Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 10-05-2008, 10:37 PM   #1
Mummy_bean
Avalon Senior Member

Default Robert Skidelsky - BBC Interview

Robert Skidelsky http://www.skidelskyr.com/ was interviewed on BBC news 24 this weekend by Andrew Neil. You can see the interview on BBC1i player.

This is a thorough and academic perspective on the current crisis, but toward the end of his interview with Andrew Neil he said some things that were very poingnant, I thought.

He also talks about the link between war and economic crises - war making a nation more government-centric for instance in terms of economic management. He talked about the end of the Anglo-American captalist model, and that in the future the world will have to accept a broader range of market types (from around the world and emerging economies). He talked quite strongly about the terrible potentially damaging social effects of the free market model etc. He acknowledges that we've lived way beyond our means for 25 years and how radically things are about to change, but that the change in our fundamental values that will be a result of this will be for the better.

That's the short and skinny of it, some of which is also in this article.
http://www.skidelskyr.com/site/artic...al-revolution/

I'm not passing a value judgement on this except to say if you're looking for a reasonable explanation of current events and a less terrifying vision of the future, this is useful.

"I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become reality. I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word. " Martin Luther King.
Mummy_bean is offline   Reply With Quote