Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 02-27-2010, 11:16 AM   #501
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeZra View Post
the phantom I

The individual is sentient and cannot be without consciousness. The Self is pure consciousness. Yet man identifies with the body, which is insentient. The insentient body does not say 'I am the body.' Something else says so. The unlimited Self does not say so either. Then who says it? A spurious 'I' which arises between pure consciousness and the insentient body, and which imagines itself limited to the body. Seek this and it will vanish as a phantom. That phantom is the ego or individuality. The present state is mere illusion. Our aim should be simply to remove this illusion - Sri Ramana Maharshi
Thanks for this RedeZra.
So true.
Chris
Namaste
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 12:23 PM   #502
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

the solution lol

is to vanish

but who will let go of

I

RedeZra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 12:33 PM   #503
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

RedeZra
I bought product Vanish but it didn't work.
Can I get my money back?
I am waiting impatiently for God to finish the job he started.
If not NOW when?

We know each other my brother.
How come you got all the poetry and creative ability and I didn't my friend?

Chris
Old 02-27-2010, 12:38 PM   #504
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
How come you got all the poetry and creative ability and I didn't my friend?
Chris

oh this is hard work

this is blood sweat and tears my friend

Old 02-27-2010, 03:25 PM   #505
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

oh this is hard work

this is blood sweat and tears my friend

Nonono... this is Blood Sweat and Tears...

Happy Saturdays !
Kulapops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 02:24 AM   #506
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

As the phoenix rises from it's own ashes, so does Self arise from the death of self.

The seperate self is the illusion, the I is the real deal. I in Oneness. We are One, we are not the same.

We are One, we are not the same.

Human ego death is not the end of Self, it is the birth of Self.

God did not create us to disappear into a blob. We are in a schoolroom, here to grow, master this environment and Ascend back when we have done so to our God Self. We are an individualization of our I AM Presence, an individualization of the Divine.

Our mission is to Be below all that we are above. Meaning, surrender the separate identity, the human ego, and let our own I AM Presence fill our holy grail, our cup, with the life eternal, the blood of Christ, the Christ consciousness.

Beyond duality is reality where you and I are infinite potentiality. Be.
14 Chakras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 03:09 AM   #507
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14 Chakras View Post

One is One in Oneness

all sugar cubes share the same sweetness

but that does not mean you have to let go of I

be you as long as you want

Quote:
God did not create us to disappear into a blob
if something does not really exist in the first place

then how can it disappear

besides God is not blob but Bliss

Last edited by RedeZra; 02-28-2010 at 03:14 AM.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:42 AM   #508
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

I've updated this as the last one was a bit dualistic (maybe this one is too? hope not too much)

We have quotes from 'enlightened' people like Sri Ramana Maharshi above.

Now tell me, according to our understanding has this man's ego died?

If so, then according to the theory, there is no individuality beyond human ego, then David Hawkins, Eckhart Tolle, Jesus Christ, Gautama Buddha and Sri Ramana Maharashi are all:

a) Exactly the same.
b) The fullness of the Creator.

If that's not the case, then I highly suggest taking another look at this theory that beyond ego is simply just the fullness of God.

Perhaps, just perhaps, there is infinite co-creation and eternal free will beyond the human ego.

Perhaps, just perhaps, the purpose of Life is for co-creators to awaken to their True identity as individualization's of the infinite and grow their unique perspective in Oneness with All that IS rather than the whole thing just being a dream that wraps and there's this one I in the sky and that's it. Perhaps just perhaps, there is a purpose for creation, and their are fruits of creation, and the fruits of creation are "I"s who choose to BE to Co-create with the Divine in the eternal Now to continually expand and experience All that I's / IS.

Perhaps there is More to the story that either your the ego or your the fullness of God. Perhaps there is much More.

