Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 10:27 PM   #251
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 539
Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriya View Post
Then it knows it is part of the ocean, but not the ocean itself, because only the ocean can be the ocean.

R we going round in circles, lol.

lol dance of the dervish


the wave is hardly a part of the Ocean

it is the Ocean undulating

is it not
RedeZra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:59 PM   #252
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 832
Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

We are God pretending to be limited. The enlightened sage can say "I AM that I AM, I AM the whole of it" ~ True and they should, and WE can say that too right here right NOW when we connect to our own God Prescence within.

Now that being said... there is spiritual hiearchy, we are not at the top of the pyramid by any means, the creator is at the top of this pyramid of evolutions, but there is even a bigger pyramid that extends from there all the way back to the original idea of creation - the 'no thing' that is the All Ness - infinite potentiality Now.

Point is, it is good to affirm we are Oneness, we are the Christ, the Christ speaks through us, we are One with it, we it, it is us. We can affrim this.

God's saints are those that choose to Be.

However, it is important to understand, we are One with the fullness of it, but we are very simply not the fullness of the creator or of it in embodiment.

We are an individualization of Oneness here Now. We are a Divine flame, a divine momentum within the infinity of God.

I can affirm I Am that I Am, I AM One with my Father Mother, I AM the space between the atoms, I AM Purity. But there is always MORE.

I connect to spiritual hiearchy, to Oneness, I AM Oneness, not my will but thine Be done however...

We are not the fullness of the creator, we are unique flame of the creator, and we are here to grow and Be More.

But the reality is, that my "I" is the Eye of the Creator. It is true, there are many I's, but there is only one I at the top, but there are many. We make up IS.

None of this makes linear logical sense in totality, because it is spherical Truth, non-linear.

As explained already in this thread, human words do no justice to truth, they enter the realm of duality as soon as they are spoken.

This is why we must strive for the experience of reality, the experience of Truth.

The secret to doing so: know you are worthy NOW, surrender completely, ask and you shall receive. Build the momentum. Follow the Way.

You are the Son and Daughter of God. You are the Way the Truth and the Life. This is your True identity. Seek it, merge with it, BE it.

Oneness is reality, not a belief, but reality. So experience reality. This should be our goal. Samadhi.
14 Chakras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:41 PM   #253
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Inverness Scotland
Posts: 924
Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14 Chakras View Post
We are God pretending to be limited. The enlightened sage can say "I AM that I AM, I AM the whole of it" ~ True and they should, and WE can say that too right here right NOW when we connect to our own God Prescence within.

Now that being said... there is spiritual hiearchy, we are not at the top of the pyramid by any means, the creator is at the top of this pyramid of evolutions, but there is even a bigger pyramid that extends from there all the way back to the original idea of creation - the 'no thing' that is the All Ness - infinite potentiality Now.

Point is, it is good to affirm we are Oneness, we are the Christ, the Christ speaks through us, we are One with it, we it, it is us. We can affrim this.

God's saints are those that choose to Be.

However, it is important to understand, we are One with the fullness of it, but we are very simply not the fullness of the creator or of it in embodiment.

We are an individualization of Oneness here Now. We are a Divine flame, a divine momentum within the infinity of God.

I can affirm I Am that I Am, I AM One with my Father Mother, I AM the space between the atoms, I AM Purity. But there is always MORE.

I connect to spiritual hiearchy, to Oneness, I AM Oneness, not my will but thine Be done however...

We are not the fullness of the creator, we are unique flame of the creator, and we are here to grow and Be More.

But the reality is, that my "I" is the Eye of the Creator. It is true, there are many I's, but there is only one I at the top, but there are many. We make up IS.

None of this makes linear logical sense in totality, because it is spherical Truth, non-linear.

As explained already in this thread, human words do no justice to truth, they enter the realm of duality as soon as they are spoken.

This is why we must strive for the experience of reality, the experience of Truth.

The secret to doing so: know you are worthy NOW, surrender completely, ask and you shall receive. Build the momentum. Follow the Way.

