Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 12-01-2009, 06:37 PM   #551
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Default Re: The secret life of plants

Love Always
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:00 PM   #552
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudra View Post
Thank you for sharing your experience of communicating with plants Gnosis.
It is wonderfull to open one's heart to these sentient beings.
I have seen these patterns you describe in the branches too.
Once you become receptive nature's world brings so much perspective and insight.
It is rather impossible to feel alone while in nature ...

Love from me
mudra
G'day Mudra!

Even though I rejoice in all the life force in the Stream of Life, I am also now looking at it from an Exterior-to-Life vantage point. After many hours of guided looking I was finally able to break free from my attachment to my favorite "Game Lord" and thus the "Stream of Life".

In regards to this system here on earth I see that it is a degraded system for all the life expressions here, but they somehow can still be Life, which ever amazes me.

But seeing the corruption behind it is what helped me to make the decision to step outside the Stream of Life and still addressing it.

I'm not totally home free yet :-)

love,
gnosis
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:37 PM   #553
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Life just is ...Now the many ways we look at it give it some color or shades .
When we look for beauty it 's always there to be find .
Sometimes it 's hidden to our eyes but to the soul's heart there is always Light
to be shed in the darkest corners.

Love from me
mudra
Old 12-04-2009, 03:38 PM   #554
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Love Always
mudra
Old 12-04-2009, 03:42 PM   #555
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Love Always
mudra
Old 12-04-2009, 04:11 PM   #556
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

Luminari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:03 PM   #557
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Thank you for your lovely contribution to the garden Luminari

Love from me
mudra
Old 12-07-2009, 01:05 PM   #558
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Love from me
mudra
Old 12-10-2009, 11:54 PM   #559
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Love Always
mudra

Last edited by mudra; 12-11-2009 at 12:03 AM.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:34 PM   #560
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

The birds and the bees : binaural beats

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV9Ch...eature=related

Love Always
mudra
Old 12-18-2009, 05:33 PM   #561
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

How to Make Wild Bird Seed Suet Cakes

Making wild bird seed suet cakes is one of the best things you can do to help the wild birds through the winter. It is easy to make and easy is to keep suet available for them.

Instructions

Things You'll Need:

1 cup Crunchy Peanut Butter
1 cup Lard or Shortening
2 cups Oatmeal
2 cups Cornmeal
1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 cup Wheat Germ
1/2 cup Hulled Sunflower Seeds (no salt)
1/ cup Chopped Dried Cranberries
Saucepan
5 - 6 Plastic Sandwich Containers lined with Foil

Step 1
Wild Bird Seed Suet
Assemble all ingredients, chop the cranberries and line the sandwich containers with foil.

You can use raisins or dried currants, but I find that my local birds like the tartness of the cranberries.

Step 2

Wild Bird Seed Suet
Melt the lard (or shortening) and peanut butter in a medium saucepan.

Step 3

Wild Bird Seed Suet
Add all of the rest of the ingredients to the pan and mix well.

Step 4

Wild Bird Seed Suet
Scoop the mixture into prepared sandwich containers and allow to cool and harden. We set ours outside, if it's cold. Otherwise, putting them in the fridge for about and hour or two helps speed up this process.

Step 5

Wild Bird Seed Suet
Remove from containers, when suet cakes have hardened completely. Wrap in plastic wrap and store in the freezer until ready for use.

Love Always
mudra
Old 12-19-2009, 03:06 AM   #562
Clarityofawareness
Avalon Senior Member

I'm sometimes a veggitarian, but only when ever I hate plants. lol. Kidding.

Seriously though, I think that plants were like animals at one time and that they have evolved into who they are now because they are much closer to oneness than us.
Clarityofawareness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 04:17 AM   #563
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Thank Mudra for the recipe. We have furry black squirrels here in Toronto and they are a bit more aggressive than the birds about reaching for the feed, but the birds do manage to get some.

love,
gnosis
Old 12-20-2009, 08:12 PM   #564
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Love Always
mudra
Old 12-20-2009, 08:20 PM   #565
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarityofawareness View Post
Seriously though, I think that plants were like animals at one time and that they have evolved into who they are now because they are much closer to oneness than us.
I can see what you see Clarityofawareness..In the realm of evolution I believe humans come last .In the mineral kingdom crystals seem to have reached enlightment, the vegetal kingdom has done through the expression of the flowers, the animal kingdom shows empathy and unconditional Love that us humans are often lackiing .
There is a lot to learn from the silence and peace a rose bud carries.

Love from me
mudra
Old 12-20-2009, 08:22 PM   #566
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnosis5 View Post
Thank Mudra for the recipe. We have furry black squirrels here in Toronto and they are a bit more aggressive than the birds about reaching for the feed, but the birds do manage to get some.

love,
gnosis
Prepare some extra one for the squirrels too .. they too need to find their way through the lack of food that winter brings .

Love from me
mudra
Old 12-27-2009, 01:39 AM   #567
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Love Always
mudra
Old 12-27-2009, 12:44 PM   #568
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Love Always
mudra
Old 01-02-2010, 06:08 PM   #569
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Love Always
mudra
Old 01-06-2010, 12:38 PM   #570
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Healing Gardens
Hand in Hand with Nature

Time spent in nature’s embrace is a soothing reminder of the fact that we also are products of the natural world’s ingenuity. We feel at home in a quiet forest and are comforted by the pounding surf of the seaside. In both the sunny meadow and the shaded waterfall’s grotto, stress and tension we have long retained melts away. Finding opportunities to reconnect with nature to enjoy its healing benefits can be difficult, however. Planting and tending a garden allows us to spend time with Mother Nature in a very personal and hands-on way. We work in tandem with nature while gardening—honoring the seasons, participating in the life cycle of various organisms, experiencing the unique biorhythms of our environments, and transcending all that divides us from the natural world. As we interact with the soil, we are free to be ourselves and reflect upon meditative topics. Fresh air invigorates us, while our visceral connection to the earth grounds us.