Last edited by 14 Chakras; 02-28-2010 at 04:14 AM.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:48 AM   #509
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

One is One in Oneness

all sugar cubes share the same sweetness

but that does not mean you have to let go of I

be you as long as you want

No two snowflakes are the same. We're not sugar cubes. We're children of God, and one day, we're going to grow up and BE.

if something does not really exist in the first place

then how can it disappear

besides God is not blob but Bliss

Is God infinite? Is God a creator? If so, then is it possible that God truly wishes to share the kingdom with free willed co-creators, individualization's of itSelf? And if this was God's Will and purpose for creation, should we tell God that he did it wrong and we don't want to make choices or exist?

I believe God created this schoolroom as a platform for the evolution of souls. Not towards sameness, but towards uncovering each our divine individuality eternally Now.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:05 AM   #510
HORIZONS
Avalon Senior Member

Infinite Individual Expression Of Beingness .. so it is.

Namaste~I honor the truth in you as it is the truth in me.
HORIZONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 04:07 AM   #511
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
No two snowflakes are the same. We're not sugar cubes. We're children of God, and one day, we're going to grow up and BE.
sure we are not sugars lol

sugars share the same sweetness

as snowflakes are water really

and Souls are Being Aware in Bliss

which is God

when you reach high higher and high

you will eventually reach the Most High

when you become more more and even more

you will eventually Be All

then there is no I
Old 02-28-2010, 04:26 AM   #512
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HORIZONS View Post
Infinite Individual Expression Of Beingness ..
Yes ~ we've been living under the illusion of non-beingness, of being the ego, the thinker, this is the problem. Our Free Will is not the problem. Our Divine individuality is not the problem. The problem is we've come to identify as the bundle of illusions of separation that have taken on a life of their own as this character we've created, the human ego.

But we're much More than the ego. Our I is real, very real. It's time we stopped associating our Self with the seperate victim consciousness and took up our rightful role as Co-creators in Oneness with I AM.

Each of us has different momentum's, talents, points of view, there is nothing wrong with this, this is in fact Divine. We are the body of God, but we are not the same part. We each have a unique role to play in the awakening of the divine in All Life. Not to disappear, but to awaken.

Here's a riddle I like:

I Am you and you are me and together we are More. But you are you and I Am me, and we are each uniquely I AM.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:46 AM   #513
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Perhaps there is More to the story that either your the ego or your the fullness of God. Perhaps there is much More.

lol how much More

the notion of I will always have a place somewhere in the worlds

when the notion of I is gone

the worlds are gone with it

when there is no trace of I left

then there is only

Being Aware in Bliss

there are of course levels of understanding and illumination

but the Light is One

who is to say

who is Enlightened or not

who is to Judge

the Light Knows
Old 02-28-2010, 04:53 AM   #514
HORIZONS
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Yes ~ we've been living under the illusion of non-beingness, of being the ego, the thinker, this is the problem. Our Free Will is not the problem. Our Divine individuality is not the problem. The problem is we've come to identify as the bundle of illusions of separation that have taken on a life of their own as this character we've created, the human ego.

But we're much More than the ego. Our I is real, very real. It's time we stopped associating our Self with the seperate victim consciousness and took up our rightful role as Co-creators in Oneness with I AM.

Each of us has different momentum's, talents, points of view, there is nothing wrong with this, this is in fact Divine. We are the body of God, but we are not the same part. We each have a unique role to play in the awakening of the divine in All Life. Not to disappear, but to awaken.

Here's a riddle I like:

I Am you and you are me and together we are More. But you are you and I Am me, and we are each uniquely I AM.
Riddle me this: I am the One, yet I am individually expressed. Therefore who am I?
Old 02-28-2010, 04:55 AM   #515
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Here's a riddle I like:

yes in body mind and soul

in Spirit no
Old 02-28-2010, 04:56 AM   #516
HORIZONS
Avalon Senior Member

This is a great thread and should be printed out for further study, contemplation and meditation.

