Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 11-08-2008, 06:10 PM   #1
ophiuchus
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation people being herded into gold for the kill?

here is an article on the value of gold that i would recommend to anyone who has bought gold or is contemplating buying gold. this guy states anyone buying physical gold is in for a losing proposition. that there will be no hedge. if my comprehension of the article is correct, it says we're being herded into gold for the kill. it's from rense.com, "planetary deflation","explaining gold to gold bugs again", by al martin, 11-7-8. if anyone could shed some light here because this flys in the face of a lot of other info(or propaganda). certain groups know that a panic stricken population is primed to be taken advantage of to separate them from their money and security if they're fool enough to be influenced by hysteria.http://rense.com/general84/planet.htm

Last edited by ophiuchus; 11-08-2008 at 10:41 PM.
ophiuchus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 06:15 PM   #2
sammytray
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: people being herded into gold for the kill?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophiuchus View Post
here is an article on the value of gold that i would recommend to anyone who has bought gold or is contemplating buying gold. this guy states anyone buying physical gold is in for a losing proposition. that there will be no hedge. if my comprehension of the article is correct, it says we're being herded into gold for the kill. it's from rense.com, "planetary deflation","explaining gold to gold bugs again", by al martin, 11-7-8. if anyone could shed some light here because this flys in the face of a lot of other info(or propaganda). certain groups know that a panic stricken population is primed to be taken advantage of to separate them from their money and security if they're fool enough to be influenced by hysteria.
I will have to agree that WHENEVER advice is given as to investments (like gold) through main stream media, you can bet your but there is a good reason for it and it probably isnt for all who buy gold will be somehow "safe" from a collapse.
sammytray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:17 PM   #3
Zarathustra
Avalon Senior Member

It is true that someone who buys gold or silver right now as an "investment" is mistaken. Owning gold and silver now is not about "making" or "earning" money, it is about transferring assets from u.s. dollars, which will soon become relatively worthless, into something that retains value. Purchasing freeze dried foods could be viewed in the same light as the proper motivation to purchase gold and silver right now.

p.s. those being set up for the kill are the ones investing in the Comex market, purchasing "paper" gold and silver instead of obtaining the physical...

Z
Zarathustra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 09:22 PM   #4
Ngai Te Rangi
Avalon Senior Member

Assuming "Svali" was correct in her assumption that before the economy collapsed, it was suggested that people get out of debt ASAP, ditch the dollar and purchase GOLD. That couldn't be too bad advice considering she had the "inside" call.
Ngai Te Rangi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 10:47 PM   #5
Mike_Jetson
Avalon Senior Member

A flood of gold that has been secretly held back will surely cause deflation.

One example that popped into my mind was if a currency change from dollar to something else was to take place at the same time as massive gold deflation but a lot of folk had no choice but to cash in their gold for new currency then that wouldnt be nice
Mike_Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 10:57 PM   #6
Zarathustra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Jetson View Post

One example that popped into my mind was if a currency change from dollar to something else was to take place at the same time as massive gold deflation but a lot of folk had no choice but to cash in their gold for new currency then that wouldnt be nice
Any deflationary effects are temporary, because we have an economy based on a fiat currency, of which our wonderful FED has a love of printing only bounded by how many keystrokes on a keyboard Bernanke can make in one day. The downward pressure on gold and silver currently is done via manipulation of the Comex, which cannot fill outstanding orders. When the temporary dollar rally ends, and it crashes, gold and silver only have one direction to go, especially if there is a new global currency backed entirely or partially by gold/silver, which would be the reason for governments to hoard it, other than the reasons that we all should be holding it, of course - it has value based upon its limited quantity, unlike the dollar, which is nothing more than an IOU backed by colorful paper.

Z
Zarathustra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:01 PM   #7
Seva
Avalon Senior Member

Question Re: people being herded into gold for the kill?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngai Te Rangi View Post
Assuming "Svali" was correct in her assumption that before the economy collapsed, it was suggested that people get out of debt ASAP, ditch the dollar and purchase GOLD. That couldn't be too bad advice considering she had the "inside" call.

