Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Old 03-20-2009, 04:47 PM   #26
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: What is your earliest memory in this life?

I don't know if this has happened to anyone else but i asked quite a few youngsters my kids generation 30 something and the generation under that 20 something many didn't have much recall when asked what there first memory was.
Is this something the older ones recall because it seems the older you get what happened last week seems harder to remember rather than what happened years ago.

All those old soldiers seem to remember explicitly when asked about there war time capers and they would have only been 18 plus then.
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 06:55 PM   #27
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqui D View Post
I don't know if this has happened to anyone else but i asked quite a few youngsters my kids generation 30 something and the generation under that 20 something many didn't have much recall when asked what there first memory was.
Is this something the older ones recall because it seems the older you get what happened last week seems harder to remember rather than what happened years ago.

All those old soldiers seem to remember explicitly when asked about there war time capers and they would have only been 18 plus then.
Your earliest memory is not something that you begin to remember when you get older. You have always remembered it. Quite possible there is something wrong with young people's memory.
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:30 PM   #28
pyrangello
Avalon Senior Member

17 Months old , I remember watching the funeral for our president John F Kennedy on the TV in black and white . I remember the horse driven carraige and the feeling of sadness.
pyrangello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 03:27 AM   #29
vagabunda
Avalon Senior Member

one of my earliest memories...besides being in my cot or pram...is toddling off out of the house, about 18 months old, down the road to the sweet shop...i sat my bum down next to a low shelf and start helping myself...my (very attentive, btw!) mum comes in right behind me rather frantic and relieved, of course...and so began my wanderings...i hope that wasn't an imagined memory, after all i do recall only being a couple of feet off the ground!
one other thing, as a small infant (6 mos), i was brought to a place, a park-like area with trees...and brought back to the same place, much later, after i was able to speak and after the area had been cleared and asked, what happened to the trees?
vagabunda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 08:14 AM   #30
Lawrence of Australia
Avalon Senior Member

I have trouble remembering my early childhood. My mum and grandma tell me about things that happened when they were three. I am 28. My earliest memories are of my 7th or 8th year... and those memories are still images. Perhaps i am only remembering looking at a photograph... I agree with the proposition forwarded in this thread. There is something wrong with my memory.
Lawrence of Australia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 03:23 AM   #31
Richie
Avalon Senior Member

I actually remember being in the womb.I came into my mother a few days before I was born.I remember,upon arriaval,I tried to take a deep breath and there was no air.Then It dawned on me that that I can't breath untill birth and I needed to remain still and calm.I remember hearing many voices but I can't remember what was said.I remember thinking in english.No joke.what I have said is true.I am not and indigo child.I also remember drowning at a lake outing before I was (2) two years old.I remember the details causing my drowning but nothing afterwards.I do know,somehow,that there is much more to us than this existance.Oh yea,my dad found me and got me out of the water and somehow the water came out of me.That was about 50 years ago.
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote