Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:04 PM   #26
stiros
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Everyone should watch this...

Thank you recallone,
Thank you for your clarifications.

The “school” I was talking about is more like this: I will be submitted to circumstances and I have to find the answers myself, from within.

Personally I think, In a way that everyone is forcing the type of school onto themselves, from a spiritual level.
For example: I want to experience true love, this sounds easy, some simple words, and it is my inner wish.
If we use “the emotional scale” I find out for example, that I am jealous.
To get rid of the jealousy, I have to make it conscious to me, and then the jealousy disappears, but I have to substitute it with love instead.
And “my experience world” is giving me the possibilities to solve this problem.

About “If you're neutral about the victimization of thousands of innocents, then you must be a monster!”:
If neutral means the same as, to observe without fear feelings, I agree.

But in a situation, that I can change to something positive, by being brave.
And if I don't act, then I think it is cowardice and it is not “something pure higher”.
For example:
I come to a place and three people are handle, a kind and innocent person that you know, very roughly.
There are some possibilities of action:
Look the other way and silent move away from this place.
Shout to them: “Shame on you”, in a strong voice, and see if that works.
Shout to them, and tell the attackers, to leave, of course they attack you instead, and then you tell them: “You will probably kill me, but I will probably kill one of you.” in a strong voice.

So, I have a question to everybody: What is the right thing to do?

Comments very appreciated
stiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:24 PM   #27
recallone
Avalon Senior Member

You see, the very act of asking the question 'What is the right thing to do?' is endorsing the polarity of it - that there is a right and wrong action to take. That's the point I've been trying to make. I can tell you what I would do in a situation like the one you described, which would be right for me - but maybe not so right for someone else. There is no right and wrong thing to do.

If I saw three guys beating the **** out of someone I knew, I can tell you without reservation that I would jump in and deal as much damage to those three individuals as needed to protect the one being attacked. But I'm a big guy, and I'm dangerous in a physical confrontation. A 100 lb woman, on the other hand wouldn't likely take the same approach for obvious reasons. And the three people, for all you know - could have just caught that one person doing something that absolutely justified a beat-down. Too much is unknown.

Absolutes of wrong and right are about as plausible as saying that everybody fits one of twelve personality types on the astrological wheel. There are far too many variables to make that argument viable.

So, what's right for you? Go inside and get your answer.
recallone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:40 PM   #28
stiros
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you recallone,
I know about these things you mention, I am “the-testing-of-mechanisms-type-of-person”.
It seems to be an honest answer of a good person (I am aware).
I will also follow my heart, “because it is right”.
I will go for “the interfere way” of handling in this situation.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:54 PM   #29
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Suffering is part of the path to enlightement. We should bless our "enemies" because they give us an opportunity to bounce back on the good that we are and express our soul qualities. Those counter forces they will hit us again again and manifest around us until we realize that if there is one " real " enemy it lays within ourselves and that the fastest way to have peace in the world is by finding peace within and demonstrating it without.

What striked me in Steve's video is that no blood was shed and no killing took place. Did these wild animals gather for the occasion of having humans watching them and make this scenario to teach them something? The lions they rescued the small buffalo from the water and gave him a chance by sitting next to him rather then devore him straight away.And they then allowed the pack to come back as a group and chase them away. In the beginning the pack of buffalos ran away in fear and a baby was lost..In the end the pack came back in strengh and the baby was saved..No signs of rage or ferocity but just strengh and dignity in both camps.

Kindness
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:42 AM   #30
stiros
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudra View Post
Suffering is part of the path to enlightement. We should bless our "enemies" because they give us an opportunity to bounce back on the good that we are and express our soul qualities. Those counter forces they will hit us again again and manifest around us until we realize that if there is one " real " enemy it lays within ourselves and that the fastest way to have peace in the world is by finding peace within and demonstrating it without.

What striked me in Steve's video is that no blood was shed and no killing took place. Did these wild animals gather for the occasion of having humans watching them and make this scenario to teach them something? The lions they rescued the small buffalo from the water and gave him a chance by sitting next to him rather then devore him straight away.And they then allowed the pack to come back as a group and chase them away. In the beginning the pack of buffalos ran away in fear and a baby was lost..In the end the pack came back in strengh and the baby was saved..No signs of rage or ferocity but just strengh and dignity in both camps.

Kindness
mudra
Thank you mudra for your insights,
We have everybody here in Avalon, more or less, similar thoughts.
But we describe it in different ways, don't you agree?
But it is good, because it is easier for an individual to grasp, they have all different backgrounds and consequently differences in their paradigms.

