Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 12-28-2009, 03:05 PM   #1
greenelephant
Avalon Senior Member

Default The dangers of investing in precious metals??

I may be incorrect in my assumption I am going to write here.

I am aware of GATA, and people like Gerald Celente who are praising precious metals as a secure way to invest a person's assets to safeguard against the coming crash as well as inflation.

But one concern of mine is if and when the government lets go of the economy and starts to try and introduce the micro-chip to the citizens of its country. When the collapse happens, the price of PM's should go up in relation to a destroyed currency, but if the authorities quickly fast track the chip instead of the amero or alternate currency, wont that leave a very short window of time to liquidate a persons PM's reserves and diversify into other commodities.
Im concerned that if the government are successful in implementing the bio-chip, they will have full control of the financial system, (only thing of wealth is a man and his labour controlled by his bio-chip) and gold/silver will be of very little use to anyone in society anymore.

I am referring to Bill Deagles most recent phone call to bill and kerry, about how the USA government wants to fact-track the chip quickly.

Im not a complete expert on finance so look forward to everyone's else's take on this
greenelephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:32 PM   #2
ramallamamama
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The dangers of investing in precious metals??

I have gold as a way to store wealth, buried. Junk silver will be used for day to day stuff.
ramallamamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:35 PM   #3
Banned

You can't eat gold, or kill a deer with it...
371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:36 PM   #4
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 371 View Post
You can't eat gold, or kill a deer with it...
Give a starving man a fish...feed Him for a day...

Teach Him to fish...

Céline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:46 PM   #5
Connecting with Sauce
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 371 View Post
or kill a deer with it...
That depends on how big a bar you have I wouldn't like to be hit by a kg bar of gold... mind you the size I can offord I bet the deer wouldn't even notice

Wild food doesn't need any money to purchase it... I just need to read the book I have If I was hungry I'm sure I would read quickly...
Connecting with Sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:50 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecting with Sauce View Post
That depends on how big a bar you have I wouldn't like to be hit by a kg bar of gold... mind you the size I can offord I bet the deer wouldn't even notice

Wild food doesn't need any money to purchase it... I just need to read the book I have If I was hungry I'm sure I would read quickly...
Haha, yeah.

That is my point. Food and guns/ammo will be currecy if it really gets bad, i think.

Who gives a poop about gold and cash when you're starving?
371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:18 PM   #7
Peace of mind
Avalon Senior Member

I think most people are imagining places like a MAD MAX movie / Badlands and abandoned cities. I doubt ascended beings will live in these conditions.

When, or if the economy collapses, I doubt there will be a similar system taking its place. Gold and silver’s true value is from its conductive properties; its use in electronics and in some metaphysical belief systems is imperative. If the Annanuki stories are true…then the gold is mined for their purposes. Other than that…it’s just another Earth substance we place value on and I'm thru with that way of life.
I’m imagining a day where there is no materialism or worship. So there’s no need for bartering or finances in my next paradigm…just responsible folks living the good life.

Peace
Peace of mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:28 AM   #8
greenelephant
Avalon Senior Member

OK, butwhat does everyone think of foreign governments buying huge reserves of PM's (China, India, and Russia). India for example buying a bulk purchase recently for approx $20 billion. I totally agree PM's have no long-term future ahead whatsoever, but with all these aquisitions the Asian countries are buying to safeguard themselves against the $US dollar. DO you think there may be a short term trend in PM's in the near future?

I realise I may be fussing over minor issues and not seeing the big picture, but I just want to rule out any doubt

thanks

Last edited by greenelephant; 12-29-2009 at 11:42 AM.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:53 PM   #9
sjkted
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenelephant View Post
OK, butwhat does everyone think of foreign governments buying huge reserves of PM's (China, India, and Russia). India for example buying a bulk purchase recently for approx $20 billion. I totally agree PM's have no long-term future ahead whatsoever, but with all these aquisitions the Asian countries are buying to safeguard themselves against the $US dollar. DO you think there may be a short term trend in PM's in the near future?

