list on Avalon!

Last edited by milk and honey; 11-30-2008 at 11:31 AM.
milk and honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 08:04 PM   #3
sleepingnomore

Spirituality and Religion are two separate things.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:25 PM   #4
Jenny
Project Avalon Member

I suggested to separate personal psychological issues and expanding consciousness from spirituality and/or religion.

Personal experiences regarding an evolving awareness and consciousness are mistaken for spirituality and vise versa.

Spirituality and religion are two separate fields of exploration as well and mixing it all up creates a lot of confusion.

I recommend to read and study what Ken Wilber has to say on this.
Google him and read him..he is a great philosopher and scientific thinker and he is surrounded by many great scientists and spiritual masters.

Jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 10:00 PM   #5
Circlewerk
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
I suggested to separate personal psychological issues and expanding consciousness from spirituality and/or religion.
Agreed.

This is an opportunity, to detach from definitions all together.
They're all conditioning anyway.
Be unconditional, neutral.
These words we use to describe what is indescribable, are all we have to work with, especially in a forum like this.
The moment one gets hung up on the words & their definitions, their vibration sinks.
Just be with this~ Allow.
Wanting to be heard, understood, acknowledged in any way thwarts the opportunity to simply share without an expectation on the results.
Whatever happens, happens, and if the motivation to put words out into this forum, this universe, is free from conditions, the vibration with which they are written stands by itself, and the author remains psychologically free.

CW
Circlewerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 10:54 PM   #6
Jenny
Project Avalon Member

O man, Circlework How I love your posts!

You made my day today.

Thank you.

Jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 11:19 PM   #7
Circlewerk
Avalon Senior Member

Hello Jenny~
Thank you for your kind words.

Feel good, friend.
CW
Old 11-30-2008, 02:05 AM   #8
towhatend
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Circlewerk, thanks for your reply on this. It seems to me that a fundamental part of the human equation is the desire to categorise/label/define all the experiences along its path. One word can make such a difference(look at the time and effort that goes into the wording of UN resolutions) or not, and it is with interest I observe the different ways that are used to explain the feeling of something greater that is being shared by so many at this time. Sometimes when online I feel a great sense of peace, tranquility and unconditional love that used to be almost overwhelming. Now I understand it to be connections being made through the ether/spirit/Higgs Field, call it what you may.

Will the LHC prove Higgs's theory. Time and us will tell!!!!

the plot thickens!!!! have a great day everyone.
towhatend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 03:32 AM   #9
Circlewerk
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by towhatend View Post
Hi Circlewerk, thanks for your reply on this. It seems to me that a fundamental part of the human equation is the desire to categorise/label/define all the experiences along its path. One word can make such a difference(look at the time and effort that goes into the wording of UN resolutions) or not, and it is with interest I observe the different ways that are used to explain the feeling of something greater that is being shared by so many at this time. Sometimes when online I feel a great sense of peace, tranquility and unconditional love that used to be almost overwhelming. Now I understand it to be connections being made through the ether/spirit/Higgs Field, call it what you may.

Will the LHC prove Higgs's theory. Time and us will tell!!!!

the plot thickens!!!! have a great day everyone.

Hello Towhatend~

I get you, I feel you~

Interesting how so many want to discover it, name it, define it, eh?
What do you think that desire is?
Could it be that the desire is as a result of our consciousness immersed in conditioned thinking, therefore unable to know spirit IS there now, and is content to leave it untitled?

Whether it exists due to ether, the noosphere, the Mandelbrot Set, etc, is no where near as vital as vibrating there, nameless.

All of these theories are the discoveries of mind, realizing what is already known in spirit, prior to consciousness being marinated with division & dogma, ad infinitum.
I agree, the connection is profound.

Sweet Peace,
CW
Old 11-30-2008, 05:16 AM   #10
isotelesis
Avalon Senior Member

Cool Re: Can the Spirituality thread be re-named Non-physicality??

Quote:
Non-physicality seems to me to express that rather succinctly. just a thought..... anyone else got a view on this??
Perhaps "meta-physicality" would better suit your thoughts. Non-physicality is too specific and narrow.

I like your alias, "to what end", ultimately I believe the answer lies in the nature of complex systems and non-equilibrium thermodynamics, the end is parallel yet interconnected.