You are the Son and Daughter of God. You are the Way the Truth and the Life. This is your True identity. Seek it, merge with it, BE it.

Oneness is reality, not a belief, but reality. So experience reality. This should be our goal. Samadhi.
In total agreement with this post 14 Chakras.
Thank you for expressing it so well and so clearly.
Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:52 AM   #254
Indigocat
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Uk
Posts: 4
Smile Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

What i am going to say has probably been said before as i have not read all that is in this thread , all that really mattered to me was the question . It is a question that has been asked before on other Forums and strange how people can get so confused and angry defending the need for ego as they understand it .
What i know, i know from observing and not from the study of books ,by the study of myself and other humans .

Ego to me is a piece of ones self that has given us status in our own minds , it likes to be patted on the back for what it has learnt . When many people learn the same thing they group together for strength to up hold this ego , but inside of this is a place of stillness , because ego doesn't like to be challenged .
So to me ego holds us back from the learning , as to truly learn the most it is needed to let go of the self .
So for me to say ' i know nothing ' is a freeing place to learn ,as i let go of old patterns and welcome the new , until its purpose has been served . Namaste
Indigocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:23 AM   #255
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 539
Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigocat View Post
It is a question that has been asked before on other Forums and strange how people can get so confused and angry defending the need for ego as they understand it .

lol nice observation


ego is a sense of security

an identification of oneself in a diverse world

it's a basket of wants wishes duties dreams beliefs fears too
RedeZra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:25 AM   #256
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Inverness Scotland
Posts: 924
Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigocat View Post
What i am going to say has probably been said before as i have not read all that is in this thread , all that really mattered to me was the question . It is a question that has been asked before on other Forums and strange how people can get so confused and angry defending the need for ego as they understand it .
What i know, i know from observing and not from the study of books ,by the study of myself and other humans .

Ego to me is a piece of ones self that has given us status in our own minds , it likes to be patted on the back for what it has learnt . When many people learn the same thing they group together for strength to up hold this ego , but inside of this is a place of stillness , because ego doesn't like to be challenged .

So to me ego holds us back from the learning , as to truly learn the most it is needed to let go of the self .
So for me to say ' i know nothing ' is a freeing place to learn ,as i let go of old patterns and welcome the new , until its purpose has been served . Namaste
Welcome Indiocat
What you say is so.
Knowing nothing is a very good place to be.

All thoughts are untrue because even before they register in consciousness they have gone through a very complex filter system in the subconscious so we are not getting even a direct experience to know. Therfore we know nothing in its pristine glory and freshness. Therfore we know nothing.

The ego stands guard at the gates of knowledge and filters out anyhing which doesnot fit with current belief system so its very difficult to "change your mind"
We look for proof that we are right ---very rarely is it proof that we are wrong that comes to our attention and acceptance.

The ego would rather die than admit it is wrong.
So that is why you are fortunate to have discovered you know nothing.
Nothing to defend.
Nothing to be right about.

There is a lot from page one on this thread that is worth a look.

Regards Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:51 AM   #257
Neo
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 97
Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

I dont think transcending the ego is really the objective, its more about just realizing that its one of the many tools we are equipped with and not the complete you. Just as you wouldnt use a hammer for every job, the ego is the same.
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:11 AM   #258
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Inverness Scotland
Posts: 924
Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
I dont think transcending the ego is really the objective, its more about just realizing that its one of the many tools we are equipped with and not the complete you. Just as you wouldnt use a hammer for every job, the ego is the same.
Hi Neo
There is a difference between ego and self esteem.
Self esteem is very healthy, the ego is helpful to begin with then it is an obstacle to further spiritual progress.
If you want to force your way to success in this world ,no matter what, then the ego is the tool to use. if the thought is that the end justifies the means then the ego is the right tool.

If you look for a powerful but peaceful way of achieving then the ego has to be transcended
Gandhi freed India by non-violent means, a very spiritual man.

