Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 11-20-2008, 07:04 AM   #176
clearlyalec
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The Goodbye Thread / Options To stay

Guys, there is so much to say. How to begin?
clearlyalec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:02 AM   #177
capreycorn
Avalon Senior Member

so the plans have changed?

the word "donate" is what St. Clair uses.
not "fee".
somebody mentioned a fund-meter to show the money received and what`s still needed! brilliant idea..put it next to de donation-pay-pal-box.
capreycorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:15 AM   #178
WalkingTurtle
Avalon Senior Member

I haven't contributed very much to this forum but if anyone has to pay for sharing his/her knowledge, experiences and wisdom anywhere I won't be checking this forum anymore. Think about this: Sometimes a stranger just passing by and leaving a comment on a subject, can have a really big impact on a discussion and can immediately change the course of thinking of all involved.

It's a matter of principles I think. We have to pay for learning and even for giving our knowledge to others all our life. That's absolutely against any principles we all stand for, don't we? We want to change that, don't we?

Just a thought,
WT
WalkingTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:37 AM   #179
capreycorn
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkingTurtle View Post
Think about this: Sometimes a stranger just passing by and leaving a comment on a subject, can have a really big impact on a discussion and can immediately change the course of thinking of all involved.
We have to pay for giving our knowledge to others. That's absolutely against any principles we all stand for, don't we? We want to change that, don't we?

Just a thought,
WT

ah yes, i wanted to say something like that too..
..a donation "box" wouldn`t be so limiting..
Old 11-20-2008, 12:50 PM   #180
Artycarl
Avalon Senior Member

I have given this a lot of thought recently. Originally I voted not to have subscriptions as I was worried that some people would not be able to fully contribute here just because of financial restrictions and that would have been terribly sad. But in all honesty there is not a great deal of choice. If you make it donation only...even with the best will in the world most people wont bother to donate...that is just the nature of it. So subscription it is.

I am happy to subscribe but the two tier system again makes me concerned that some members will be made to feel like second class citizens.

I suspect our numbers will dwindle somewhat and unfortunately that is inevitable but if it allows Bill and Kerry to continue doing what they do then I think it is a very small financial sacrifice.
Artycarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:08 PM   #181
capreycorn
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artycarl View Post
I have given this a lot of thought recently. Originally I voted not to have subscriptions as I was worried that some people would not be able to fully contribute here just because of financial restrictions and that would have been terribly sad. But in all honesty there is not a great deal of choice. If you make it donation only...even with the best will in the world most people wont bother to donate...that is just the nature of it. So subscription it is.

I am happy to subscribe but the two tier system again makes me concerned that some members will be made to feel like second class citizens.

I suspect our numbers will dwindle somewhat and unfortunately that is inevitable but if it allows Bill and Kerry to continue doing what they do then I think it is a very small financial sacrifice.
all right, but then make it like a parking-meter..where you put 50cent and can park your car for a certain time..if you throw in more, you can have more "time"...if payment ceases, the accounts shouldn`t be cancelled, just put to a "coma" until some more cash flows...(maybe)

i just really hate it when i have to cancel a subscription, so that i won`t get charged any more..(my wife did that with the wrong company and it was a real pain to get out of it)... that`s why I don`t subscribe..

ps: there should be 2 possibilities...the parking meter type (for those with little cash flow) and permanent membership (until you quit..)
pps: there should be a 3rd possibility like a "forum-time-counter" (like credit)...post now pay later...and add to it a system, where good posts can be awarded by the richer with penny donations... does it make sense? (of course some other member would have to vouch for the one going for option 3 post now pay later...

Last edited by capreycorn; 11-20-2008 at 01:26 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:16 PM   #182
StClair
Project Camelot Witness

Default On its way to Kerry...

Hi Kerry
we do that ok
done deal...

Dear Friends

my donation leaves Europe to reach Kerry next week

meanwhile here is the spiritual conspiracy at work
if you like you can become a part of it also

** http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=7888 **

Peace
M StC.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:34 PM   #183
franciejones
Banned

I am following Michael's example and donating today (as soon as the donate button works---I pm-ed Colin about it)

I must admit that I have been feeling guilty for not sending money to Camelot prior to this...I have visited PC for about two years and a donation is LONG overdue for me...

Please accept my apology Bill and Kerry....I was being selfish (very true). I love you both and dearly appreciate the work you are doing. My thoughts are with you always.

Francie
franciejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:38 PM   #184
franciejones
Banned

Side note:

I dontated thru Camelot site instead as that button works just fine
franciejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:00 PM   #185
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capreycorn View Post
so the plans have changed?

the word "donate" is what St. Clair uses.
not "fee".
somebody mentioned a fund-meter to show the money received and what`s still needed! brilliant idea..put it next to de donation-pay-pal-box.
It's like them changing 'bailout' to 'rescue plan'. Hmmm... Namaste.
GregorArturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:00 PM   #186
RSF
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Kerry,
Thanks for posting the Donation address. By Monday I'll have sent a contribution.
---
Hi Members, I was absolutely blown away when PC interviewed and published:
http://www.projectcamelot.org/george...sept_2008.html
Sept 2/08.

