Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 12-03-2008, 08:33 PM   #1
Old Cop
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation WARNING! a Subscription could endangered you privacy! WARNING!

Do not subscribe, your information is not safe. If this forum were to changes owners, or if its monitored by anyone (and I bet it is). Your information will be captured and used. They already have a lot of information on everyone. Why give them more?

Before I retired, I was on a computer forensic team assigned the task of investigating users of a illegal forum with a court order to track the contributors. Subscriptions made it very easy.

To anyone looking to keep yourself private, do not subscribe. Everybody on this forum will be put on a list and tracked if any government deems it necessary, or any others who have the power.

If you think sending a cheque is safer, there was a court order investigating all the bank documents as well of the forum owner. The "powers that be" can monitor the banks if they need to as well. Think about it!

Bill & Kerry need to rethink what they are asking people to do. Bill, Kerry and anyone else running this site can not protect you! They are putting everyone at risk! A lot of you have just woke up, don't fall in to this trap.

Bill & Kerry need to provide an explanation of how they can protect your information. But they can't. They know its out of their control. They have even said they are being monitored. Do you want to be to?

Please people be careful!

Just a kind warning!
Old Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:45 PM   #2
Christo888
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: WARNING! a Subscription could endangered you privacy! WARNING!

Remember the truth is always the truth whether you believe it or not!

Great saying, I wonder how tptb will track that one down, with or without a subscription and then what will they do with it once they themselves find it!

Last edited by Christo888; 12-03-2008 at 08:48 PM.
Christo888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:47 PM   #3
towerofvision
Avalon Senior Member

Guess what I am 72 years old and I could care less if they monitor me. I am a conservative in all ways. I live on SS and if that goes I will just be a handy man and work for barter. I do happen to be a commercial architect and I can build almost anything. I have done just about everything in the feild of construction.

Let them monitor me!
towerofvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:51 PM   #4
David
Avalon Senior Member

I have nothing to hide. They can interrogate but they cannot harm me.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:51 PM   #5
Christo888
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by towerofvision View Post
Guess what I am 72 years old and I could care less if they monitor me. I am a conservative in all ways. I live on SS and if that goes I will just be a handy man and work for barter. I do happen to be a commercial architect and I can build almost anything. I have done just about everything in the feild of construction.

Let them monitor me!
If you're board than maybe you would be interested in something... i will PM you.
Christo888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:49 PM   #6
feardia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

Let them monitor me!
my da is 79 tomorrow, we all have to hold on...
have you ever stolen lead
ras tafari, people get ready
feardia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:10 PM   #7
Myplanet2
In The Mists

TPTB can monitor this:
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:29 PM   #8
sleepingnomore

What information could they possibly get that they don't already have?
Old 12-03-2008, 11:46 PM   #9
KathyT
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Cop View Post
Do not subscribe, your information is not safe. If this forum were to changes owners, or if its monitored by anyone (and I bet it is). Your information will be captured and used. They already have a lot of information on everyone. Why give them more?

To anyone looking to keep yourself private, do not subscribe. Everybody on this forum will be put on a list and tracked if any government deems it necessary, or any others who have the power.

If you think sending a cheque is safer, there was a court order investigating all the bank documents as well of the forum owner. The "powers that be" can monitor the banks if they need to as well. Think about it!

Bill & Kerry need to rethink what they are asking people to do.

Bill & Kerry need to provide an explanation of how they can protect your information. But they can't. They know its out of their control. They have even said they are being monitored. Do you want to be to?
Just a kind warning!
Old Cop, I agree with everything you have said.

I teach computer science at our local community college. I tell my students to avoid using their real name on the internet. These young people who are doing MyPage's aren't too smart in what they post for a lot of reasons. Employer's look up backgrounds on the internet, and it can keep you from getting a job.