The animal behaviour that you described and thoughts about that:
I consider animals in a similar way, as I do with a human (body, soul and spirit).
We don't know very much about how different animals think, we don't know about their paradigms.
Maybe the lions were very impressed of the small buffalo-calf.
Maybe the calf was sending strong positive vibes, so they helped the calf in the water instead.
Maybe because they liked this small fighter, it was something adorable in the lions paradigm.
Then to show the other buffalo that lions are no cowardices, they made this kind of proper exit.
Comments appreciated
Old 01-11-2009, 01:22 AM   #31
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Yes Stiros there are many ways to interpret this story brought to us by our animal friends.
As many as our consciousness entitles and so it is in the world of humans as well.
And what seems a threat becomes a blessing . That is the magic of our evolution as Beings.
If you apply enough imagination to a situation to see it through all sides you then are free from it.
That's why it's said that the world is illusion. It seems fixed but when you look at it from a wider perspective it has at the same time many exit doors.

kindness
mudra
Old 01-11-2009, 08:22 PM   #32
recallone
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Suffering is part of the path to enlightement.
Is it, though? It seems to me that a statement like that, while absolutely backed up by a couple of religions, is inaccurate in that it endorses the illusion of time. Like, once you've experienced this, this, and that - THEN you're ready for enlightenment. The more I let go of preconceived notions that are TAUGHT by the very system that seeks to control me and go inside for the answers, the more I understand that alleged process of enlightenment is one of many flawed beliefs that serves to tie us to this dimension of polarity and limitation. While I don't believe it's necessary, I do see the value in it. I used to hold to the idea that in order to truly appreciate what it is to smile, you have to get kicked in the teeth a few times first. Where polarity is concerned, I think its accurate to a point...but not so much in the grand scheme of things.

Quote:
...the fastest way to have peace in the world is by finding peace within and demonstrating it without.
Absolutely.

The whole thing takes place within. There are no true answers that can be had outside of oneself. There may be things that help to point the way, but our ego's inclination to attach itself to the person, book, whatever - is very strong and people still get themselves tripped up on it - more or less still keeping them mired in illusion that a process is involved, or that there is a certain way to achieve it through music, meditation, and so on.
It's an amazing experience, that's all I really know for sure. Trying to figure it out while dismissing the ego's input is a great, big, beautiful puzzle. I love it.

Tony Parsons is being discussed on another thread HERE. In true synchronistic form, what I've been stumbling around trying to explain in a couple of different conversations has been very eloquently explained in the recent interview with Michael St. Clair (on Coast to Coast) and then again by Tony Parsons. I'd never heard of Tony Parsons prior to a couple of days ago, by the way. Good stuff. Audio Page.

Peace
recallone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:38 PM   #33
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

we should all learn from this simple example of sharing love
from the animal world

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBtFT...ategory/30/82/
BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:30 PM   #34
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by recallone View Post
Is it, though? It seems to me that a statement like that, while absolutely backed up by a couple of religions, is inaccurate in that it endorses the illusion of time. Like, once you've experienced this, this, and that - THEN you're ready for enlightenment. The more I let go of preconceived notions that are TAUGHT by the very system that seeks to control me and go inside for the answers, the more I understand that alleged process of enlightenment is one of many flawed beliefs that serves to tie us to this dimension of polarity and limitation. While I don't believe it's necessary, I do see the value in it. I used to hold to the idea that in order to truly appreciate what it is to smile, you have to get kicked in the teeth a few times first. Where polarity is concerned, I think its accurate to a point...but not so much in the grand scheme of things.

Absolutely.

The whole thing takes place within. There are no true answers that can be had outside of oneself. There may be things that help to point the way, but our ego's inclination to attach itself to the person, book, whatever - is very strong and people still get themselves tripped up on it - more or less still keeping them mired in illusion that a process is involved, or that there is a certain way to achieve it through music, meditation, and so on.
It's an amazing experience, that's all I really know for sure. Trying to figure it out while dismissing the ego's input is a great, big, beautiful puzzle. I love it.

Tony Parsons is being discussed on another thread HERE. In true synchronistic form, what I've been stumbling around trying to explain in a couple of different conversations has been very eloquently explained in the recent interview with Michael St. Clair (on Coast to Coast) and then again by Tony Parsons. I'd never heard of Tony Parsons prior to a couple of days ago, by the way. Good stuff. Audio Page.

Peace
Recallone I said that suffering is part of the path..Not that it has to be in order to find enlightment. We do not need to suffer to be blessed. But when we see things as they truly are from the heart and soul then " suffering " is a blessing as much as the " joy " of watching the sunrising. Things just are in the NOW.
Once viewed in the realm of oneness " good " and " bad " are recognized as being part of one unified energy field.

Kindness
mudra
Old 01-11-2009, 10:44 PM   #35
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

I read this in the Sanctuary and am sharing from Lightbeing

We are shaped by our own thoughts;
We become what we think.
When the mid is pure,
Joy follows like a shadow
That never leaves.

Buddah
BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:11 PM   #36
stiros
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOK View Post
we should all learn from this simple example of sharing love
from the animal world

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBtFT...ategory/30/82/
Thank you BROOK for the interesting video,
I was really touched by the love between, the elephant bella and the dog tara.
I got “wet eyes” when I saw it.
I agree, we have to learn from the animals.

Tags
hope, kruger, nwo