Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:31 AM   #1
BlueEgyptian
Avalon Senior Member

Default IS “Obamaism Driving People Crazy”???

Seeing as how this Forum is a center for exchanging ideas during this movement through shifts in consciousness, I expected to see many people commenting on the outcome of the election… Many are elated, some are perhaps disappointed…but I figured I would still see conversation concerning feeling a shift.

I found it interesting that the first post in response to my question were the words,

“This Obamaism is driving people crazy. He is a politician, not a messiah, not a saint, not a leader (he has never led anything).”

I certainly gave the argument merit. This country can get on a bandwagon about a lot of things…really GO with it, if you will….

And, as I feel we are all adults here learning how to better use our gifts as human beings, not only individually, but together, this is a great point. One can never look up to one man and expect them to “fix” everything… I/we are not looking for a “daddy”…

But then the following link was posted in support of the “Obamaism is driving people crazy view”…

http://www.faithfreedom.org/obama.html

And, instead of finding myself uplifted, I kinda felt like I had been slimed. I mean, now I’m looking at images of Obama and Hilter, side by side? And these photos are placed thusly in support of what?

So I decided to skim first. See who wrote it first. Always good to know, because I wouldn’t want to idolize words just because they are in print, right? This article was written by Ali Sina of Freedom Faith International. According to Wikipedia, a source he uses in his article…

“FFI identifies itself as "a grassroots worldwide movement of ex-Muslims and all those who are concerned about the rise of the Islamic threat". According to the website, FFI was founded by an Iranian ex-Muslim residing in Canada, going by the pseudonym of "Ali Sina." On the website, Ali Sina has issued a standing challenge that he will remove the FFI website if proven wrong on a number of issues.”

This was a red-flag to me in the beginning, because there has been so much negative propaganda perpetuated in emails, talk radio, and certain cable news networks which I need not even name, that after cycles have exhausted themselves, something needs to made up, if not exaggerated. The strategy is to take a topic and make as broad a smear as possible.

Ali Sina repeats the oft used tactic that has repeated itself over and over again in front of our eyes in the last 6 months, ie. Perpetuate the lie that Obama is a Muslim, and then have an ex-muslim/anti-muslim smear him…because that is what we are supposed to do now.. smear all muslims…especially ones trying to become president…

It is a long, drawn out article, and takes some patience to wade through…but it the argument goes something like this.

Obama is very popular, and even to the most ardent cynic, represents a stark difference in tone from what we have been getting in the last 8 years. According to this author, and I assume the one who is so ardently pushing this post agrees,

“When cheering for someone turns into adulation, something is wrong. Excessive adulation is indicative of a personality cult. The cult of personality is often created when the general population is discontent. A charismatic leader can seize the opportunity and project himself as an agent of change and a revolutionary leader.”

But then he goes on to say…

“I was amused to hear a listener calling Fox News Radio's Tom Sullivan Show, (Feb 11) and saying: "Listening to Obama ... it harkens back to when I was younger and I used to watch those deals with Hitler, how he would excite the crowd and they'd come to their feet and scream and yell." ( Videos of Hitler’s speeches are available on Youtube. They are worth a look.)”

So now, he brings up someone comparing him to Hitler. Oh, and by the way…didn’t I say I didn’t have to mention any cable networks…?

Now the author says outright he is not trying to make the comparison…

…”however, Hitler, prior to coming to power had not killed anyone.”

“Like Hitler and Khomeini, Obama also likes to create a cult of personality around himself.”

“He can create a cult of Personality by associating himself with the idea of change. He convinces everyone that things are terrible and a drastic change is needed. He then casts himself as the only person who can deliver this revolutionary transformation that everyone is waiting for.”

“These revolutionary leaders need foes. They exaggerate the problems. They make everything look gloomy. They lie, cheat and slander their opponents while casting themselves as the saviors of the nation. Hitler chose the Jews to blame for everything that was wrong in Germany. Khomeini made the Shah and his westernization plans his scapegoats. Obama has chosen President George W. Bush to smear,”

Which is why I find myself examining this more fully. Couldn’t a case be made that this has already happened?

After 911, the state of emergency was taken advantage of by those in power at the time.

http://www.naomiklein.org/shock-doctrine/the-book

A country calling itself a democratic republic of freedom had to have habeas corpus restored not that long ago. And the author here, based on some speeches and a largely positive public reaction, is telling us Obama is Hitler? Or that we should be concerned with him turning into one?

THEN he goes into Reverend Wright, and I don’t see anything new.

At all… I see the same arguments that were presented when the scandal blew up in the first place.