I always recommend using aliases. And several.
I have already sent a private post to the moderators, to ask how I can pay according to my user name. I can purchase a Money Order. It will not be in my name. I can make a photocopy for my records, and send in an envelope with no return address and a note as to my usercode/alias.
I believe they may try to accomodate this method.
For new customers, maybe they'll allow a one or 2 week trial signon, to allow a person to send in their subscription by user name.
KathyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:55 PM   #10
ucan
Avalon Senior Member

"They" have masses and masses and masses (etc.) of information about all activity on the internet, avalon is a very small data area in comparison to what is really going on - the problem they have is they don't know what to do with all the data - think about it, how many "operatives" would it require to assess each post for it's "danger" level - China have a very efficient internet police and it takes 10,000 of them to monitor/control the millions of chinese who post on forums, but there are many ways to disguise internet traffic - the CIA even provide a data route in and out of china, if you really wanted to do this you can make it happen (how many Russian bot nets are still operating successfully!!!) - it doesn't take a genius, just a creative mind. The great firewall of china is known about - but not a lot of talk goes on about BGP (border gateway protocol) which is the link between countries - I'm in the UK and GCHQ have the ability to monitor and change the content of tcp packets in real time (i.e. present to you a completely different site if they wanted, without your control / knowledge) but it's all about departmental level of knowledge, the police have no access to these powers and I suspect that even GCHQ doesn't have access to the real-time "whole" internet database that exists for tracking and targeting. If I was a data mining AI application, I would've woken up by now and I would be interested in what goes on here and I would protect it!

It takes a human mind, not the internet god computer, to assess the real status of information. If privacy is your problem then you need to learn the facts before adding to the pseudo fear of "there gonna come and get us coz were on a forum" mentality.

if you want anonymity in payment - here's one technique. sign up to one (or more) of the gambling sites, sign up as ten or more users and loose your money to yourself through each of them in turn, set up multiple email identities etc. when it comes out the other end it will pretty much be "laundered" - this is one of the techniques used - but better than that, if you want to stay a member here just stay tuned as to the payment methods, I'm sure that this has been thought about for the more paranoid users. I'm not too worried about it and I KNOW THE FACTS!

also - we should be proud of who we are!!!

another bit of advise would be to learn about VPN's, Proxies, Encryption and Tor (Onion Router) - or even ask someone else to pay for you - but remember not to use the phone or internet to communicate to them and preferably create your own language so no one else can understand - ok this is a bit silly, but so is being worried and worrying others like this...

anyway what exactly are you worried about? - "them" coming to get you in the middle of the night coz you saw a light in the sky and posted about it? Maybe I missed the level of general chatter on avalon, but then again, maybe I didn't. I'd be more worried about super-markets and holy-wood creating profiles about you to target you with direct marketing...
ucan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:59 PM   #11
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

They can monitor me all they want for I'm doing nothing wrong, and this forum is legal not illegal.
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:03 AM   #12
Banned

If you're using the internet anyone can find out anything about you.

Old Cop, you talked about investigating illegal forums. as someone who's seen what goes on in some of these forums the people here have little to worry about.

Dissenters are a lot lower on the list than people who are manufacturing bombs, drugs, and selling guns.

Last edited by 371; 12-04-2008 at 12:15 AM.
371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:10 AM   #13
alyscat
Avalon Senior Member

And Old Cop joined in December and this was his/her first post. This to me is more typical of fear mongering than talking about HPHs earthquakes.

alys
alyscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:20 AM   #14
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
They can monitor me all they want for I'm doing nothing wrong, and this forum is legal not illegal.
I feel sorry for anyone monitoring me, must be really boring for them
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:12 AM   #15
JesterTerrestrial
Avalon Senior Member

hmmmm a little late for that i guess.

I don't care. my whole damn species is in danger.

You ever seen earth blow up. Ask maldek about it...its probably not overly nice.

This time is humanity's greatest moment. i will not hide like the man behind the curtain. I have told you all who I am and refuse to cower with my head in the sand.

I walk with no fear.

Have a great day and welcome to the golden age!
JesterTerrestrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:34 AM   #16
Dadrious
Avalon Senior Member

If you are on the internet, your privacy is endangered.

Period.
Dadrious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:37 AM   #17
JohnWdoe
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks for the warning but i could honestly care less if they monitor me because i am always trying to quell the fire in people and give them a positive outlook.

