Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Archived Threads - Read Only

Notices

Archived Threads - Read Only For threads not posted in for 30 days

Old 09-20-2008, 06:43 AM   #1
Jeremiad
Avalon Senior Member

Default Where to go in the Far East?

Hey Everybody!

Ok, so I've been loving the information that I've been able to gather here on Project Avalon, and I think we all have the right idea about having to come together to help each other out in the coming days ahead. It seems like these events that we've all been following for some time now are really beginning to take off, and it seems like we might be entering some very trying times indeed.

So I'm coming to you all looking for some advice. I recently left America in fear of the coming financial collapse (among other reasons). I am now living in South Korea, making a comfortable living with the means to actually prepare myself for any sort of global financial meltdown.

The problem is, in so doing, I've left everything behind and pretty much entered a much more isolated world. While I have made many friends here, all incredibly helpful and friendly, I am also in an alien environment as it is incredibly rare to find a native who speaks English. My fear is that if things really start to go down, I won't know where to go. And I'm just beginning to learn the Korean alphabet, and if things do happen this fast, there's no way I'm going to end up fluent by that time (I know teachers who have been here for three years and can still barely get by).

So I'm wondering if any of you know of any groups based out of Seoul or the surrounding area with viewpoints similar to our own. I know the US has a big military base here, but I'm fairly certain that those aren't exactly the guys I want to go running to in the event of a major catastrophe.

Anyway, any advice you can give, or rumors you may have heard would be incredibly helpful. In light of the events of the past week, I want to make sure that I'm as prepared as possible for whatever might wait for us in the coming months ahead.

Thank you all for your input!

- J
Jeremiad is offline   Reply With Quote