Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Archived Threads - Read Only

Notices

Archived Threads - Read Only For threads not posted in for 30 days

Old 09-13-2008, 09:08 AM   #1
Slim
Avalon Senior Member

Default Do we have to go our own way???

Where do we fit in?
I really understand that we have to build communities to survive...but,
I, and my partner are just normal, everyday people.
I have 20yrs experience in the paint industry, and my wife has been in child care for the same amount of time.
Reading all these posts about building communities, we don`t seem to fit in to the requirements of suitability to be required.
So what do we do???
Are we relegated to the ranks of the not needed, the same as we would be from the so called elite?
I am so confused at the moment.
I keep getting all these messages in my head about what to do.
Awake and asleep.
I can`t keep up anymore.
All i can see is that i will get her and her children & grandchildren to a probable safe haven.....after that... i don`t see myself.
I accept that, i`m 44 and have been told i won`t see 47, i`m hoping that means 2047, but i think i`m kidding myself.
I just want them to be safe!!!
Any ideas???

Cheers,
Slim.
Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 09:33 AM   #2
Kate
Avalon Senior Member

Location: currently UK, searching for a safe relocation in next year
Default Re: Do we have to go our own way???

aawwww Slim...my heart goes out to you!! I feelnso much empathy witrh you on this issue...and i am sure your voicing what many are feeling right now!
You sound like such a sweet caring person....your family are very lucky indeed!

I have set up a thread for emotional support/help...and people are posting some lovely detailed messages..it might be helpful for u to go there and copy /paste this....( click on my profile and follow my threads-you'll find it)

there is no straight forward answer for any of us...but we have time....and this place
( the site forum) is the 'hub' for connecting/processing/evaluating....the very fact that your here...aware, awake and asking questions is already GIVING YOUR FAMILY a head start...

try and relax, chill, go out and have a lovely day with your loved ones and be IN THE MOMENT ...tomorrow hasnt happened and today is all we have. This is enough ...
B R E A T H E....smile, laugh, play, sing, appreciate what is NOW.

you are a shining star!!

live laugh love learn
fire
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 06:25 PM   #3
She-Ra
Avalon Senior Member

Dear Slim, I agree with what firehorse10 and Patti have said. It's not always clear what one's skills, abilities, strengths and weaknesses are but it doesn't mean you don't have any or can't contribute. It's easier for some than others perhaps because they have experience or knowledge of the circumstances but in many cases skills are transferable and so things you may have done for years could be very useful without even realising it. Everyone/thing counts and you're not alone in your anxeity.

She-Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 06:45 PM   #4
shortyz504
Avalon Senior Member

Don't feel bad, I am a 24 year old college drop out who lives w/ his parents and does not a penny to my name. And my mom and step dad told me today they want me to move out soon, and I don't know where I am going TODAY.

But when I sit and find calm in my mind and heart I am granted faith that the Universe will take care of us all, and Mother Earth will look out for those who look out for her.

If Mother Earth and Father Sky are on your side... then who is against you?

I thank God for this forum, because everyone here helps share the burden and we have a safe haven, if only in virtually. But I do know that thought comes before action, and this forum gives us harmonious thoughts that will be sturdy foundation for noble actions. When the time to act comes, your intuition will lead you to safety. In this world or the next.
shortyz504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 06:52 PM   #5
Administrator
Project Avalon Administrator

Hi Slim

You do not have to do anything as you are doing the biggest thing now and that is BEING AWARE of what could/is going on.

If you are AWARE then if any of this information comes to fruitation, you are not going to be running around panicking like a lot of closed minded people.

With all this information overload coming about, take what fits and leave behind what does not.

Like others said, when the time is right and also if that time ever comes around, you will know what to do, or even know where to come for help.

But take comfort in that you are AWARE but do not let it rule your life with fear.

Love to the family.

Cheers

GateKeeper
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 11:55 PM   #6
sjkted
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Slim,

I think it's safe to say that most of us on the list are not ex-Navy Seals with substantial survival training. Most of us have extremely limited experience living without modern comforts such as electricity and telephones.

There is a purpose why you are awake and participating in these forums. And I can tell you it is much more substantial than possibly dying in a few years. The whole magnitude of what is happening can seem dire at times, but I don't think that anything is written in stone yet and that our survival and well-being depends on the actions we take right now.

George Green covers some of this in his books, but if you listen to your intuition you will find the path you need to take that is right for you. And of course, everyone here will help as much as possible.

-- sjkted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim View Post
Where do we fit in?
I really understand that we have to build communities to survive...but,
I, and my partner are just normal, everyday people.
I have 20yrs experience in the paint industry, and my wife has been in child care for the same amount of time.
Reading all these posts about building communities, we don`t seem to fit in to the requirements of suitability to be required.
So what do we do???
Are we relegated to the ranks of the not needed, the same as we would be from the so called elite?
I am so confused at the moment.
I keep getting all these messages in my head about what to do.
Awake and asleep.
I can`t keep up anymore.
All i can see is that i will get her and her children & grandchildren to a probable safe haven.....after that... i don`t see myself.
I accept that, i`m 44 and have been told i won`t see 47, i`m hoping that means 2047, but i think i`m kidding myself.
I just want them to be safe!!!
Any ideas???