The question of the ages: Who am I?
Old 02-28-2010, 05:04 AM   #517
HORIZONS
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

yes in body mind and soul

in Spirit no
My understanding is that there is only one Spirit, and That Spirit is infinitely expressed as the individual being of all life, no matter what that life-form is. Separation is the illusion - that is the so-called matrix.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:18 AM   #518
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Riddle me this: I am the One, yet I am individually expressed. Therefore who am I?

it's a wonder

Infinity

within

the finite

so I Am Infinite

but I cannot believe it

so I limit it

to me
Old 02-28-2010, 05:33 AM   #519
HORIZONS
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

it's a wonder

Infinity

within

the finite

so I Am Infinite

but I cannot believe it

so I limit it

to me
Thus, you have perfectly described the human dilemma.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:27 AM   #520
truthseekerdan
Avalon Senior Member

Great chit-chat on this thread...

The matter of fact is that the ego is our worst enemy (adversary).

I, us, we have to fight the ego (duality), every moment of spiritual growth.

I, us, we have the free will to either manifest God/Love/Christos, or ego/satan/devil.

I, us, we can Be MORE in the I AM THAT I AM.

~ Espavo ~
truthseekerdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:04 AM   #521
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Good morning.
My friends wow you have been busy.
It does my heart good to see so much wisdom coming to this thread.

In answer to 14
Certainly in the case Of David Hawkins there is no ego and the self of him is the same Self as the Self of Ramana etc it also the same Self as the Self of you.
Hawkins says he is not actually in the body, "People talk to it but thats the way it is here"

We cant fully understand till we are in that state but David Hawkins comes closest to describing what it is like.
Awareness remains and that is eternal. That is what you are and I are as One. Awareness.
There are levels of God awareness (even that is not absolutely correct) The first being full enlightenment as described by Hawkins. He is not saying he is God God as I understand it.
More comment very welcome and much appreciated
Chris

I have reposted this from previous page.

There is so many thoughts on what enlightenment is that I thought it best to get it straight from the one who is in such a state.

There are levels of enlightenment and after fully transcending the ego this is an account of the final state
copied from the book "I Reality and Subjectivity" by Dr David Hawkins MD Ph.D

"Suddenly without warning, a shift in awareness occurred and the Presence totally prevailed, unmistakable and all encompassing. There were a few moments of intense apprehension as the self died, and then the absoluteness of the Presence inspired a flash of awe. This breakthrough was spectacular and more intense than anything before. It had no counterpart in ordinary experience. The profound shock was was cushioned by the love that is the Presence. Without the support and protection of that love, it seems that one would be annihilated.
There followed a moment of terror as the ego clung to its existence, fearing it would become nothingness. Instead, as it died, it was replaced by the Self as Everythingness, the All in which everything was known and obvious in its perfect expression of its own essence.
With non-locality came the awareness that one is all that ever was or can be. One is total and complete, beyond all identities, beyond gender, beyond even humanness itself. One need never again fear suffering and death.

What happened to the body beyond this point is immaterial. At certain level of spiritual awareness, ailments of the body heal or spontaneously disappear, but in the Absolute state such considerations are irrelevant.
The body will run its predicted course and then return from whence it came. Its a matter of no importance, Reality is unaffected. The body is an it rather than a me; just another object like furniture in a room. It may seem comical that people still address the body as though it were an individual you, but there is no way to explain this state of awareness to the unaware. It is best to just go about ones business and allow providence to handle the social adjustment. However as one reaches bliss, it is very difficult to conceal that state of intense ecstasy.
in this final apocalypse of the self, the dissolution of the sole remaining duality of existence versus non existence dissolves in Universal Divinity and no individual consciousness is left to chose. The last step, then, is taken by God."
Old 02-28-2010, 09:16 AM   #522
4Q529
Project Avalon Member

Quote:
That is what you are and I are as One. Awareness.
Such "awareness" can only be accomplished through the 'movement' of self-reflection, which is intrinsically dualizing; and, for that reason, the origin of conflict and violence. (This is symbolized by the "serpent" in Genesis 3 and the "dragon" in the Revelation of John.)

This is simply inescapable.