Nothing has changed. Including…

· We [The White controlled America] have supported state terrorism against Palestinians and Black South Africans … Because of the stuff we have done overseas is now brought back to our own home front yards. America’s chickens are coming home to roost.

When we kill others overseas recklessly with pre-emptive war, we invite resentment and terrorism.

· No, no, no! Not God bless America. God damn America. That is in the Bible, for killing innocent people. God damn America.

This was taken out of context… See the whole transcript of the sermon, with analysis…here…

http://www.democraticcentral.com/sho...B?diaryId=1814

· They [Government] purposely infected African-American men with syphilis!

This did actually happen…
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0762136.html

He goes on to say…

“Obama went one step further. He did not just condemn the racist remarks of his Pastor, but he preached and he sermonized how bad are they are. Now, this requires some audacity that only a narcissist can muster.”

It is interesting the attitude that can sink in.

That sort of, “they all look alike” view of another race, so they must “think” alike too, correct?

Obama made efforts to explain his views on this. He cannot condone them, and he didn’t. Perhaps he had compassion for the Rev’s views. Wright is probably old enough to have experienced actual Jim Crow laws.

But, because Obama tried to put this into perspective, and then distanced himself, this author is calling him a narcissist. Solely upon this argument alone.

Obama is popular, speaks intelligently, makes sense, works to unify people, has experience in community organizing, etc, etc, etc ….but because he put an old black man’s words into perspective, he is a narcissist. Hmmmm Not a very good argument in the first place, but I thought I would see what other evidence was provided to back this up.

Gets even more interesting from there. The first one he quotes, his main source, is a Dr. Sam Vaknin.

According to Vaknin, Obama displays the following behaviors, which are among the hallmarks of pathological narcissism:

- Subtly misrepresents facts and expediently and opportunistically shifts positions, views, opinions, and "ideals" (e.g., about campaign finance, re-districting). These flip-flops do not cause him overt distress and are ego-syntonic (he feels justified in acting this way). Alternatively, refuses to commit to a standpoint and, in the process, evidences a lack of empathy.

- Ignores data that conflict with his fantasy world, or with his inflated and grandiose self-image. This has to do with magical thinking. Obama already sees himself as president because he is firmly convinced that his dreams, thoughts, and wishes affect reality. Additionally, he denies the gap between his fantasies and his modest or limited real-life achievements (for instance, in 12 years of academic career, he didn't publish a single scholarly paper or book).

- Feels that he is above the law.

- Talks about himself in the 3rd person singluar or uses the regal "we" and craves to be the exclusive center of attention, even adulation

- Has a messianic-cosmic vision of himself and his life and his "mission".

- Sets ever more complex rules in a convoluted world of grandiose fantasies with its own language (jargon)

- Displays false modesty and unctuous "folksiness" but is unable to sustain these behaviors (the persona, or mask) for long. It slips and the true Obama is revealed: haughty, aloof, distant, and disdainful of simple folk and their lives.

- Sublimates aggression and holds grudges.

Once again, there are many arguments to be made that his has happened with the exiting administration, and is part of the reason why so many became emotional over not continuing with McCain. He represented the same thing. If you followed the money, it wasn’t hard to figure out.

But that is a logical argument from someone speaking about human psychology. As someone who would want to just promote as much fear as possible, you go on like Mr. Sina…and get even more dramatic…

.”David Koresh, Charles Manson, Joseph Koni, Shoko Asahara, Stalin, Saddam, Mao, Kim Jong Ill and Adolph Hitler are a few examples of narcissists of our time.”

What I don’t understand is why Mr. Sina even uses this source.

In fact, Vaknin was diagnosed with NPD in 1996, while serving a prison sentence in Israel.

‘Sam Vaknin is the world’s leading expert on narcissism. He’s also a narcissist himself. He was diagnosed with the illness in 1996 while serving a prison term in his native Israel. Before his imprisonment on fraud-related charges, Vaknin was an award-winning writer and an accomplished businessman.’

http://heliologue.com/2006/07/03/sam-vaknins-self-love/

Even in his book, Vaknin claims…

I am NOT a mental health professional - read the DISCLAIMER

But he obviously is getting something out of posing as someone who does, and using his own “cult of personality” to smear a candidate with lies and untruths.

MY point?

I’ve heard that many of the books that have ended up on the best-seller lists, many of those published to make paint liberals and progressives as “anti-american” and damned near third class citizens, are often propped up with right-wing foundation money. The emails that are circulated around often root from think tanks. There has been a well oiled effort to get out dis-information in the last 15 years with a such a tone as to stir up hatred and fear. Issue debate has been replaced with smearing, and who can yell the loudest. And now we’ve seen political rallys with people yelling “terrorist”, “kill him”, and saying things like “Obama is an arab.” This didn’t just happen because a everyone had a bad dream. It has been perpetuated and pummeled and “catapulted” as Arbusto once said…to get you scared out of your wits.