So basically its down to the individuals goals, we have the choice.
The book "Power versus Force" by Dr David Hawkins explains it beautifully.
Regards Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:23 PM   #259
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Inverness Scotland
Posts: 924
Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

How do you know if you are making progress in transcending the ego?

The ego is a nosy attention seeking animal.

so you can measure the degree of progress by the amount of silence in the mind.
The more silence the more peace and tranquility.
The mind then is much more clear and is sharp when you need to process something.
There is a higher quality.
Judgment of others and situations decrease, there is an acceptance.
It is as it is, if action is required it will be quality action and effective.

The mind becomes more silent through meditation and surrendering personal will to God,

It is easy to get pulled out of the NOW and into the hypothetical, the what if.
Eventually that is countered by "So what!!!!" or "I dont mind" a famous statement by Krishna Murthy (cant spell)
When you dont mind marvelous things happen, action happens but there is no concern for out come, Its out with our control anyway. We can give it our best shot but thats all we can do. ego will try and force an out come, a sure way to friction and misery.

Eckhart says "There are two ways of becoming unhappy,
One --------not getting what you want
Two -----------getting what you want"



Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:33 PM   #260
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother
 
mudra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: belgium
Posts: 4,919
Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
In total agreement with this post 14 Chakras.
Thank you for expressing it so well and so clearly.
Chris

I second this Chris .
Reading through your post 14Chakras I perceived it as a joyfull breath of fresh air coming straight from the Heart we all share

Love from me
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:38 PM   #261
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother
 
mudra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: belgium
Posts: 4,919
Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigocat View Post
So to me ego holds us back from the learning , as to truly learn the most it is needed to let go of the self .
So for me to say ' i know nothing ' is a freeing place to learn ,as i let go of old patterns and welcome the new , until its purpose has been served . Namaste
I enjoyed reading your post Indigocat . It conveyed a gentle flow of peacefullness ..like a soft music played on the strings of the Heart .

Thank you
Love from me
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:42 PM   #262
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother
 
mudra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: belgium
Posts: 4,919
Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
I dont think transcending the ego is really the objective, its more about just realizing that its one of the many tools we are equipped with and not the complete you. Just as you wouldnt use a hammer for every job, the ego is the same.
I would say you are making a good point Neo as regarding the matter of the ego discernement is a good basis to start with .

Love Always
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:44 PM   #263
kriya
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 213
Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

14 Chakras,

I don't know if you are a man or a woman. However, I think you are a person of true realization and your wisdom is appreciated.

In Divine Friendship,

Kriya
kriya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:31 AM   #264
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 832
Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

There's a lot of wonderful consciousness that gets shared here on Avalon by so many beautiful souls. The most beautiful posts are when we can share something that helps ourselves learn, and maybe some who read it come up higher.

How best to learn something? Share our current level of understanding of it ! We're all students of More, and we learn by sharing. Gratitude to all for sharing, I will continue to do so.

To me, this thread, is really the heart of the matter.

You can research all the dimensions ET's, PTB, religions, science, technologies etc. but the reality is that it all comes down to what is being discussed here in this thread.

Do we want to keep playing the victim? The illusion of separation that is truly unconsciousness? Or are we ready to jump back in the River of Life where we are always More, always transcending our current level of understanding.

Are we the rich men, full of outer knowledge so that we cannot accept a higher truth. Or are we the child always seeking More, always. Never ending students of Life.

I suggest the human ego seeks security in identifying no-change in the matrix. However, the matrix is an illusion, and will never remain static. So the ego must continually seek to redefine itself... and suffering is always the fruit of the ego...

What's coming is change so massive that the egos of the world will no longer be able to convince us that we are so and so based on the matrix. We are so much more.

I suggest we seek security in Being More. In change. Seek security in knowing that who I am Now has died for who I Am Now. And who I was when I typed Now, has died, for who I Am Now.

Only the Now is real and lasting. True security can only Be found in eternally Being Now.

Life is More, always transcending. True security comes in knowing I Am One with it rather than trying to define myself as separate from Life itSelf ~

I Am Oneness that IS divine reality.

Last edited by 14 Chakras; 01-06-2010 at 10:24 AM.
14 Chakras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:36 PM   #265
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Inverness Scotland
Posts: 924
Cool Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14 Chakras View Post
There's a lot of wonderful consciousness that gets shared here on Avalon by so many beautiful souls. The most beautiful posts are when we can share something that helps ourselves learn, and maybe some who read it come up higher.

How best to learn something? Share our current level of understanding of it ! We're all students of More, and we learn by sharing. Gratitude to all for sharing, I will continue to do so.

To me, this thread, is really the heart of the matter.

You can research all the dimensions ET's, PTB, religions, science, technologies etc. but the reality is that it all comes down to what is being discussed here in this thread.

Do we want to keep playing the victim? The illusion of separation that is truly unconsciousness? Or are we ready to jump back in the River of Life where we are always More, always transcending our current level of understanding.

Are we the rich men, full of outer knowledge so that we cannot accept a higher truth. Or are we the child always seeking More, always. Never ending students of Life.

I suggest the human ego seeks security in identifying no-change in the matrix. However, the matrix is an illusion, and will never remain static. So the ego must continually seek to redefine itself... and suffering is always the fruit of the ego...

What's coming is change so massive that the egos of the world will no longer be able to convince us that we are so and so based on the matrix. We are so much more.

I suggest we seek security in Being More. In change. Seek security in knowing that who I am Now has died for who I Am Now. And who I was when I typed Now, has died, for who I Am Now.

Only the Now is real and lasting. True security can only Be found in eternally Being Now.

Life is More, always transcending. True security comes in knowing I Am One with it rather than trying to define myself as separate from Life itSelf ~

I Am Oneness that IS divine reality.
All so true 14 Chakras

we are in love with thinkingness.

But lets look at thoughts,

Are they our thoughts, no they come out of the energy field of thought.
if they were our thoughts we would have control over them to the degree that we could effortlessly stop thought. Just try and see what happens.
It would be easier to try and stop breath entering and leaving the body.

We can witness thoughts arising and we can witness them as separate from us, let them be, or claim them as our invention, identify with them make them our own.

Realizing we are One with the ONE necessitates letting go of all kinds of identification with belief systems, cherished postionalities, all of which are egoic.

The ego is simply identification with the me story in the head and how we love the story of past events, be it as the victim of the "enemy" out there or as the winner over other competitors.

For me winning in this life is discovering my true identity and not having to be reincarnated to have another human experience, at least in the world as it is.

If ego is not transcended then I will have another visit here to discover what I can know NOW . if not NOW when????

Every spiritual Master has said the same thing, God is within. There is no where God is not.
The best place therefore to look is where God is closest to you, within.

There is no need to investigate this and that in any great depth, its a form of avoidance in my humble opinion.

Having said that, this only applies to those who are serious about enlightenment -- discovering the Presence within which is your very own SELF.

With respect for all.
Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:36 PM   #266
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Inverness Scotland
Posts: 924
Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

There have been many interesting posts here so I would like to thank all who contribute.
Chris
Namaste
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:21 PM   #267
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 832
Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

The key understanding for me, is that beyond the human ego is not nothingness. Our "I" simply gets redefined from something that is separate from our source, to Being One with our source. Something we can experience, not fully grasp with the linear mind.

Here is a teaching that came through a spiritual work I'm aware of:

---- from Master MORE through a student -----

When you affirm I AM my I AM Presence you affirm oneness with your source, but at the same time you are also <Insert your name here> who has a unique individuality. So when you unite with the source of your being, you realize your true identity. But you also realize you are an individualization of that identity. Just as there is an original I AM in this world, which branched off into small individualization's in creation, the whole purpose of creation is to multiply individualization's of god, but you can also say the facet furthest from the source, has the source within its being.

So within your being, you can go all the way back to the pure being of God, the pure diving consciousness. So you are a spark in that consciousness and you have individuality. It is hard to put in terms on earth because of linear mind. When in reality you are both an individual and one with your source, it is hard for human mind to understand. Only when you rise above can you understand your separate individuality and being one with your source.

