Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:32 AM   #1
lightnoise
Avalon Senior Member

Default Alot of Volcano etc activity & no mainstream news mention !

In the last four days there has been alot of activity with multiple Volcanic eruptions , Earthquakes & Tsunami. Yet as far as i am aware i have not seen one mention of any of this in the mainstream news lol. I have pasted below a few recent pieces from this excellent website where you can keep tabs on whats really going down (or up)

http://www.volcanolive.com/news.html

Friday 8th January 2010
Turrialba Volcano, Costa Rica
Phreatic eruptions at Turrialba volcano, Costa Rica occurred from the west crater. Changes in the crater have occurred over the past four years, including ground cracking, landslides and fumaroles. Ashfall within 4 km of the crater consisted of pulverized old rock, and didn't include any juvenile magmatic material. Ashfall on farming land may cause problems for cattle if contaminated grass is injested. Residents have been warned of the adverse effects of ash on food crops, and machinery.

Thursday 7th January 2010
Nyamuragira Volcano, Democratic Republic of Congo
The eruption continues at Nyamuragira volcano in the Democratic Republic of Congo. After 4 days lava has traveled 21 kilometers, and is only 7 kilometers from the Goma-Sake road. Four craters were active at the beginning of the eruption. The lava flows are still within the boundaries of Virunga National Park. Volcanologists from Goma said lava could reach the Goma-Sake road within 2 to 3 days. Chimpanzees of Tongo have not been harmed.

Wednesday 6th January 2010
Turrialba Volcano, Costa Rica
An eruption occurred at Turrialba volcano, Costa Rica on 5th January 2010. The eruption emitted ash and gas. The volcano had been showing signs of activity since the weekend. Twenty people were evacuated. This is the first eruption at the volcano since 1866.

Tuesday 5th January 2010
Solomon Islands Earthquakes
Strong aftershocks have occurred in the Solomon Islands, following yesterdays major earthquake. A magnitude 6.1 earthquake occurred at 10:28 am 4th January and magnitude 6.9 today at 11:15 pm.

Tuesday 5th January 2010
Mayon Volcano, Philippines
Activity continues at Mayon volcano, Philippines. Over the past day 21 rockfall events were recorded by seismographs, and were related to lava avalanches. The alert status of Mayon volcano was lowered from 4 to 3 on 2nd January.

Tuesday 5th January 2010
Nyamuragira Volcano, Democratic Republic of Congo
An eruption began at Nyamuragira volcano on 2nd January 2010 at 4:58 am local time. Lava flowed 500 m in a direction south and southwest of the volcano.

Tuesday 5th January 2010
Solomon Islands Earthquake (Mag 7.2)
A magnitude 7.2 earthquake hit 22 km ENE of Coleman Seamount in the Solomon Islands at 9:36 am on 4th January 2010. A tsunami possibly hit uninhabited Tetepare Island. Landslides occurred on Tetepare and Rendova islands. More than 500 homes were destroyed in Marovo. Kavachi is an active undersea volcano 88 km SE of the earthquake epicentre.

If you look at the Sun activity here:

http://umbra.nascom.nasa.gov/eit/eit_full_res.html

you could follow popular theories & speculate that the Sun & volcano etc activity are linked. Some countries are also facing extreme weather conditions, the uk, for example is currently like the arctic.

P.S Happy New Year
lightnoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 10:43 AM   #2
morguana
Project Avalon Moderator

Default Re: Alot of Volcano etc activity & no mainstream news mention !

thank you lightnoise, tectonic activity seems to have increased over the last 10 years.......i feel that this is the change happening, and that the ptb do not wish this to be public knowledge.....i will get back to this later
m x

the way is not in the sky, the way is in the heart

forum guidlines

Avalon Chat
morguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:23 PM   #3
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

I have my homepage set to iGoogle where I've set up an earthquake gadget that tracks earthquake data worldwide and have been monitoring the activity now for almost 2 years. In that time I've seen a marked increase in number, frequency and magnitude of earthquakes world wide, especially around the SW quadrant of the Pacific Ring of Fire where there are a lot of volcano's.

In October there were days when there were 10-13 quakes a day that were over 5.0! This is happening a lot and we never hear about it unless thousands of people are killed or there's major damage! It's not uncommon at all to have 507 quakes a day over 5.0 and oodles of 3.0-4.0 all over Italy and the Mediterranean and the Middle East, Alaska, West Coast of US...So America gets quite of few hits too.

Watching the USGS Earthquake data map has made it very apparent something is going on...or i't's building up to a climax of some sort.
AscendingStarseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 02:08 PM   #4
pyrangello
Avalon Senior Member

Yea ascending , I check out the USGS earthquake site everyday, pay attention to the full moon at the time too. In the United States there is on average 500-700 earthquakes that have happened in any given 7 day period. I have seen it spike a hundred in a day and go as high as 1400 in 7 days . Were definately in the progressive 2012 shift, It's progessive because we are marching towards the date but we are actually in it now.

You ever wonder why that bridge fell in minnesota, did that have something to do with some movement of this shift?? My good friend says that she has more concern for people over the asia than here right now which kind of reflects your scale of events. Good job ! Team Avalon on the scene
pyrangello is offline   Reply With Quote