Most people are in some kind of debt, usualy CC. What is going to happen to people who are carring debt? I would think it would be better to have ready assets or a savings right now? i know people who are charging there supplies, food supplies ect. are they making a huge mistake?
Seva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:13 PM   #8
strayslack
Avalon Senior Member

I've wondered the same thing for a while. What happens to your credit card debt if it all goes into the crapper? I mean, can they take your home from you if you can't pay your credit card bill? If the blood from a turnip maxim holds true, what can they do about your cc debt? Repossession of assets?
strayslack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:53 PM   #9
conniec818
Avalon Senior Member

Amero....here it comes...
conniec818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 04:21 AM   #10
FrostyMcunicron
Avalon Senior Member

Location: a box in the inner city w. a slight chance of suburbia New Jersey

some have said the same about silver along with its 90% above ground being spent on industrial use with markets like china & india up & coming.
FrostyMcunicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 04:40 AM   #11
Operator
Avalon Senior Member

Hi,

Well you know of course what they say: "To find a crook follow the money".
So, why follow the money ? You will end up with crooks !

Follow your sense and take care of your health and sustainability.
You need less (or no) money the more you are able to take care of yourself (and 'as much as possible' others of course).
This will be difficult for lots of people but it doesn't mean you shouldn't start.
When the going gets tough the ... so prepare (be less dependent on money)

Cheers
Operator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 06:40 PM   #12
ophiuchus
Avalon Senior Member

just read another article on marketoracle.com.uk that supports my initial article on rense.com stating gold will level out at about $500 because of deflation.http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article7198.html any comments? are we being sucked in?
ophiuchus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 06:43 PM   #13
TruthWillSetUFree
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarathustra View Post
it is true that someone who buys gold or silver right now as an "investment" is mistaken. Owning gold and silver now is not about "making" or "earning" money, it is about transferring assets from u.s. Dollars, which will soon become relatively worthless, into something that retains value. Purchasing freeze dried foods could be viewed in the same light as the proper motivation to purchase gold and silver right now.

P.s. Those being set up for the kill are the ones investing in the comex market, purchasing "paper" gold and silver instead of obtaining the physical...

Z
That's a fact Jack!
TruthWillSetUFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 06:44 PM   #14
TruthWillSetUFree
Avalon Senior Member

Al Martin also predicted that the election would be called off.
TruthWillSetUFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 03:40 AM   #15
BarryC
Avalon Senior Member

I have to say that my impression of rense.com is not good - swift-boating rants; really anti-Semitic - tending to reflect poorly on any who associated with them - just another way for the 'powers-that-be' to set us fighting against and blaming one-another and distract us from improving ourselves and our situation.

On the other hand I do think that in a real emergency - precious metals decline in value because folks need necessities (food etc.) and are willing to sell their commodities to get them.

Last edited by BarryC; 11-11-2008 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Improved grammar
BarryC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 03:43 AM   #16
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

most credit card debt, is NOT SECURED

however, if it is a line of credit, and, it is against your home

then, i suppose, they could
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 05:24 AM   #17
broken arrow
Avalon Senior Member

Last edited by broken arrow; 12-05-2008 at 05:27 AM.
broken arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 05:26 AM   #18
Mr X
Project Camelot Witness

I tend to believe that god or silver is not a good idea. It has been artificially kept down over the last 6 months. Rense.com is right on target. It should be 2K per oz by now. I have seen it drop over night as much as 30 US dollars for NO APPARENT REASON. And to add to the opinion of Rense, they sound anti-Semitic because that is where the money is...face it. I don't think they want us fighting amongst ourselves, they just wnat us to see things from a different angle. I think there are rotten eggs in every sect. Some rotten eggs have more money, and that is why the attitude. Don't get me wrong, I love the Jewish faith and what it stands for. It's not my opinion, just a fact... to see the root cause of all things, follow the money. The answer is always there.
Mr X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 05:27 AM   #19
ralok_j
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by strayslack View Post
I've wondered the same thing for a while. What happens to your credit card debt if it all goes into the crapper? I mean, can they take your home from you if you can't pay your credit card bill? If the blood from a turnip maxim holds true, what can they do about your cc debt? Repossession of assets?
Get a judgment, go after your assets, garnish your wages.
ralok_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 05:53 AM   #20
MMe M
Avalon Senior Member