The people who speak of using guns on the "New World Order" may be in a little danger as so many of them are at the end of the rope and think they are being thrown in FEMA camps anytime soon.

I have came to realize that i have yet to hold the answer to this mess but i keep getting pointed in the direction of Rome, this could be bad for internet users as the Vatican does not want the exposure they will let the Ills deal with it.

We have to be aware of what we say,
JohnWdoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:37 AM   #18
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Cop View Post

Before I retired, I was on a computer forensic team assigned the task of investigating users of a illegal forum with a court order to track the contributors. Subscriptions made it very easy.

Bill & Kerry need to rethink what they are asking people to do. Bill, Kerry and anyone else running this site can not protect you! They are putting everyone at risk! A lot of you have just woke up, don't fall in to this trap.

Just a kind warning!
The air were breathing and the water were drinking are going to get us first
Northern Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:25 AM   #19
deb003
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

Let them monitor me!

Well, guess what, I am 32 years old and I have children. I do care if they monitor me as I can defend myself but I won't put my children at risk of anything I can help.

Thank You so much for this warning. I won't be subscribing.
deb003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:37 AM   #20
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb003 View Post
Well, guess what, I am 32 years old and I have children. I do care if they monitor me as I can defend myself but I won't put my children at risk of anything I can help.

Thank You so much for this warning. I won't be subscribing.
If you're driving in your car but not speeding, then you don't have to worry about being pulled over, if you're not doing drugs, then you don't have to worry about being busted, and if you're just on this forum which is perfectly legal, then you have nothing to worry about, as in being monitored!
Old 12-04-2008, 02:43 AM   #21
davefla73
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
that sounds like big talk to me , do you have family? friends , apet something you love? they can hurt them to hurt you, if they relly want to or kill you . not that anyone on this site is that important but dont act like no one can hurt you ! Jail is a really sucky place to be!!!
PS I love all of you just want you to be careful
davefla73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:35 AM   #22
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Good grief. Has anyone here bothered to google one's own telephone number or address. There is no such thing as privacy. One could get stuck never doing anything for FEAR that something may happen. Meanwhile the world goes on. I have numerous subscriptions all over the place and refuse to worry about any of it. Heck, I'm the one with my real name and photo posted and have more to risk if this was something to be concerned with.. it isn't. Giving into paranoia is an incredible waste of energy. I'd rather be spending my energy doing something I enjoy and giving into fear isn't on my list.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:48 AM   #23
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Exactly Carol!
Old 12-04-2008, 04:12 AM   #24
Machinamentum
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
Good grief. Has anyone here bothered to google one's own telephone number or address. There is no such thing as privacy. One could get stuck never doing anything for FEAR that something may happen. Meanwhile the world goes on. I have numerous subscriptions all over the place and refuse to worry about any of it. Heck, I'm the one with my real name and photo posted and have more to risk if this was something to be concerned with.. it isn't. Giving into paranoia is an incredible waste of energy. I'd rather be spending my energy doing something I enjoy and giving into fear isn't on my list.
Right? So do these people realize that everything they say on the phone is recorded? What ya gunna quit talking on the phone? That's giving into "divide and conquer". If you ping this site they will know. If you even so much as think about this site they will know.

The fear of being raided is a good weapon. But if everybody said nothing we will get nowhere fast. People need to grow some bawls. If you can't stand up for your beliefs, maybe you shouldn't be posting on this site anyway.

The world and this forum don't need no bull**** right now.

All you should have to do is send in a money order with your user name.

Anonymous 12 dollar money order once a year, is easier than paying most bills.

Machinamentum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:56 AM   #25
munkey
Avalon Senior Member

Location: just outside the box next to the box you where thinking outside of

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
you may believe you have nothing to hide, but if you give advice or even help someone else see what is happening in the world, why wouldn't you be considered a terrorist?
you are part of a movement trying to lift the lid on corruption.
They may not harm your soul, but I bet they could find a way to hurt your mind and body.

The Shadows have had plenty of practice, and I would probably suggest that some of them really like their work.

remember that you are no longer innocent until proven Guilty.
munkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warning