This forms a bit of a conflict between having your personal identity and not having your personal identity because you are in fact one with everything. So until you understand the reality of that you can go in circles whether you are an individual or who you really are, or whether you are one with everything, or connecting with your source. So my advice is to beyond your mind and experience what it is like.

There are only so many things I can say in linear words without being contradictory, so this kind of contradictory nature will only confuse the linear mind and propel it further and try to rationalize the un-rationizable. So until you experience the source of your being you will just be confused by words and concepts. So I suggest along with your meditations and decrees, you ask to be shown what you desire to experience oneness with your source. This may not happen right away but I assure will happen if you discipline stilling your mind and having me come into oneness with you.

Last edited by 14 Chakras; 01-07-2010 at 07:51 PM.
14 Chakras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:39 PM   #268
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Inverness Scotland
Posts: 924
Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

Thanks 14Chakras.
Yes God is immanent and transcendent both and yet neither.
When enlightenment occurs that is also the state of the sage.

Chris
Namaste
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:12 PM   #269
Logout
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 15
Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

Hello all thanks for your sharing and experiences

Interesting opinions here. About the ego i look like it is selfcreated and its us. Created out of the need to survive and to be able to exist as a beeing. In a World/perception where you learn what you can eat where its safe to sleep what is dangerous and friendly you get teached this mostly from the very begining from your parents. Ego also is, not egoism, the part which is conciouss in the unconciousness of its higher self, means you are aware of what you want of what you be and have no fear to show it.
This ego is like the voice that says you to dont give up when you dont have a good mark in school, when you fall to stand up again or in a contest when you sing do sports do maths draw etc to do even a little bit more then usually to be successfull. But also is the voice which says when we are aware we cant swim to dont jump in the water or when we are aware we cant fly to dont jump from high because we might hurt us. Which would cause pain so we fear it because its a perception. Ego by itself is fearless. So it can help us to jump over our own shadow and leads also to evolution.

a nice example maybe why do alot people try do so much effort to get conciouss about the unconciousness^^ -reasearches, taking time for our self, talking about these, showing so much love to other things and and and
We do these things for others but/and also for our self.

Successfull in our society means to be better when others you got a A you become a doctor, judge someone respected. You got a F you failed you are dumb you dont get a job you are just anotherone on the street. Many know how nice other people can be when you win, did your job well, or got a A but also know maybe the words why you dont do better, you are lazy or even you are for nothing good.
In our society the system knows how to manipulate the ego of the people in a way that they try or want things even so hard that they are even able to kill. They show them things what the people dont have so they dont look on what they have already. So most people do want these things(new clothes techniques films musik sex and and) because of their ego and they cant get it mostly in the same time, which causes problems. When you can manipulate what people want you can control them by their ego. The most easy way is fear because our ego will do its very best to protect and shield us from outside. Some fully live in this system and dont have the time like some of us have to get aware of.

Its also our ego saying us when the world looks so bad why we dont make it a better place.

Our ego now is I, seperated from our higher self. The I wants to grow and experience everything, some things looks bad others good. Because we are used to judge things we dont know it any better and cant see the beauty in it. Like the Bad guy will deny the good part in him and the good guy will deny the bad part in himself.

Become oness with all like we are all one get aware of our higher self the I becomes I AM also caused me trouble in understanding like i can't be myself anymore and have to be like every other one. There are infinite possibilitys it might feel like give yourself up or loose yourself you can resist but you dont have to. From my experience the ego is the willpower you dont get connected just by a coincident its you who still can decide this and also to stop it. A way to do so is to chooce love. Imagine you are just love feel it be it and dont fear, nothing can harm you. Some people tell you you have to use special symbols, mantras, chacras or need years of practice for good karma its in our believesystem. Universal laws are very nice help. Some things are also good we dont know yet because we all have powers which are beyond of what we are able to take responsibility for yet. Dont worry be happy(thanks) things will naturally come to you when you are ready.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlfKdbWwruY my ego tells me i wanna be part of this too, enjoy