Thats all I could think of when I keep hearing buy gold now before its too late. I remember what Lindsay Williams said about the late seventies when the government persuaded the arabs to buy gold. I remember myself the reports of arabs having gold fixtures on their toilets or gold toilets even, gold silverware, gold everything. They ran the gold markets sky high just for them and then guess what....the bottom fell out.

Suckered. Only thing is, there doing it to ttheir own this time the evil s.o.b.'s

This just seems like a repeat to me. Like it was long ago enough no one will put one and one together. Maybe many havent but it isnt as though were talking about ancient history here. Henry Kissinger needs some new material, he's repeating himself or has alsheimers.
MMe M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:01 AM   #21
Kelphi
Avalon Senior Member

The thing is if you are starving you would give an oz of gold away for a piece of bread. So don't buy gold. Buy food and supplies. And don't take someone else's gold either for food or anything else. Feed him freely or perhaps boarder for supplies or services.

If you encounter me out there I will have food and water but I will not take gold for it, but rather something else of good use. Gold will be of no use. Food, fuel, wood, water, clothing, tools, seeds, etc.

Folks this is the end of the road. Where we are going we can not take gold.
Kelphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:02 PM   #22
TAXMASTER
Avalon Senior Member

greetings,

as a student of precious metals, let me say this; for every chart interpreted one way, you can find 5 different opinions disagreeing. i think you will see that most of those that say gold will go down to $500, they also say that when hyperinflation starts, it will shoot up almost overnight. So do not buy gold to make money, buy to preserve wealth in the long run.

most of you that say that food is more valuable than gold, you are correct in a manner of speaking. i do not believe our civilization will get so primitive that gold will not have value. it is easily transportable and widely acceptable as a universal system of currency. i don't see the central banks stuffing seeds in their vaults.

Namaste'
TAXMASTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:21 PM   #23
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi Mike_Jetson,

A flood of gold on the market would not create deflation but gold inflation lowering its' value drastically.

This would mean that gold would become less useful for financial purposes.

Then the 'richer folk' buy all this low value gold and hoard it again, and, by limiting access would make it once again something of value, of course benefiting from this change of value and by controlling how much gold would be placed on the market.

It's an old Rothschild trick.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Jetson View Post

Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:59 PM   #24
sunflower
Avalon Senior Member

So do not buy gold to make money, buy to preserve wealth in the long run.

most of you that say that food is more valuable than gold, you are correct in a manner of speaking. i do not believe our civilization will get so primitive that gold will not have value. it is easily transportable and widely acceptable as a universal system of currency. i don't see the central banks stuffing seeds in their vaults.

Isn't this what is recommended on Avalon? (whistleblowers...) Buy gold and silver coins, store food and seeds and collect items for barter. Get out of debt and off the grid as much as possible. And if you must, move to a safer place. Diversify and be flexible. Maintain a positive attitude and balance in your outlook. And get on with life!!!
sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 03:42 PM   #25
RubyTuesday
Avalon Senior Member

Put your money in food first- I agree w/that wholeheartedly. You can't eat gold.

That said, if you have your food supply and also have a bunch of federal reserve notes sitting around I'd put my money in a precious metal before leaving it in dollars. The dollar has decreased in value 96% since 1913. An ounce of gold will buy pretty much the same stuff it bought in 1913. A dollar will not. It seems to me the dollar is being intentionally crashed for global currency or whatever purpose they have these days. Even if there is deflation and your gold loses value it is still worth something. The dollar may not be so lucky. Anyone read up on the Weimar Republic?
RubyTuesday is offline   Reply With Quote