Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Health / Alternative Medicine

Notices

Old 04-19-2009, 02:41 AM   #51
voltron
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Is Smoking good for you?!

Prevention Magazine did a world wide survey of people who lived to be over one hundred years old. one of them was an old man who drank hot black coffee and smoked cigarettes all day. Diet had nothing to do with it. Most of these people hated doctors, worked at physical labor all day and had fun with life. The conclusion was that longivity is in your genes, and means more than anything else.
voltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:56 AM   #52
Christo888
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltron View Post
Prevention Magazine did a world wide survey of people who lived to be over one hundred years old. one of them was an old man who drank hot black coffee and smoked cigarettes all day. Diet had nothing to do with it. Most of these people hated doctors, worked at physical labor all day and had fun with life. The conclusion was that longivity is in your genes, and means more than anything else.
a well written prescription.
Christo888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:01 AM   #53
NewParadigmGuy
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltron View Post
I vaguely remember reading about a Japanese study that concluded that one thing long lived people around the world tend to have in common is drinking water sources that are very alkaline.
NewParadigmGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:26 PM   #54
Neo
Avalon Senior Member

Bill Hicks on non smokers -

"I'd quit smoking today if I didn't think I'd become one of you".

“I have something to tell you non-smokers that I know for a fact that you don't know, and I feel it's my duty to pass on information at all times. Ready?. . . ........... Non-smokers die every day".
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:47 PM   #55
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

Talking Re: Is Smoking good for you?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Bill Hicks on non smokers -

"I'd quit smoking today if I didn't think I'd become one of you".

“I have something to tell you non-smokers that I know for a fact that you don't know, and I feel it's my duty to pass on information at all times. Ready?. . . ........... Non-smokers die every day".

Bill Hicks on Smoking

Bill Hicks on non-smokers
Luminari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 05:12 PM   #56
sleepingnomore

Anything has it's pros and cons. Smoking helps you to focus and concentrate. It's not so much the nicotine that's bad for you as the additives they put into the cigerettes to addict you. The heat from the smoke you inhale is detrimental to your respiratory system.

Don't buy all the hype by the government about the healthcare costs associated with smokers, it's higher for alcohics and drug addicts. If it came from a Government sponsored study the results are just as biased as if the results came from a tobacco industry sponsored study.

It's not recommended for good health but I don't buy that in moderation it's as bad for you as the campaigns they put out against it (especially if you're smoking pure tobacco).

Just something to think about.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:28 PM   #57
macrostheblack
Avalon Senior Member

We are all different and one mans meat is another mans poison.

Now, by this i mean that we are all born with different strengths and weaknesses. For some, smoking actually helps them get through a tremendous personal problem. It can bolster one to continue focus upon a needed/desired goal.

Others may need another form of drug to get through.

What matters is not how it effects you for nearly everything here right now tarnishes the body in some form or another. Its about pre life choice and then enviroment you will be faced with. Some will find nicoteen suitable to assist in carrying them through their journey. Others will drink/eat/shrink/OCD/mental illness etc.

We all come here to help our development, our need to assist the earth, our need to help others learn from our mistakes. Sometimes someone has to make the gravest error in order to teach future generations and show them or scare them into the correct path.

All this is intertwined with us all in our development.

We make no mistakes in our lifes - only present new avenues to walk down which ultimatley help others.

macrostheblack is offline   Reply With Quote