At the time I didn't believe -- now I do !!

RSF
RSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:11 PM   #187
PTTurboe

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchZEITGEISTnow View Post
I don't really mind paying a small fee, but my issue is with how you pay, and then your anonymity has gone, and even though it will only goto PC/PA I don't like the idea of paypal having these details which can be passed onto third parties, such as those that may use this as a form of databasing.

So I will still read the posts here, but just not be able to post... which is ok I guess.

My thoughts anyway.

wZn

AND EXACTLY MINE.

I own websites and make a ton off of advertising. Some of my sites make thousands a month from Google AdWords.

I always thought this place might be a trap. I can find no info on Bill and Kerry.

When you pay they have you!

Goodbye.....

Good luck.....

And Peace to you all.....
Old 11-20-2008, 03:24 PM   #188
Myplanet2
In The Mists

No need to shout. somebody worried about anonymity could send a money order or something. Going to be nice around here pretty soon.
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:27 PM   #189
Bill Ryan
Project Avalon Co Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTTurboe View Post
I can find no info on Bill and Kerry.

You're kidding.... right?

Try the 'Ask Bill and Kerry' thread, for a start.

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7675

Or the Camelot 'About Us' page.

http://projectcamelot.org/about_us.html

Or any one of dozens of radio interviews, like the one listed here with Paranexus (quite a good one):

http://projectcamelot.org/audio_interviews.html
Bill Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:33 PM   #190
slywinkl
Avalon Senior Member

ok, i came bck against my word here to check upp the "news" on this "free open mind o ppl" site.

only to discover u are divide and conqering.

i am laughing my ass off in the sight of all this.

here u all are speaking of freedom, opening minds, helping EVERYONE, getting the truth out.. buuuuut you haf to pay for it.

sound like the this timeframes earth goverment and elites speaking.

and yes i am talkin of u bill and kerry

you haf countless of times talked of justice and gettin the fact and truth out to everyone at any costs, and standing upp against the system that are in failure today.

becouse in the face of truth it is not ONLY you 2, we are all one, remmember that statement?

and yet here you are dividing and conquring, throwing away those who cant give a fictinonal number, a fantasy paper, a metal round thing witch is made upp and created from nothing of our world.

when did this all change? what changed? did we change? did we get to free to disscuss our problems with the world?

or was it the lust for getting onward get passed by the fake worlds one true grip of uss take over? money, cash, credits, numbers that have gotten a "value"?

one thing is pretty obvius, this is becomming more and more the anticrist u all have preached aboot for years, here u are speaking of advertising, donations, getting comanyes in to sponsor you, and making ppl pay to open their mouth.

try putting this to comparement to the goverment u all "oppose" soooo much. u see the ressemblence?

here u are creating a base of fear at its rawest and brutal ever

you have started a place with ppl could come away from fear, and disscuss their inner most secrest that most dont have anyone around in their real life to talk with.
and created a place were ppl could ask questions and even anwser questions from own experience. dont matter if it was a 14 year old or a 50 year old HU-Man who did it, it sparked, it resonated and out came a disscussion many have red and mby even learned from.

but this is at an end, just becouse of a fantasy paper, fantasy number, a created debt from nothingness. the verry thing that many are batteling to get a free world were we can actually share and live in prosperity and co-existance. and above all do what we are here to doo. take care of this planet we live on.

you all was so amazed that it boomed so big in no time

and u speak like priests of new worlds and what we should belive and look into

then you start of limeting the "free word" down by imposing rules
(sounds familiar?)

and now your are cutting down all the freedom by divide and conquer.

this is relly ridiculus. if you cant continue of this YOU bill and kerry have started, then end it, dont go on pushing on free ppl to pay for the truth.

if you relly are so noble and sincere as u have portrayed yourself as this is your path. you started this, you took the choice, you made all of this. u reached into the vastness and created this. then why do you all of a sudden need all unknown creatures to give you something the elites and goverment created to continue?

this is ridiculus, you are becomming the verry thing you all "hate" so much, but cant "live" without.
slywinkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:48 PM   #191
RSF
Avalon Senior Member

slywinkl, something's a wee-bit out of whack with your post. Do you have spell and grammar checking ? Sorry, it's just that it really is that bad before I get into your back-ass message content.. garbage.

I came across Project Camelot about four months ago and was startled by the effort and effect of Bill & Kerry's work.
Frankly, when I read some of the nonsense posted by some members, such as the above, it actually makes me chuckle as to how these dudes found there way here?

RSF
Old 11-20-2008, 03:54 PM   #192
slywinkl
Avalon Senior Member

ive never followed school, or the ways of this "world".

i follow the earth and me.

and as for the ppl posting "garbage", who are you to say what is garbage? im pretty sure many haf told you that stuff u speak of is ridiculus, but u belive in it. even if you are are 100% sure that u speak the truth, mby some dont belive even 1% of your word, couse they haf to find their own truth, tis is how we are
Old 11-20-2008, 04:00 PM   #193
RSF
Avalon Senior Member

Sorry. Your right.
RSF
Old 11-20-2008, 04:04 PM   #194
slywinkl
Avalon Senior Member

no im not right, it is right for me, i dont impose my belif, i merly brings it to the light. then anyone can read and make their own belif if they wish, if not they wont read it and be on their merry way.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:10 PM   #195
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSF View Post
slywinkl, something's a wee-bit out of whack with your post. Do you have spell and grammar checking ? Sorry, it's just that it really is that bad before I get into your back-ass message content.. garbage.
RSF, I find that statement to be rather negative and uncalled for. Think of this Chinese proverb:

“Those who do not read are no better off than those who cannot.”

I'm sorry, that man speaks truth, and I am sorry if it appears only transparent and flawed to you. He speaks with passion. You speak with ignorance. Think of what I am saying.

I have been familiar with PC for almost a year now, and they have done tremendously wonderful work. Bill & Kerry are very good-hearted people I feel. However, that does not mean you blindly follow them. Think for yourself, not with the majority.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:11 PM   #196
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSF View Post
Sorry. Your right.
RSF
I admire you for this. Namaste.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:11 PM   #197
jazzgad
Avalon Senior Member

I m not sure if it is moral issue with me of just my guts telling me no
But together with lots of fear mongering in October which in my opinion
Ultimately falls on lap on Bill and Carey ,paying for privilege of posting here
Is a strong no from me .see you on the other side friends .

may the love and light of our infinite creator be with you all.
jazzgad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:15 PM   #198
RSF
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregorArturo View Post
RSF, I find that statement to be rather negative and uncalled for. Think of this Chinese proverb:

“Those who do not read are no better off than those who cannot.”

I'm sorry, that man speaks truth, and I am sorry if it appears only transparent and flawed to you. He speaks with passion. You speak with ignorance. Think of what I am saying.

I have been familiar with PC for almost a year now, and they have done tremendously wonderful work. Bill & Kerry are very good-hearted people I feel. However, that does not mean you blindly follow them. Think for yourself, not with the majority.
---

Quite right too. My anger got ahead of my senses, as yours.
RSF
Old 11-20-2008, 05:41 PM   #199
RubyTuesday
Avalon Senior Member

I'm an admin on a smaller forum. We charge $5/year for operating costs and use any leftover to help forum members who go through challenging times (after a vote by the forum members). We've helped buy groceries, pay mortgages, pay medical expenses, send flowers, etc. On that forum, that people pay for, ALL are considered "owners". Admins just do the techie stuff.

Paying implies a sense of entitlement and freedom to say what's on your mind. After reading the numerous threads here, I'm going to propose to the other admins of our board that we set up a widget and do donations instead because times are getting hard for so many financially and we won't have to keep track of who has paid, who hasn't, send out warnings to pay, or ban people from posting.

What bothers me about paying to be here is what this forum will lose. There are MANY people here who don't post a lot but will, from time to time, post a fantastic nugget of info. Many who mostly read won't pay. In return, we lose the information they *could* have provided. It's a very limiting model imo. We won't know what we're missing.

What's wrong with putting up a widget? Sure, people could donate now but why would they if it's still being debated? Some of us are waiting for a decision to be made before we decide to donate. I personally don't want to donate and then find out that people are being shut out for not paying. I wouldn't feel good about my money going towards that.

It's easy peasie to set up a widget. Put the dollar amount and the money will come. If not enough is raised then suspend all posting for a day or two with a message on the front page explaining that operating costs must be met first. I don't think it would come to that, though. I think the money would be raised pretty fast and nobody would feel that they have to beg for someone else to pay their way and others will feel good that they have been able to contribute financially. Win win.

Looking at all the controversy surrounding this issue it seems to me that it's pretty obvious that a paid subscription doesn't "feel good" to many. On a spiritual level I understand that very well. Many of us listen carefully to how we "feel" and avoid that which makes us feel uneasy or just doesn't feel right. This controversy doesn't feel right.

I would also like to say I was a member of another board (a fertility forum) that instituted a paying system- then the mods got heavy handed and were deleting people's posts, even suspected of reading private messages which resulted in banning paying members. Lawyers got involved and many people were refunded their membership dues. Ugly situation for all involved and that site ruined their reputation.
RubyTuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:47 PM   #200
enacae
Avalon Senior Member

Please keep the forum free to post. I love it here.
enacae is offline   Reply With Quote