Last edited by Logout; 01-09-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Logout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:40 AM   #270
Indigocat
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Uk
Posts: 4
Unhappy Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

I am no longer having anything to do with this Forum , as i have just seen how things written on here have been twisted, peoples comments deleted for no reason . And me stopped from replying to people who want to be my friends . What a strange forum for so called people with open minds . Talk about egos well there are a few here ! , called moderators .
Indigocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:26 AM   #271
Indigocat
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Uk
Posts: 4
Red face Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

As i am unable to reply to anyone in a personal message , id just like to say Namaste to ***Greybeard*** , thanks Chris for befriending me , dont think we will get the chance to speak again , wishing you peace and blessings , also to ***Mudra*** the same thanks you , Blessings ,love and light to all of you looking to make this world a better place ,and not just talking about it .
Its not part of my path to get into a destructive forum like this .
I learn by experience and not by reading mostly , people touch me and there words have depth when it comes from the heart , not from a need to prove they are right .
Stay open and free all .
If we are meant to meet again we will .
Enjoy the road ahead .
Indigocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:41 AM   #272
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NE Oregon boondocks, USA
Posts: 1,767
Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigocat View Post
I am no longer having anything to do with this Forum , as i have just seen how things written on here have been twisted, peoples comments deleted for no reason . And me stopped from replying to people who want to be my friends . What a strange forum for so called people with open minds . Talk about egos well there are a few here ! , called moderators .
What have moderators done recently? There was a concerted attack on the forum when it went free for everyone and it may not be over yet.

PMs are denied to new members because a porn spammer used the PM function to send out full-on sex act porn videos to 43 members before we could stop them. I have given you the ability to send PMs to your new friends.

There may be more things you haven't heard about - why somethings are changed recently. We are constantly reviewing our actions - point out where you think we errored in big ego ways.

EDIT: Most edits are done by the people themselves. We really do try not to interfere, except in the most extreme cases.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:18 PM   #273
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Inverness Scotland
Posts: 924
Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

what really matters
My personal feeling is to have a balanced view of what comes out of the whistle blowing.
World history shows that taking up an aggressive stance doesn't work but its not a question of doing nothing.

If we are part of collective consciousness then the raising of personal spiritual vibration raises the level of all. A rising tide lifts all boats.

Safe places set up for the right reasons with no agenda I believe will be a powerful force for world peace.
Again if we look at history Gandhi was instrumental. through non violence, in bringing about the demise of colonialism against all odds. We appear to face a similar situation but is that really so? We change our world changes.


The human race has been at war for most of its history much of that cause by religious intolerance.

One possible translation of the word Devil is ego. Edge God Out.
The human ego is separatist. Basically Im right therefore you must be wrong. Its that simple. Wars are fought to preserve a position, the moment a position is taken up and firmly adhered to there must be an enemy. War is declared small time or big time its the same mechanism.

Spiritual Masters all say the same thing, no self no problem, in other words not to identify with the story in your head-- dont buy into it. Your higher self will look after you once you commit to loving the Creator and all creation unconditionally. That does not mean condoning peoples action just loving them anyway.
Im not of any religion, the truth can be found in the teachings of any spiritual giant be it Jesus or any other.
Jesus said. Lord forgive them for they know not what they do. In other words they are spiritually asleep.

Its not about what anyone else is up to its about what we individually hold in our hearts.

With love Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:37 PM   #274
folotheflo
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 15
Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

every thing is just as it should be,

it can be no other way.

you are alive, so do what ever you think is necessary, it is the only way to learn and change.

there is no truth, every thing is permited
folotheflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:15 PM   #275
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,659
Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

I can really start to sense it when my ego is flaring up and it is becoming more and more uncomfortable and bothersome, even in the slightest. Because there is now more contrast within me and being without ego compulsions is so much more rewarding that my tolerance for remaining in ego is reduced.

I can be a great big being without using my ego to delude myself about it.
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Project Avalon