Though you may plant a garden to grow food or herbs, or for the pleasure of seeing fresh flowers in bloom, you will likely discover that the time you spend working in your plot feels somehow more significant than many of the seemingly more important tasks you perform each day. Whether your garden can be measured in feet or is a collection of plants in pots, tending it can be a highly spiritual experience. You, by necessity, develop a closer relationship with the soil, seeds, water, and sunlight. Nurturing just a single plant means cultivating a deeper understanding of the mechanisms that permit it to thrive. A true healing garden is simply one where you feel comfortable plunging your hands into the earth, lingering over seedlings and plants to observe their growth. And yes, even caressing and talking to plants. Creating beauty through the creative use of space, and giving yourself over to awe when you realize that you have worked hand in hand with nature to give birth to something, is truly wonderful.

The partnership that is formed when you collaborate with Mother Nature through gardening is wonderful in that it provides you with so many opportunities to be outdoors. You will be reminded of not only your connection to the earth but also of your unique gifts that allow you to give back to the earth.

From DailyOM

Love Always
mudra
Old 01-06-2010, 01:14 PM   #571
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Working with Our Insect Neighbors
The Insect Kingdom

A change of season may bring about a change in the insect activity in and around your home. Rather than heading for the fly swatter or bug spray or calling the exterminator, try working with the insect kingdom rather than fighting it. Making this choice on a conscious level puts you in touch with nature, allowing you to create harmony within your ecosystem.

Insects "bug" us for shelter, water, or food, but they can also come into our lives to bring us a message. Though many cultures have decided what insects represent to them, you may be able to decipher their message just by thinking about their attributes. For example, bees may be telling you to communicate psychically with your family or to spread your talents like pollen. Their buzzing could be warning you about someone who could sting you or reminding you to stop and smell the flowers. Once you get their message, they may leave on their own. But if they don’t, you may want to spend a few days patiently inviting them to leave. In meditation or aloud, explain that this is your home and that the insect world is outdoors. While you understand their hunger and thirst, you will provide them with a designated place outside. Be sure to offer them appropriate food and make a commitment to replenish the supply regularly. You can even make a ceremony of it: Choose a time such as sunset every Sunday, or every full moon, then create a line of demarcation around your home with sage or by sprinkling some herbs before giving your offering. This serves the dual purpose of keeping your bargain with your insect neighbors and keeping you in sync with nature’s cycles.

As we make the decision to respect nature, whether inside our homes, outside enjoying a picnic, or while gardening, we acknowledge that we all share the earth and need each other for our mutual survival. As we work together, we learn how to live in harmony with all living beings.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:41 AM   #572
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Know Your Food
Eating Close to the Earth

The food we eat is a multidimensional aspect of our lives. Food provides us with the energy that enables us to grow and prosper. Yet it can be, and frequently is, much, much more. Our food can be an experience in and of itself if we allow it to be. The dishes we remember from childhood offer unmatched comfort. The act of preparing meals can be an art form of the highest caliber. And the nourishment we derive from this fare promotes wellness within us. But many of us, distracted by daily affairs, forget that the profound pleasures of eating go beyond simple sustenance. We eat foods that are convenient or we eat unconsciously, snacking on whatever happens to be on hand. To understand the true value of food and the impact it can have on our lives, we should acknowledge and honor it by eating close to the earth.

If you have ever shelled and eaten garden-grown peas or bitten into a sun-warmed apple freshly plucked from its tree, you likely understand that there is a marked difference between these foods and those that are processed and stacked on supermarket shelves. Food recently picked contains more of its original life force and thus has a greater store of energy and nutrients. You can ensure you are eating close to the earth—and enjoying the many benefits of doing so—by shopping at a local farmers market and getting to know the individuals who grow your food. If you make the experience of shopping in this way enjoyable, you will be more apt to reject more convenient canned, packaged, and frozen foods in favor of the real delight you feel while browsing stalls of fresh foods nourished by the same soil you can find in your own backyard. You will soon learn what foods are in season in your area and how to prepare them.

As you savor the vivid flavors of juicy ripe fruits and the hearty crunch of unprocessed vegetables, you can also take pleasure in the fact that, by eating close to the earth, you are supporting farmers in your region, connecting with your local ecosystem, discouraging those who would waste precious fossil fuels by carting produce cross-country, and helping to preserve healthy culinary traditions that have existed for centuries.

From daily Om

Love Always
mudra
Old 01-07-2010, 04:29 AM   #573
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudra View Post
Life just is ...Now the many ways we look at it give it some color or shades .
When we look for beauty it 's always there to be find .
Sometimes it 's hidden to our eyes but to the soul's heart there is always Light
to be shed in the darkest corners.

Love from me
mudra
I won't argue that with you that's for sure. You speak higher than I do.
I still miss that first flower I created.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:30 AM   #574
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Old 01-10-2010, 07:37 PM   #575
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnosis5 View Post
I won't argue that with you that's for sure. You speak higher than I do.
I still miss that first flower I created.
It's all there in your heart dear Gnosis
No time ..only Love
The next time you are witness to the blossoming of a flower
just know you are part of it's creation.

Love for You
mudra