I realise I may be fussing over minor issues and not seeing the big picture, but I just want to rule out any doubt

thanks
The point is that gold and silver are currency, while paper is based on a fiat (fake) system of credit. Credit comes from the Latin word credere which means to believe. So, once the world stops believing in our paper system, it will literally become worthless.

The economy will not go away. It will step down a few notches. People will still have things to build and sell and people with skills will still be able to sell their services. What we are looking at here is a currency collapse. I'm not going to go on and on about how PM are the greatest thing in the world, but the point is that they do hold value, they can be easily carried around, subdivided and changed. Will this be as efficient as dollar bills, ATM cards and credit cards? No. But, the point is that it is a way to preserve the value of your earnings when the dollar has no value.

Gold and silver have been used in the past and they will be used again. Unlike other forms of property such as cars and houses/land, you own gold. If you believe you own your house or your car, just stop paying your property taxes or your car registration and see how long you can hold onto either of them.

--sjkted
sjkted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 07:55 PM   #10
sjkted
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramallamamama View Post
I have gold as a way to store wealth, buried. Junk silver will be used for day to day stuff.
Hopefully, I don't pass over it with my metal detector. I love digging up buried gold.

--sjkted
Old 12-29-2009, 08:01 PM   #11
sjkted
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

I am aware of GATA, and people like Gerald Celente who are praising precious metals as a secure way to invest a person's assets to safeguard against the coming crash as well as inflation.

But one concern of mine is if and when the government lets go of the economy and starts to try and introduce the micro-chip to the citizens of its country. When the collapse happens, the price of PM's should go up in relation to a destroyed currency, but if the authorities quickly fast track the chip instead of the amero or alternate currency, wont that leave a very short window of time to liquidate a persons PM's reserves and diversify into other commodities.
Im concerned that if the government are successful in implementing the bio-chip, they will have full control of the financial system, (only thing of wealth is a man and his labour controlled by his bio-chip) and gold/silver will be of very little use to anyone in society anymore.

I am referring to Bill Deagles most recent phone call to bill and kerry, about how the USA government wants to fact-track the chip quickly.

Im not a complete expert on finance so look forward to everyone's else's take on this
Here's my recommendation. I would normally give the standard disclaimer about not being a financial adviser or whatever, but IMO the professionals have their head way too far up their @$$es to see the big picture.

The point here is being self-sufficient. If you don't have a lot of money, use what you have to store extra food and become more self-sufficient in food production and energy.

If you have a bunch of money sitting in the bank, it would be wise to buy some gold and silver with it and take physical possession. I like Gerald Celente's strategy in the short run (next few years) of having a ratio like 1/3 dollars, 1/3 euros, and 1/3 gold. After 2011 or so, it's anyone's guess what will happen with international finance and the governments of the world. When TSHTF, silver will be the main currency for buying groceries or such. Gold will mainly be used for big purchases.

--sjkted
Old 12-30-2009, 11:34 AM   #12
Kundaflower
Avalon Senior Member

Heipparallaa,

In a famous movie were a creature who repeat word "precious" all the time.
He look very unhappy person.....

Invest frends, family, land, good life and be kind yourself.
And if you think future much, think how make things better....
Love
KF
Kundaflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 02:08 PM   #13
greenelephant
Avalon Senior Member

With respect Kundaflower I understand your views but I think you are missing my point. I dont suggest we live an operate in a financial system like the one we are in. But we need a 'system' of commerce to pay for our basic necessities to ensure people live long enough to enter a 'spiritual utopia'

Your forgetting the vast majority of people in society are still asleep and to suggest to them to abandon the notion that we need a financial system most likely is inconceivable to them. We will need a monetary value for exchange to pay for food, water, blankets, fuel and other necessities to fulfil our basic needs to live. The economic crash could come at any time, we all know this, it has been on a knife's edge for some time. How will people survive and live until we reach the moment in time when spirituality will reign from when the crash will happen?

