Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Archived Threads - Read Only

Notices

Archived Threads - Read Only For threads not posted in for 30 days

Old 09-07-2008, 08:06 PM   #1
Providence
Avalon Senior Member

Default Comments on Preparedness

I have read alot on this website so far and it is full of information. I want to bring up something about being reasonable and being prepared. I hope this will touch someone and help some people not to lose their heads over all of this (that won't help anybody).

I would like to vent 4 thoughts and invite others to comment and add their two cents:

1. In the United States, September is National Preparedness Month…Hmmm

September has been designated National Preparedness Month and has been a national designation for several years now. However, the seeming lack of awareness and preparation of the US public is surprisingly and disturbingly low. The Public’s understanding and awareness of current political, economic, and climatic situation has been formulated based on sound bites from the mainstream media. In the recent past, the US Public was much more aware of how to take care of themselves their families and neighbors by being alert, taking personal responsibility, preparing their families for emergencies. The lack of a national campaign to bring about the public’s participation in personal, family, and community preparedness puzzles me. There are good websites for disaster preparation from our government. But, where are the public service announcements that give people a chance to take some personal responsibility for disaster preparation?

2. Your biggest asset at any time is…..YOUR BRAIN
With all of the buzz on the internent and elsewhere, it is easy to get caught up in the seeming “immediacy of the moment” when you read so much about the dire straights in which we find our selves. My own personal saga went a lot like this:

Read ….Re-read…..PANIC!…..Depression…..Stunned Resignation (basically denial)…..Active Resolution (make a Plan).

The point I am trying to make is that everyone must take stock of their current situation and make a reasonable plan based on their current location and existing financial resources. Remember, there is never a time when there is absolutely nothing you can do…. You can always do something. Always.

3. One person’s catastraphe is another person’s inconvenience….
Let’s face it, most of us do not have the monetary capabailities to go and buy gold or to head to the so-called Safe Places of the world. If you think for yourself you may come to the conclusion that for many reasons it would be more reasonable to stay put and plan where you are or you may still consider stowing away to the land of Alpacas. The point is, EVERYONE has a pair of glasses on….everyone has their version or their “vision”…..AND there is lots of “noise” out there. I would challenge everyone to a) be reasonable b) check your information sources c) Track a few predictions to see if they come to fruition. I did and I found I was needlessly panicked over a major “imminent” earthquake to occur off the northwest-central coast a few weeks ago because of someone’s channeled messages from an “inside alien resource”. Do your best to separate the wheat from the chaff.

4. Prepare for the Obvious FIRST
Odds are you are more likely to find your self in a housefire, car accident or natural disaster before a nuclear halocaust. Start by preparing a 3-day emergency kit – you can find all kinds of guidance on the internet. Have a plan, know where your resources are. Have an evacuation and communication plan with your family. Once you have done this you will feel empowered to make other plans, such as for a pandemic, food storage, …even the potentiality of a nuclear, chemical or biological attach. Involve your own community!

These are just some of the conclusions I have made over the course of the last 6 months. I welcome others thoughts or comments.
Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 08:28 PM   #2
Kate
Avalon Senior Member

Location: currently UK, searching for a safe relocation in next year
Default Re: Comments on Preparedness

I wholeheartedly agree with your well constructed comments there!!

I also experienced the same 'knee-jerk' reaction when i fully embraced myself to research....in exactly the same sequence!
Although i 'knew' in my heart from childhood and other strange experiences in my life, that we have been born into an unknown slavery ( illusion) it was still a shock to experience the massively 'bigger picture' .....

We are all here for an experience in evolving!!...and right here in this moment we are co-creating the new future..of light and hope for our next generations..

best wishes to all of u out there!
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:53 PM   #3
YLG
Avalon Senior Member

I have been listening to all of George Green's audios...cheez I have been listening to him and Benjamin Fulford and David Wilcock for several days. I had already bought gold and silver having listened to Catherine Austin Fitts of Solari.com several years ago.

However, I listened to George's last interview on Consiousness News Network today and it seems he plans to go somewhere safe--can't remember his words. I would go to Ecuador as I personally know Brian O'Leary who lives there now and I speak Spanish, but I have a 94 yr old mother and that is just not possible. So I wonder what do people who either don't have the finances or just can't go somewhere do?

I am going to be buying lots of rice and beans to store and we are starting a community garden. It is a bit much to digest.