It is understandable to post this article on a number of right wing and/or progressive blogs/forums/sites out there. I WISH people would have the patience to read that article, and have some healthy debate. But to link this to Project Avalon kind of misses the point… It is poorly written, tells us nothing new, and simply regurgitates the drivel that has been pumped ad -infinitum in the last year. It is, if nothing else, a study in propaganda. Goebbels would have been proud.

Oh…and the one who posted it…if you wish to really have a dialogue about race relations, and how these can be healed…once again, there are many other ways to do this… Many here on this site would be willing to help. That article merely fans the flames of fear and hate more. We are all trying to make a shift here. It is obvious your most urgent issue is Rev Wright still. Perhaps after making an effort to explore a bit more outside of yourself, maybe after dealing with some personal race issues, all this Obamaism will just begin to roll off your back. I hope in time you can in time find yourself in a less fearful place.

Last edited by BlueEgyptian; 11-07-2008 at 09:40 AM.
BlueEgyptian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:04 AM   #2
Seeker Mom
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: IS “Obamaism Driving People Crazy”???

I'll admit this whole election nearly drove me mad. But as a result I have learned a heck of a lot about myself and how I relate to society as a whole. I am a rebel; if the group is all happily running in a certain direction I have always hung back a bit and asked 'why?' I'd almost prefer to be a conformist who could just run with the pack and not ask questions; life would be much easier that way.

In this case, I hope the group was right because my future and that of my children is riding on their preference. I will watch and see how it plays out.
Seeker Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 01:13 PM   #3
Anticomuna
Banned

A few points:

Quote:
And, instead of finding myself uplifted, I kinda felt like I had been slimed. I mean, now I’m looking at images of Obama and Hilter, side by side? And these photos are placed thusly in support of what?
Photos mean nothing without the text. The text says what it means. Simple and logical.

Quote:
Ali Sina repeats the oft used tactic that has repeated itself over and over again in front of our eyes in the last 6 months, ie. Perpetuate the lie that Obama is a Muslim, and then have an ex-muslim/anti-muslim smear him
The text in question has absolutely nothing to do with muslims. He talks about personality cults.

Quote:
Obama made efforts to explain his views on this. He cannot condone them, and he didn’t. Perhaps he had compassion for the Rev’s views. Wright is probably old enough to have experienced actual Jim Crow laws.
Obama listened to the reverend hatred remarks for two decades! He never expressed any disagreement until the media pointed out, and he only spoke against it when it started affecting his campaign, just to show the guy is all about himself.

Quote:
But, because Obama tried to put this into perspective, and then distanced himself, this author is calling him a narcissist. Solely upon this argument alone.
No, the whole text explains why he is narcissist. Not just that line.

Quote:
Obama is popular, speaks intelligently, makes sense, works to unify people, has experience in community organizing, etc, etc, etc ….but because he put an old black man’s words into perspective, he is a narcissist. Hmmmm Not a very good argument in the first place, but I thought I would see what other evidence was provided to back this up.
It is because you took it out of context.

Quote:
But he obviously is getting something out of posing as someone who does, and using his own “cult of personality” to smear a candidate with lies and untruths.
Which were? This is not a rethorical question, please point out where the author of the text has lied.

Quote:
Oh…and the one who posted it…if you wish to really have a dialogue about race relations, and how these can be healed…once again, there are many other ways to do this… Many here on this site would be willing to help.
Not voting or not being blind, deaf and dumb for Obama is racism. Oh, I get it! Soon the Obama police will be enforcing the Führer's will on the US streets. I will be here, if the Internet is still up, to tell you "I told you so".

How can people be so easily fooled?
Anticomuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:24 PM   #4
Mark
Avalon Senior Member

I think the world media is selecting footage that shows a few going mad, transmitting it and telling us that everyne loves him - media manipulation, simple. It's all part of the NWO agenda, isn't it - don't be conned!
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:42 PM   #5
MusicLover

This Obamaism isn't bugging me one bit.In my mind its an interesting time in history.How all this plays out is another story which has my interest for sure.
I think he is a puppet.Even if he isn't and is the man to help the planet...I still can't wait to see it unfold....good or bad.
Its gonna be a fun ride.
This is a turning point in history... good or bad.
Time will tell.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:48 PM   #6
MAP
Avalon Senior Member

Location: click sing along with me =) ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn0bgdsCxXE

http://www.theonion.com/content//nod...bedded_video_2
MAP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fear, obama, race, shift