The only person so far I have seen attack the idea of PM's is a professor called nouriel roubini. But his arguements are flawed.
He claims that gold bull market is a bubble in danger. This is contradiction to numerous claims that the physical market is suppressed and manipulated to create consumer confidence in the currency markets.
He also claims that PM's are only on their way down and links this to the deflation and low interest rates set by the central banks. Once the banks raise interest rates the currency market will recover, PM's have to go down.
Well... reducing the interest rates wont solve the problem, its just slowing down the consequences of all our monetary debt. If interest rates go higher then its just pressing the fast forward switch to monetary collapse.

If you believe I have misquoted or slandered him, there are many critics against his view. GATA for example totally disagree with his projections as well as other testimonies available on the internet. tyoe in "roubini gold wrong"

Quote:
After receiving BA in political economics at Bocconi University and doctorate in international economics at Harvard University, he began academic research and policy making by teaching at Yale while also spending time at the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the Federal Reserve, World Bank, and Bank of Israel. Much of his early studies focused on emerging markets. During the administration of President Bill Clinton, he was a senior economist for the Council of Economic Advisers, later moving to the United States Treasury Department as a senior adviser to Timothy Geithner, who is now Treasury Secretary.
from wikipedia.com

He's also worked with several elite organisations in the past.

But the questions I have now in my mind is whether the central banks being affiliated with TPTB, will resort to dirty tricks to steal the wealth of PM investors. The gold bug phenomenom has been public for some while and suspect TPTB wont be to happy with this. China, India and Russia could dump their gold reserves and flood the market with bullion crashing the price of PM. But I struggle to think why would it be in their interest to do so. Could they be prepared to sacrifice a section of their wealth to help their elite masters come a step closer to NWO?
May sound preposterous but is definately feasible. I need and would appreciate some help here.

I also would like to say I am arguing the case of gold to see if it is indeed a valuable to preserve wealth and protect people from the dangers of financial upheaval. Any decision you people take is your responsibility and I urge to research and come up with your own conclusion.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:48 PM   #14
greenelephant
Avalon Senior Member

Interestingly I have found this while browsing the web...

http://www.nuwireinvestor.com/blogs/...ar-future.html

It seems the world leaders cant undo the inevitable fact gold is suppressed and is kept artificially low,but unfortunately a lot of countries still like the US Dollar. Question is even though there is speculative talk of coming disasters before and during 2012 till then the governments can buy/sell dollars with ease till that moment in time meaning PM's may never see a justified correction and will remain suppressed. Even if there was a correction the elites may be planning the new financial paradigm (dreaded micro-chip) and secretly implementing in place ready when there is financial volatility and market correction, rendering PM's of little value.

If my link I found isn't fraudulent and is of good integrity, I'm beginning to question if PM's are worthwhile

I haven't reached a conclusion as of yet regarding this information as I don't want to make it on a knee-jerk reaction, but this article does put a slight spanner into the works for the argument of gold

As before, I'm not a full expert. I just want to spread information round and get people talking. What's everyone's opinion on this?
Old 01-09-2010, 03:14 PM   #15
housemouse2
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

I think the question to ask yourself is how readily will the citizen accept a micro-chip? People rebuked the swine flu scare and boxes of unused vaccine are piled up. They are even going to try to do another swine flu scare but it too will fail.

People do not trust the government anymore. Obama failed to be the messiah and deliver us from evil. I certainly will not accept a micro-chip and non of my family would accept it either...and think I'm a little nuts for following the conspiracies.

IMHO the micro-chipping is a disinfo campaign. It's designed to get you paranoid and the information is feed to the public through a number of sources. TPTB know well in advanced the public, no matter how asleep they are, will not take a chip. That is the line. We will not cross it. They have a better chance at banning guns than micro-chipping. Banning guns will spark a civil war.

Nope, the micro chipping idea will not fly and they would know that. they are using it as a scare tactic though.
housemouse2 is offline   Reply With Quote