Cheers,
Slim.
sjkted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 12:11 AM   #7
Merlyn
Avalon Senior Member

===

Slim,

Please read the first post on this thread on this Forum link:

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=742

I think this might help you.
Merlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 12:27 AM   #8
stresswon
Avalon Senior Member

hey man, live for now. Live for your fam, the rest will come together.
stresswon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 02:40 AM   #9
Morgan
Avalon Senior Member

Slim - you're ok! It's more about attitude and mentality than it is about utility. Everyone is going to have a job to do in this uncertain new world. I have no skills, I don't know how to garden or build things or anything - but I know that the master gardeners among us cannot do all of the gardening work; the master carpenters among us cannot build all new structures; etc. etc. They will need help, and if there are skills I *do* have, they are curiosity and willingness to learn/help out!

So keep your head up, do what you can for now to keep it together You'll figure out what needs to be figured out, and when the time comes you will act as you need to.
Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 03:15 AM   #10
Trishsgate
Avalon Senior Member

To my understanding from what Bill and Kerry have stated is a safe place can be a street with like minded individuals. As long as you are not motivated to move at the moment who is to tell you to do so. Go with your inner guidance, if things get very rough then moving may have to be an option, whether that takes the form of military or civil unrest that you can no longer handle. There may be communities set up near you that I am sure loving people will take you and your family into their tribe. Just be flexible enough to move if the need arises. I would still suggest preparation methods such as food, water , etc the basics of staying alive are still needed, You must understand to take the power within yourself and build it to a force which allows the utmost guidance and support. Stay calm, live in the moment and don't fear the unknown. IMO try to disconnect from the current form of society it will crumble and out of it will hopefully out of it will emerge a better life than you have experienced. Material things are immaterial and don't exist in my world try to be content with whatever happens. True contentment arises from being content with "all" aspects of your life.
Trishsgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 04:00 AM   #11
Jonathon
Avalon Senior Member

Yes and keep in mind too that nearly all of us are still in the information gathering and filtering stage. At some point in the near future we hope to have more actionable material and processes to go on. Make the best contacts you can in this forum and help us by imparting whatever knowledge you have. Whether that be technical, spiritual or even just moral support.

A lot of us are sharing these reservations and uncertainties. I can attest it has been (and continues to be) quite a roller coaster. The sheer volumes of information alone can be overwhelming. Not to mention the emotions that come as a natural part of 'waking up'. My best advice is: Let them pass through you. You have an important role to play. After all, you are here.
Jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 04:07 AM   #12
doodah
Avalon Senior Member

Firehorse has a good idea there ...You are having some anxiety about what to choose, or whether you should even be choosing anything at all. And I agree with Patti, whoever told you you won't see 47... Don't paint yourself out of this picture if you want to be in it. First you get all those people to a safe haven, then stick around and get to work doing what needs to be done.

If you are afraid you have no skills to offer, use the time you have now. Learn something that will be useful in a non-electric world. Learn to use a hammer. Take a gardening course. Learn how to build a fire without matches, Bics, or Zippos. If you can do a few things, you won't feel so useless. If you're out of shape, start getting in shape.

You don't have to decide right now, but as Gatekeeper said, use this time to build awareness, against the time when you might need it. Consider it research. Don't fret, just study and learn, for now.

May your mind rest.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 05:41 AM   #13
Slim
Avalon Senior Member

THANKS everyone,
I am so glad to have found somewhere.....where i fit in.
After reading these replys, and remembering all the things i have done in my life, I can do and be anything I want to be, as can we all.
I built a self sustaining vege garden at my old house, used a watering system from our gutters, as well the flow off from a neighbours land.
People were amazed that i built a fence by myself without all the so call essentials.
By that, i mean that i looked, i dug the holes, put in the posts, built the rest,
all by eye, didn`t measure a thing.
Also, remembered a saying my dad once told me,
he left us for the good place in `95, but he`s with me everyday.

"Nobody can make you feel inferior, without your permission."

As for the 47 thing, which, don`t laugh, came to me in a dream,
(Mind you, you are right, i got smashed by a car at 13, shouldn`t be here from what i was told. But i am, for what reason i don`t know? You are right, don`t worry about what could happen, if it is destined, it will).

i also had another dream, where i was taken away and told that my insides had been fixed, and that i could go back now, i had jobs to do that hadn`t been finished yet...
This is the only place i have found where i feel comfortable saying these things, I feel that you won`t all laugh at me like everyone else.
Except my partner, and mum.

Cheers,
Slim.
Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 05:04 PM   #14
doodah
Avalon Senior Member

Hey Slim,

Welcome!

Half or maybe all the people on this site have been laughed at all our lives. But, as they say, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, so here we are, making visions of the future that do NOT include TPTB. You were fixed and sent back, and here you are too!