Quote:
There is so many thoughts on what enlightenment is that I thought it best to get it straight from the one who is in such a state.
As observed by Krishnamurti, thought is intrinsically dualistic; and, for that reason, at least an exacerbation and intensification of conflict and violence.

This is inescapable.

Thus, thoughts about "enlightenment" are not in any way helpful to the actual reduction in the real world of conflict and violence.

Rather, the obsessive focusing upon "enlightenment" among the Eastern religious traditions is essentially no different than the incessant focusing upon personal "salvation" in the Western religious traditions. It only magnifies conflict and violence.

Quote:
There are levels of enlightenment...
All of this is nothing more than thought; and, thus, merely the continuation of conflict and violence.
4Q529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:25 AM   #523
4Q529
Project Avalon Member

Quote:
The question of the ages: Who am I?
As Nietzsche observed, "...if we could communicate with the mosquito, then we would learn that it floats through the air with the same self-importance, feeling within itself the flying center of the world. There is nothing in nature so despicable or insignificant that it cannot immediately be blown up like a bag by a slight breath of this power of knowledge..." (On Truth and Lie in an Extra-Moral Sense, 1873)

The question of the ages is not "Who am I?"

The question of the ages is "What is Truth?"

Obsessing with the identity of the "I"--and such things as "enlightenment" and "salvation"--is the manifestation of the problem rather than the solution.
4Q529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:28 AM   #524
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

This might be helpful, not saying its true but it is a way of looking at it.

Taking Dr Hawkins map of consciousness, which is presented as logarithmic scale, as a context.

God is infinity and therefore beyond calibration.
Archangels 50000
Enlightenment on earth up to 1000.
All the spiritual giants calibrate at this, Jesus the Buddah Krishna.
Enlightenment first level 600 (non-duality)
Sainthood very high 500s ( Saints are still very much in this world though not of it.)
Unconditional love 545
Megalomania 60.

The highest truth is that only God is.
So its likened to step down transformer,with highest spiritual energy God.
At lower levels we are unaware of consciousness at play we are so strongly identified with ego story we think we are it.
As our individual consciousness evolves we become aware that we are not just
a body, that may be an intellectual understanding to begin with.
We begin to disassociate from the play realizing that our perception has been mistaken and that there is no one out there doing anything to us, there is no external enemy, its the way we perceive events, our interpretation.
People are just being themselves.

Example, if people are angry and that anger heads in our direction, that is not a personal event, its just anger expressing itself and we happen to be handy for that to manifest. If we are not there, then, that anger would be expressed at some one or something else.

Eventually we can look at what is going on from an observer witness state and be unaffected by the play but there is compassion for those who still believe they are at the mercy of life. (Illusion)

If we are firmly entrenched in the belief in God, that we are not a body, how can death affect us? Except for compassion for others who are equal to us but not at the same level of understanding. Death is very real to them as is fear.

When enlightenment occurs it is not a personal event as there is no person left to claim it.
That is my understanding of the moment.
Comment very welcome.

Chris
Namaste
Old 02-28-2010, 09:55 AM   #525
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

4q529
Good to see you here contributing.
Yes you are right about thought being dualistic which is why KM said " I dont mind"
The reason so few are enlightened is that they pursue something out with themselves, dualistic.
Dr Hawkins goes in to great depth on the reason why so few make it in the book.
"Discovery of the presence of God"
The truly Enlightened Sages are thoughtless awareness, its hard for them to describe as they are everything and aware of everything. How can you describe the color white when you are white and so is everything else? Yet that is not that. It is not describable in human terms it is beyond mind.

4q529 if you can accept that KM was enlightened as are others in the past why not check out Hawkins for yourself. People seem to have difficulty in accepting that that there are spiritual geniuses, enlightened sages, here Now.

Those who are Truth have to step down to our level of vibration and understanding to encourage us and point the way as Jesus did.
They do not experience the world the way we do at all.
He, Jesus, said "I am the way" The "I" is the way and it is found inside.
The question is not who am I? but "What am I?"

Again this is my current understanding and words can never be truth as talking about "I"
is not "I"

Chris
Namaste.