Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 04-03-2009, 09:32 AM   #1
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

Default Essene Gospels of Peace

Through out the dark ages the vatican would burn anyone at the stake who possessed a copy of the following texts. These texts are called the true teachings of Jesus/Isha/Yeshua. So far I have read book one, which I found to be very profound, in fact it was very close to my personal philosophies, especially about health, which for me made the texts all the more profound. The style reminds me of the Book of Enoch.
I can see why the vatican would have wanted to bury the books... they denounce religion and even scriptures in general. They not only talk about the Holy Father but also the Earthly Mother. She is mentioned just as much and shown the same respect as the Holy Father.
If I had to list these books in a category I would have to say they are more pagan then anything... I can't wait to get on to part 2 now.

Essene Gospels Of Peace

The Essene Gospel of Peace Book 1 "The Essene Gospel of Peace"
The Essene Gospel of Peace Book 2 "The Unknown Books of the Essenes"
The Essene Gospel of Peace Book 3 "Lost Scrolls of the Essene Brotherhood"
The Essene Gospel of Peace Book 4 "The Teachings of the Elect"

Quote:
It was in 1928 that Edmond Bordeaux Szekely (pronounced Say-Kay) first published his translation of The Essene Gospel of Peace, an ancient manuscript discovered in the Secret Archives of the Vatican as the result of limitless patience, faultless scholarship, and unerring intuition.

The English version first appeared in 1937 representing yet another fragment of the complete manuscript which exists in Aramaic in the Secret Archives of the Vatican and in old Slavonic in the Royal Library of the Habsburgs (now the property of the Austrian government). The poetic style of the translator brings to vivid reality the exquisitely beautiful words of Jesus and the Elders of the Essene Brotherhood. Liberated from the secret archives of the Vatican, these sacred scrolls are testaments to the eternal and living truth of the Way.

Here are a few sites with the full versions of the Essene Gospels of Peace.
http://www.essene.com/GospelOfPeace/
http://www.thenazareneway.com/index_...s_of_peace.htm
There are more too if you google.

And here is the first few paragraphs from book 1:

And then many sick and maimed came to Jesus, asking him. "if you know all things, tell us, why do we suffer with these grievous plagues? Why are we not whole like other men? Master, heal us, that we too may be made strong, and need abide no longer in our misery. We know that you have it in your power to heal all manner of disease. Free us from Satan and from all his great afflictions. Master, have compassion on us."

And Jesus answered- "Happy are you that you hunger for the truth, for I will satisfy you with the bread of wisdom. Happy are you, that you knock, for I will open to you the door of life. Happy are you, that you would cast off the power of Satan, for I will lead you into the kincdom of our Mother's angels, where the power of Satan cannot enter."

And they asked him in amazement: "Who is our Mother and which her angels? And where is her kingdom?"

"Your Mother is in you, and you in her. She bore you she gives you life. it was she who gave to you your body, and to her shall you one day give it back again. Happy are you when you come to know her and her kingdom; if you receive your Mother's angels and if you do her laws. I tell you truly, he who does these things shall never see disease. For the power of our Mother is above all. And it destroys Satan and his kingdom, and has rule over all your bodies and all living things.

"The blood which runs in us is born of the blood of our Earthly Mother. Her blood falls from the clouds; leaps from the womb of the earth; babbles in the brooks of the mountains; flows wide in the rivers of the plains; sleeps in the lakes; rages mightily in tempestuous seas.

"The air which we breathe is born of the breath of our Earthly Mother. Her breath is azure in the heights of t heavens; soughs in the tops of the mountains; whispers the leaves of the forest; billows over the cornfields; slumbers in the deep valleys, burns hot in the desert.

"The hardness of our bones is born of the bones of our Earthly Mother, of the rocks and of the stones. They stand naked to the heavens on the tops of mountains; are as giants that lie sleeping on the sides of the mountains, as idols set in the desert, and are hidden in the deepness of the earth.

"The tenderness of our flesh is born of the flesh of our Earthly Mother; whose flesh waxes yellow and red in the fruits of the trees, and nurtures us in the furrows of the fields.

"Our bowels are born of the bowels of our Earthly Mother, and are hid from our eyes, like the invisible depths of the earth.

"The light of our eyes, the hearing of our ears, both are born of the colors and the sounds of our Earthly Mother; which enclose us about, as the waves of the sea a fish, as the eddying air a bird.