I believe the closest word to describe it would be pure unfiltered love.
isotelesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 05:36 AM   #11
Nebula

Quote:
My first post was transferred to Spirituality which is fine, but it got me thinking. It seems for some people when thay hear or see that word it is instantly linked with religion. If there is a new awareness coming surely it is time to part with the doctrine based paradigm and embrace a new way of looking at the situation. Non-physicality seems to me to express that rather succinctly. just a thought..... anyone else got a view on this??

Interesting thought! I feel we have to use some general terminology for the new folks, till they can catch on to the 'new awareness coming' as you say.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:47 AM   #12
historycircus

Quote:
But a "new way" will still be "a way."

Just another formula for the pile - whether it be connected to your knees or your pineal, it would just be another system.

Another formula.

Another religion/spiritual system.

I think most Avalonians are smart enough to know the difference between religion and spirituality - so no change needed.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:29 AM   #13
Josefine
Avalon Senior Member

We could call this thread 'Our Spiritual Quest' in order to remind ourselves that it is not about religion as such. It is our individual and collective journey that may lead us in the direction of spirit.

When we are in a state of love (unconditional or compassionate) we are one with spirit. Our heart then resonates to the frequency of 8 hz, this is the frequency of love, according to some researchers.

When we have little 'epiphanies' of insight, a feeling of oneness, brought on by anything that stirs the heart, be it music, beauty, joy, dance, humor, nature, pets, a significant other person, a teacher, a book, anything that reminds us of the oneness that is spirit, we are in touch with it.

When our quest for the spiritual is funnelled into religion, tenets and dogmas are imposed and we might forget to listen within where our individual connection to spirit is. Religion is no guarantee for our connection with spirit, for often religion is laced with fear, but it may not stop us from connecting either.

Ken Wilburs teachings are full of tenets. This is his brand of Buddhism, a religion. 'Scientific spirituality' is not direct, it is spirituality observed, and attempted explained, and thus on a path to a system with tenets and even dogma, as almost all sciences today are full of dogma.

Spirit surrounds 'Everything That Is'. Fear cuts us off from it.
If we fear that we cannot be in touch with it, we most likely are not.
When we live in trust, directed by a still voice within, we are on a spritual path.

A spiritual path is a quest, and may lead to personal perceptions and insights, which is spirit individually translated. This quest is free and open to every one of us. We can share it with each other, but not impose it on anyone.
Josefine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 06:42 AM   #14
milk and honey
Avalon Senior Member

'Religion' treats the subject of 'spirit' so to me they're synonymous with each other.

Beyond fundamentalism there are still words. But words can key the reader into a personal experience with spirit. So words are valuable.

If religious quotes appear in the spirituality section - which is to be expected - then the best approach for the reader is to divine the spirit of the words; to decode them into their essence. Or at least a code closer to their essence than might appear from a casual reading. By essense i mean the 'witer's intention'. That understanding is what can lead to the original motive of the writer. If their motive was 'spirit' we might even experience that in ourselves just by understanding their words. Imagine what that could do for this world if everyone who studied religion understood the essence of their scriptures.

And then, use more words to discuss it with each other. Just kidding!

"And no man will go to his brother saying 'Know the LORD' for all shall know me (within) from the least to the greatest".

Words can serve to peel off a layer of the onion for someone else. That might bring them closer to their personal essence.

Last edited by milk and honey; 11-30-2008 at 06:49 AM.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:37 AM   #15
Josefine
Avalon Senior Member

[QUOTE=milk and honey;88930]'Religion' treats the subject of 'spirit' so to me they're synonymous with each other.

Religion cannot be synonymous with spirit. Religion is meant to point in the direction of spirit, but often it does not. Often it is totally based on fear, cutting us off from spirit.

Yes, I agree with you, milk and honey. Religious issues and quotes belong in this section as well. But if the name of the thread is 'Our Spiritual Quest', it might serve to remind us, if we lapse into preaching, that the living spirit in each of us does not make us identical. Spirit permits us to be uniquely ourselves, and not necessarily to see everything alike. Except for love, which is beyond words.

Last edited by Josefine; 11-30-2008 at 11:13 AM.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:08 AM   #16
jachmad
Avalon Senior Member

4. Spiritual --- Green-Blue-Indigo
3. Intelectual --- Mind --- Yellow
2. Emotional (sexual) --- Mind --- Orange
1. Physical --- Body --- Red

A person who is still living in the intelectual level can not understand those who is already living in the spiritual level. Just like a hunter (mostly physical-emotional, some intelectual) in the midle of Borneo can not understand what a stockbroker (mostly physical-emotional-intelectual, barely spiritual) do.

Salaam
jachmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:24 AM   #17
milk and honey
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post

Religion cannot be synomymous with spirit. Religion is meant to point in the direction of spirit, but often it does not. Often it is totally based on fear, cutting us off from spirit.

Yes, I agree with you, milk and honey. Religious issues and quotes belong in this section as well. But if the name of the thread is 'Our Spiritual Quest', it might serve to remind us, if we lapse into preaching, that the living spirit in each of us does not make us identical. Spirit permits us to be uniquely ourselves, and not necessarily to see everything alike. Except for love, which is beyond words.
Fair enough Josefine.

Guess i was talking about what religion is and not the degenerate thing it has mostly become.

Religious texts can point to inner-spirit, right.

I wasn't really saying religion is spirit but that they're so ideally compatable - note i say 'ideally' - that they're synonymous for the purpose of allowing religious discussion in a "spirituality" section of a forum. That was my subtext and i see you agree. They are so to me because in the scriptures of east and west i have found communion with spirit.

Of course spiritual inspiration can be found in all kinds of experiences not just by reading scripture.

Does that make spirit synonymous with other things? In the same sense that religious scriptures are then i guess so.

Thanks.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:25 AM   #18
Josefine
Avalon Senior Member

Jachmad, I see what you are trying to say.

The thing is, we normally operate on all these levels simultaneously, how can we not?

Also, indigineous people, living simply off the land, are often advanced spiritually. This is the case with many North-American Indians, with the Aboriginees of Australia, of the South-American Indians, of the Scandinavian and Russian laplanders, or Samii people, also peoples in Asia. Mind you, they have to work on their spiritual path as well, just like we do. If theyr simply are followers, leaving the spiritual work to their Shaman, Noaide, or Elder, instead of just being guided and inspired by them, they are negecting their own path.

We are likely to see a great simplification of civilization after the great change that is ahead of us. But we have every reason to expect a higher level of spiritual awareness and insight, as this is a requirement for our evolution.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:44 AM   #19
jachmad
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Jachmad, I see what you are trying to say.

The thing is, we normally operate on all these levels simultaneously, how can we not?
Simultaneously yes, but usually lack of focus on the spiritual level.

Quote:
If theyr simply are followers, leaving the spiritual work to their Shaman, Noaide, or Elder, instead of just being guided and inspired by them, they are negecting their own path.
This is mostly the case...

Salaam

... still work in progress
Old 11-30-2008, 11:51 AM   #20
Nebula

The simplest answer is the best. what is spirituality? What is religion?
Old 11-30-2008, 12:00 PM   #21
jachmad
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
The simplest answer is the best. what is spirituality? What is religion?
Spirituality is about radiating the fourth, fifth and sixth chakras. Unconditional love, Wisdom (intelectuality far beyond this narrow space/time reality) and Oneness.

Religion try to intelectualized (and emotionalize) spirituality.

Salaam

pardon my English

Last edited by jachmad; 11-30-2008 at 12:37 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:04 PM   #22
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

All is spirit,all natural effects are from spiritual causes.
777 The Great Work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 05:34 PM   #23
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circlewerk View Post
Agreed.

This is an opportunity, to detach from definitions all together.
They're all conditioning anyway.
Be unconditional, neutral.
These words we use to describe what is indescribable, are all we have to work with, especially in a forum like this.
The moment one gets hung up on the words & their definitions, their vibration sinks.
Just be with this~ Allow.
Wanting to be heard, understood, acknowledged in any way thwarts the opportunity to simply share without an expectation on the results.
Whatever happens, happens, and if the motivation to put words out into this forum, this universe, is free from conditions, the vibration with which they are written stands by itself, and the author remains psychologically free.

CW
Noble thoughts worthy of a "bump". I just came out of a session where even at our earliest beginnings we were getting serious about solutions to get agreements. Agreements started to become enforced. I know, I was there and I saw myself do it too.

Stay loose and free,
Gnosis
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 07:09 PM   #24
Josefine
Avalon Senior Member

Some really good posts her, you'all!

Jachmad, paid a visit to your web link. Great place!

J
Old 12-02-2008, 04:47 AM   #25
jachmad
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks Josefine for your apreciation.