Sending you all lots of good vibes
YLG
YLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:35 AM   #4
Event_Horizon
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YLG View Post
I have been listening to all of George Green's audios...cheez I have been listening to him and Benjamin Fulford and David Wilcock for several days. I had already bought gold and silver having listened to Catherine Austin Fitts of Solari.com several years ago.

However, I listened to George's last interview on Consiousness News Network today and it seems he plans to go somewhere safe--can't remember his words. I would go to Ecuador as I personally know Brian O'Leary who lives there now and I speak Spanish, but I have a 94 yr old mother and that is just not possible. So I wonder what do people who either don't have the finances or just can't go somewhere do?

I am going to be buying lots of rice and beans to store and we are starting a community garden. It is a bit much to digest.

Sending you all lots of good vibes
YLG
If you can't get out, get prepared. Im planning on making a move myself but just incase anything happens before that I am also making preparations where I am. Food, water, power, communications etc. Some people are going to have to sit tight, but there is no reason they can't make good with the situation.

Peace
Event_Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 01:02 AM   #5
Providence
Avalon Senior Member

Talking Re: Comments on Preparedness

Thank you Firehorse, YLG, and Event for replying - I think Preparedness - mentality, physically, and resource-wise is SO important!!! People just don't realize how civilization always seems to be just one step ahead of chaos...

Can't remember where Kerry and Bill posted it but the website for Stan and Holly Deyo was a real discovery for me! Especially since that is the only non-governmental website I have been on this month that actually has a banner that reads "September is National Emergency Preparedness Month" - for those of us in the US any hooo. They have a great source that I am considering, "Prudent Places USA" - seems like a great find to me!

IF you can't, won't, or dont fee the need to move south - keep searching for others nearby and stay with this internet community!

Best to all
Old 09-08-2008, 01:22 AM   #6
YLG
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks for your reply both of you. Event Horizon, tell me what are you doing for power? I would move to Ecuador where it not for my MOm. I can't leave her. I want to believe that Benjamin Fulford is more accurate the George Green :-) in the way he sees things.

I have gold and silver and buying more, i am working on the food thing, what are you guys doing for "communication" ? a Ham radio?

Great to be able chat with others, all my friends and family may listen but they stay asleep and can't handle it.

YLG
YLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:45 AM   #7
Providence
Avalon Senior Member

Well... if you are in the US - Here is something you might want to check out - it is a CD Rom titled "Prudent Places USA" - shows the best places, in the US pros and cons etc. As for communications, a shortwave radio is a good start and if you can get ahold of a police blogger that would be very keen. To get a HAM radio and learn to operate it effectively would be costly and timeconsuming and the licensure for it may be hurdle, I am not sure. I have a hand powered radio and tv screen in one - have had it a year works pretty well.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:27 AM   #8
Event_Horizon
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YLG View Post
Thanks for your reply both of you. Event Horizon, tell me what are you doing for power? I would move to Ecuador where it not for my MOm. I can't leave her. I want to believe that Benjamin Fulford is more accurate the George Green :-) in the way he sees things.

I have gold and silver and buying more, i am working on the food thing, what are you guys doing for "communication" ? a Ham radio?

Great to be able chat with others, all my friends and family may listen but they stay asleep and can't handle it.

YLG
Hey there. For power? Well i'm looking into getting a few Butane canisters which will allow me limited use of a gas stove or two for cooking and boiling water etc. With the gas equipment its not going to burn out due to EMP. Once I have that sorted out I will look more into solar power. But following someone elses advice on this forum, i will make short term plans, then move on to long term survival.

The communications side of things I will bring in some UHF radio equipment. A good UHF set will give you around 450km range. I'm recommending a radio scanner aswell. This will allow you to hear what the emergancy serivces are talking about if the proverbial hit the fan. Harden your electonic equipment against EMP.

As for food an water, well I am not planning on staying in the UK so my shelter is going to be a short term effort. You know, just incase something happens before I can get out. Living 30 miles north of London and not far from two airforce bases, one of which is a USAF facility doesn't bode well! So when i say short term I mean around a months supply of goods. Canned food, dry freeze, water. Stock more than you need, neighbours may need your help too. My main problem is my limited space. I don't have a garage and I live in a two bed terraced house!

So I won't have anywhere to store a fully loaded Hummer H2
Event_Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 01:50 AM   #9
Peace4Gaia
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Providence, and thank you for a well thought out post!

I'm another with few resources, so much of what you said gave me great hope. It's true that we all have skills and can help others in ways we may be unaware of in the present moment.

About it being National Preparedness Month... and the absence of any active efforts to publicize that fact. I'm not surprised given the true motives of the powers that be, seems like window dressing really -- they have to at least "act" like they care... but since I read your post I did notice two items as I went through my day today... the grocery store had a table with some documents and a sign that said "September is Food Safety Month" and then another sign near the town center advertising "National Safety Month"... interesting that "Preparedness" morphed into just "Safety" in these instances. Just thought I'd share
Peace4Gaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 02:55 AM   #10
dolphin
Avalon Senior Member

it's good to be prepared, but i want to get out of "dodge" before marshall law takes effect.they will close the borders soon. executive orders and fema will take away your food stuffs. it will be illegal to hoard food. then what? and how do you prepare when a swat team of UN soldiers (which are already here) come to your door and take you to their "detention centers". they have red and blue lists and yellow lists. they want people who "know" or against NWO to go to these things. haliburten received 385.4 million to build more of these facilities. just google fema camps.. with knowlege you have at least choices. congress had a special closed session..pdd-51 re. marshall law. a congressmen was denied access to view the amended law. probably bec it was just too horrific. congress has only had 3 closed sessions in their history.
dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:02 AM   #11
dolphin
Avalon Senior Member

providence,,, i went through the same run of emotions, but i can't seem to get that one out of my head. i agree w m. st. clair that it is unlikely for all out nuclear war. but he did say that m. law is immenent. so now i'm back to feeling quite nervous...hard to relocate w out financial means. and then on the other hand i listen to wingmakers interview, which is quite awesome and beautiful...about living on a higher vibration w out fear and living a loving existence. .... how does one do that w all the things that are happening now?
dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 05:27 AM   #12
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Darn good! There are a few items everyone should have, "just in case..."

A decent first-aid kit that will let you treat common illnesses and injuries. Water-purification tablets are a good thing to have around. Information is crucial: the power won't always be on, and there's no substitute for writing things down. One of the best ways to prepare for the coming upheavals is to learn a necessary skill. You can always use it to barter. I make soap, repair things, and am enough of an herbalist and nutritionist to be useful. Learn which of your native plants are edible (you'll be surprised!) Be able to make fire (I'm considering a solar oven, too).
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:54 AM   #13
Providence
Avalon Senior Member

Hello CyberFriends! Gosh you guys are good. I have to say I feel as if everything has sped up since my personal compass has been turned “on” - Its as if I have been swimming around in the ocean and suddenly gotten swept up in the Gulf Stream Current.

Remember the episode of Star Trek the Next Generation (for you Trekkers) where an alien race spoke in metaphors? Remember “His Eyes Open!”? Well that’s me… Her Eyes Open! Still, I don’t think anyone has all of the answers….no one ever will…. It is best that we galvanize our communities and ourselves.

I want to offer some excellent books on Preparedness. And to lighten things up, I added my own bit of humor because I don’t think we should lose our heads or our humor in this…(the other alternative perhaps is that I have “condition”). Here we go:

1. In the book “Organizing for Disaster” by Judith Kolberg, at least your papers will be organized! This is a must read for compulsive organizers like myself. The tips in this book will turn out to be extremely vital if you need to get your butt out of town with only the pack on your back…

2. Take the Cry out of Crisis with this book - “Crisis Preparedness Handbook” by Jack Spigarelli – Detailed book I am just reading this one and it has good information on food storage and water supplies. This book is geared for planning to stay put and for the time being that’s me.

3. Want to add some funny to your plans for Armageddon? Well then, say HELLo to “When All Hell Breaks Loose” There is no other book that shows you how to roast a rat (yum). Seriously, if I were to include one person in my safe place community it would be Cody Lundin – this guy is prepared! Mentally, physically, and most importantly, spiritually.

4. Of course there is some real SASS in the SAS Survival Handbook by John “Lofty” Wiseman and his NEW book “SAS Urban Survival Book” – In reality I just purchased both and have not cracked them open yet (I have to get through the others first). If you have to high tail it – I hear these are the ones to bring!

That’s all from me for now. Talk to you all again soon!