"I tell you in very truth, Man is the Son of the Earthly Mother, and from her did the Son of Man receive his whole body, even as the body of the newborn babe is born of the womb of his mother. I tell you truly, you are one with the Earthly Mother; she is in you, and you in her. Of her were you born, in her do you live, and to her shall you return again. Keep, therefore, her laws, for none can live long, neither be happy, but he who honors his Earthly Mother and does her laws. For your breath is her breath; your blood her blood; your bone her bone; your flesh her flesh; your bowels her bowels; your eyes and your ears are her eyes and her ears.

"I tell you truly, should you fail to keep but one only of all these laws, should you harm but one only of all your body's members, you shall be utterly lost in your grievous sickness, and there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. I tell you, unless you follow the laws of your Mother, you can in no wise escape death. And he who clings to the laws of his Mother, to him shall his Mother cling also. She shall heal all his plagues, and he shall never become sick. She gives him long life, and protects him from all afflictions; from fire, from water, from the bite of venomous serpents. For your Mother bore you, keeps life within you. She has given you her body, and none but she heals you. Happy is he who loves his Mother and lies quietly in her bosom. For your Mother loves you, even when you turn away from her. And how much more shall she love you, if you turn to her again? I tell you truly, very great is her love, greater than the greatest of mountains, deeper than the deepest seas. And those who love their Mother, she never deserts them. As the hen protects her chickens, as the lioness her cubs, as the mother her newborn babe, so does the Earthly Mother protect the Son of Man from all danger and from all evils.

"For I tell you truly, evils and dangers innumerable lie in wait for the Sons of Men. Beelzebub, the prince of all devils, the source of every evil, lies in wait in the body of all the Sons of Men. He is death, the lord of every plague, and taking upon him a pleasing raiment, he tempts and entices the Sons of Men. Riches does he promise, and power, and splendid palaces, and garments of gold and silver, and a multitude of servants, all these; he promises renown and glory, fornication and lustfulness, gluttony and wine-bibbing, riotous living, and slothfulness and idle days. And he entices every one by that to which their heart is most inclined. And in the day that the Sons of Men have already become the slaves of all these vanities and abominations, then in payment thereof he snatches from the Sons of Men all those things which the Earthly Mother gave them so abundantly. He takes from them their breath, their blood, their bone, their flesh, their bowels, their eyes and their ears. And the breath of the Son of Man becomes short and stifled, full of pain and evil-smelling, like the breath of unclean beasts. And his blood becomes thick and evil-smelling, like the water of the swamps; it clots and blackens, like the night of death. And his bone becomes hard and knotted; it melts away within and breaks asunder, as a stone falling down upon a rock. And his flesh waxes fat and watery; it rots and putrefies, with scabs and boils that are an abomination.

And his bowels become full with abominable filthiness, with oozing streams of decay; and multitudes of abominable worms have their habitation there. And his eyes grow dim, till dark night enshrouds them, and his ears become stopped, like the silence of the grave. And last of all shall the erring Son of Man lose life. For he kept not the laws of his Mother, and added sin to sin. Therefore, are taken from him all the gifts of the Earthly Mother: breath, blood, bone, flesh, bowels, eyes and ears, and after all else, life, with which the Earthly Mother crowned his body.

"But if the erring Son of Man be sorry for his sins and undo them, and return again to his Earthly Mother; and if he do his Earthly Mother's laws and free himself from Satan's clutches, resisting his temptations, then does the Earthly Mother receive again her erring Son with love and sends him her angels that they may serve him. I tell you truly, when the Son of Man resists the Satan that dwells in him and does not his will, in the same hour are found the Mother's angels there, that they may serve him with all their power and free utterly the Son of Man from the power of Satan.

Last edited by Phtha; 04-03-2009 at 09:43 AM.
Phtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:50 PM   #2
Seth Haniel
Avalon Senior Member

Location: Hartlepool England But Moving Shortly to Fauldhouse Scotland
Cool Re: Essene Gospels of Peace

http://www.geocities.com/love-network/Gospel.html

One you won't read elsewhere

I was Editor of the Essene Network International Newsletter for 12 years from 1994
Seth Haniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:25 PM   #3
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Essene Gospels of Peace

Wonderful, thank you for sharing that link Seth.
I will read it thoroughly when I am done with the first four books.
Do you by chance have the images on your PC that are not loading anymore on that page you linked?
I would like to mirrior whats there to a much more reliable server.

-----

I too take the official version that describes the way the Gospels of Peace came about with a grain of salt. Much like the Dead Sea Scrolls which were said to have been found in some mysterious and long lost cave or some such.
This knowledge is coming out now because its time, thats all.