I think you are in a "transitional" phase, moving from in the box to out of the box. This is usually accompanied by some anxiety, as you suddenly realize you can't talk to people anymore, or what interests them doesn't interest you. You are already out of the box in your heart but playing the outside game every day. You are thinking of your official in-the-box resume. But your life's resume is quite different and includes many, many valuable skills. Focus there and expand them!

If you begin to connect with people on this site, you may find yourself desiring to join a community where you can talk about this stuff every day.

Your building stories were great! Obviously you are some kind of natural engineer. That is a talent. You are very creative, a characteristic that will be invaluable when those around you are saying, "We can't do this." You will look around and say, "Oh, I think we can."

You may be intimidated by all these folks who seem to be experts at one thing or another. But here's a clue ... a lot of them won't be able to do what they think they can do in an environment where they can't get all the "proper" stuff. They are not creative thinkers, by and large. Yes, you can do solar energy if you have solar panels. But solar panels are a high-tech item. What do you do when we are no longer high-tech? Big question. It requires thinking beyond our existing culture and industry.

There's a guy who has invented a solar cooker. It's made from a cardboard box, alunimum foil, and a glass jar, all properly researched, measured, and studied. He's at Brigham Young University, I think. That's the kind of thinking that will be needed if it comes to it, if you can find cardboard and aluminum foil, that is.

Everyone on this website is working spiritually, mentally, meditatively, creatively, to help create a future in which none of this will be necessary. On the other hand, it doesn't hurt to be prepared. If you listen to Michael St. Clair's Futuretalk 2 on Project Camelot, he says there are coming electromagnetic changes that will affect everything ... there will be mental and psychological changes because of this naturally-occurring energy influx. Many of those changes may be very disruptive. In the face of that, even without wars or devastation, it pays to be thinking about the things we talk about here. But, again, people will laugh at you if you tell them that ... so don't bother. Just do your thing!

All good wishes to you!

Last edited by doodah; 09-14-2008 at 05:12 PM.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 05:50 PM   #15
firstfruit
Avalon Senior Member

Your self place is within. You generate it good or bad it’s up to you my brother what do you want

Fear hate and anger are the norm.

Don’t concentrate on what you don’t want focus truly desire what you do want

Whether you are your self or with a croup it make on difference you all at this moment in time still have the personal responsibility to imagine a future you can find comfort in and stay there its not easy especially when you have family please remember there is no death my friend its hard to understand the fear of losing what you don’t have in all honestly when you conceder no death and slavery to an evil fear based system what do you really have to lose fear not my friend remember like attracts like its not about survival its about transcending all that is

It’s all up to you my brother

All are humans becoming help us become

My love brother
firstfruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 05:58 PM   #16
abe22

You have shown good qualities and wisdom by questioning yourself, your role and your familys future. All of us have different experiences, feelings, personalities etc - no one person will be better than another

Just find people who have samiliar feelings about this stuff as yourself. Talk to family, friends etc you know who are close by too you and discuss in simple terms where nearby would be a good place to survive and start off again

Many people are sceptics and/or blind, you need to address people you love close to you in different ways to cater to the person, situation and your relationship to them. I myself have to be careful with how i talk in front of my parents, but i plan to gradually get my father interested in what may happen forr my own individual reaons. This will prove hard as he thinks im a maverick etc and may take me wrongly.

Be patient and always have belief in yourself
Old 09-14-2008, 05:58 PM   #17
arcora
Banned

How come, from a forum that purports to have so much LOVE, nobody simply stated that Slim and his family are welcome regardless of whether or not they can contribute?
arcora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 05:58 PM   #18
peacelovinman
Avalon Senior Member

Hey Slim

I know how you feel, believe me, but I echo all that's been said so far. You'll know what to do when the time comes.

And you are wanted, you are wanted very much. The time of survival by competing with each other is almost over; the time of survival by cooperating with each other is just around the corner.

Peace to you and your family, from me and mine.

PLM.
peacelovinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:04 AM   #19
Morgan
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcora View Post
How come, from a forum that purports to have so much LOVE, nobody simply stated that Slim and his family are welcome regardless of whether or not they can contribute?
Because, speaking for myself alone here, I believe *ANYONE* can contribute, regardless of what they perceive themselves as having skills-wise. Even story tellers, people for moral support, strength in numbers, thinkers, handholders, etc. EVERYONE has a skill to offer.
Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:28 AM   #20
Circlewerk
Avalon Senior Member

Slim~

That fear/panic you have? It creeps up on me on occasion too, It's old stuff...the trappings of out dated programming..
Part of my process has been to distinguish higher knowing from conditioned responses..
In that higher knowing?
I remember that you & I are one, and we belong to each other..
No matter your past, your abilities or lack thereof, what you do or do not bring to the table..
The only thing required when I look in your eyes, is love.
You can have what I have, I am you.
I've remembered that I came here now for a big reason, and it does not include dividing myself form anyone, or sitting idly by with a full stomach while you beg for food and shelter.
Come inside brother, bring your family. We love you guys.
Welcome home.

Circles,
CW
Circlewerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:06 AM   #21
capricorn rising

Slim!

Good to see you (old friend from another forum). Hey I'm not much of a community organizer myself lol! Yep, I'll be going this alone. peace!