Peace2u
Old 04-04-2009, 01:52 AM   #4
sunflower
Avalon Senior Member

Seth, your link explains your avatar - never would have figured it out on my own!!!
sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:09 AM   #5
Seth Haniel
Avalon Senior Member

Well spotted Sunflower

link to LOGO http://www.geocities.com/love-network/logo.html

best to download the Gospel as it is quite a size - and may not be always there to see

Last edited by Seth Haniel; 04-04-2009 at 11:12 AM.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:33 PM   #6
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

The biblical canon is arbitrary and man-determined. I'm currently leaning strongly toward the words of Christ...or those attributed to him. I'm currently reading a collection of 20 gospels called 'The Complete Gospels' by Polebridge Press...of Jesus Seminar fame. I will try to read through the materials you have referred to. What do you think about the Book of Enoch? Doesn't this book teach that the 'bad-guys' will be kicked out of our world...and that the 'good-guys' will remain here? If so...this is close to what I currently believe.

Also, wasn't there some recent controversy regarding Essene scholarship? Do you think the public now has access to all of the Dead Sea Scroll material? Do you know who John Strugnell is? If so, what do you think of him? Finally, what do you think of the Ebionites? Don't they accept Jesus(in their own way)...and reject Paul(as authoritative, that is). If so, this is my view as well.

I don't expect answers...but if anyone feels like commenting...I would be interested in your opinions. I'm currently trying to get my bearings. I'm trying to be respectful of historical insights and truths...yet open to all of the new ideas...some of which are presented in this forum.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:16 PM   #7
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

Hi orthodoxy, Ill share a few of my views concerning what you ask.

I'll start with the controversy that is brewing over the true nature of the Essene scrolls. To me it is a moot point. I could care less if they were written by a 2 year old child, channeled, or truly the words of Jesus himself. I only care about what is said in them. That's the only place where the truth or lack thereof will reside concerning their authenticity. Really, even if some pomped up legal battle was played out and an 'official' statement came out some 'official' organization, we would still be basing our truths on others opinions, no matter how just they might sound. Simply because we were not there to witness how the books came to be.

As to the book of Enoch. I've not read all the books in their entirety yet. I've read 'The Book of the Watchers', and bits and pieces of the others. Enough to get a good feel for the book and this is my thoughts.
It seems at its core it is really a colourful and powerful book on karma. You reap what you sow. And yes it has that x-factor in it, God coming to earth in times of great iniquity to kick some serious ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoxymoron View Post
The biblical canon is arbitrary and man-determined. I'm currently leaning strongly toward the words of Christ...or those attributed to him. I'm currently reading a collection of 20 gospels called 'The Complete Gospels' by Polebridge Press...of Jesus Seminar fame. I will try to read through the materials you have referred to. What do you think about the Book of Enoch? Doesn't this book teach that the 'bad-guys' will be kicked out of our world...and that the 'good-guys' will remain here? If so...this is close to what I currently believe.

Also, wasn't there some recent controversy regarding Essene scholarship? Do you think the public now has access to all of the Dead Sea Scroll material? Do you know who John Strugnell is? If so, what do you think of him? Finally, what do you think of the Ebionites? Don't they accept Jesus(in their own way)...and reject Paul(as authoritative, that is). If so, this is my view as well.

I don't expect answers...but if anyone feels like commenting...I would be interested in your opinions. I'm currently trying to get my bearings. I'm trying to be respectful of historical insights and truths...yet open to all of the new ideas...some of which are presented in this forum.

Last edited by Phtha; 04-04-2009 at 10:12 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:49 PM   #8
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

Greg Braden has alot of good things to say about the Essenes

Greg Braden Beyond Zero Point
tone3jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:22 PM   #9
Seth Haniel
Avalon Senior Member

http://www.geocities.com/love-network/Gospel.html

Graphics now reinserted in the Gospel

enjoy
Old 04-05-2009, 05:44 PM   #10
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

Does anyone know much about Mary Hardy and the sister/brotherhood of the emerald fire?
Here is a conference speech by Mary Hardy explaining some of what they are about and some of what they do.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYFVbPiSR7o
This video is 20 parts in all, the clips featuring Mary are parts 6-10.

According to Mary they are using Essene practices. I found what they do very interesting, and the practices certainly makes sense, to me anyways.

Their website is http://www.templeofsakkara.com/
Old 01-11-2010, 04:53 AM   #11
Uriel Andros
Avalon Senior Member

Post Re: Essene Gospels of Peace

[tried unsuccessfully to delete what I posted here, so replaced it with this message.]

Last edited by Uriel Andros; 01-11-2010 at 07:14 AM.
Uriel Andros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:59 AM   #12
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Also found at Scribd.com:

Essene Gospel of Peace
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote